Search found 1960 matches

by Spiral
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:10 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New North of England Lockdown Laws coming into force on 5th August
Replies: 15
Views: 2007

Re: New North of England Lockdown Laws coming into force on 5th August

Thanks again. So 3 cases in Colne in June and none at all in July. There hasn't been a single person found to have coronavirus in Colne in July. This is lunacy. Under part 2.2 in the SI linked in the first post, "Meaning of “the protected area” in Part 2", it legislates by borough, not by ward, and...
by Spiral
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:27 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New North of England Lockdown Laws coming into force on 5th August
Replies: 15
Views: 2007

Re: New North of England Lockdown Laws coming into force on 5th August

The correlation between wards and cases speaks volumes. But hush.... Yep. Higher reported cases in wards with higher Asian populations. This might be because of the nature of Muslim worship, i.e., regular gatherings in mosques, or perhaps (or even coupled with the fact) Asians are typically more li...
by Spiral
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:38 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: House of Lords
Replies: 13
Views: 712

Re: House of Lords

I used the informal definition of the word 'baron' - substitute it with magnate, tycoon, mogul etc. The dissemination of information is vital for a country to function. Govt communicates via media. If someone proposes a law which will affect media companies, who scrutinises this law? A millionaire p...
by Spiral
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:12 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: House of Lords
Replies: 13
Views: 712

Re: House of Lords

Agree a lot of what you say, aggi. Abolish HoL and replace with Assembly of Knowledgeable Persons (KPs). The role of KPs should be (a) to scrutinise legislation and ensure that laws are drafted to achieve the intentions of HoC, ensuring that there is clarity of the intentions and that there are no ...
by Spiral
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:17 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: House of Lords
Replies: 13
Views: 712

Re: House of Lords

'Unelected lords' is a catchy rabble-rousing slogan and everything, and replacing it with an elected body is superficially appealing, but if the point of the lords is to be advisory and to review law (which it is), having it reflect the will of the people (Jesus Christ, not this again) undermines it...
by Spiral
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:15 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Evgeny Lebedev (politics)
Replies: 16
Views: 1080

Re: Evgeny Lebedev (politics)

I can stomach useless chancers and harmless sycophants being granted peerages, but granting peerage and the power that comes with it to a foreign born oligarch from a hostile country which operates as a mafia ring, a country whose oligarchs owe their status and very mortal existence to the favour of...
by Spiral
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:41 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Evgeny Lebedev (politics)
Replies: 16
Views: 1080

Re: Evgeny Lebedev (politics)

What exactly has Boris's brother Jo done to deserve a peerage? Would make more sense if it was the snooker player from Bradford. You know how when Kim Jong-un assassinated his half brother with nerve agent a few years ago in order to eliminate a potential claimant to the throne and shore up his pow...
by Spiral
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:16 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Evgeny Lebedev (politics)
Replies: 16
Views: 1080

Re: Evgeny Lebedev (politics)

It's a bit more than a mere "honour", the bloke is going to be scrutinising UK legislation in the Lords. So is Claire Fox, an actual communist. Former RCP activist, equivocated over Warrington IRA bombing, supported Gadaffi, denied Bosnian genocide, real nice lady. She's also going to be voting on o...
by Spiral
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:27 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Evgeny Lebedev (politics)
Replies: 16
Views: 1080

Evgeny Lebedev (politics)

Not to sound like a xenophobe or owt but you-know-who has given the Ruskie son of a former KGB spy a peerage. Smashing! Where's that report again?...
by Spiral
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:51 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Donald Trump
Replies: 1757
Views: 49971

Re: Donald Trump

US gun laws, for one example, are hopelessly out of date, and serve no useful purpose. Their democracy is swamped by money and vested interests. It’s very similar to how Rome - a mighty republic - became ruled by an emperor, by allowing untrammelled wealth to trump citizen power. Two slight advanta...
by Spiral
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:59 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brilliant
Replies: 28
Views: 2059

Re: Brilliant

Thought experiment: Autumn spike leads to lockdown, cases drop by early winter, concerns about increase in number of infections are being balanced off a desperation to avoid yet further economic catastrophe, govt lifts lockdown, weeks later lockdown is imposed on precisely the evening of the 24th of...
by Spiral
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Burnley and Pendle to lockdown?
Replies: 75
Views: 4044

Re: Burnley and Pendle to lockdown?

