Search found 868 matches

by Burnley Ace
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:09 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Laffer Curve....
Replies: 45
Views: 1871

Re: Laffer Curve....

Oh dear, here we go again. An interesting thread damaged by squabbling. IT posts something and he is attacked. I have to say on this occasion IT has done nothing wrong and it is dsr and Rowls that have done the damage. Why? It was his deliberately provocative use of "some tax evasion legal&quo...
by Burnley Ace
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:10 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: India v Pakistan cricket
Replies: 26
Views: 1086

Re: India v Pakistan cricket

What has last year got to do with it? You are the one implying that the WC shouldn’t be held in Ehgland in June because of the weather. I was just pointing out that normally the weather is good in June, take last year for example, without having to expressly say what a childish knee jerk reaction t...
by Burnley Ace
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:47 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: India v Pakistan cricket
Replies: 26
Views: 1086

Re: India v Pakistan cricket

KRBFC wrote:endless rain delays, why bother hosting a WC in England?

What was the weather like this time last year?
by Burnley Ace
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:04 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Boris alliance with Brexit Party ....
Replies: 112
Views: 2527

Re: Boris alliance with Brexit Party ....

Cloud cuckoo land, I think making big companies & rich individuals pay their fair share of tax etc is pretty straight forward not to mention raising corporation tax slightly to fund the NHS a sensible idea. Where as we could all vote blue again just to see the NHS collapse, homeless & food-...
by Burnley Ace
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:05 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC scrapping free licences for over 75s
Replies: 205
Views: 3158

Re: BBC scrapping free licences for over 75s

You were pretty darn close to having to cough up for this one - she had a lung condition, waiting for 2 hip replacements, and has mobility issues, but was fined £1,100 including costs and later got sent down - but aged only 59! Phew! https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/belfast-...
by Burnley Ace
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:39 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC scrapping free licences for over 75s
Replies: 205
Views: 3158

Re: BBC scrapping free licences for over 75s

Hi B Ace, is that a pensioner over 75 or one that is under 75? Obviously, none of the former up to now (since free license was introduced). TV Licensing site, so far as I can see, doesn't list the people who have been fined. I'm sure this information will be available, somewhere in court proceeding...
by Burnley Ace
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:46 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC scrapping free licences for over 75s
Replies: 205
Views: 3158

Re: BBC scrapping free licences for over 75s

RingoMcCartney wrote:
You argue the technicalities all you like, in support of a regressive tax on those least able to afford it.


And that’s wrong as well. Those pensioners least able to afford it will be on pension credit and will still get a free licence.

You have been very sloppy today Ringo!!
by Burnley Ace
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:41 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC scrapping free licences for over 75s
Replies: 205
Views: 3158

Re: BBC scrapping free licences for over 75s

Using Ringos “logic” you can be sent to prison for littering, having a wee behind a wall, having a bald tyre, in fact you can be sent to prison for committing any criminal offence!
by Burnley Ace
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:33 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: BBC scrapping free licences for over 75s
Replies: 205
Views: 3158

Re: BBC scrapping free licences for over 75s

Like I said, you can argue the toss if you like. Whether it's non payment of the subsequent increased fine or the TV licence itself, you can end up inside. How can anybody reasonable claim that if someone can't afford to pay the initial £154 then they will somehow be able to find an additional £100...
by Burnley Ace
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:58 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Another murderer released
Replies: 176
Views: 2813

Re: Another murderer released

We should have a Referendum on bringing back hanging.
by Burnley Ace
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:52 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Vettel time penalty
Replies: 50
Views: 1799

Re: Vettel time penalty

I’d rather he’d been told to cede the place than a 5 sec penalty. In a sport where track position is vital he could still have gone on to win by more than 5secs. Hamilton had earned the lead by pushing Vettel into his error. The lead should have been handed over. Was that an option? That would have...
by Burnley Ace
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:58 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

