Search found 5658 matches

by dsr
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: ARTICLE: Chelsea boss gets small fine
Replies: 14
Views: 1013

Re: ARTICLE: Chelsea boss gets small fine

The point about the "**** Italian" is that you aren't allowed to use foul language and racial identifiers in the same phrase. If they had called him a "**** manager", no problem. A "useless Italian", no problem. A "**** Italian", if proved, £20k fine and five ...
by dsr
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:43 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Proportional representation..
Replies: 99
Views: 1922

Re: Proportional representation..

Imploding Turtle wrote:Yeah, i should probably be less of a **** to you.

If you think it's only me that doesn't like you, think again.
by dsr
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:13 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Proportional representation..
Replies: 99
Views: 1922

Re: Proportional representation..

Yes, the SNP have an outsized number of MPs because of FPTP and that's an example of one reason to get rid of FPTP. And another reason is that that outsized number of MPs is an irrelevant voice because of FPTP. Those two are not mutually exclusive. You won't understand that, because you don't want ...
by dsr
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:20 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Proportional representation..
Replies: 99
Views: 1922

Re: Proportional representation..

FPTP is why the SNP's voice is irrelevant. The SNP got 3.0% of the vote at the last general election, but 5.4% of the seats. In Scotland, they got 36.9% of the vote but 59.3% of the seats. They do very well out of FPTP. If their voice is irrelevant, it's because they are a minority party in a small...
by dsr
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:07 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 8009
Views: 89331

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

TheFamilyCat wrote:I can imagine the celebrations in Brexit Party HQ when they saw this. He party poppers will have been going off as they triumphantly shouted “WE’VE GOT A BLACK! WE’VE GOT A BLACK!”

Is this an attempt to prove that you can be anti-Brexit but still be bigoted?
by dsr
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:56 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Football's Magic Money Tree
Replies: 940
Views: 35997

Re: Football's Magic Money Tree

Ah! didn't see that info,Scotland might take an interest as they're in the same Euro qualifying group as the Belgians,any punishment could help the sweaty socks. Unfortunately they're also in a group with Russia, Cyprus, Kazakhstan, and San Marino. So they're going to need a few more fraud investig...
by dsr
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:48 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Wage Bill is 59M
Replies: 68
Views: 3836

Re: Wage Bill is 59M

The financial accounts to Jun'17 included a total Wage bill of £61.2m, there's no indication at all within those accounts or the notes to suggest the amount of bonuses paid for avoiding relegation. The £12m bonus to which you refer I suspect is the previous year when the figure was itemised in the ...
by dsr
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:20 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Wage Bill is 59M
Replies: 68
Views: 3836

Re: Wage Bill is 59M

The bonus in 2016-17, just for stopping up, was £12m wasn't it? I would have thought that much was paid again. Which leaves about £10m extra for the extra 10 places.
by dsr
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:29 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 8009
Views: 89331

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Spijed wrote:If the working class have been ignored how come the vast majority of working class voters in Scotland - nearly 70%, voted to stay?

Maybe because the "working class" aren't a solid homogenous lump but have their own opinions like everybody else?
by dsr
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:27 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Hotel for my elderly dad to go away to scotland/scarborough etc
Replies: 4
Views: 305

Re: Hotel for my elderly dad to go away to scotland/scarborough etc

I like Strathmore hotels. They've one in Grange over Sands, over if he's not driving (or being driven) they have hotels in Oban and Fort William which are more or less next door to the railway station. May breaks £165 for 3 nights, £195 for 4 nights, dinner bed and breakfast, sometimes available wit...
by dsr
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:19 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Amazing BFC stat about our form
Replies: 24
Views: 1956

Re: Amazing BFC stat about our form

Lowton? Even with the first goal, I wouldn't put it down to Lowton's fault. What are you supposed to do when you're single marking Hazard? He did pretty well to delay the cross as long as he did! I remember it the other way round, when we had Glen Little who was far too good for opposing full backs...
by dsr
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:15 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Proportional representation..
Replies: 99
Views: 1922

Re: Proportional representation..

