"Fans Deserve to Know More about Schuhmacher's Plight"

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

"Fans Deserve to Know More about Schuhmacher's Plight"

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:58 am

An interesting article in one of yesterday's papers written by their Chief Sports Editor. The title says it all but the journo, clearly a huge fan of Schumacher, bemoaned the fact that the bloke has just turned 48 without a scrap of information being offered by MS's family or management team.

He acknowledges the right to privacy but argues that "the issue is not so clear cut when you are the most decorated driver in the history of Formula One, whose fame stretches to all corners of the globe.".......

Apart from the obvious question of whether a globe can have corners, the piece does raise the issue of the fame/adoration/admiration thing being, perhaps, a two-way one and somehow the family should be giving something to his fans. Or is it just a form of voyeurism that's being touted here ?

Thoughts, anyone ?

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Re: "Fans Deserve to Know More about Schuhmacher's Plight"

Post by Sutton-Claret » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:22 am

I'm a massive F1 fan and a massive Schumacher fan. However I feel both he and his family are entitled to go about their business however they want to. Why feed the media? they will write whatever garbage they want to anyway. The press gave him a hard time over the years and now I feel this is payback from the Schumachers.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:28 am

Leave him be I say.
He's clearly on a very long road to any sort of recovery and I for one wouldn't want to intrude on it.

For me he's one of the very best drivers ever in F1.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2633 times
Has Liked: 6448 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:29 am

As previous replies, he has the right to privacy and whilst I am a fan of F1 and him I totally understand and respect his privacy.

Jambo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 240 times

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:41 am

He's retired, if he was a current sportsperson it might be different.

What do the fans want? Week by week updates? If there was anything really positive to report, it's likely something would have been said.

It's a sad situation but I can't see how having regular updates in the press would make anything any better for Schumacher or his family.

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:50 am

Week 1 no change
Week 2 no change
Week 3 no change
Week 4 no change

Wonder how long before the press got bored of these updates.

Leave the poor bloke and his family alone for goodness sake

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 427 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:51 am

Jambo wrote:He's retired, if he was a current sportsperson it might be different.

What do the fans want? Week by week updates? If there was anything really positive to report, it's likely something would have been said.

It's a sad situation but I can't see how having regular updates in the press would make anything any better for Schumacher or his family.
evensteadiereddie wrote:An interesting article in one of yesterday's papers written by their Chief Sports Editor. The title says it all but the journo, clearly a huge fan of Schumacher, bemoaned the fact that the bloke has just turned 48 without a scrap of information being offered by MS's family or management team.

He acknowledges the right to privacy but argues that "the issue is not so clear cut when you are the most decorated driver in the history of Formula One, whose fame stretches to all corners of the globe.".......

Apart from the obvious question of whether a globe can have corners, the piece does raise the issue of the fame/adoration/admiration thing being, perhaps, a two-way one and somehow the family should be giving something to his fans. Or is it just a form of voyeurism that's being touted here ?

Thoughts, anyone ?
I expect KRBFC will be on here shortly to tell us that Ralf was the better driver tactically.
These 4 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Sidney1st Burnley Ace Sausage

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2973 times
Has Liked: 2072 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:56 am

Leave the poor lad alone and let the family deal with the trauma in private.

I am sure, that if there is anything positive to report, they will let his adoring
public know.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1334 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Inchy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:59 am

With head injuries, such as a ischemic stroke, the chances of any further recover after 2 years is very slim. I doubt he will make any real progress on his current condition, although he will has the best medical treatment money can buy so if anyone can improve it is him.

I think the media should leave him be.

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:02 pm

Something to do with protecting his " intimate Sphere" ..Whatever that is..

"We know that his vast wealth, reputed to be £500 million, is put to use to the tune of £120k a week to give him some kind of life, but what the quality of his existence might be is a matter of guesswork. The family speak only through the filter of Schumi’s loyal press aide, former journalist Sabine Kehm, who delivers the same message in characteristically absolute terms: “Michael’s health is not a public issue and we will continue to make no comment in that regard. “This is because we have to protect his intimate sphere. Legally seen and in the longer term, every statement related to his health would diminish the extent of his intimate sphere. We are aware that this may be difficult for some people to understand but we do this with full commitment to Michael’s guidelines and can only thank people for their understanding.”

