Search found 689 matches

by willsclarets
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:15 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

The rhetoric around no deal supporters, particularly those coming from the Brexit Party, is almost reminiscent of the first time around. It's never about ramifications, a "clean break" is about demonising the EU. The irony of course is that "No Deal" actually means "Lots Mor...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:51 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Is there any reason why we must be members of the EU to sign this alleged deal? I don't see any reason why we couldn't leave on 31st October and sign it as a non-EU country in November. They could even agree a free trade transition period in the meantime. Because in that instance, the second we lea...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:27 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Good article on the pickle the DUP finds itself in https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... se-dilemma
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:13 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I think it would be unwise to put any issues down to "game playing" at this stage. End of the day, the deal has to be agreed between the EU and UK within two days. Even if it agreed, you have to convince everyone who has doubts in about another two days or it doesn't get past Parliament. ...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:03 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

This one is very good and very uncomfortable for the UK, from John Harris in the Guardian Hell, I used to read "Warlord" and "Battle" when I was a kid but my interest sparked by those comics led me to spend decades reading about the war and I came to a completely different concl...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:40 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: NFL
Replies: 24
Views: 628

Re: NFL

Belial wrote:Must be a while since that happened! Meanwhile my Dolphins go 0-5...tanking in full swing


At this point there's an argument to say losing to the Redskins isn't the worst thing. At least it increases the chance you get first pick in the draft :-)
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:17 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Rileybobs wrote:Wait, you’re a brexiteer?


And a HUGE Nissan Juke fan.
by willsclarets
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: NFL
Replies: 24
Views: 628

Re: NFL

CoolClaret wrote:Packers play in Green & Yellow my man.

Jets/Eagles play green and white


Haha, whoops. Well it's early days in my NFL evolution. :)
by willsclarets
Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:31 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: NFL
Replies: 24
Views: 628

Re: NFL

Good shout. Didn't Burnley also used to play in green and white in the early 1900s?
by willsclarets
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:54 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: NFL
Replies: 24
Views: 628

Re: NFL

There's a series on Amazon that follows 4 different NFL teams over the course of a season and it's quite good if you're new to the sport, gives a good insight. It's the same people who did the Man City season follow. There's also a show on Netflix about young Quarter Backs and again it gives an ins...
by willsclarets
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:36 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Southgate's stock is rising !
Replies: 39
Views: 1867

Re: Southgate's stock is rising !

We lost a qualifying game and played poorly with out of form players, that's all. We do have personnel problems at the back but I'd hardly say Mee or Tarkowski were a blindingly obvious solution. In fact I'd dismiss Mee totally given his ability on the ball. But it doesn't matter for us. Both he and...
by willsclarets
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:12 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Greenmile wrote:Ok. You realise you’re (probably) agreeing to disagree with Albert Einstein, though?

Mind, as a really intelligent person who was interested in facts and stuff, he probably didn’t have your level of common sense.


The very idea of "agreeing to disagree" with Einstein has made me chuckle.
by willsclarets
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:56 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Trade guys are all saying the same thing. This is Mays deal* Its a fudge. Don't care as long as it gets passed, but lets not pretend its not a fudge eh? *with more customs checks, not less as well As you say as long as it goes through and we're not left with no deal, I couldn't care less. You have ...
by willsclarets
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:39 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

There's literally zero point in asking him a question.
by willsclarets
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:18 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

aggi wrote:On a separate note, Im' surprised we haven't seen a larger amount of Northern Ireland bashing up until now.