It's a concerning and bizarre idea that, in 2019, somebody "doesn't have a problem" and would "encourage" , the election of "dangerous extremists" .as result of a limited number of voters. You've got to assume its the by-product of a limited gene pool. Are you from Bac...
by Burnley Ace
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:00 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Yes! I wrote "dangerous extremists" And , no, you did not write "dangerous extremists " At last an admission from Ringo that he was wrong and had tried to put words in my mouth! I’m not going to gloat or try to humiliate him, all I will do is accept his apology and we can all mo...
by Burnley Ace
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:49 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

And you confirmed your concerning attitude to them in your reply. Another remoaner who simply cannot accept Ringo has had one over him! You and only you must be unable to see your casual attitude to spectre of this country electing "dangerous extremists" Your point blank refusal to accept...
by Burnley Ace
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:46 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Barrymore
Replies: 13
Views: 1701

Re: Barrymore

I thought reading the letter from the CPS did the opposite of what he intended. He read it as though he was exonerated when in fact it was stating that there was insufficient evidence. There is insufficient evidence of him committing any crime. The days of being innocent until proved guilty are lon...
by Burnley Ace
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:16 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I'm making things up!!?? :lol: Are you actually denying saying this! To which you replied. Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:26 pm Bang to rights ! The question was “where have I mentioned dangerous extremists?” You mentioned dangerous extremists not me! You have even saved me the job of cutting and pasting it. ...
by Burnley Ace
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:25 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

That isn't quite right. It's true that the future trade deal with the EU would not be as good as the trade deal we have now, assuming you are a free trader (as most of us seem to be). That was self-evident all along. But the point of the negotiation was to get the best deal going forward; not to be...
by Burnley Ace
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:04 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

You think May's agreement, which gave the EU everything they asked for, was a cunning plan to be so bad a deal that the house of Commons was bound to reject it? Hmm. I don't think she is either devious enough or clever enough to do that. It gave the EU everything they were entitled to and that was ...
by Burnley Ace
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:11 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

You'd encourage "a small number of voters to elect dangerous extremists!" The fact you're a Corbynista and Mcdonald admirer all makes sense now. You are making things up again!! Where have I mentioned dangerous extremists? Find one text (out of the 1000 I have posted) where I have stayed ...
by Burnley Ace
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:05 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Get your facts straight. It was 16,141,241. Our representatives best judgment was to delegate the decision to the People. The People said "Leave" Democracy - it relies on the willingness on those that lose elections and referenda to accept , gracefully, that they lost. They have a duty to...
by Burnley Ace
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:00 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

If it be your will wrote:(It's not nice being told "You're too thick to vote" is it? This has been a problem throughout.)

That is the reality.
by Burnley Ace
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:49 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Men refused £4 million scratchcard win after ‘using stolen card’ to sue National Lottery
Replies: 39
Views: 2239

Re: Men refused £4 million scratchcard win after ‘using stolen card’ to sue National Lottery

‘My clients consider Camelot are behaving in a culturally racist way by subjecting them to a level of scrutiny, checking and vetting, they would not otherwise do if the person who claimed the prize spoke in a posh accent.’ what the f#ck has their accent got to do with it? or race for that matter? H...
by Burnley Ace
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:43 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

And approving of democratic instruction of 17,400,000 People should be ignored, just because around 450 or MPs " [b] feel It will be detrimental. Is no basis for destroying people's trust in the democratic process. 1975 referendum- non binding result was what the Establishment wanted - enacted...
by Burnley Ace
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:26 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

[b]. In the future when millions no longer vote , because " why bother they do what they want to do" it will only take a relatively small number of votes to elect dangerous extremists. I don’t have a problem with that, in fact I would encourage it. I would rather a smaller electorate wha ...
by Burnley Ace
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:43 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

RingoMcCartney wrote:To date , the only UK wide referendum that has not been implemented is the one that produced a result that the Establishment disagreed with.