4 new cases out of a population of 70,000 is an extraordinarily low number It's the trend which is important, the reproduction rate, not just in Burnley (or any given area) but its locality also. There's latency between infection and symptoms, and even more latency in reporting. Take this deadly se...
by Spiral
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:21 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Donald Trump
Replies: 1757
Views: 49971

Re: Donald Trump

Ah but this is Trump. Law is for other people. It'll hopefully be a shock when someone points out that he's not above it. The election will happen but not because of the rule of law. It's not about rule of law, such a thing doesn't seem to constrain the Republicans. Like you say, rule of law is for...
by Spiral
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:40 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Donald Trump
Replies: 1757
Views: 49971

Re: Donald Trump

BurningBeard wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:01 pm
He's now suggesting the election be postponed.
Biggest ever US quarterly GDP contraction since reports began being published 70 years ago. It's a distraction from that. It's a dead cat on the table.
by Spiral
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:59 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: This generation
Replies: 155
Views: 4032

Re: This generation

Europe would have struggled to drag itself out of the middle-ages were it not for a renaissance period underpinned by a rediscovery of the classical period, its systems of government, its ideas and its art. Any building worth looking at, any museum worth visiting, any monument erected to save a cult...
by Spiral
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:37 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: This generation
Replies: 155
Views: 4032

Re: This generation

Everyone under 40 should reject all these mod cons such as portable telephones and electricity and protection from the elements and other such frivolous nonsense and we leave the oldies to it but we don't tell them where the insert key is on a laptop, then we trade our knowledge for respect. Fool-pr...
by Spiral
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:09 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: This generation
Replies: 155
Views: 4032

Re: This generation

That's just your mind being more vigilant.
by Spiral
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:36 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: This generation
Replies: 155
Views: 4032

Re: This generation

Riots and looting during the blitz. Bobinho is a moron surrendering to declinism because his life didn't turn out the way he wanted it to and so he blames folks younger than himself for his misery. Phantoms are everywhere, and bitter folk waste their days swinging at them. Stop being silly.
by Spiral
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:52 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Birmingham City retire the number 22
Replies: 17
Views: 1576

Re: Birmingham City retire the number 22

Chinese owner, number 2 is auspicious in Chinese culture, and 22 represents a double blessing. So not just any old ordinary b0llocks, it's superstitious b0llocks, too.
by Spiral
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:33 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Russia Report
Replies: 112
Views: 2222

Re: Russia Report

When was the last time Labour didn't back an investigation in to anything connected to the government?. When will they have their investigation on why they lost votes in the North? I haven't heard anything about this, I know its only been 8 months, they have made zero effort to reconnect with voter...
by Spiral
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:04 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Russia Report
Replies: 112
Views: 2222

Re: Russia Report

The sole purpose of the opposition is to hold the Government to account. If they are questions that cannot be answered into the public conscious then they need asking through other channels. We do not get to hear, we vote In representatives... We do not NEED to know, MP’s need to... and will, they ...
by Spiral
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:51 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Russia Report
Replies: 112
Views: 2222

Re: Russia Report

My cynicism is based largely on historical evidence of just how little we actually know is going on.... nothing to do with Any current focus politically. They all play the same games to get power. Just give it a couple of years and watch the documentaries start appearing about JFK.... for just one ...
by Spiral
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:24 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Russia Report
Replies: 112
Views: 2222

Re: Russia Report

Not arguing with you Spiral. I think the bloody lot of them are corrupt... I don’t care what colour rose they chose. As BC once pointed out.. wanting to be an MP should automatically rule you out from standing in elections. We are no cleaner than the Russians... Not arguing with you, elwa. One of t...
by Spiral
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:40 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Russia Report
Replies: 112
Views: 2222

Re: Russia Report

Evidence submitted to the ISC from former MI6 agent and Russia specialist, Christopher Steel, has been published with the approval of the ISC. Bold for emphasis below. My understanding, arising partly from personal experience with the ‘Trump-Russia dossier’, is that this government perhaps more than...
by Spiral
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:17 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Russia Report
Replies: 112
Views: 2222

