Search found 1297 matches

by If it be your will
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:07 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New £50 note will feature a scientist
Replies: 79
Views: 2692

Re: New £50 note will feature a scientist

On scientific merit alone there would have been no contest - it would have been Dirac. I think it's a shame we had to choose someone that displays our military outlook again. Sends the wrong message. (Not that I'm all that bothered!)
by If it be your will
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:12 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

It's quite possible that the woman is a phony - but all of them - give over. Put it this way, would you be surprised if one of Jimmy Savile's victims wanted to give him a good kicking? Would you then conclude that the whole abuse scandal was a hoax? Maybe they're not all phoney's. It's difficult to...
by If it be your will
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:32 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

I mean, look at this clip for instance:

https://twitter.com/evertonfc2/status/1 ... 2862460931

You thought something was dodgy about that Panorama episode? There was. Lots of things. Over-reach.
by If it be your will
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:11 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

At the risk of being called insensitive I feel strongly that the whole saga has been over emphasised.The right wing media seem overly keen to flog the issue whilst seemingly paying scant attention to racism within the Tory party.You would be hard pressed to find a more fair minded and culturally se...
by If it be your will
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:38 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

The truth is that when the Corbyn antisemitism stuff all started to come out a few years ago I was primarily motivated by nailing Corbyn. I think his world view is a joke and the idea of him being our PM is ludicrous. His Marxism/Communism/Socialism (all bases covered by his closest team) can never...
by If it be your will
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:44 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

If it be your will, I would have to disagree with you there. My intention was absolutely not to hurt. I deny that completely, and I would never say or write anything that aimed to hurt an opponent on a personal level. People disagree with me all the time and that doesn't hurt at all, and mostly it ...
by If it be your will
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:59 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

Oh, come on Erasmus. Everything about your post was a rebuke. Its use of relentlessly measured tones does not detract from its hostility: it was intended to hurt. As such it was no less aggressive in its intent than anything I (or IT for that matter) could ever put out. You press home your point yo...
by If it be your will
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:39 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

Nope. You had your admirable moment of sincerity in your previous post, Android. Too late for a semantic argument now.
by If it be your will
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:58 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

Spijed wrote:Can I ask, are you really bothered about any anti-semitic behaviour?

Wow. Sometimes the simplest of questions can get the most revealing of answers.
by If it be your will
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:44 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

It's a good question, which we should perhaps ask ourselves from time to time whatever our politics (even if you intended it as a bit of point scoring banter!), so I will give it a full answer. The truth is that when the Corbyn antisemitism stuff all started to come out a few years ago I was primar...
by If it be your will
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:22 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

You’re closer to the action than me, so I’ve felt rather dismayed at your prognoses. Reading AAV’s review and Jon Lansmenn’s in the Guardian, it sounds as though the Panorama documentary was set out with an anti Corbyn agenda. Not giving right of reply to various people accusations were levelled at...
by If it be your will
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:17 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

Corbyn is very dangerous to the Neo liberal consensus. He’ll tax them more, and in nationalising some sectors of the economy, they will lose easy rentier profit opportunities. What is worse from their standpoint is that many people will see improvements in their standards of living, and this will w...
by If it be your will
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:17 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

Its the neo-liberal globalists that do this to both our sides, to them it all comes down to money. That is all. Anti-immigration will cost them money so they do everything they can to attack those who call for that. And left wing economic policy will cost them money so they do everything they can t...
by If it be your will
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:43 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

levraiclaret wrote:Then why did he say he does?

Ah, I'm with you now!
by If it be your will
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:22 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

Devils_Advocate wrote:I must say that I do not think clarets4me is a liar

That made me smile.

(But I disagree. I think he, too, knows full well it's all a load of nonsense. We all do. That's what makes it all so interesting.)
by If it be your will
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:16 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

levraiclaret wrote:

Does he hell! Of all the people that secretly know the whole thing is complete tosh, it's Tom Watson!
by If it be your will
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:52 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

tbh I know its almost entirely bull, and the media/right wing are just hammering this antisemitism drum as a means to beat Labour and the hard left with. I think most people know this in reality, for me though I just hammer the drum not because I believe its true, but because its nice to give the l...
by If it be your will
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:16 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...
Replies: 74
Views: 1880

Re: BBC " Panorama " report on anti-semitic Labour ...

I actually didn't watch it, but then I didn't really need to. Watching the BBC cover anything relating to Corbyn reminds of the sobbing boy in the audience when Homer Simpson is beating Hamburgler to a pulp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU
by If it be your will
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:50 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Is Attenborough right?
Replies: 101
Views: 2343

Re: Is Attenborough right?