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/essentials/sport/fo ... rs-plight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Elizabeth

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:04 pm

And KBRFC would no doubt repeat endlessly that he was sick of Michael acting like an overawed kid with a scooter turning up and just being glad to be there at each of his Grand Prix.

I'm no great fan of F1 and I was a bit surprised by the writer's view. MS is probably making little or no progress - the medical experts seemed to agree long ago that there was only minimal scope for any improvement whatsoever - but that is by the by - if the family want to keep his condition private, they have the right - he/they owe the racing world nothing.

I would imagine any snippet of information offered would be interpreted in so many different ways and the trolls, him again !, would have a field day.
Better for everybody to remember the great things about the bloke's driving (and the not so great), move on and wish them well.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6488 times
Has Liked: 2911 times

Post by Steve1956 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:24 pm

Agree with most of the above,we should all respect the Schumacer's privacy.

lakesclaret
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by lakesclaret » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:40 pm

None of anyone's business to be fair , a big fan of the hot schu and tragic to see a flame like that go out.
One can only surmise that " nothing has changed" and the family will make an announcement as and when they feel is appropriate.

Schumacher is what Lewis Hamilton would be if he had a tactical racing brain and had to manage his car without gizmos and radio.

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:53 pm

When someone needs 15 people to look after them, they obviously can do virtually nothing.

A real shame, but he is probably nothing more than a body that breaths.

aclaretinstevenage
Been Liked: 301 times
Has Liked: 730 times

Post by aclaretinstevenage » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Unusual to see an almost unanimous view on a subject on this board but in this case I think it's absolutely right and proper. Schumacher and his family owe nobody anything in their desperate situation least of all the media. As above, let him be .
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Paul Waine

Cheshireclaret
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Cheshireclaret » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:32 pm

The seemingly macabre voyeurism requested by the journalist is, in my opinion, both crass and insensitive. It is quite rightly up to the Schumacher family how they wish for Michael's health and, hopefully, recovery to be dealt with as far as the public gaze is concerned and as Ross Brawn said in a recent interview when asked, 'his family have asked that his health is kept private and I must respect their wishes'.

What business is it of the journalist, me or any body else in the wider world, how he is doing if those closest to him choose to keep it private? It's like a rubber-necker passing the scene of a traffic accident.

I wish him well and hope that, one day, he recovers but until such time as we are told otherwise, the Schumacher family should be left alone and not be open to criticism.

starting_11
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 833 times

Post by starting_11 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:50 pm

It would be nice to know what progress he is making, but i'm certain that if any was being made, it would have been publicised by the family.

Leave him be, I say!

Saxoman
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:44 am

Some fans are sick arseholes and want to see photos of Schumacher as a bloody vegetable. Leave him alone.

Dazzler
Been Liked: 881 times
Has Liked: 2332 times

Post by Dazzler » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:25 am

Agree whole heartedly with all the post replies.

Gutter press at it again.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:45 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:And KBRFC would no doubt repeat endlessly that he was sick of Michael acting like an overawed kid with a scooter turning up and just being glad to be there at each of his Grand Prix.

I'm no great fan of F1 and I was a bit surprised by the writer's view. MS is probably making little or no progress - the medical experts seemed to agree long ago that there was only minimal scope for any improvement whatsoever - but that is by the by - if the family want to keep his condition private, they have the right - he/they owe the racing world nothing.

I would imagine any snippet of information offered would be interpreted in so many different ways and the trolls, him again !, would have a field day.
Better for everybody to remember the great things about the bloke's driving (and the not so great), move on and wish them well.
#obsessed
#alottosayforamanwithnotesticles

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3079 times
Has Liked: 5044 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:55 pm

He's a human being not public property, the fans deserve to know whatever the family are willing to divulge.