Search found 3453 matches

by martin_p
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:55 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

On the subject of EU democracy, I would propose, for it do be declared 'democratic', as a minimum: Legislative proposal powers in most cases lies with the Parliament. If Parliament passes a law, the consent of either the Commission or The Council is required, but not both. That all treaties have a ...
by martin_p
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:44 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

My point was that at least 2 PMs have been put into power with an election . So stop bleating when it's not your party that does it. That shows you misunderstood my initial point (that being the irony of you ‘bleating’ about not getting a vote in the election of Commission President while the U.K. ...
by martin_p
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:55 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Yep, yep, yep. My mistake, it is the European Council that proposes them. But it doesn't alter the fact that the actual people sitting on it were not elected, nor does it alter the fact that the Commission represents the EU, not member states. Nor that their duty is to uphold the treaties, which we...
by martin_p
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:30 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

RingoMcCartney wrote:In 2007, Tony Blair resigned as Prime Minister and Labour Leader and Brown was chosen to replace him in an uncontested election. and became prime minister.


Yep, there should have been an election then too. What’s your point?
by martin_p
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:17 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

summitclaret wrote:And person will not be elected by an eu citizen directly. It's a sham.


So a U.K PM elected by 0.25% of the electorate is more legitimate?

All the Euro MEPs have to vote anyway, they’re citizens as well.
by martin_p
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:12 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

summitclaret wrote:You can get rid of a uk pm and/or his or her party at the next GE.


They’re choosing a new Euro Commissioner as a result of the recent Euro Elections.
by martin_p
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:53 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I see they're choosing a new president of the European Commission. My ballot paper must have got lost in the post. Or could it be that this beacon of democracy that remoaners claim it to be. Doesn't see fit to let the people of Europe have a say, in who becomes the head of the body The Commission ,...
by martin_p
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:37 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Trump/Russia Dossier
Replies: 1194
Views: 54617

Re: Trump/Russia Dossier

Politicians all over the world condemning these tweets. Two notable absences though, the men vying to be our next PM.
by martin_p
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:16 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Burnley are bottom (or should that be top?)
Replies: 4
Views: 815

Re: Burnley are bottom (or should that be top?)

They only need to last a year, definitely good value for money (well compared to the rest at least). And it just £35 for a full kit for six year olds and under.
by martin_p
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:56 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Steve Bruce - BBC reporting he has resigned from Sheff Wed
Replies: 45
Views: 2342

Re: Steve Bruce - BBC reporting he has resigned from Sheff Wed

For clubs like ours, whose first task is to avoid relegation, I think this is great news.
by martin_p
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:54 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Design a Burnley shirt with Burnley shirts
Replies: 36
Views: 1638

Re: Design a Burnley shirt with Burnley shirts

For me the classic away shirt is the 80s yellow one with the claret and blue stripes from shoulder to neck. Always think of Billy Hamilton when I see that one for some reason.
by martin_p
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:26 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Design a Burnley shirt with Burnley shirts
Replies: 36
Views: 1638

Re: Design a Burnley shirt with Burnley shirts

You’d have to start with the kits we’ve won different leagues in, 59/60, 72/73, 81/82, etc. From a personal point of view the late 70s ‘V’ strip, it was the first one I saw us play in.
by martin_p
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:15 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New Corner Stands
Replies: 440
Views: 31084

Re: New Corner Stands

claptrappers_union wrote:The colour choice is designed for the visually impaired I'm told.


There you go then, that makes sense.
by martin_p
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:06 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: England v New Zealand
Replies: 582
Views: 8409

Re: England v New Zealand

ClaretTony wrote:New Zealand
14 fours and 2 sixes

England
22 fours and 2 sixes

We went into the super over with an advantage of 8 although those in the super over needed to be added to those totals.


Which made it mathematically impossible for NZ to win by that method, hence them knowing they needed 16.
by martin_p
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:05 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: England v New Zealand
Replies: 582
Views: 8409

Re: England v New Zealand

Steve1956 wrote:Just out of interest how many boundaries did we score more than NZ?