Re: Russia Report

Agree in so much as this is another victory for Russia... no idea what the reference to gay judges is ... but perhaps just as well. They even said it was not their remit to find specifics... so what were they reporting on? On reporting the High Court ruling upholding the supremacy of parliament dur...
by Spiral
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:50 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Russia Report
Replies: 112
Views: 2222

Re: Russia Report

Lots of traitors on this thread with their wishy-washy downplaying of our defeat in battle. This is a strategic victory for Russia, make no mistake. Politics is so corrupted that our leaders aren't willing to lift a finger to defend us, and the plebs are too parochial, ignorant and afraid to even at...
by Spiral
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:09 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Whiskey Drinkers
Replies: 68
Views: 1702

Re: Whiskey Drinkers

Forty quid to get pi$$ed? You're out of your tree.
by Spiral
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:53 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Artificial Crowd Noise
Replies: 32
Views: 952

Re: Artificial Crowd Noise

The Bundesliga matches I've watched with fake crowd noise are a far better experience than the matches I've watched without. We all know these are unique circumstances and there's no incentive for broadcasters to do away with crowds, so that shouldn't be a concern. Pumping crowd noise into the broad...
by Spiral
Fri May 29, 2020 8:31 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Political compass
Replies: 48
Views: 1309

Re: Political compass

Damo wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:15 pm
I have intialised the forstbstage of your plan.
Yup. I can tell!!!
by Spiral
Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Political compass
Replies: 48
Views: 1309

Re: Political compass

Must admit I'm enjoying seeing (imagining) the mini panic attacks some of these results are inducing in folk for whom being right wing is a significant component in their sense of identity. (Don't get your nickers in a twist, I'm just kidding. But seriously. But joking. But not. But still joking...)...
by Spiral
Fri May 29, 2020 6:56 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Political compass
Replies: 48
Views: 1309

Re: Political compass

I think we should all get really drunk and then redo this.
by Spiral
Fri May 29, 2020 2:02 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Political compass
Replies: 48
Views: 1309

Re: Political compass

atlantalad wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:02 am
Nearly hit the crosshairs. -0.5, 1.0
Ok, so atlantalad closest to Stalin so far.
by Spiral
Fri May 29, 2020 12:51 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Political compass
Replies: 48
Views: 1309

Re: Political compass

Yeah, some of the questions are poor and lack subtlety and nuance, forcing a position that you wouldn't otherwise take. Economic Left/Right: -6.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23 https://i.ibb.co/MhJfrC0/chart-ec-6-38-soc-7.png By the way there's a subreddit dedicated to memes in this format...
by Spiral
Thu May 28, 2020 11:25 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Joe hart
Replies: 60
Views: 2301

Re: Joe hart

What's that got to do with "mental health" He's basically taking the **** out of the club. I mean let's face it, osmeone like him isn't dreaming about coming here, now he's complaining about his lack of fame and funds... He can **** off. I can't believe how many idiots are taken in by the "mental h...
by Spiral
Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Joe hart
Replies: 60
Views: 2301

Re: Joe hart

In fairness we were creating hardly any chances in some of those games, putting more pressure on the defence. Some of those heavy defeats wouldn't have been as damaging if the other 1-0's were 1-1's, or to that effect.
by Spiral
Thu May 28, 2020 10:31 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Joe hart
Replies: 60
Views: 2301

Re: Joe hart

Pickford also flaps about like he's done a gram and he doesn't keep many clean sheets, either. I suppose if it works then it works. Worked well for a time for Hart, too. To use an analogy, he looks to me like a boxer going all-in with the haymakers from the first bell when a patient jab would be of ...
by Spiral
Thu May 28, 2020 9:10 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Joe hart
Replies: 60
Views: 2301

Re: Joe hart

I do wonder if he'd be able to get back close to his best days (or there about) by calming down a little. He seems very pumped up on the pitch. Heaton was commanding...and loud, very loud, but if look at GKs like Alisson, Neuer, and even our Pope they have a zen-like composure. So much psychological...
by Spiral
Thu May 28, 2020 2:35 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dominic Cummings
Replies: 874
Views: 15281

Re: Dominic Cummings

Inevitable, really. A few quotes from this article... https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-lockdown-breakers-tell-police-if-its-okay-for-cummings-its-okay-for-us-11995648?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter People are breaking lockdown rules and using the actions of Boris Johnson's special adviser - Dominic Cummi...
by Spiral
Wed May 27, 2020 10:58 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dominic Cummings
Replies: 874
Views: 15281

