Search found 858 matches

by Roosterbooster
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:24 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Next 3 games - changes needed but what
Replies: 60
Views: 2213

Re: Next 3 games - changes needed but what

Changes and thoughts Is Wood going to solve all the problems we showed yesterday? No. And rushing him back after an injury would be idiocy Is JRod a central striker? I don't think so Is Cork cutting the mustard? I'd prefer Hendrick in CM Would Brady give us a bit more going forward? Almost certainly...
by Roosterbooster
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:50 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Liverpool penalty
Replies: 87
Views: 7386

Re: Liverpool penalty

The argument for the Mane penalty is that he was impeded with contact in the penalty area, not that he was kicked carelessly, recklessly or with excessive force. He wasnt impeded. He just pretended he was. Hence why he didnt go down at the point of contact It's a dive Its cheating Contact doesn't e...
by Roosterbooster
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:04 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Trump to ban flavoured e cigarettes
Replies: 40
Views: 2691

Re: Trump to ban flavoured e cigarettes

ClaretAndJew wrote:So then God does exist.
Based on that answer, I doubt it. God wouldn't have created you
by Roosterbooster
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:01 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Trump to ban flavoured e cigarettes
Replies: 40
Views: 2691

Re: Trump to ban flavoured e cigarettes

ClaretAndJew wrote:Cannabis has never killed anyone in the history of human kind.
How can you possibly know for certain? Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
by Roosterbooster
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:12 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 21200
Views: 514984

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Theres a lot of what you say that I can agree with, but a lot you either dont understand or choose to ignore. If TM only said no deal is better than a bad deal in order to convince the EU we would leave with no deal if necessary, why did she just capitulate the negotiations. The EU expected a lot o...
by Roosterbooster
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:53 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 21200
Views: 514984

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Theresa May herself said No deal was better than a bad deal, and she is a remainer. If negotiations had been carried out by some who believed in Brexit we wouldnt even be having these disagreements. You claim Boris is dictating his way around democracy the majority that voted leave would say hes di...
by Roosterbooster
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:58 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Goals v Sunderland
Replies: 9
Views: 1232

Re: Goals v Sunderland

2 problems with those goals and I've been saying it for ages.
Defending too deep, and not defending corners properly. Recurring themes...
by Roosterbooster
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:42 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 21200
Views: 514984

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Can you point out just one single occurrence where anyone on either side suggested that voting leave meant leaving only on terms dictated by the EU? I know Remainers do tend towards the idea that the vote meant Leave only if the EU would agree to sign off on the terms The question was "Should the U...
by Roosterbooster
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Carabao Cup 3rd round draw
Replies: 28
Views: 2366

Re: Carabao Cup 3rd round draw

Without injuries our second XI could be:

Hart
Bardsley Long Gibson Taylor
Lennon Defour Drinkwater Brady
JayRod Vydra

Some would argue that's better than our current starting XI
by Roosterbooster
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:13 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 21200
Views: 514984

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

After the way the devout remoaners have behaved these past couple of years, I couldn't give a rats @*** about their new found love for democracy. In fact, it would just make everything a little sweeter if they used underhand tactics to deliver what we voted for Could you point out just one single o...
by Roosterbooster
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:13 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Bolton
Replies: 1302
Views: 115345

Re: Bolton on the brink of liquidation.

theroyaldyche wrote:Good
For who??
Bad for them
Bad for us
Bad for football
by Roosterbooster
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:37 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: NEVER EVER
Replies: 89
Views: 5851

Re: NEVER EVER

Wembley09 wrote:VAR makes things 100% fair
One of the stupidest things I've ever read on here

All we've had since VAR was introduced is disagreements - even among neutrals. It still relies on subjective interpretation. So how can that be 100% fair???
by Roosterbooster
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:53 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: City v Spurs
Replies: 95
Views: 6693

Re: City v Spurs

I’m not a fan of VAR. but ultimately the players know the rules and everyone voted for it. The handball rule makes sense too. Because there is no grey area. Handballs handball. Intentional or otherwise. And it’s the best rule you can have because it’s not subjective. Objectivity doesn't necessarily...
by Roosterbooster
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:39 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Arsenal predictions?
Replies: 61
Views: 4274

Re: Arsenal predictions?

