Search found 75 matches

by mealdeal
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:23 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Firestick
Replies: 42
Views: 2257

Re: Firestick

I stole it from somewhere else LL,but every word is true. Every word is true :D Look, the 1950s and early 60s generation are to blame for nothing and fought both wars. They had to make do with jobs for life, affordable houses, retirement at 55, free university education, free bus passes, prescripti...
by mealdeal
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:09 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: IPTV the end?
Replies: 95
Views: 11130

Re: IPTV the end?

I can see a bunch of copyright troll lawyers chancing their arms on behalf of copyright holders. Might chisel a few quid out of people with threatening letters
by mealdeal
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:25 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: IPTV the end?
Replies: 95
Views: 11130

Re: IPTV the end?

I’m not really up on all this and don’t know what has actually been done to stop it other than some servers being seized in a raid. Everyone seems quite relaxed about it, when isn’t there the chance that law enforcement have just recovered the details of 50m copyright infringers? Like I say, I’m not...
by mealdeal
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:45 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: The Amazon rainforest
Replies: 72
Views: 4857

Re: The Amazon rainforest

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshe ... -is-wrong/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
by mealdeal
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:19 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Is this reasonable ?
Replies: 27
Views: 2224

Re: Is this reasonable ?

Fair? No. Lawful? Depends on the terms when they signed up. Surely it is difficult to suggest that purchasing a season ticket also means mandatory turning up. If its unlawful, it doesn't matter what they signed up to. An organisation cannot strip you of statutory rights just by having you sign them...
by mealdeal
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:08 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Hang the DJ
Replies: 33
Views: 2342

Re: Hang the DJ

Yep pretty much, but it was apparently Steve Wright (of course) who played a Wham track straight after. I think it’s become one of those urban legends really and was more just about how shite and vapid a lot of music was at the time. I think the rumour about it being a veiled expose of Savile start...
by mealdeal
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:15 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Hang the DJ
Replies: 33
Views: 2342

Re: Hang the DJ

Isn’t that song The Smiths nod towards the crimes of Jimmy Savile?
by mealdeal
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:32 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Nissan
Replies: 39
Views: 1901

Re: Nissan

basil6345789 wrote:Shedding 12,500 jobs worldwide. Anyone want to blame Btexit?
Clearly not caused by Btexit, but it will be interesting to see how the axe falls on the UK workforce because of it.
by mealdeal
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:49 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Man on the Moon..
Replies: 135
Views: 5007

Re: Man on the Moon..

Yes that really makes your point ,it didn’t happen ,America decides it wants to spend a few days on the moon , repeat the process 6 times then not bother for 47 years , brilliant Which part of this don’t you understand? Apollo was a programme. It was completed as planned. Why didn’t they start Apol...
by mealdeal
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:34 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Man on the Moon..
Replies: 135
Views: 5007

Re: Man on the Moon..

A fool , ok then big man The fact you must have read the entire post, ignored everything that debunked your theory and focussed on the fool bit, makes my point. Anyone who in 2019 thinks that NASA faked the moon landings is a fool. Every single piece of ‘evidence’ has been dealt with and isn’t even...
by mealdeal
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:16 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Man on the Moon..
Replies: 135
Views: 5007

Re: Man on the Moon..

So why are NASA designing new suits then ? Because they’ve acknowledged that the old ones needed improving, as much as anything because the astronauts discovered that moon dust was particularly abrasive, almost glass sharp and it damaged the outer layers. The reason stars aren’t visible in lunar ph...
by mealdeal
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:06 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Man on the Moon..
Replies: 135
Views: 5007

Re: Man on the Moon..

For starters NASA still haven’t designed a spacesuit to protect against radiation on the moon surface , surely that is sufficient evidence. In a way you are right, Apollo astronauts suffered a rate of cardiovascular disease* far higher than might be expected in individuals of their fitness levels. ...
by mealdeal
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:33 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Britains Got Talent
Replies: 49
Views: 3605

Re: Britains Got Talent

I'll never be convinced that Cowell doesn't have a major influence on who gets through and who wins. He has an enormous influence. The producers were working with a Burnley born magician who developed a mind reading dog act over an 18 month period. Right at the end of the process, just before audti...
by mealdeal
Sun May 19, 2019 9:20 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Salary Cap
Replies: 31
Views: 1913

Re: Salary Cap

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:Brilliant, you won the argument.