Cryssys wrote:Not quite sure how you could combine the two ...

The usual way is to have a FPTP election by constituency but also to have a party list, so that underrepresented parties can "top up" their representation by nominating some of their people who couldn't get elected (or didn't try).
by dsr
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:23 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Southampton
Replies: 26
Views: 2472

Re: Southampton

BBC are saying 7 seconds but are also saying that opta are claiming it’s 6 seconds. Can anyone use a stopwatch correctly these days? 5A4E7DA8-936B-4602-B064-44A099A2BA8C.png Since Long had covered an as-the-crow-flies distance of 45m, he would need to be faster than Usain Bolt to do it in 6 seconds...
by dsr
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:31 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 8009
Views: 89331

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Instead of posting bilge, either admit you were wrong or else say nothing. Yes, I agree that on a thread about nationalising the railways, I mentioned British Rail. But only a fool would think that shows obsession with British Rail - to the more rational among us, it's pretty obvious that British Ra...
by dsr
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:35 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 8009
Views: 89331

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Imploding Turtle wrote:And yet every time the discussion of nationalisation of anything comes up, i always seem to see you bringing up British Rail. Why is that?

Because you have a vivid imagination but a poor memory.
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:43 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Accrington Stanley
Replies: 11
Views: 1844

Re: Accrington Stanley

I'm glad they're stopping up - assuming they do, of course. I like a weekend in Blackpool when the illuminations are on, and if (like this year) it can be made to coincide with Fleetwood v Accy or Blackpool v Accy, so much the better.
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:41 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Jack Butland ... £30m ?
Replies: 18
Views: 1768

Re: Jack Butland ... £30m ?

randomclaret2 wrote:Is there such a thing as an 'Upward Spiral ' ?

I believe many spiral staircases go up as well as down ... ;)
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:40 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Jack Butland ... £30m ?
Replies: 18
Views: 1768

Re: Jack Butland ... £30m ?

FactualFrank wrote:We need to keep hold of Pope. We're knackered if Heaton got injured next season and Hart had to step in. Sell Hart ...

For £35m. :twisted:
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:37 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Accrington Stanley
Replies: 11
Views: 1844

Re: Accrington Stanley

Am I correct that wherever Stanley finish this season it will be the highest they've ever finished in the football pyramid? Or, is there some way of splitting Third division North and 3 div South that would be closer to the pinnacle? It depends whether you count this Accy Stanley as a successor clu...
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:31 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: St George’s day
Replies: 42
Views: 1353

Re: St George’s day

I would have thought that the four new proposed bank holidays, to spread them out through the year, ought to be:

18th June
8th August
15th September
21st October

And if the Scots get independence, we could add 16th April as a bonus.
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:10 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 8009
Views: 89331

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

So because nationalised companies performed badly 40 years ago they will always perform badly? Whoever is in charge the British government are incapable of running a business. If you have so little confidence in the government compared to what countries such as France and Germany can do I do wonder...
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:05 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Proportional representation..
Replies: 99
Views: 1922

Re: Proportional representation..

I’d like to know what Farage’s far right views are... Brexit, obviously. To some people, the idea of wanting to leave an established political union of many nations in order to go independent, is de facto far right. If you don't believe me, just look at the SNP. :twisted: But I think the two partie...
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:01 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Todays football
Replies: 190
Views: 5701

Re: Todays football

Should keep them up. Plymouth and Scunthorpe have to play each other, so Stanley can't finish in the bottom three; and for them to be fourth bottom, at least 6 specific matches have to go the wrong way and four or five other teams get points in one or other of the last two. They're not as mathemati...
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:06 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Todays football
Replies: 190
Views: 5701

Re: Todays football

Aclaret wrote:Spurs v Brighton
Watford v Southampton
2 home wins will do nicely tonight.