Think it was 7 or 8.
by martin_p
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:17 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New Corner Stands
Replies: 440
Views: 31084

Re: New Corner Stands

What a **** **** of a statement. I'd give you the most condescending ******* award of the year but you'd probably treasure it. You should be ashamed of yourself You’re right, suggesting someone take their own food if they don’t like what’s on offer is probably the worst thing anyone will type this ...
by martin_p
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:54 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New Corner Stands
Replies: 440
Views: 31084

Re: New Corner Stands

I live nigh on 300 miles away, and for the last 12 years, I’ve raced back and forth to games, sometimes straight after a night shift. Countless times I’ve had to dump the car and run, sometimes being as late as half time. In an ideal world, I, or my kids, wouldn’t touch the food at the Turf, but I’...
by martin_p
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:52 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New Corner Stands
Replies: 440
Views: 31084

Re: New Corner Stands

Murger wrote:Don't give a rats. We are a Premier League club


The only part of your statement that is relevant.
by martin_p
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:38 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New Corner Stands
Replies: 440
Views: 31084

Re: New Corner Stands

This really has been done to death. Expectations change over time. What was acceptable a generation ago, isn’t so much now. Sure, we get a helluva lot of things right at Burnley at the moment, both on and off the pitch, which we should be applauded for. BUT, and there is a but, legitimate concerns ...
by martin_p
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:08 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New Corner Stands
Replies: 440
Views: 31084

Re: New Corner Stands

Rileybobs wrote:What exactly do people want?


A lot just want something to moan about.
by martin_p
Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:40 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New Corner Stands
Replies: 440
Views: 31084

Re: New Corner Stands

Claretforever wrote:The key words in my comment were “for our fans”.


Sure I got a free season ticket in 2009.
by martin_p
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:45 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New Corner Stands
Replies: 440
Views: 31084

Re: New Corner Stands

I can understand how upset people are getting about the exterior look of this new stand what with the rest of the ground being an architectural masterpiece.
by martin_p
Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:09 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New Corner Stands
Replies: 440
Views: 31084

Re: New Corner Stands

I’m finding it difficult to care. I spend 20 seconds walking past it on a match day and that’s the only time I’ll see it. Looks fine from inside the ground.
by martin_p
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:22 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Old Burnley Images
Replies: 27
Views: 1952

Re: Old Burnley Images

Notice it’s the Cricket Field Stand’s 50th birthday three weeks today. Shall we have a whip round and get it something? Anyone any ideas for a present?
by martin_p
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:01 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

We have not faced a demographic issue like we have now in that time either. 3 things are coming together all at once. Leaving the EU. Demographics. US pulling out of protecting global transport. Just borrowing money is not going solve these issues. Less or difficult trading with the EU, possibly ta...
by martin_p
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:39 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Just watching Boris squirm on the Andrew Neil interview. We’re all doomed!
by martin_p
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:29 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

recession /rɪˈsɛʃ(ə)n/ noun 1. a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters. With less people earning and spending please How are we going avoid a recession by borrowing more money. Ho...
by martin_p
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:59 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: First game of the season tomorrow?
Replies: 24
Views: 1822

Re: First game of the season tomorrow?

Paint it claret wrote:Playing against Fulham


So will MOTD be on tonight then? Bet we’re last match!
by martin_p
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:20 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

So your just advocating borrowing more and more money and never paying it back. Adding more burden onto less kids. I’m not advocating anything, i’m arguing against your assertion that paying out more than you take in equals a recession. We’ve had a budget deficit for a while now and are likely to c...
by martin_p
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:53 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

That is simply illogical, if you take out more than goes in your in debt. If you borrow to support less and less people putting in, eventually you are completely bankrupt. Perhaps your part of the modern world that thinks you can just keep on borrowing money you never intend to pay back without any...
by martin_p
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Well, despite being offered many many opportunities, I can't help but draw to the conclusion that despite only having, in your words, "just an opinion Wrongo." It's more than you have. Cos you certainly don't have any of that evidence you claimed you had! You keep up the good work of hunt...
by martin_p
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:19 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Ever since 2017 when I first raised this issue following another similar cases of people trafficking and slavery. I simply said it was my opinion that ending free movement of people will help stop people trafficking , exploitation and modern day slavery. Others have claimed, Marty in particular, th...
by martin_p
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:07 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

RingoMcCartney wrote:You've had nearly 2 years to provide, and back up your hollow claim that you had this much vaunted evidence that ending free movement of people will not help people trafficking, exploitation and modern day slavery.

Still waiting......