So there you go, no there shouldn't be a salary cap in football, here or abroad or in any other sport.
Thanks, I thought it was a pretty solid victory, although to be honest it wasn’t much of an argument to counter
by mealdeal
Sun May 19, 2019 8:59 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Salary Cap
Replies: 31
Views: 1913

Re: Salary Cap

No, starting or becoming head of a successful company requires brains, even if it doesn't include qualifications, football doesn't. What an absolutely bellended argument you’ve made. Pay is based on the scarcity of the resource on offer not on ‘brains’. Some skills require academic ability to pass ...
by mealdeal
Thu May 09, 2019 10:30 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: The beginning of the end for privatised railways?
Replies: 85
Views: 5087

Re: The beginning of the end for privatised railways?

Nonsense. These effects didn't 'just happen', they were engineered.
by mealdeal
Thu May 09, 2019 10:17 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: The beginning of the end for privatised railways?
Replies: 85
Views: 5087

Re: The beginning of the end for privatised railways?

GBR_rail_passengers_by_year_1830-2015.png Privatisation of the rail industry is not an unalloyed success story. But it is a success story. You can't post that graph and then mic drop. I can't think what happened post war, can you? Oh yeah, everyone bought a car and as a country we went on a road bu...
by mealdeal
Thu May 09, 2019 9:13 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Champion’s League Final: Who Do You Want To Prevail?
Replies: 68
Views: 2808

Re: Champion’s League Final: Who Do You Want To Prevail?

Spurs, because 'some on here' won't like that
by mealdeal
Thu May 09, 2019 7:27 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: The beginning of the end for privatised railways?
Replies: 85
Views: 5087

Re: The beginning of the end for privatised railways?

Experience of how it's been done before. You can’t seriously think the way trains are run in this country now is any better than it used to be? That is unless you never use them or you live in a small area of the south of England. If you live in the north and hold this view then you’re just weirdly...
by mealdeal
Tue May 07, 2019 1:12 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: The Death Penalty.
Replies: 290
Views: 9948

Re: The Death Penalty.

Yes, I agree if you wanted to interpret it that way, you could. I don’t want to interpret anything. His clarification will help I think, in making sure what I say next is based on fact rather than supposition. God forbid anyone rushes into a judgment BEFORE knowing ALL the facts. No interpretation ...
by mealdeal
Tue May 07, 2019 9:24 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: The Death Penalty.
Replies: 290
Views: 9948

Re: The Death Penalty.

There's no good argument for the death penalty whatsoever. Other than giving the mouth breathers some sort of revenge satisfaction. The amazing thing about this thread is some peoples willingness to compeletely set aside one entire section of the justice system. Plenty happy to just kill this bloke...
by mealdeal
Tue May 07, 2019 8:04 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: The Death Penalty.
Replies: 290
Views: 9948

Re: The Death Penalty.

Bfcboyo wrote:With or without bail?
Obviously he’d be remanded you moron, he’s been arrested for a serious offence not nicking some sweets from the corner shop.

You might think you are being clever trying to conflate the remand system with death penalty but all you are doing is serving to prove you’re an idiot
by mealdeal
Mon May 06, 2019 10:03 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: The Death Penalty.
Replies: 290
Views: 9948

Re: The Death Penalty.