There has to be a way of democratising this. A system of negative air miles, for example. The more and the further you fly, the more you pay (though I think we should also penalise short domestic flights). This way people who fly to Spain once.a year will pay standard fares, whereas those who fly m...
by If it be your will
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:25 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

What you mean is that you don't agree with the new angle. Labour has been hammered by the press and the polls for its previous - try to please everyone / please nobody - stance, and all the data / evidence suggests that a significant majority Labour supporters / voters, (especially the young), favo...
by If it be your will
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:24 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Labour will get obliterated by Lib Dems in most of the country if it doesn't adopt a basically pro-remain agenda. All the polling data suggests this, and the pragmatists (as opposed to the idealists) in the party recognise this. It might lose some seats in Yorkshire leave areas, and maybe one or tw...
by If it be your will
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:13 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

But why would they need to campaign for one or the other if they were in power? They could negotiate the best deal possible and explain why it is the best deal they can get. They can then hold a referendum on it and adapt a neutral stance, saying "this is what we've been able to negotiate, we ...
by If it be your will
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:38 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Seems pretty clear to me, they’re against anything but a Labour defined Brexit. So they’d support a referendum to decide on no deal or a ‘bad’ Tory Brexit and recommend remain, but if by some miracle they got into power and were allow to define Brexit they’d go to a referendum supporting their deal...
by If it be your will
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:04 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Labour are now firmly a remain party and will campaign as such in a second referendum , which they now firmly back. It’s what the major trade unions have always wanted who fund the Labour Party, no surprise really. That's not true. McCluskey, of the most influential union UNITE, strongly believes w...
by If it be your will
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:59 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Under pressure from Tom Watson and other centrists, Labour's position on Brexit has now descended into complete farce: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/09/corbyn-says-labour-would-back-remain-in-brexit-referendum Up till now I knew exactly what their policy was, and it was entirely logi...
by If it be your will
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:48 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Parental responsibility (politics warning)
Replies: 56
Views: 1285

Re: Parental responsibility (politics warning)

I happen to think the school week should be 4 days. But I think the standard work week should be 4 days, too.

We don't need any more economic growth. Productivity improvements should provide more free time from here, not a bigger economy - it's big enough already.
by If it be your will
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:37 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I haven't said I think the EU is undemocratic. The constituent parts are all democracies. What I was getting across - clumsily - is the federal nature of the EU makes is difficult to invest the parliament with more power, because that reduces the clout of the smaller countries (because they have fe...
by If it be your will
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:03 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Her speech will sit well with the many thick people we have in this country.

For anyone with at least a little bit of intelligence they will just be embarrassed.

...and anyone with any more than a little bit of intelligence won't care either way.
by If it be your will
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:40 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I think I should make the distinction that I'm not "pro EU", but "pro remain in our current circumstance". Being a group of different sized countries, democracy is harder to do on the one person one vote standard in the EU. They have to balance the equality of the member states ...
by If it be your will
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:29 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: William Hill To Close 700 Bookies
Replies: 41
Views: 1517

Re: William Hill To Close 700 Bookies

I remember, in the run up to the last election, when bookies where suggesting their staff would be made redundant if Labour won, because of Labour's policy on fixed-odds machines, and that this might make them consider their vote. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/12/jennings-racing-boss-...
by If it be your will
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:33 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

It’s the tradition for the leader of the party with the largest number of seats in the HoC to be PM. However the PM still needs to have enough support within parliament - to have the confidence of the house - for this to happen. If, for example, enough Tories vote against the next leader of their p...
by If it be your will
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:52 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: C4 Conservative leader debate
Replies: 738
Views: 15500

Re: C4 Conservative leader debate

You could do or you could take it that I feel no inclination to justify myself to you. The information is every bit as a available for you as it would be for me... and I’ve already stated my source. But if it makes you feel superior, good for you. That's no good! You can't do that! I, too, have spe...
by If it be your will
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:57 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: C4 Conservative leader debate
Replies: 738
Views: 15500

Re: C4 Conservative leader debate

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Has Boris been growing magic money trees?

No, but he is saying the last 9 years of austerity was unnecessary and politically motivated though. I think.
by If it be your will
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:45 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Anti semetism
Replies: 478
Views: 11907

Re: Anti semetism

That first point, and I ramble as well. Ok, you can be assured that point has be lodged! And yes, I do think Corbyn would be flying by now had Brexit not got in the way, but we are where we are, and Corbyn's Labour, I think, has been terminally wounded over the last 3 weeks. That said, the Tories w...
by If it be your will
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:19 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Anti semetism
Replies: 478
Views: 11907

Re: Anti semetism

Yes, when I said 'if it weren't for brexit' I meant the entire issue. The Tories have avoided issues such as housing, education, healthcare, local government funding, the fact that benefit sanctions are still in place and causing misery when they've been shown not to work, rail misery, and utility ...
by If it be your will
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:40 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Anti semetism
Replies: 478
Views: 11907

