Search found 3504 matches

by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:37 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Hamburg v Hanover
Replies: 46
Views: 2180

Re: Hamburg v Hanover

Maybe people just disagree with him. Why are you so hurt and upset by the people who don’t agree with him? Stop being so easily offended. Of course people disagree with me Riley - that's the whole point - it's fine to disagree. I wholly support those who disagree with me. It is their right to do so...
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:27 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Hamburg v Hanover
Replies: 46
Views: 2180

Re: Hamburg v Hanover

claret2018 wrote:I'm trying to imagine the shade of gammon houseboy has gone after that last post.

Sorry = don't catch your drift bud.
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:21 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Hamburg v Hanover
Replies: 46
Views: 2180

Re: Hamburg v Hanover

So you’re allowed to say things without being challenged but people with opposing views aren’t? You keep fighting the fight brother. You said that the modern fan who wants safety and comfort should ‘f*ck off to the theatre’. Do you realise how that makes you look? You talk the talk with your utter ...
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:00 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Another tier on the Bob Lord ?
Replies: 86
Views: 5871

Re: Another tier on the Bob Lord ?

Corky wrote:Quite right, they should never have terraced and put a roof on the Longside, should they?

Putting a roof on and terracing it was the right thing to do - knocking it down and building a stand was the big mistake.
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:56 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Another tier on the Bob Lord ?
Replies: 86
Views: 5871

Re: Another tier on the Bob Lord ?

Its safe to say SD loves our club. Hes always thinking of the future and how things can improve. Absolutely love the man I doubt any manager has the power (for want of a better word) than Dyche. He reminds me in a way of Fergie. He doesn't just manage the team he has dreams about moving us forward ...
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:48 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Hamburg v Hanover
Replies: 46
Views: 2180

Re: Hamburg v Hanover

You see what youve done? Some people are very easily hurt and upset and one or two are on here. Maybe they could wear Bose headphones at matches. It's bloody brilliant mate - knock the PC world (no pun intended) and watch everyone bite. In their overwhelming urge to make the world a 'nicer' place t...
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:16 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Have Burnley fans ever greeted a new signing?
Replies: 25
Views: 1636

Re: Have Burnley fans ever greeted a new signing?

I'd hazard a guess but I think the main reason we don't do it is because we never sign anyone of note. Even Wright and Gazza were done quickly and in the usual secretive way so there wasn't any time to organise a welcome. I've been supporting Burnley since the 60s and I am struggling to think of any...
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:05 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Hamburg v Hanover
Replies: 46
Views: 2180

Re: Hamburg v Hanover

Swearing at football matches (an in society as a whole) is a new thing. Ask your grandparents or great-grandparents. When my mother started going (1947) there were very few ladies on the terracing, but still no swearing. It's only more recently a certain type of people have felt the urge to show ho...
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:55 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Hamburg v Hanover
Replies: 46
Views: 2180

Re: Hamburg v Hanover

The matchday experience has improved, immeasurably, because it's less like this. Of course it has mate, that's why people are on here are moaning about no atmosphere isn't it? Let's all clap politely, don't insult the referee as that would never do would it, and don't swear because it causes injury...
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:52 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Hamburg v Hanover
Replies: 46
Views: 2180

Re: Hamburg v Hanover

Dyched wrote:What a tit

I'm not offended by your purile response bud. I obviously caused you some though. Why would you feel the need to insult because someone holds a different view from you? Oh I forgot, that's what the politically correct do isn't it?
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:49 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Hamburg v Hanover
Replies: 46
Views: 2180

Re: Hamburg v Hanover

Yeah screw those idiots who want to go to watch the football with their families in a safe and comfortable environment. We should go back to the good ol’ days when 4000 real blokes could stand in the rain and shout abuse at whoever they saw fit. Everyone else can just f-off to the theater. Many a t...
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:52 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Hamburg v Hanover
Replies: 46
Views: 2180

Re: Hamburg v Hanover

The sitting only stadiums are what started all of this, in my opinion. Whereas before people with season tickets could move about somewhat, and stand with people singing or not as they were minded to; as soon as you were allotted your seat that choice was taken away. You might find yourselves sat w...
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:30 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Defour may leave before European deadline
Replies: 208
Views: 6725

