Barton talks underway
Burnley boss Sean Dyche has today confirmed that talks have started over a new contract for midfielder Joey Barton who, just last week, said he would like to stay with the club beyond this season.
There was a mixed reaction when Joey first joined the club at the end of August but any doubts people had have quickly disappeared since he got into the first team at Rotherham at the start of October and remained there ever since.
He probably had his best game yet for us last Saturday in the 2-0 win against Rotherham and that followed him saying: “The gaffer knows exactly where I stand on the contract situation. If they want me to stay the gaffer knows my feelings on it.”
Barton, who was 33 in September, now looks set to commit to the Clarets for next season at least. I’m sure that will please the supporters, the manager and the players. Only last week, asked about Barton, Michael Keane said he was intelligent and a good influence in the dressing room.
This week he’s spoken about wanting to finish in first place, but he’s also said he’s ready to commit to the club no matter which league we are playing in.
Yet more positive news coming out of Turf Moor.Share this page :