Re: Anti semetism

People have been saying Corbyn will never make it at every step of his journey. 1000/1 odds against him becoming leader. Overcoming the majority of MPs in the “chicken coup” And overcoming a twenty point polling deficit during a snap election. If it weren’t for Brexit, Labour would be well ahead by...
by If it be your will
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:47 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: 'Two thirds of Britons want faster action on climate'
Replies: 105
Views: 2229

Re: 'Two thirds of Britons want faster action on climate'

I'd say there is incredibly successful lobbying. However, beyond that the bigger issue is the short-term outlook of politics. Something like increased cycling infrastructure would cost initially. However there is a lot of research that suggests that local spending (and hence taxes) increases, healt...
by If it be your will
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:12 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Anti semetism
Replies: 478
Views: 11907

Re: Anti semetism

It was a genuine question, because I didn't know. From the looks of it, he's not an anti-Semitic person, he's just being tarred with a brush. As for perception, he's a politician....I don't really like any of them. It hardly matters anymore, he'll never be PM. Too many people believe too many thing...
by If it be your will
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:29 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Anti semetism
Replies: 478
Views: 11907

Re: Anti semetism

Are they doing something because it's reached the point where it can't be swept under the carpet anymore or because they want to do something about it? Corbyn has been a Labour MP for decades now isn't it, but has he ever raised the issue of anti-Semitism in the Labour party before? Oh, yeah. He's ...
by If it be your will
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:22 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Anti semetism
Replies: 478
Views: 11907

Re: Anti semetism

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status ... 0323211264

No, Margaret, lass! He can't! He doesn't have that power!

Nuts. Absolute fruitcakes...


(Neither does the NEC, by the way, so the BBC are wrong as well. It's actually the NCC's decision.)
by If it be your will
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:10 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Anti semetism
Replies: 478
Views: 11907

Re: Anti semetism

Chris Williamson MP has been re-admitted to the Labour Party and it's causing a major storm among Labour parliamentarians. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48790803 Derby North is a marginal seat his majority was only around 2,000,so a by-election there would be tasty. Yes I know, and they're...
by If it be your will
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:20 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: 'Two thirds of Britons want faster action on climate'
Replies: 105
Views: 2229

Re: 'Two thirds of Britons want faster action on climate'

We have the answer already. We know what we need to do and we already have the technology to implement it. All that's lacking is the political and economic will to do it. You might be right. I'm not definitely saying you aren't. But if the obstacle really is political, and not financial, then the o...
by If it be your will
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:14 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: 'Two thirds of Britons want faster action on climate'
Replies: 105
Views: 2229

Re: 'Two thirds of Britons want faster action on climate'

You're only detailing half of the tactic there though. Increasing the price of petrol would have to be tied in with other strategies. E.g. increasing public transport provision, better cycling infrastructure, decentralising jobs so commutes are shorter, incentives for carpooling, improving IT infra...
by If it be your will
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:28 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: 'Two thirds of Britons want faster action on climate'
Replies: 105
Views: 2229

Re: 'Two thirds of Britons want faster action on climate'

I like how you're pretending to give a **** about poor people shivering a little bit more but don't seem to give a **** about poor people around the world dying. And while bills would go up for consumers of fossil-fuel generated energy there's no reason why the extra money the government saves by n...
by If it be your will
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:19 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: 'Two thirds of Britons want faster action on climate'
Replies: 105
Views: 2229

Re: 'Two thirds of Britons want faster action on climate'

I struggle to imagine the UK substantially cutting greenhouse emissions whilst we're a democracy, for this reason: most of the mainstream solutions involve increasing the prices of fossil fuels, by various means. But there would need to be truly dramatic increases in prices to have a substantial eff...
by If it be your will
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:12 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

That seems an odd conclusion to reach in light of what has been clear Labour policy and their attitude to the EU. It wouldn't be either of those 2 things. It's been repeated over and again by Keir Starmer that it would be a variation on May's deal that would include some form of customs arrangement...
by If it be your will
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:01 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

That's a big assumption. Why would they? Under Corbyn, there are only two possible options - May's deal, or Remain. Probably May's deal. May's deal would be in many ways the best option for them - why would they renegotiate with anyone who says that they will sign any deal that the EU cares to offe...
by If it be your will
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:05 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I think you are as bad as the Conservatives if you think you can negotiate a Brexit with everything you want and nothing you don't to be perfectly honest. But as long as you don't have an issue with freedom of movement, then the vast majority of problems will disappear. This is the one part that co...
by If it be your will
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I meant in terms of where we are now. If Labour come in then it could be a whole different ball game (with probably a softer Brexit than the current mooted one). Will everyone stop saying Labour's would be a 'soft' Brexit!!! This term was invented by right, to appeal to pathetic macho nationalists....
by If it be your will
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:46 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 10147
Views: 149458

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

It couldn't be worse, because Lab understand the CM and the SU (at least in the short to medium term) From a corporate/free market perspective it would be worse. Corbyn would sign up to EU minimum standards on workers' rights, environmental protections, citzens' rights, consumer standards and consu...

Go to advanced search