Or 33% of the referendums or the advisory one that our elected representatives feel is detrimental to the country, I don't mind which phrase you want to use
by Burnley Ace
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:56 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

No i wouldn't. It wouldn't have been published without their approval - so you are guessing! So to summarise the difference in the two referenda. The 1975 referendum was not legally binding. MPs got the result they thought was in the best interest of the country. The result was enacted. The 2016 re...
by Burnley Ace
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:56 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

I can give an absolute cast iron guarantee that if the best argument to overturn the referendum result is "Yes, but it wasn't legally binding was it??" then the referendum result will not be overturned. Of course it isn’t but that is more of a reflection on the people you are arguing with...
by Burnley Ace
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:33 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

" The Referendum Act 1975 , also known simply as the Referendum Act, was an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, which made legal provision for the holding of a non-binding referendum  on whether the United Kingdom should remain a member of the European Communities (EC)" The 1975 ...
by Burnley Ace
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:00 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

There aren't hundreds of years of precedent for the government promising to enact the result of a referendum and then changing their mind when they didn't like the result. Obviously no government can bind a future government, and therefore there was obviously no possible way to make the referendum ...
by Burnley Ace
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:30 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

2.there was never a mandate to enact this referendum and that’s the problem. There is a mandate for a general election. You clearly feel there was a mandate for this referendum which is incorrect. Let’s not open this can of worms. I’m sure Ringo will tell you that it was on a leaflet and a leaflet ...
by Burnley Ace
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:59 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

You'll be eating chlorinated chicken, working gig economy jobs and having to buy American style health insurance packages to pay for a health service which is currently free." The NHS isn’t free, it costs £125+ billion, about 19% of government spending and they want more. Having health insuran...
by Burnley Ace
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:02 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Anthony Joshua
Replies: 43
Views: 3575

Re: Anthony Joshua

Darnhill Claret wrote:They’d both beat Tyson.

To be fair Tyson is 53!
by Burnley Ace
Fri May 31, 2019 1:45 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying
Replies: 355
Views: 5377

Re: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying

Burnley Ace - will not admit the majority of MPS voted for an EU Referendum. Burnley Ace, ZizkovClaret, Greenmile, and many many many more. Refusing to accept that what they claim to be evidence is nothing more than conjecture. I was going to stay out of this as there are enough people pointing out...
by Burnley Ace
Fri May 31, 2019 7:24 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Next PSA testing day at the Turf - 1st June
Replies: 28
Views: 1613

Re: Next PSA testing day at the Turf - 1st June

Where in the Turf is it being held?
by Burnley Ace
Thu May 30, 2019 12:42 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying
Replies: 355
Views: 5377

Re: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying

Except on the bus it said "the EU TAKES every week", which it demonstrably doesn't. On the 17th of Sept 2017, whilst Foreign Secretary Johnson was actually officially rebuked in writing by The Chair of the UK Official Statistics Authority, Sir David Norwood for repeating the £350 million ...
by Burnley Ace
Thu May 30, 2019 7:57 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying
Replies: 355
Views: 5377

Re: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying

The point is that this is what, he alleges, can be saved and given. Also, Let's give, is a definitive proposal, for us all to agree or not, not a wish. He's right - £350m can be saved and it can be given - the fact that it would never be given is a different argument. If he had said - we will hypot...
by Burnley Ace
Thu May 30, 2019 7:44 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying
Replies: 355
Views: 5377

Re: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying

https://i.imgur.com/J93r4ho.jpg If these figures are correct: Payment to Brussels, net of rebate and money returned to the UK: £9.4 billion a year, or £181 million a week. Payment to Brussels, net of rebate: £13.9 billion a year, or £267 million a week. Gross payment to Brussels: £18.9 billion a ye...
by Burnley Ace
Thu May 30, 2019 7:35 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying
Replies: 355
Views: 5377

Re: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:Image

"Let's give" is a wish, "we'll give" is a promise.
by Burnley Ace
Thu May 30, 2019 7:31 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying
Replies: 355
Views: 5377

Re: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying

It's like seeing a book on Amazon with an RRP of £10 but a 50% discount. You send Amazon £5 and get the book. Then you decide to return the book and tell everyone that Amazon will be sending £10 back that you'll be able to spend on something else. Or we have set aside £10 a week for membership fees...
by Burnley Ace
Wed May 29, 2019 11:06 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying
Replies: 355
Views: 5377