Re: Defour may leave before European deadline

You’d have to be of a certain age to have seen better, so far!! I think age is the key here. Defour is a brilliant player but unfortunately he hasn't been fit enough (player or PL demands, who knows?). But I am old enough to say he isn't the best player I've ever seen here (but he is up there to be...
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: A reality check
Replies: 26
Views: 1766

Re: A reality check

4 points from 4 games. Looking at the fixtures before we kicked off the season that was what I predicted and said I would be happy with. So from someone who is used to targets we can say up to now we are doing fine (the less said about Sunderland the better). We now have 3 'winnable' games ahead of ...
by houseboy
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:32 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Wolves
Replies: 65
Views: 2825

Re: Wolves

We are from an era of football which was totally different from the modern era. I regualrly speak to John Angus and he talks of the days when he worked at Hapton Colliery abd would often knock off at lunchtime on a Tuesday because he was playing for the Clarets that night. He also relates the fact ...
by houseboy
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:44 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Wolves
Replies: 65
Views: 2825

Re: Wolves

Do not despair, it isn't good for you. I have seen us play in what, for me, will always be the proper European competition, unfortunately, nothing can compare with that because it truly meant that the winners were the Champions of Europe. The competitions now are just a vehicle for UEFA to make mon...
by houseboy
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:29 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Liverpool predictions?
Replies: 58
Views: 1761

Re: Liverpool predictions?

I think we will lose but I don't think we'll get pasted. But as Liverpool's game is about scoring rather than defending I do believe we will score. I'm going for 1-2 with one eye on a freaky draw. If we win there will be a lot of happy bunnies on here after the game. The main hope is that we CAN per...
by houseboy
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:18 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Farting
Replies: 90
Views: 3067

Re: Farting

My uncle Ignatious, a would-be man of the cloth and general all- round solid chap, eventually became the Queens personal excuse-me. He would be paid to follow her at quite close quarters and whenever she let on rip he would hold up his hand, smile sheepishly, and say 'sorry'. He eventually got fired...
by houseboy
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:11 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Farting
Replies: 90
Views: 3067

Re: Farting

ZizkovClaret wrote:Hey, if you are nearly 70 and can still trust your farts, you arent doing too bad fella

Just this - honestly - this is a proper real life observation. :lol:
by houseboy
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:10 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Farting
Replies: 90
Views: 3067

Re: Farting

FactualFrank wrote:The average speed of a fart coming out of your backside is 7 mph.

How do you actually know this? Have you looked it up? What kind of man are you to seek this information out? :lol: :lol: :lol:
by houseboy
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:24 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Homophobic chants halt Ligue 1 game between Nice and Marseille
Replies: 34
Views: 1165

Re: Homophobic chants halt Ligue 1 game between Nice and Marseille

The ‘Homo’ from Homosexual is not taken from the Latin for ‘Man’, it’s taken from the Greek ‘Homo’ meaning ‘the same’. Homogenised has the same derivation. This is contrasted from the Greek ‘Hetero’ which means ‘different’; this is where we get the term ‘Heterosexual’. The term Homophobic is a port...
by houseboy
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:07 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Homophobic chants halt Ligue 1 game between Nice and Marseille
Replies: 34
Views: 1165

Re: Homophobic chants halt Ligue 1 game between Nice and Marseille

Devils_Advocate wrote:Its quite natural for people in all areas of life to hate something because they are scared of it so I think there is some thought behind the terminology.

Correct.
by houseboy
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:23 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Homophobic chants halt Ligue 1 game between Nice and Marseille
Replies: 34
Views: 1165

Re: Homophobic chants halt Ligue 1 game between Nice and Marseille

Homo = prefix referring to man (as in homonids).
Phobic = having a morbid fear of.
So a word that actually means 'a fear of man' is now used to describe 'a hatred of gay men'. I find it weird how words have become 'fashionable' without any thought given as to what they actually mean.
by houseboy
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:16 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Wolves
Replies: 65
Views: 2825

Re: Wolves

A missed opportunity which could have seen us playing at Wigan this weekend --who knows? Or might just have raised our profile enough to attract bigger players and raised awareness of the club globally (or at least Europe wide). Are we to assume if we have a good season that Dyche will tell the pla...
by houseboy
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:09 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Why do people do the following?
Replies: 32
Views: 2360

Re: Why do people do the following?

