Search found 86 matches

by Archer
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:47 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Andy Carroll
Replies: 40
Views: 5690

Re: Andy Carroll

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Another month....another 0 goals. Setting the league on fire with his missed chances, todays was a sitter.


Looked deadly again
by Archer
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:34 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Grosicki?
Replies: 19
Views: 3472

Re: Grosicki?

Wondered whether folk think Grosicki would have been worth the extra million? For me football has plenty of gamblers, boozers, druggies and wife beaters. We might have a few of our own. He looks exciting every time I see him and I wish we’d taken the risk. Down near the bottom of the Championship? ...
by Archer
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:50 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Sussex by the Sea versus MIGHTY CLARETS
Replies: 283
Views: 7801

Re: Sussex by the Sea versus MIGHTY CLARETS

scouseclaret wrote:Jayrod?
Brady?
Vydra?

No. Fuckin Hendrick!!!

...
by Archer
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:40 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Drink water injury
Replies: 463
Views: 30370

Re: Drink water injury

MACCA wrote:At a guess Bardsley, as although not a full on tool like DD, has all the attributes to be a silly billy, and does like a night out.


Doubt it, think it could’ve been a bit different
by Archer
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:23 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Points from next four games?`
Replies: 36
Views: 2041

Re: Points from next four games?`

Jel wrote:Pretty sure 11 isn't mathematically possible!


Bingo
by Archer
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:09 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Poor following yesterday
Replies: 53
Views: 3765

Re: Poor following yesterday

Changed date. Middle of a bank holiday. Plus the reasons above.
by Archer
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:01 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Points from next four games?`
Replies: 36
Views: 2041

Re: Points from next four games?`

Firthy wrote:Liverpool draw
Brighton win
Norwich win
Villa draw

I genuinely believe we will get at least 8 pts from these games. Maybe even 11 pts depending which Villa team turns up on the day.


Not sure we’ll get 11
by Archer
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:48 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Cahill signs for Palace
Replies: 29
Views: 3789

Re: Cahill signs for Palace

bobinho wrote:Well you’re having the best of the argument so far. I particularly like the way you explain your point using all the facts (as you see then) at your disposal, and the eloquent way you get that across. Please feel free to continue your persuasive argument.


Seems I was right
by Archer
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:22 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: James Tarkowski v Calum Chambers
Replies: 27
Views: 2433

Re: James Tarkowski v Calum Chambers

dandeclaret wrote:Maybe because Leicester don't expect to sign players from Arsenal's first XI?


At that point hadn’t he just come off a season-long loan at a relegated club?
by Archer
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:28 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Cahill signs for Palace
Replies: 29
Views: 3789

Re: Cahill signs for Palace

I think its pretty likely that if we receive a bid of say £25m+ for him, our board will see the numbers written down, **** themselves and take it regardless of whether we have a replacement lined up or not. Not really a criticism, it's just as I see it. (Long and Gibson waiting...) Personally, if t...
by Archer
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:21 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Kalvin Phillips
Replies: 233
Views: 29377

Re: Kalvin Phillips

Tall Paul wrote:What if we've been working on a deal for a while but the story has only just broken in the media. Would it still be too late to get him?


Yes because some guy above says so. Multiple times. On multiple threads.
by Archer
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:20 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Kalvin Phillips
Replies: 233
Views: 29377

Re: Kalvin Phillips

ksrclaret wrote:See post #8


Yep, because we can now start things moving as Nixon has posted this. Absolutely nothing done prior to this point.
by Archer
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:15 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dwight McNeil
Replies: 51
Views: 4998

Re: Dwight McNeil

Just goes to show, but for injuries and him grasping his chance, he could have been playing for Cheltenham. People forget we tried Hendrick, Taylor and Barnes out wide before McNeil. He literally was the last resort, yet some will have you believe it was a masterstroke. I seem to be in the minority...
by Archer
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:58 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Malinovskyi & Maehle
Replies: 115
Views: 15046

Re: Malinovskyi & Maehle

NL Claret wrote:Jean Louis Valois?


Nope
by Archer
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:09 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)
Replies: 5242
Views: 477214

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Tricky Trevor wrote:Brady can also cover for LB, although he doesn’t fit the 6’+ criteria for our back 4.


Taylor, Ward, Bards and Lowton all under 6’
by Archer
Sun May 12, 2019 9:39 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Biggest flop of the season
Replies: 84
Views: 5632

Re: Biggest flop of the season

For a marquee signing of his fee I’d expect more both in terms of goals and what he brings elsewhere. Kane for example is superior in almost every aspect of football. Second only to Callum Wilson for big chances missed, and will be 30 in just over month. Just hasn’t justified the price tag at all i...
by Archer
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:01 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Adidas Claret And Blue Trainers Discount Code
Replies: 6
Views: 731

Re: Adidas Claret And Blue Trainers Discount Code

Bosscat wrote:Cheers m8 but I will save the other 75% too and go out for a few beers


Ohhhhhh I see what you did there, good one
by Archer
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:15 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Padiham FC Fined
Replies: 47
Views: 3313

Re: Padiham FC Fined

tim_noone wrote:Sick of hearing about racism sexism ageism and any other ism.....