Re: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying

That is not our obligation though is it ? Because we get a large rebate back. The allegation being made is about using this number to mislead the public by clearly saying if we leave this amount will be available for things like the NHS. Very clearly this amount would never ever be “available” - th...
by Burnley Ace
Wed May 29, 2019 9:13 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying
Replies: 355
Views: 5377

Re: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying

I also said that the article didn't disprove it and was pretty shonky. It is a fact that we don't send £350m a week, it isn't the amount that we are obliged to send, the rebate comes out at source before we send the money. See, that's the trouble when politicians lie, people believe them. Is it the...
by Burnley Ace
Wed May 29, 2019 4:38 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying
Replies: 355
Views: 5377

Re: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying

However, Johnson referred to sending the EU £350m per week which is demonstrably untrue. I hope he has a better defence than that in court. You have misread the article- it is a fact that we send £350m a week, that is the gross figure, the amount we are obliged to send. We then get a rebate and get...
by Burnley Ace
Tue May 28, 2019 11:28 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: how can poorer teams hope to comprete?
Replies: 24
Views: 1682

Re: how can poorer teams hope to comprete?

Excellent example TVC15 - that parasite has a salary paid for by all professional footballers yet their are whole squads - I am thinking Accy Stanley whose squad jointly earn close to what he does, possibly a bit more His salary isn’t paid by any professional footballers, his salary is a percentage...
by Burnley Ace
Tue May 28, 2019 8:10 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Alistair Campbell expelled from the Labour Party
Replies: 113
Views: 4240

Re: Alistair Campbell expelled from the Labour Party

So any Labour member who has ever voted tactically to prevent a Tory winning an election needs to admit their sin and resign.
by Burnley Ace
Mon May 27, 2019 1:20 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: EU Election Results 2019 ... Burnley
Replies: 44
Views: 2605

Re: EU Election Results 2019 ... Burnley

Remoaners have decided to apply their desperate logic to the premier league. And it's a blow for Manchester city.  They've added up the final points tally for Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. And they've announced that LONDON won the Premier League! I’ve seen this comment in the Daily Mail. Once again y...
by Burnley Ace
Mon May 27, 2019 12:01 pm
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: European Election Results .. due from 10 p.m. Sunday night...,
Replies: 501
Views: 9267

Re: European Election Results .. due from 10 p.m. Sunday night...,

Why don't retainers ask themselves why despite all of this negativity to Leaving, the country is still split. Can they not recognise that nothing has changed.That People still want to leave despite the scaremongering. Whilst many would suggest stupidity I would go for obstinacy. Why would any Leave...
by Burnley Ace
Mon May 27, 2019 9:52 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Monaco GP
Replies: 27
Views: 1817

Re: Monaco GP

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... re-mistake

Most people accept that Merc got it wrong.
by Burnley Ace
Mon May 27, 2019 9:49 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: European Election Results .. due from 10 p.m. Sunday night...,
Replies: 501
Views: 9267

Re: European Election Results .. due from 10 p.m. Sunday night...,

You can take what you want from these results. Brexit are UKIP + who despite winning the most seats haven’t got more votes than the Remain bloc. However the votes for the Remain bloc were boosted by votes from EU citizens who are ineligible to vote in a Referendum. A very low turnout, UKIP gone, Cha...
by Burnley Ace
Mon May 27, 2019 9:33 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Monaco GP
Replies: 27
Views: 1817

Re: Monaco GP

No one overtook anyone else. Hamilton moaned from lap 26 and stayed out the whole race, as his team would not contemplate pitting him. Even after he won, he said they chose the wrong tyres. Moaning minny without any gratitude. They did choose the wrong tyres, the fact he won doesn’t change that. Th...
by Burnley Ace
Sat May 25, 2019 8:28 am
Forum: The Bee Hole End
Topic: Brexit: The Naked Truth
Replies: 9585
Views: 126679

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

So it leaves us one approach for the new leader: State we are leaving on October 31st and that we would like a transition until a set date (e.g. March 31st 2021). Make it clear those two dates will not change. Go back to Tusk’s original speech in March 2018 where he offered a free trade deal with z...

Go to advanced search