Can we have an away win for Doncaster v Accrington please?
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:08 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Luiz says we are anti football
Replies: 160
Views: 6014

Re: Luiz says we are anti football

Someone on one of their websites (The Shed) is complaining about the time added on because Burnley players were down for 7 minutes and there were 6 subs! On correction, he knocked it down to 4 because one of theirs was in the first half! :lol:
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:54 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Trump State Visit
Replies: 103
Views: 1431

Re: Trump State Visit

Whether it should be a state visit or an informal visit is another issue. But they seem to have established a precedent with Bush Jnr and Obama. But it's not just Donald Trump as a person that's coming, is the President of the United States; and to treat him differently because you don't like his po...
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:03 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Luiz says we are anti football
Replies: 160
Views: 6014

Re: Luiz says we are anti football

It’s isn’t a long shot to say going into the final weekend a win at Old Trafford for Cardiff plus us to lose vs Arsenal and a 3/4 goal swing will send us down. Don’t get me wrong last nights points was superb. But Sean Dyche tells us time and time again it isn’t over until it’s mathematically over....
by dsr
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:17 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Ashley Barnes Is Not Good Enough For Us
Replies: 35
Views: 4322

Re: Ashley Barnes Is Not Good Enough For Us

At the time £700k was the speculation, but Dyche said it was £450k and I seem to tremember the accounts that year backed that up.
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:33 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Luiz says we are anti football
Replies: 160
Views: 6014

Re: Luiz says we are anti football

To be fair he has a point. I was obviously delighted with the point the Clarets needed but I was not proud of our performance. SD goes on about fairness and honesty but in the second half we milked every tackle,"injury", "cramp" to an embarrassing degree. I was just waiting for ...
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:23 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Luiz says we are anti football
Replies: 160
Views: 6014

Re: Luiz says we are anti football

Funny thing is, the Chelsea fans on Shed End really hate Ashley Barnes (partly because of when Mata got himself sent off after making that tackle that neraly injured himself). But they particularly hate a player who makes himself awkward, who puts himself about, who gets in the defenders' faces and ...
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:09 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Ben Mee
Replies: 14
Views: 1235

Re: Ben Mee

JimMcDonald wrote:What a performance he was a human wall.

I disagree. A wall, certainly; but you can't watch that and expect me to believe he's a mere human?
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:07 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: I have lost count now!
Replies: 5
Views: 875

Re: I have lost count now!

I asked in the Premier League As back then it was a level playing field but now it is IMO even harder to get into and stay in the top division due to the super cash rich clubs But I know what you mean The Premier League is just a new name for Football League Division One. Did you want to include th...
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:06 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: I Seriously hate this mob
Replies: 10
Views: 2758

Re: I Seriously hate this mob

Most of the thread is as complimentary as you'll ever get from a rival forum.
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:01 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: David Luiz...Whinger
Replies: 9
Views: 1551

Re: David Luiz...Whinger

They were trying to analyse on Sky Sports, why Chelsea were upset at the final whistle. The answer's obvious - so why didn't they say it? Chelsea were upset because they didn't win. The rest is just detail. If they'd won there'd have been no scuffles, no late booking, no manager sent off, no "b...
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:58 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: I have lost count now!
Replies: 5
Views: 875

Re: I have lost count now!

mkmel wrote:Assuming we stay up this season :D

Will next season be our 6th or 7th season in the Premier League?

It will be our 57th. But it'll be only the sixth in the last forty years.
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:04 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Easter Weekend Lancashire League Cricket
Replies: 30
Views: 1564

Re: Easter Weekend Lancashire League Cricket

jrgbfc wrote:Good win for the mighty Colne to start the season! Great to see a decent crowd on the Horsfield for a change as well.

Amazing what a bit of good weather will do. £340 gate, which for the first game of the season is probably a record - and the bar looked like it was doing pretty well, too!
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:42 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Violent Climate change lefty’s..
Replies: 197
Views: 3506

Re: Violent Climate change lefty’s..

lol. Burn the planet because the person protesting it is " too rich, arrogant, smug, and self-entitled". Avoid the actual issue because you don't like the person saying it's important. It's astonishing how someone who throws out the words "liar" like confetti, can make such stuf...
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:06 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Violent Climate change lefty’s..
Replies: 197
Views: 3506

Re: Violent Climate change lefty’s..