Kim Darroch would have a field day with you!
by martin_p
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:05 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

What will I change at the boarder ? I'm not in charge. However, I often listen to immigration officials on the radio who are at their wits end because the system is not fit for purpose and their work load means they are ineffectual. And Brexit will make that workload worse. I said in my opinion it ...
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:57 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

To be fair demographic data is just data. Do I agree with some of his conclusions , no. But more people taking out than putting in equals a recession. More people take out than put in now. That’s why we have public sector borrowing. It doesn’t equal recession (for a start the care sector is booming!)
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:42 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

You can try to ignore economic fact. It’s actually nothing to do with Brexit, the demographic facts are coming home to roost. If you took the time to investigate and read, you might understand. I suggest you won’t bother. The facts you have are demographic not economic. Care for the elderly costing...
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Kim Darroch resigns (politics)
Replies: 78
Views: 1402

Re: Kim Darroch resigns (politics)

Paul Waine wrote:Have you any idea why "everyone" appears to have been filled with "shock horror" etc, etc?


Because they’ve jumped into comment on a story they haven’t actually read.
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:00 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Kim Darroch resigns (politics)
Replies: 78
Views: 1402

Re: Kim Darroch resigns (politics)

Has anyone read what was in the leaked docs? All I can find are a few "quotes" in MoS article. Having read them, I'm puzzled as to why everyone appears to have got "so excited" by them. And, that's not just "everyone" on here. I'm not sure that ITV didn't "over-hy...
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:31 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Happy Birthday Big Ben
Replies: 12
Views: 762

Re: Happy Birthday Big Ben

‘It’s the bell that’s called Big Ben, not the clock’ goes up the cry!
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:17 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

True but they are trying to ignore the fact a recession is coming, which the US will be immune from. Choose your dance partner. One drags you down with it, the other we could just hold our own or even prosper a little. Except no one believes that except you. Even some of the most ardent Brexiteers ...
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:38 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Not the point I was making, but I suspect you knew that. You prefer to see us as the poor man of Europe with begging bowls who should be grateful for whatever the EU allows us, Fair enough. I was merely pointing out it is not in either’s interest to play any further games. The EU aren’t playing gam...
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:09 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

As one of the largest contributors, Britain leaving is a major problem for Europe. It is one of the reasons I don’t share the pessimism of a) Leaving b) The renegotiation bringing results. I don’t believe No Deal is in the slightest likely, Europe cannot afford the hole it creates in their accounts...
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:41 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Digital Services Tax - France.
Replies: 16
Views: 587

Re: Digital Services Tax - France.

Not a cat in hells chance of Boris doing this.
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:24 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Kim Darroch resigns (politics)
Replies: 78
Views: 1402

Re: Kim Darroch resigns (politics)

Oh, come on my friend, Greenmile! I said that some were suggesting that he used language in his "diplomatic reports" that have since been leaked that follow the style of some posters on here. As I've said, do we really expect our "highly trained, highly qualified, civil servants"...
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:46 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Ambassador Farage
Replies: 230
Views: 4026

Re: Ambassador Farage

:lol: I see Rowls continued to wriggle well after I’d gone to bed. I’ve never seen someone use so many words without being able to express himself clearly. If he’d been an ambassador using such ambiguity and obfuscation with his employer he’d soon be out of a job!
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:40 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I love how Ringo is using “End modern day slavery” as a code for “stop foreigners coming in” but in a way that he thinks doesn’t make him sound like a racist. The fact that he only seems to care about trafficking from within the EU and doesn’t seem concerned about Asian slaves makes him look more r...
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:22 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I’ve also shown more gone from Albania and Vietnam. Go check those populations. It’s almost as if the population of the country was irrelevant.
by martin_p
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:22 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10261
Views: 150237

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I believe ending free movement of people will help stop people trafficking, exploitation and modern day slavery. There's a clue in the title of the PC term for the commoditification of human beings. FREE! You could always provide that evidence you claimed you had , that far outweighed my opinion, t...
by martin_p
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:58 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Kim Darroch resigns (politics)
Replies: 78
Views: 1402

Re: Kim Darroch resigns (politics)

Paul Waine wrote:Hi IT, do you really think that the way you post on here is the way that any country expects their diplomats to write?


What Darroch wrote is nowhere near how anyone posts on here.
by martin_p
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:52 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: 8 days to the moon and back - bbc 2
Replies: 56
Views: 1352

Re: 8 days to the moon and back - bbc 2

Superb watch, sat gripped for the whole 90 minutes (although I already knew how it ended).

Go to advanced search