Image



Daily Telegraph reporting on Brexit is unreal.
by willsclarets
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:53 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Lest we forget what all this is about: Independent international trade policy Free trade/tariff free trade deal with the EU Independent legal system Independent immigration policy Independent agricultural policy Independent fisheries policy No more net payment into the EU Free travel and movement a...
by willsclarets
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:10 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

This is why its very hard to back any Brexit. Because its driven by people who see what they want to see, rather than what actually is happening. It's the characterisation of the EU that's pedalled by nationalists in the interests of cloaking ulterior principles that gets me. Empire def: An extensi...
by willsclarets
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:20 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

First of all I do not have a high horse, but you continue to shoot one liners as though you have thought of something insightful that may helps others think, ok fair enough I never thought of that. There are so many places it falls down as an overview, first and foremost it smacks of elitism, which...
by willsclarets
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

so is this really meant to be a good analogy, I mean really? It works absolutely fine for the principle point I was making, and you know full well it wasn't an analogy for the intricacies of Brexit as a whole. All analogies are reductive, and do me a favour and point out where it falls down before ...
by willsclarets
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:07 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

To be fair, the Remain side was a lot more realistic about the EU's likelihood of being friendly and co-operative. Lancaster told us from an early stage that the EU wouldn't play ball, because to them the political aspects, especially the loss of power, would outweigh for them the economic aspects....
by willsclarets
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:51 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

It won't, because the EU doesn't want it badly enough. The EU would like a free trade deal, but only if they get paid loads of money and if the deal is bound up with all sorts of caveats and conditions. As Lancaster has frequently pointed out, they are trying to make sure that being outside the EU ...
by willsclarets
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:09 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

On a Burnley Facebook page someone even suggested the. Commonwealth would come to our aid. Reality is absent from this debate. Despite the ridiculousness of that statement, there's a common theme with most Brexiteers since all hope of something better than what we had disappeared - the answer is al...
by willsclarets
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:58 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

How can anybody want to be under the rule of people like this? He's a deranged fanatic. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-guy-verhofstadt-eu-brexiteers-traitors-deal-a9149316.html Well first of all, we are not "under the rule" of him or the EU. It's a compl...
by willsclarets
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:22 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Disagree. A remain parliament (and other people of influence) have never accepted the result. It really is that simple. Interesting that neither you nor any of the Supreme Court champions on here have answered any of my points. Maybe it has been lost in the farming & border debates or maybe not...
by willsclarets
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:33 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I don't want to offend or speak for someone else, but I think he's probably just got tired of conjecture over hard facts perhaps.
by willsclarets
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:24 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

You seem to have reached the same conclusion (the only workable answer?) that Lancs and I have arrived at. NI to stay in the CU and SM with a confirmation referendum. I really don't see how a referendum of that nature, logistically and politically, would fly. But I do think for any sort of deal to ...
by willsclarets
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:18 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

martin_p wrote:You know the polls on that twitter account aren’t real don’t you? The biog even says ‘we make up polls so you don’t have to.’


I thought that, but to be fair the original source looks more credible
by willsclarets
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:09 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Hi wills, thanks for your comments. So, way, way back even before June-2016 I have commented that the UK is "out of step" with a lot of the plans of other EU member states. We can see this in the euro - and the UK being outside the eurozone. If you are an "avid EU activity follower&q...
by willsclarets
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:59 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

If "no deal" is an option, then our negotiating position is "give us something in return or you lose €39bn cah in hand, €10bn per annum, and the right to €600bn value of free trade". If no deal is not an option, then our negotiating position is "give us something in return ...
by willsclarets
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:24 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Hi wills, good to be reminded of this EU poll. I believe it supports a view that the EU will be better off with the UK outside, as a friend and not a member. Majority of other member states seem to be more positive with this prospect. So, a question for remainers: should we revoke Art 50 and make t...
by willsclarets
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:40 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Support for the EU isnt increasing, many Europeans see it just as I do, an undemocratic body inflating it's own importance at the expense of its citizens, but just like you they live in this instilled fear of the consequences of leaving. If Brexit is a success we will just be the first to pull out....
by willsclarets
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:24 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

The irony of the current situation is that if NI had a referendum to stay in the EU's SM and CU they would probably vote to stay in (trade border in the Irish Sea). The DUP obviously wouldn't be happy but that is democracy. Massive financial investment into NI might sweeten the bitter pill. Hey, Sc...
by willsclarets
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:11 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I don't believe what SOME people have been saying about the effects of Brexit. It's all supposition. What I do know for a certainty, is that if we remain we'll be locked into the most undemocratic political system in the world. We'll be tied to a system that takes more and more power away from West...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:21 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

summitclaret wrote:Why do people fall for this type of gameplaying? It's clearly not serious and aims to get the remain side jumping up and down. Meanwhile the real exorset will come in due course.