You forgot my favourite - The Cheating Gooners.
by houseboy
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:39 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dyche or the players
Replies: 42
Views: 2276

Re: Dyche or the players

So you would make all those changes in a game we had every chance of winning and moving forward to save players for a game we are extremely unlikely to win? Where exactly is the logic in that (other than yet again putting the PL first, even in a game we will probably lose - given Liverpool's curren...
by houseboy
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:14 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dyche or the players
Replies: 42
Views: 2276

Re: Dyche or the players

They made 8 changes, yet somehow managed to embarrass a team two leagues above them. The 10 changes are irrelevant - it can’t be bad for us, yet good for them at the same time I take your point. I wouldn't be too unhappy if he made 3 or 4 changes as I can understand for instance the need to prevent...
by houseboy
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:16 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dyche or the players
Replies: 42
Views: 2276

Re: Dyche or the players

I love Burnley , but was more than happy to avoid this sorry excuse for a football competition. I have endured many seasons of ***,t but to see us in the highest division is quite a reward for me. I think your criticism is both harsh and misplaced. No it isn’t bud. People pay good money to see game...
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:45 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Ex-EFL
Replies: 31
Views: 1741

Re: Ex-EFL

Consider yourself let off House Boy :D I'd guess in Bury the order goes something like this. Man U Man C Bolton Bury Burnley I think it’s a similar story in Rochdale too. I remember years ago I think there were more Burnley fans there than Rochdale fans. As far as remote support goes I have always ...
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:34 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dyche or the players
Replies: 42
Views: 2276

Re: Dyche or the players

Listen, Dyche is the man for the job, he has worked wonders at our club and long may he remain but...someone, somewhere needs to tell him to man up for cup games. His record is atrocious, his attitude to them stinks. League cup, FA cup and last season Europe, he just isn’t interested in going for so...
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:55 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: ARTICLE: Mansfield turn to Stone
Replies: 6
Views: 1267

Re: ARTICLE: Mansfield turn to Stone

When I read the headline I thought Mansfield had suddenly been the victim of dastardly sorcery.
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:52 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Ex-EFL
Replies: 31
Views: 1741

Re: Ex-EFL

I've lived in Bury all my life and supported Burnley since my dad took me in 1977. I feel absolutely no guilt whatsoever. Yeah well that's okay bud because you're a Claret. I was getting at the 'Manchester' fans. Who shouted hypocrite? I just think we should welcome our fans from far off places tha...
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:41 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Ex-EFL
Replies: 31
Views: 1741

Re: Ex-EFL

The only thing I find odd is that it has been pointed out that Bury (the town) is today in mourning. Whilst I can understand this I wonder how many of those in Bury who are upset about it ever actually went to support them? Bury has a population just shy of 183k (well over twice the size of Burnley)...
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:15 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Dean Saunders jailed for ten weeks
Replies: 50
Views: 3296

Re: Dean Saunders jailed for ten weeks

The comments from the judge is exactly why the Judicial system in this country is pathetic. Because he is in the public eye means he should expect a "deterrent sentence"? What about the burglars, thieves and idiots who are constantly before the bench, but who receive no such custodial sen...
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:47 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Help find this man..
Replies: 28
Views: 2919

Re: Help find this man..

Fair point. Even so. Whatever the reason absolutely crazy. And the second similar incident this year in the area. It seems to me that the rise in crime appears to be going hand in hand with this governments cray cuts. I was asking this morning how often you see a policeman these days. I see lot's o...
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:43 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Help find this man..
Replies: 28
Views: 2919

Re: Help find this man..

Quickenthetempo wrote:I think that Wheelie bin was found right next to the body.

Ah, maybe I'm wrong. I did say to my wife though that if it is him then he must have been brave or stupid to have walked along a very busy road pushing a wheely bin with a body in it. Not exactly inconspicuous was he?
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:49 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Ex-EFL
Replies: 31
Views: 1741

Re: Ex-EFL

i was reading a piece this morning about the Bury situation - it was pointing out the resounding silence that has come from PL clubs with regard to Bury's demise. At the time of reading there hadn't been one PL club comment about it (unfortunately including Burnley). Could this be in any way down to...
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:33 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Ex-EFL
Replies: 31
Views: 1741

Re: Ex-EFL

You missed out the most famous Phoenix club TT. Accy Stanley, closely followed by Wimbledon. I was about to post the same thing - why was everyone missing the obvious - Accrington Stanley, the club that wouldn't die (as proudly displayed on a large notice at the main stand gate). Just hope it doesn...
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:50 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Bury : No Wages
Replies: 704
Views: 41978

Re: Bury : No Wages

ClaretTony wrote:The Peel Park pitch is still used. Think it might be for schools.