South West Claret. wrote:We won't let ourselves down.
I'd be happy with this. But I just have a feeling...
Either we won't lose, or we'll get hammered.
We are surely due a result against them though. Been so unlucky a few times recently
by Roosterbooster
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:51 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Little gripes
Replies: 51
Views: 5044

Re: Little gripes

Commentators Analysts Boring songs Big screens Mobile phones Chav fans Banning flasks "Professional" fouls Keepers claiming fouls whenever they are touched Time wasting VAR The offside rule since interference was added Taking free kicks and throw ins from different places Diving Going down easily We...
by Roosterbooster
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:04 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Three defenders on the bench Sat
Replies: 48
Views: 5442

Re: Three defenders on the bench Sat

dsr wrote:You really don't like Sean Dyche, do you.
Why would you think that? I'm not necessarily blaming Dyche. He clearly didnt have Vydra as first choice target, and all I'm suggesting is that he is playing the long game with the board, but Vydra has unfortunately been caught in the crossfire
by Roosterbooster
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:15 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Three defenders on the bench Sat
Replies: 48
Views: 5442

Re: Three defenders on the bench Sat

I feel for Vydra. Clearly wants game time, and works his socks off (maybe even tries too hard) when he gets the chance. I imagine the situation started as a subtle nod from SD to the board that they should have offered more for J-Rod last season. And Vydra was the victim. He looked very, very good i...
by Roosterbooster
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:27 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: VAR ... is this the logic they will use
Replies: 71
Views: 6497

Re: VAR ... is this the logic they will use

As long as it’s used consistently it doesn’t really matter. The VAR official has taken the last frame where the ball is in contact with the attackers foot and taken a consistent view as to what the ‘shoulder’ is. He’s taken the point of the shoulder for each player which seems reasonable. Having do...
by Roosterbooster
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:20 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: VAR ... is this the logic they will use
Replies: 71
Views: 6497

Re: VAR ... is this the logic they will use

Disagree. You're either offside or not. It's like goal line technology, it's either over the line or it isn't... Well you completely missed my point. Yes, you are either offside or not. (Apart from the subjective interpretation of interference). But the technology is not good enough to show for cer...
by Roosterbooster
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:07 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: VAR ... is this the logic they will use
Replies: 71
Views: 6497

Re: VAR ... is this the logic they will use

With offsides it’s FACT. Not clear and obvious But that's just not the case. Even if a player is technically either on or off without a grey area, the tools used in VAR to decide this are created by man, and are therefore still subject to a margin of error. For example, when you pass a football, yo...
by Roosterbooster
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:28 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Your team for the saints
Replies: 52
Views: 6509

Re: Your team for the saints

Pope Lowton Tarks Mee Taylor JBG Cork Westwood McNeil Barnes Wood I'll be amazed if it isn't this, or with Lennon in. I'd like to see this at some point, but I'm not hopeful: .................Pope Lowton Mee Gibson Taylor .........Defour Drinkwater ....JBG.... McNeil .....J-Rod .................Vydra
by Roosterbooster
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:45 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Is Attenborough right?
Replies: 118
Views: 5071

Re: Is Attenborough right?

jrgbfc wrote:I agree that airfares are too cheap.
Maybe. But public transport is in general, slower, more expensive, less reliable, and less comfortable and convenient than owning and running a car. So I'd start with sorting that out. And I don't mean making cars more expensive...
by Roosterbooster
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:12 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Tour de France 2019
Replies: 226
Views: 10648

Re: Tour de France 2019

burnley007 wrote:I can see there being a few crashes in the 1st week, then we'll see who's still in with a shot.
I fancy the Yates boys to look after each other and do pretty well, hopefully!
Full British podium?? ;)
by Roosterbooster
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:58 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Tour de France 2019
Replies: 226
Views: 10648

Re: Tour de France 2019

Even without Froome, and coming back from a crash, I still expect Ineos to boss things and protect GT. They have 2 GC options, and I can't for a minute see anything other than both riders in the top 3 with a week to go unless race conditons go against them.
by Roosterbooster
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:17 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New Kit Launch
Replies: 151
Views: 9159

Re: New Kit Launch

Crewe claret wrote:If you think our fans are moaning about our kit, just go to Man city site their new home kit released and all they can say is why are we wearing Burnley's away kit
Their new away kit is nice though
by Roosterbooster
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:45 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: ARTICLE: Two forwards needed to complete the team
Replies: 49
Views: 3041