Cool story
by Archer
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:55 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Barnes & Wood the new Jekyll & Hyde
Replies: 17
Views: 1878

Re: Barnes & Wood the new Jekyll & Hyde

RalphCoatesComb wrote:but, WHY does it have to be one game in five that they play so well?


I’m not sure you’ll catch as many as you hope
by Archer
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:35 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Clyne and Solanke potentially to Bournemouth
Replies: 69
Views: 4428

Re: Clyne and Solanke potentially to Bournemouth

ClaretAndJew wrote:Would be excellent for Bournemouth if these come off. Shame we don't have the type of money. Would love Clyne here.


Yup, agreed...
by Archer
Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:56 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: One footed
Replies: 11
Views: 1158

Re: One footed

It always comes up more with left-footed players too.
by Archer
Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:49 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Steven Defour
Replies: 52
Views: 3952

Re: Steven Defour

Braindead wrote: What are his stats? One goal and one assist in two seasons?


Nope. Google is your friend if you didn’t go to many games.
by Archer
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:26 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Villa asking about Gibson
Replies: 14
Views: 2346

Re: Villa asking about Gibson

it has been all over the rumours thread today - absolutely no need for a new one Seems sensible. Maybe we should make a thread called Burnley Discussion and put everything in there rather than the annoyance of separate discussions relevant to specific topics? Only if you agree, as the ruler of the ...
by Archer
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:09 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Thierry Henry suspended
Replies: 18
Views: 2158

Re: Thierry Henry suspended

Did Brian Laws just get categorised as a footballer with Thierry Henry?
by Archer
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:41 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Stoke looking for a new manager
Replies: 63
Views: 4629

Re: Stoke looking for a new manager

But they wouldn’t be 6-8th consistently.
by Archer
Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:07 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Team v Everton
Replies: 36
Views: 1635

Re: Team v Everton

Some on this board were right - Dyche was so negative; we should’ve played a much more expansive game against Spurs.
by Archer
Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:55 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Are we strong enough for a relegation dog fight?
Replies: 52
Views: 1610

Re: Are we strong enough for a relegation dog fight?

claret2018 wrote:Playing ‘well’ and having fight is all well and good if you’re getting points from games. With the last 2 games we’ve played well according to some, but have been soundly beaten in both games.

It’s not looking good. I think we’ll finish bottom by some distance.


“Soundly beaten?”
by Archer
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:58 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Danny Drinkwater
Replies: 31
Views: 2354

Re: Danny Drinkwater

Im_not_Robbie_Blake wrote:Not as good as D4, Cork, Jeff or Westie in my opinion


Hilarious
by Archer
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:17 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Danny Drinkwater
Replies: 31
Views: 2354

Re: Danny Drinkwater

Has everyone forgotten he’s from Manchester?
by Archer
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:20 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dele Alli
Replies: 36
Views: 2853

Re: Dele Alli

Longside4evr wrote: and defused the situation in humor as things should be UTC


Should be? The onus is on the player when someone throws a bottle at them?

Sure thing.
by Archer
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:26 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: 5-3-2
Replies: 20
Views: 1437

Re: 5-3-2

Doesn’t play to the fact that Brady and JBG are two of our very few match winners in the squad. Putting either at wingback reduces that impact too and a pure 3 at the back would be suicidal in almost every game for us this season. If we’re doing 5 at the back a few tweaks to this weekend’s layout is...
by Archer
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:42 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Mike Rigg taking questions on BBC Lancs at 6pm
Replies: 65
Views: 5671

Re: Mike Rigg taking questions on BBC Lancs at 6pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:4-5 years playing for Toronto, yet you're telling us he's better than what we've got?
Next you'll be telling us to sign Bradley Wright-Phillips :roll:


I think Defoe came back from Toronto
by Archer
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:42 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Yorke applies for Villa Job
Replies: 36
Views: 2972

Re: Yorke applies for Villa Job

Never thought I would agree with you Rowls, but spot on here. The guy is a famous player applying for a job - absolutely standard. OP's presumption seems to be that because he's black he will say, if the application is unsuccessful, he didn't get the job for that reason. That presumption is unwarra...
by Archer
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:42 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Team for tomorrow night
Replies: 43
Views: 3307

Re: Team for tomorrow night

I'll be surprised if Hart plays He doesn't know us yet, or our systems, and has probably played less football than Lindegaard over the past weeks. Also, if Lindegaard drops a clanger, people will just shrug their shoulders and say he's only our third / fourth choice keeper. Whereas, if Hart makes a...
by Archer
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:17 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Relegation Tips
Replies: 37
Views: 2193

Re: Reegation Tips

“Nearly”
by Archer
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:36 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Do you think players..
Replies: 38
Views: 1609

Re: Do you think players..