As she said, invent a cleaner way to fly and she'll use it. But until they do, she is quite happy to protest about climate change by flying to California for her own birthday party. It's not so much that that rubs me up the wrong way, it's the exceptionally arrogant "I'm too old to fly economy...
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:50 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Violent Climate change lefty’s..
Replies: 197
Views: 3506

Re: Violent Climate change lefty’s..

If you believe Emma Thompson, you can save carbon emissions by flying economy instead of first class. :roll:
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:18 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Todays football
Replies: 190
Views: 5701

Re: Todays football

I’m sorry, I’m not accepting what fans predicted? I’m simply asking why posters are now wanting Cardiff to lose when they wanted to see Brighton relegated a week ago. Very little has changed. Because the people who wanted Cardiff to beat Brighton, had confidence that they would lose to Liverpool an...
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:32 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Diane Abbott
Replies: 143
Views: 7029

Re: Diane Abbott

That was my main point,if the law isn't going to be enforced for anybody it makes a mockery of introducing the said law in the first place. Another of Boris's faux-pas along with spending a fortune on water cannons that were never used,whether the legislation is good or bad is debatable,but that's ...
by dsr
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:28 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Todays football
Replies: 190
Views: 5701

Re: Todays football

boatshed bill wrote:Yes, either Cardiff or Brighton are more ilkely to go down than we are, but isn't he bigger issue how we have dropped from 7th to 17th?

I can see how you could argue that the bigger issue is how we dropped from 7th to 15th. But not 17th.
by dsr
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:54 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Violent Climate change lefty’s..
Replies: 197
Views: 3506

Re: Violent Climate change lefty’s..

Imploding Turtle wrote:After such a good start when you introduced yourself to me a year or two ago you continue to sink lower and lower in my estimations.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
by dsr
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:53 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Born here but not allowed to live here
Replies: 45
Views: 1939

Re: Born here but not allowed to live here

Lowbankclaret wrote:Wrong on every level.
Voted leave , want to leave.
But this is wrong, not what people voted for.

It's wrong on the level that it isn't true. The child does have the right to live here.
by dsr
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:45 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Born here but not allowed to live here
Replies: 45
Views: 1939

Re: Born here but not allowed to live here

This is moronic. A 15 week old kid born in London to parents who between them have lived here for over 30 years doesn't have the right to live here. This ******* country :lol: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/baby-citizenship-uk-status-child-immigration-home-office-parents-america-a8...
by dsr
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:20 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Rugby Lineouts and Football Corners
Replies: 9
Views: 567

Re: Rugby Lineouts and Football Corners

Spijed wrote:Would that be the same if a defender allowed a goalie to climb higher for a cross by allowing his own body to become a sort of stepladder?

In theory, yes. I can't imagine it would ever be called, though; or that the defence would have time to pre-arrange it.
by dsr
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:06 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Rugby Lineouts and Football Corners
Replies: 9
Views: 567

Re: Rugby Lineouts and Football Corners

It used to be specifically in the rules that leaning on a teammate to gain height was ungentlemanly conduct and punished by an indirect free kick. I don't know if it still is, but I'd be surprised if they had deliberately taken it out.
by dsr
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:17 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: VAR
Replies: 67
Views: 1430

Re: VAR

atlantalad wrote:Thought the ball got played/deflected on by a spurs player on the build up to the offside goal.

Played by a Spurs player but deflected by a City player. The offside was when the City player touched the ball.
by dsr
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:49 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: VAR
Replies: 67
Views: 1430

Re: VAR

VAR is a crap and non transparent process. In last nights game the ref gave a goal for the handball goal but was then "asked" by an anonymous officials to look at the pitch side monitor - that put questions in his mind and he finally judged the ball did not hit hand and into the goal. In ...
by dsr
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:47 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 8009
Views: 89331

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Is that really true? The NHS always scores well on value compared to private markets like the US. The point is that prices can be reduced by economies of scale and lack of requirement for dividends, etc. Your premise that nationalised services are more expensive may be true (although not necessaril...

Go to advanced search