The old pitch is indeed part of Peel Park school mate - two of my grand kids go there.
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:48 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Help find this man..
Replies: 28
Views: 2919

Re: Help find this man..

What a crazy and sad story whatever the outcome. Can only imagine he must have serious issues whoever did this. Diagnosed or otherwise. No logical reason why anyone would do such a thing with no motive. Sad, sad story. However wrong it is there doesn't seem to be any evidence as yet that it was 'mo...
by houseboy
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:47 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Help find this man..
Replies: 28
Views: 2919

Re: Help find this man..

Dyched wrote:******* scumbag.

He's not guilty of anything yet - he was pulling a wheely bin in the area - nothing more.
by houseboy
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:00 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: The game has gone mad
Replies: 50
Views: 4238

Re: The game has gone mad

As a 72 year old lover of football who has watched, played and refereed in 10 different countries ----do you think I was being serious? I was just repeating what I am told time and time again by the modern football fan who can see no further than the over-hyped football which is promoted today. Thi...
by houseboy
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:06 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: The game has gone mad
Replies: 50
Views: 4238

Re: The game has gone mad

It is what the modern fan wants so just live with it because it is only going to get worse. You have to remember that modern football is far better than the dross served up by Finney, Matthews, Pele, Puskas, George Best, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, McIlroy to name just a few. You actually think that? The ...
by houseboy
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:46 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: The Amazon rainforest
Replies: 72
Views: 2342

Re: The Amazon rainforest

Money will always come first until it's too late - then it will be worthless. But if we offered foreign aid to them to stop earning a living would you be happy with that? It's a difficult situation but it's not all about greed but necessity. A very simplistic example is: you live on an island where...
by houseboy
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:51 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Poor following yesterday
Replies: 53
Views: 3623

Re: Poor following yesterday

I expect the following reasons would lead to a reduced following; -school summer holidays -bank holiday weekend -Sunday afternoon kick off -fixture date and time not confirmed until a couple of weeks before the game -consecutive away games Not really a head-scratcher. Spot on. Many people seem to f...
by houseboy
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:31 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Crouch and Shearer
Replies: 51
Views: 3800

Re: Crouch and Shearer

If you look at his Left leg he is already down, because he reached to fool the ref by putting his Right leg across and then acting like it had been chopped off. To some one who hasn't played the game a Pen, for those that have he bought a pen by bluffing the ref. It highlighted this on MOTD (or Cro...
by houseboy
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:12 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Crouch and Shearer
Replies: 51
Views: 3800

Re: Crouch and Shearer

They didn't say that it shouldn't have been a penalty. Actually Crouch DID say that the guy conned Pieters (or words to that effect) and said he was looking for it. He basically said he was cheating but not in so many words. Crouch and Sheera were immensely complimentary to us and it was quite refr...
by houseboy
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Ash for England?
Replies: 39
Views: 2906

Re: Ash for England?

Don't think he will play for England while with us and I don't want him to. Don't want him in the shop window. He's our golden goose that keeps giving (I never thought I'd say that at one time) and I don't want anything to spoil what we've got going on just now.
by houseboy
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: soft penalties spoiling the game
Replies: 15
Views: 1050

Re: soft penalties spoiling the game

Rammy has it. The phrase I hate is, "There was clearly contact!" So what? That doesn't make it a foul. Agree with this exactly. Contact doesn't matter - the question is was it a foul - to the best of my knowledge football is a contact sport and touching a player, anywhere on the pitch, ha...
by houseboy
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:29 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: The Amazon rainforest
Replies: 72
Views: 2342

Re: The Amazon rainforest

Feel terrible about the Amazon situation - they are the lungs of our planet and if that goes so do we (pretty much). However the West has been destroying the environment for hundreds of years and now they want to stop the situation. The problem is the West has made it's money and built on it with ot...

Go to advanced search