Re: Dominic Cummings

The mainstream Tories can see the problems,but the Cummings cultists in the cabinet seem oblivious to the damage being caused to both the Conservatives and the country. Those in govt defending Cummings aren't cultists, nor do I imagine many (if any) particularly like the man. Their motives in defen...
by Spiral
Wed May 27, 2020 10:11 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dominic Cummings
Replies: 874
Views: 15281

Re: Dominic Cummings

scouseclaret wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:53 pm
This is... at worst, Stalinist.the beginning of the end of free speech in this country.
Jesus Christ, mate, don't say things like that. It's a shambles of a situation, but come on.
by Spiral
Tue May 26, 2020 9:09 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dominic Cummings
Replies: 874
Views: 15281

Re: Dominic Cummings

Church of England Bishops' views being reported by the BBC ? Ive heard it all now. 50 years of either being mocked or ignored...and now theyre suddenly quote worthy ? Strange times indeed... It is probably newsworthy to report on John Inge, the Bishop of Worcester who was told 'stay out of politics...
by Spiral
Tue May 26, 2020 6:27 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dominic Cummings
Replies: 874
Views: 15281

Re: Dominic Cummings

That’s got nothing to do with Cummings. Regardless of lockdown regulations you would still not have been allowed onto a ward because that goes against the medical advice and the hospital rules. Funerals Times have been shortened because of demand not lockdown and the number of people have been rest...
by Spiral
Tue May 26, 2020 5:39 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dortmund v Bayern live
Replies: 10
Views: 669

Dortmund v Bayern live

Just kicked off. Streams should be available on all the places you usually steal footy matches. Real football!!!
by Spiral
Mon May 25, 2020 11:16 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dominic Cummings
Replies: 874
Views: 15281

Re: Dominic Cummings

Because he made the rules, or at least was a major architect. If people are forced to do something and are fined for not doing it that is one thing but to do the forcing and then ignore your own instruction is hypocritical at the very least. The problem now is this, if for some reason the governmen...
by Spiral
Mon May 25, 2020 10:56 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dominic Cummings
Replies: 874
Views: 15281

Re: Dominic Cummings

You can talk as much as you want, however, you don't have to worry about them, particularly at the moment. You care about politics it would seem, however, some of us don't care enough to get uptight about anything. You have admitted that you have no control over what goes on and that is all that I ...
by Spiral
Mon May 25, 2020 10:29 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dominic Cummings
Replies: 874
Views: 15281

Re: Dominic Cummings

Exactly tiger, so why waste energy worrying about something over which we have no control whatsoever. Whether Cummings stays or goes matters not because there will be someone else in the wings who will wear the same hat and do just as they wish,in spite of what they tell us. Cynicism abounds! Might...
by Spiral
Mon May 25, 2020 10:25 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dominic Cummings
Replies: 874
Views: 15281

Re: Dominic Cummings

Perhaps, because I have seen too much of this sort of thing from very close range, I just do not get uptight about something over which I have no controll, it is better for the blood pressure. I don't have to worry about this at all because there are milliions doing it for me. One question for you ...
by Spiral
Mon May 25, 2020 9:47 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dominic Cummings
Replies: 874
Views: 15281

Re: Dominic Cummings

Doesn't matter what the government say now because lots of idiots have not been taking it serious anyway. It is all a matter of common sense, particularly if you are in contact with those on the front line and hear of their experiences. When you have MPs like Stephen Kinnock ignoring the advice, MP...
by Spiral
Mon May 25, 2020 8:27 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dominic Cummings
Replies: 874
Views: 15281

Re: Dominic Cummings

More the fool those who worry about any of this because it is way out of our control. It is the media and the left who are controlling the outrage and no matter what happens, it will have no effect on me or my family at all. Just chill, it won't cause a war ---it's not WMD ---now that was dangerous...
by Spiral
Mon May 25, 2020 8:16 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dominic Cummings
Replies: 874
Views: 15281

Re: Dominic Cummings

Burnley Ace wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:13 pm
No it isn’t.
Yes it is.

*commits transgression*

"labour are hypocrites"

You don't actually need to say the words 'what about' to be doing whataboutery.