This is just a game of win or lose to you isn't it? This isn't a game.
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:08 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

"highly impressive" - read your history books from an Irish perspective and see how impressive you think the actions of UK government have been since the 1600s
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:54 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Tumbleweed... See above answer by Jakub, and the vague feeling something wasn't right. I encounter this all the time, and then I'm lambasted simply because I challenge the legitimacy of that claim in the context of brexit. All the arguments put forward by the brexit campaign have been reduced to du...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:45 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

The steadfast belief that something wasn’t working before hence the need to ask the electorate & the hope that leaving will improve, admittedly it’s a gamble & time will be the bearer. You can always rejoin it’s not as if it’s permanent if things go s**tshaped. Night. Nope you're going to h...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:37 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

What's really interesting, is that besides the argument that we voted to leave in 2016, the actual arguments as to why we should leave have dissipated. It's almost as though the attempt to save face is more important than the future of the UK.
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:33 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Putting that aside, why are you still so confident leaving is the best thing for the UK, besides just having a positive attitude.
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:22 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Have some faith it’ll all sort itself out, progress is being made albeit slowly due to the EU in my view remaining intransigent a stance that hasn’t changed from day 1, well aware the referendum was a close call & taking advantage of the divisions hoping we decide to stay or leave with a bum de...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:12 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Jakubclaret wrote:Must be a avid remainer as a wild guess, who I strongly suspect suffered 24hr amnesia on the 23rd June 2016, just a hunch :lol:


Have you got some sort of amnesia from that date to the present day? It seems most brexiters have is all.
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:44 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

It was not rejected by leave MP's only. You are being argumentative just for the sake of it and throwing insults as you go, never a good argument to get people to listen to you, but then again your stance is more of "leavers should never post anything because they are stupid" Are you an M...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:42 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I completely agree that the Irish Border issue is the most complicated and the issue is around both sides of the argument wanting there own way, well unfortunately neither side will get it's own way. To me, and it's just me looking on, the EU have held firm and as it was in May's deal which we know...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:24 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

The EU's withdrawal agreement has been rejected by parliament THREE times. The latest Johnson proposals seem to have a majority support in parliament and offer the opportunity for a negotiated compromise deal. If the EU don't attempt to negotiate seriously and in good faith then THEY will be respon...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:53 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

That's because your mind is closed. No, it really isn't. I'm just not blinded by misguided optimism based on no evidence whatsoever, and a willingness to make the biggest political decision in our lifetime that was based on vague notions of outdated nationalism, lies and now a dogged determination ...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:46 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

It isn't though is it? Its three years of trying to fit the perfect circle of Brexit into the square of reality and they are arguably no closer to understanding that now then they were in 2016. Its delusion on an epic scale, which they only get away with because enough people in the country are equ...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:43 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Putting "positives" in inverted commas made sense. We are self governing already, the Brexit process has demonstrated that quite well while still being in the EU. The argument we leave the EU for that reason is total nonsense.
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:33 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

No idea. Probably we'll all die just like we all did the last umpteen times the French ports were on strike and the Kent motorways were turned into lorry parks. Except we didn't die, did we? The leave rhetoric now seems to be just this, "well it won't be the disaster everyone thinks it's going...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:37 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Just for a change I thought I would do some scenario planning, tyring to put myself in BJ & Co's shoes given how parliament is and the latest deal they put tot he EU last week. I believe we all know where we are so just looking at the rest of the month and putting major pieces in place, feel fr...
by willsclarets
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:05 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 18187
Views: 338904

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

So it wouldnt be as simple as just an NI referendum and all the problems disappear as it would still need considerable negotiation and agreement with the EU and the ROI to enact the result and thats assuming they vote to remain in the EU in the way you propose An agreement that would be impossible ...

Go to advanced search