Re: ARTICLE: Two forwards needed to complete the team

I went for Ings and Vokes. Ings was just too good to leave out. And Vokes epitomises the attitude that got us to where we are. Someone who made the most of their talent, and loyally did their job, no matter what, on and off the field. If more footballers acted like Sam Vokes, Saturday afternoons wou...
by Roosterbooster
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:23 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Boris or Hunt you have to pick one
Replies: 105
Views: 10693

Re: Boris or Hunt you have to pick one

I can't believe anybody is defending Hunt's role as Health Sectetary. An absolute disaster of the highest order. Unbelievably though, BoJo would probably be an even worse PM than Hunt was Health Secretary. So my vote goes to BoJo. Because that seems to be the thing to do at the moment. Vote for chao...
by Roosterbooster
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:25 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Vydra speaks again
Replies: 50
Views: 6346

Re: Vydra speaks again

I suspect if Defour had been fit, we'd have seen much more of Vydra. Likewise, if we hadn't beaten West Ham...
by Roosterbooster
Mon May 20, 2019 5:47 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: PL rule changes
Replies: 28
Views: 3410

Re: PL rule changes

Most (not all) of these changes are idiotic. The drop ball problem can be sorted easily: just have a proper drop ball?!?!?

As for law 8, kick off, I always thought you were allowed to ask to kick off??
by Roosterbooster
Sun May 19, 2019 9:51 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Transfer Targets
Replies: 163
Views: 17589

Re: Transfer Targets

NL Claret wrote:Is it me or do we get better results when Wood is playing?

A preliminary check suggests win % over the last 2 seasons is almost identical with and without Wood playing. If anything it's slightly higher when Wood doesnt play, but I need to double check
by Roosterbooster
Sun May 19, 2019 9:42 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Transfer Targets
Replies: 163
Views: 17589

Re: Transfer Targets

Out of interest, how many hours a week do you play Footy manager, as it looks like you've become quite addicted to it? Zero As for Dyche changing from 442, or altering the strikers, he went 451 in our best season, and has over the last few seasons dropped Gray, Barnes, Wood and Vokes at various poi...
by Roosterbooster
Sun May 19, 2019 7:18 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Transfer Targets
Replies: 163
Views: 17589

Re: Transfer Targets

Could Agyei be given a chance ? Please... no. Absolutely miles away from PL quality. OP makes a decent list of players we have, but I've amended slightly GK: Heaton, Pope, Hart, Lindegaard RB: Lowton, Bardsley LB: Taylor CB: Tarkowski, Mee, Gibson, Long, Dunne CM: Cork, Westwood, Defour, Hendrick W...
by Roosterbooster
Wed May 15, 2019 7:58 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Crouch could well stay
Replies: 146
Views: 15750

Re: Crouch could well stay

I'm serious
by Roosterbooster
Wed May 15, 2019 7:57 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Chris Wood should get a trophy for this.
Replies: 52
Views: 4552

Re: Chris Wood should get a trophy for this.

a player who is prepared to follow the team instructions to play just offside behind the defender's shoulder Fat lot of good this is once VAR exists in the PL. Either be onside or dont bother... Incredibly, he is 55th in the entire PL history- over 20 years worth. And Dyche hasn't been telling him ...
by Roosterbooster
Wed May 15, 2019 7:39 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Crouch could well stay
Replies: 146
Views: 15750

Re: Crouch could well stay

Wood a huge waste of money? I'd say 10 goals in each of his Premier League seasons with us represents very good value. For comparison, here are the PL signings made for centre forwards for around the same price over the past three seasons, I think I'd take Wood over most of these (also bear in mind...
by Roosterbooster
Mon May 13, 2019 9:04 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Crouch could well stay
Replies: 146
Views: 15750

Re: Crouch could well stay

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Wood and Barnes?

I'll give you Barnes. I'll take Gray. I'm waiting on Vydra. I still think Wood was a huge waste of money and doesnt give you anywhere near £15m worth of end product. And then there's the huge list of failures.... I wont reel them off. It's been done too many times before
by Roosterbooster
Mon May 13, 2019 9:00 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Crouch could well stay
Replies: 146
Views: 15750

Re: Crouch could well stay

Darthlaw wrote:Aye, Gray was gash.