I love how people make up their own facts and then blindly dig in when people who are actually correct point out they’re wrong. Such a great forum.
by Archer
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:41 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Do you think players..
Replies: 38
Views: 1609

Re: Do you think players..

Tall Paul wrote:He wasn't on over £100k at City.


Yes he was
by Archer
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:31 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Swansea sponsor
Replies: 14
Views: 1612

Re: Swansea sponsor

Pimlico_Claret wrote:Just seen a pic of Swansea shirt with a tasteful looking Mod style bullseye target next to the betting sponsors name, would have much preferred that on ours.


Did they get paid the same amount?
by Archer
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:48 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Jay Rodriguez 2/5 Skybet
Replies: 58
Views: 8505

Re: Jay Rodriguez 2/5 Skybet

Rayaforspain1875 wrote:And how old is jayrod too? Must be 30 by now?


Nope

Now f uck off will you, even with this board’s block thing it still clutters everything up
by Archer
Thu May 24, 2018 8:30 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Walters
Replies: 70
Views: 5359

Re: Walters

beddie wrote:Yes but you (the club) can't "carry" someone earning a large salary just because he's good to have round the dressing room.


Except we just did... to a 7th place finish?
by Archer
Mon May 14, 2018 8:29 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: ARTICLE: Arfield confirmed as Gerrard’s first signing at Rangers
Replies: 20
Views: 1997

Re: ARTICLE: Arfield confirmed as Gerrard’s first signing at Rangers

Woodleyclaret wrote:A good Championship player who couldn't raise his game to the demands skillwise and ability wise to the Premier league.
Good luck to him in the lower league North of the Border.
The rules are a little fluid and Scottie will have to vastly improve his tackling and ball retention.


********
by Archer
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:32 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dyche's signings
Replies: 42
Views: 2984

Re: Dyche's signings

The Guardian have an interesting article on Sunderland's signings since 2009. What is notable is the number of players they've gone through in that time. Looking at the list and the marks out of 10, it's not surprising they've struggled the last few years. So it got me thinking about Dyche's signin...
by Archer
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:52 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Rovers 6 points over easter
Replies: 84
Views: 3784

Re: Rovers 6 points over easter

I guess we’ll know how you’re getting on based on how often you post on here?
by Archer
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:44 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Mighty Clarets versus Sticky Toffees
Replies: 309
Views: 7193

Re: Mighty Clarets versus Sticky Toffees

piston broke wrote:The first sub should be GKNK. Lennon said he wouldn't celebrate if he scored and he won't.
Barnes and Hendrick have both been fine. We just need that killer delivery.


Looked like he celebrated then
by Archer
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:28 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Nick Pope
Replies: 89
Views: 7937

Re: Nick Pope

box_of_frogs wrote:King of time wasting? It’s embarrassing. Absolutely no need for it and deservedly booked several times for it already. Why he feels the need to time waste when we’re 0-0 with Huddersfield I’ll never know.


You think he is the one who decides whether to waste time or not?
by Archer
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:25 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Has Sean Dyche ever had it so good?
Replies: 37
Views: 2416

Re: Has Sean Dyche ever had it so good?

Saxoman wrote:The only way you'll go further than this is with a backer willing to facilitate it financially, I.e. not your current ones.


Thanks, I hadn’t noticed it’d logged me out until I saw your post
by Archer
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:28 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Jason Shackell
Replies: 38
Views: 5732

Re: Jason Shackell

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Good player for us. Great in fact. Just a character I could never take to.

Did his job very well though. And was great value. Was gutted when he left in fact. But much like when Austin left we replaced from within.


“Great”?...
by Archer
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:52 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Has Unsworth Got It?
Replies: 61
Views: 6392

Re: Has Unsworth Got It?

Lowbankclaret wrote:Nope not struggling.

If I was a rising person in a profession that sacks people at the drop of a hat. I would not sign a contract that holds me into 12 months to them.

Looks like I am obviously wrong but his advisers need sacking. IMHO


You’re on the windup here, right?
by Archer
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:10 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Kolo Toure
Replies: 28
Views: 3760

Re: Kolo Toure

Vegas Claret wrote:still can't play until January = no point in signing them (afaik, happy to be corrected on that though)


Nope
by Archer
Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:52 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Randon fact
Replies: 65
Views: 4661

Re: Randon fact

Always best to check incorrect facts found on twitter before posting

Go to advanced search