We’ll put him on trial first lads eh?
by mealdeal
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:59 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Under 9’s School Football
Replies: 59
Views: 1909

Re: Under 9’s School Football

I've been helping coach a team for the last three years, currently U10 and have recently taken on a team of U7 on my own. To be honest, I'm already on the verge of packing in. Parents just aren't interested, I can't get a response to availability requests, everyone sees the messages and 75% ignore t...
by mealdeal
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:37 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Drugs dont hurt
Replies: 112
Views: 4654

Re: Drugs dont hurt

You can go out and have a couple of pints or a great wine to actually enjoy the taste, as much as you can drink to get wasted. I can’t think of another drug that falls into that category. Alcohol works on a different level to other ‘drugs’ in that there are two benefits, taste and effect. They can b...
by mealdeal
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:32 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Laughable valuation on Nick Pope amid claims we are ready to sell
Replies: 44
Views: 2983

Re: Laughable valuation on Nick Pope amid claims we are ready to sell

MT03ALG wrote:Nick Pope's parents don't think he will be at Burnley next season.
Indeed they don’t.
by mealdeal
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:02 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Manny Rd Spoons up for sale
Replies: 43
Views: 2996

Re: Manny Rd Spoons up for sale

Being sold due to no one being able to decide whether its 'walking distance' from the town centre.
by mealdeal
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:58 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Best premier league performance of all time
Replies: 34
Views: 2052

Re: Best premier league performance of all time

Great performace by City yesterday, but nowhere near the best ever in the PL based purely on the fact that Chelsea were completely demotivated and couldn't be arsed. If they'd demolished a proper team in that manner then fair enough, but Chelsea are sulking big time.
by mealdeal
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:39 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Parking fees time for a huge petition?
Replies: 39
Views: 1968

Re: Parking fees time for a huge petition?

The question is whether its proportionate to charge someone £60 for over staying by 20 minutes. Of course it isn't. As Garnerssoap says, the state is ripping you off and if you tolerate this, your children will be next.
by mealdeal
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:13 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Why can't we get 3pm kick off's legally shown in the UK?
Replies: 38
Views: 2276

Re: Why can't we get 3pm kick off's legally shown in the UK?

That's kind of a problem because i like facts, and i don't like accepting faulty premises. If you expect me to treat your question with the respect you think it deserves then i expect you to treat it with at least enough respect to have the question be based on a factual premise. OK. So you can't, ...
by mealdeal
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:52 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: ARTICLE: JBG ready but Defour and Brady remain doubtful
Replies: 40
Views: 2721

Re: ARTICLE: JBG ready but Defour and Brady remain doubtful

Whats actually wrong with Defour this time?
by mealdeal
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:21 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Mike Rigg taking questions on BBC Lancs at 6pm
Replies: 65
Views: 5812

Re: Mike Rigg taking questions on BBC Lancs at 6pm

With modern fitness methods why do some think 31 years of age is too old? Lewis Hamilton is 33 having just won his latest F1 drivers championship Roger Federer was 36 when he last won Wimbledon Chris Hoy was 36 when he won gold in London 2012 Steve Redgrave was 38 when he won his last gold medal. I...
by mealdeal
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:12 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Anger over no disabled toilets in the main stand at Turf Moor
Replies: 48
Views: 2686

Re: Anger over no disabled toilets in the main stand at Turf Moor

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Terrible response from the club.
The lack of facilities is poor and being addressed but I fail to see why the response to this incident is terrible. He was according to the article offered two solutions to his immediate problem and rejected them both, what is the club supposed to do?
by mealdeal
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:16 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Vacuum flasks
Replies: 9
Views: 1068

Re: Vacuum flasks

To the letter of the rules they are probably not allowed, but you don't have to be a Colombian drug smuggler to get one into the ground.
by mealdeal
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:57 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: german christmas markets manchester
Replies: 35
Views: 2568

Re: german christmas markets manchester

And the OP received the advice requested in the first 2 replies, if the subsequent replies/opinions are of no interest they can always be disregarded.. It’s hardly news to anyone that a more authentic German market experience might be obtained by visiting Germany. Worthless padding by people who ca...
by mealdeal
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:39 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: german christmas markets manchester
Replies: 35
Views: 2568

Re: german christmas markets manchester

Jesus wept, read the OP. The bloke wants advice on travelling to Manchester markets not a Roughguide to Christmas shopping around the world or an opinion piece on why he shouldn’t be doing it.
by mealdeal
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:38 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Haslingden Bypass - mobile speed van on bridge
Replies: 86
Views: 6569