I'm not sure by naming one out of all of them proves your point...
by Roosterbooster
Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Crouch could well stay
Replies: 146
Views: 15750

Re: Crouch could well stay

All these good young players that have been suggested for the last few months look out of our reach now other clubs have got involved. Dyche knows what he's doing but he will get stick if he keeps crouch on for another year. There's an overwhelming amount of evidence to suggest that Dyche does know...
by Roosterbooster
Sun May 05, 2019 7:28 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Jimmy Glass : The Great Escape
Replies: 10
Views: 1275

Re: Jimmy Glass : The Great Escape

I wonder how much money he earned them...?
by Roosterbooster
Sun May 05, 2019 11:36 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Why Vydra doesnt start
Replies: 40
Views: 4528

Re: Why Vydra doesnt start

scouseclaret wrote:He’s decent in front of goal

His recent performances when through one on one suggest otherwise. I actually think he has a decent first touch. But still gives it away constantly. Frustrates me more than any other Burnley player I can remember
by Roosterbooster
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:43 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Burnley v Manchester City - Player Ratings
Replies: 71
Views: 9233

Re: Burnley v Manchester City - Player Ratings

One assumes incorrectly. And also misses the point.
by Roosterbooster
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:12 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Burnley v Manchester City - Player Ratings
Replies: 71
Views: 9233

Re: Burnley v Manchester City - Player Ratings

I think a few people need to re-watch Wood’s “gilt edged chance” or “touch like an elephant” to perhaps appreciate the amount of spin on the ball when he touched it....it was nowhere near as easy as people are making out... I've re watched it about 10 times now. The spinning ball isn't the reason f...
by Roosterbooster
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:25 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Proud
Replies: 27
Views: 3243

Re: Proud

Vegas Claret wrote:This second half of the season is the best I've seen from Mee, even his distribution has improved

Agree. I've been very critical of him in the past, but since Heaton has come back in, he has been superb. Best defender since Xmas
by Roosterbooster
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:56 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Burnley v Manchester City - Player Ratings
Replies: 71
Views: 9233

Re: Burnley v Manchester City - Player Ratings

Heaton 8
Mee 9
Tarks 7
Lowton 8
Taylor 7
Westwood 7
Cork 6
McNeil 7
Hendrick 7
Barnes 7
Wood 5

Is CT related to Wood? If he thinks that was a very good performance then he'd probably score Lionel Messi 1million.
by Roosterbooster
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:01 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Chelsea v Burnley - Player Ratings
Replies: 70
Views: 8165

Re: Chelsea v Burnley - Player Ratings

Heaton 7 (didnt do anything wrong, Higuain's goal was just a belter) Lowton 8 (embarrassed in first 20, amazing 2nd half) Tarks 7 (you are not Franz Beckenbauer. Stop it) Mee 8 (MoM. Bit weak in tackle for second goal, that's my only criticism) Taylor 7 (solid, earned his place now) Cork 6 (a little...
by Roosterbooster
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:45 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Man United and Liverpool in Europe
Replies: 80
Views: 3416

Re: Man United and Liverpool in Europe

Nobody who has played the game at any decent level would say that was a penalty. Lineker again calls for anytime a ball hits your arm to be a foul. Rio Ferdinand quite rightly saying that would mean defenders would have to play with their hands behind their back which would be unfair. It’s ok talki...
by Roosterbooster
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:25 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Man United and Liverpool in Europe
Replies: 80
Views: 3416

Re: Man United and Liverpool in Europe

Imploding Turtle wrote:That's a very short-sighted view. If the referee had seen it hit his arm in the first place he'd have given a penalty, because the problem is the rule, not the evidence.

I think the rule is fine. I think the interpretation is idiotic
by Roosterbooster
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:24 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Man United and Liverpool in Europe
Replies: 80
Views: 3416

Re: Man United and Liverpool in Europe

Official handball rules: A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player handles the ball deliberately. Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into consideration: • the movement of ...
by Roosterbooster
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:15 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Man United and Liverpool in Europe
Replies: 80
Views: 3416

Re: Man United and Liverpool in Europe

Imploding Turtle wrote:It's not VAR's fault, if you don't think that should be a penalty then the fault is in the handball rule, not VAR.

I haven’t read the official wording recently, but from what I remember, it’s not the rules that are wrong, but the official explanations of how to interpret the rules...
by Roosterbooster
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:13 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Man United and Liverpool in Europe
Replies: 80
Views: 3416

Re: Man United and Liverpool in Europe

Of course it was a pen. As the comms explained if you make your body wider it’s a pen. That was just what he did. His arm is well away from his side. Nonsense. His arms are in a natural position. He’s a defender. Not a sardine in a tin. Try taping your arms to your body and seeing how much manoeuvr...