Re: Haslingden Bypass - mobile speed van on bridge

fixed that for you ;) The reason that the other main factors you listed are not punished is because they are subjective whereas speed can be easily measured hence why there is so much focus on it. Point taken but clearly the reason speed is cracked down on is because regardless of the accident caus...
by mealdeal
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:05 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: ** Speed camera alert **
Replies: 71
Views: 5599

Re: ** Speed camera alert **

I don't buy into this excuse that you have to drive with one eye on the speedo and one eye on the road at all. If you've been driving for any length of time, you have a fairly accurate perception of your own speed without even looking at the dial.
by mealdeal
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:55 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Wood, Brady and Defour not in squad
Replies: 51
Views: 3899

Re: Wood, Brady and Defour not in squad

I love Defour, but he’s a waste of space. He will be fit for a few games and pick up a knock. If he plays 20 games in all competitions this season, I’ll be amazed.
by mealdeal
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:20 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Where am I?
Replies: 70
Views: 2833

Re: Where am I?

A couple of yards in front of Ronaldo?
by mealdeal
Wed May 16, 2018 7:52 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Turf Moor Supporter Facilities
Replies: 92
Views: 5658

Re: Turf Moor Supporter Facilities

Got to agree with the OP, the facilities are pretty poor and haven’t improved in years. There seems to be a sense of ‘they are used to it’ when the supporters are the ones who pay for the privilege of attending games. This against the background of the club making a song and dance about showing the ...
by mealdeal
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:53 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Crystal Palace's £100m stadium redevelopment to go ahead
Replies: 34
Views: 2551

Re: Crystal Palace's £100m stadium redevelopment to go ahead

Sidney1st wrote:Possibly some of the houses opposite TM, maybe help with improving Transport links, car parks etc.

Costs would no doubt spiral.
Remind me what we’d be doing with houses opposite the BL stand again?
by mealdeal
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:36 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Maplins & Toys R Us both enter administration
Replies: 42
Views: 1735

Re: Maplins & Toys R Us both enter administration

ZizkovClaret wrote:
Feel free to find your own examples, and thanks for your concern, but i don't have any intention of needing UK based employment anytime soon.
Is there any particular reason for that? Are you currently living elsewhere?
by mealdeal
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:27 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Pubs in Prague showing the Everton game
Replies: 18
Views: 1088

Re: Pubs in Prague showing the Everton game

ZizkovClaret wrote:If you go in the Dubliner you may as well just stay in the UK and go to an O'Neill's.

Trust a resident ;)
Sake, why have you never mentioned you lived in Prague, it might have been handy knowing that?
by mealdeal
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:06 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: New Combi Boiler Reqd,
Replies: 54
Views: 2482

Re: New Combi Boiler Reqd,

The only issue with buying your own boiler and then getting an engineer to fit it, is that it muddies the water when it comes to under guarantee problems. Whose fault is it, if something isn't right 8 months down the line? If the plumber sources and fits the boiler then the onus is on them to correc...
by mealdeal
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:45 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Quick getaway from Turf Moor?
Replies: 40
Views: 2743

Re: Quick getaway from Turf Moor?

UpTheBeehole wrote:Access to view 1 of the 4 houses for sale along that road.

That's not illegal.
A liar as well as a bell.
by mealdeal
Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:30 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Quick getaway from Turf Moor?
Replies: 40
Views: 2743

Re: Quick getaway from Turf Moor?

UpTheBeehole wrote:Access to Glen View Road
I hope you don’t drive a vehicle if you can’t understand a simple instruction like what ‘access only’ means. TC.
by mealdeal
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:07 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Quick getaway from Turf Moor?
Replies: 40
Views: 2743

Re: Quick getaway from Turf Moor?

martin_p wrote:I drive down it (and up on the way back) every Home match. It’s the quickest route from Woodgrove Road, where I park, back to the motorway.
Good for you. It’s access only.