Trump/Russia Dossier

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Re: Trump/Russia Dossier

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:35 pm

Has he been impeached yet?
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:43 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:Has he been impeached yet?
Nah that should be happening anytime before the end of his first year in office, so it shouldn't be long
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:15 am

Reckoner wrote:I never said we should. The US president should be decided by the US voters. I just find it a tragedy there are so many stupid or bigoted people to make that happen and that decency and empathy are such alien concepts. But then it’s pretty obvious such stupidity and ignorance is just as prevalent here. In this country and on this message board.
Where's your 'empathy' for the innocent lives destroyed by the ridiculous Mueller investigation and who have had to sell their houses to finance legal costs eg Jerome Corsi? How come everyone who does not agree with you and supports Trump is 'stupid' and 'bigoted'? How come you are so virtuous? The answer is you are n't. Stop preaching to us.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:22 am

Reckoner wrote:I never said we should. The US president should be decided by the US voters. I just find it a tragedy there are so many stupid or bigoted people to make that happen and that decency and empathy are such alien concepts. But then it’s pretty obvious such stupidity and ignorance is just as prevalent here. In this country and on this message board.
The quality of US presidents has been iffy since the 90's.

Clinton - sexual predator.
Bush JR - Warmonger
Obama - only one who seemed to be half decent, but there are probably skeletons in the cupboard from his presidency.
Trump - appears to be a racist clown

SmudgetheClaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:58 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:The quality of US presidents has been iffy since the 90's.

Clinton - sexual predator.
Bush JR - Warmonger
Obama - only one who seemed to be half decent, but there are probably skeletons in the cupboard from his presidency.
Trump - appears to be a racist clown
how does trying to stop millions of illegals some of which are pretty nasty people pouring into your county make you a racist ?
clown now I'll give you that one :D

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:01 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:how does trying to stop millions of illegals some of which are pretty nasty people pouring into your county make you a racist ?
clown now I'll give you that one :D
I did say appears.
It also appears that he doesn't have an issue with supremacist groups.

I've no issue with stopping illegal immigrants.
This user liked this post: SmudgetheClaret

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:30 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:I did say appears.
It also appears that he doesn't have an issue with supremacist groups.

I've no issue with stopping illegal immigrants.

Literally no one has a problem with stopping illegal immigration. But that's not what Trump is doing, and it's not really what his supporters want. What he and they want is to stop brown people from entering the United States, legally or otherwise. That's why he's being inhumane towards families who enter illegally without any prior crimes. They want these families torn apart so they can use it to dissuade others from trying to enter the US either as a refugee or as an immigrant. It's also why they're blocking asylum seekers from entering the US to seek asylum by putting guards across the US border and turning asylum seekers away, because if they're not on US soil then they can't claim asylum. And then if they do make it onto US soil illegally to claim asylum, well, "lol, you're going to jail and we're taking your kids because you crossed illegally".

If Trump does anything that makes you think "that's unnecessarily cruel" just remember that the cruelty is the point.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:31 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Literally no one has a problem with stopping illegal immigration. But that's not what Trump is doing, and it's not really what his supporters want. What he and they want is to stop brown people from entering the United States, legally or otherwise. That's why he's being inhumane towards families who enter illegally without any prior crimes. They want these families torn apart so they can use it to dissuade others from trying to enter the US either as a refugee or as an immigrant. It's also why they're blocking asylum seekers from entering the US to seek asylum by putting guards across the US border and turning asylum seekers away, because if they're not on US soil then they can't claim asylum. And then if they do make it onto US soil illegally to claim asylum, well, "lol, you're going to jail and we're taking your kids because you crossed illegally".

If Trump does anything that makes you think "that's unnecessarily cruel" just remember that the cruelty is the point.
Go bang your drum at someone else.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:59 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Go bang your drum at someone else.

It must've really taxed you putting that kind of effort into a reply to a perfectly reasonable, inoffensive post.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2874 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:11 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Go bang your drum at someone else.
If you think Trump is racist? Nah money is his God the only colour he intends to let in is green.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:51 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Literally no one has a problem with stopping illegal immigration. But that's not what Trump is doing, and it's not really what his supporters want. What he and they want is to stop brown people from entering the United States, legally or otherwise. That's why he's being inhumane towards families who enter illegally without any prior crimes. They want these families torn apart so they can use it to dissuade others from trying to enter the US either as a refugee or as an immigrant. It's also why they're blocking asylum seekers from entering the US to seek asylum by putting guards across the US border and turning asylum seekers away, because if they're not on US soil then they can't claim asylum. And then if they do make it onto US soil illegally to claim asylum, well, "lol, you're going to jail and we're taking your kids because you crossed illegally".

On this occasion it just so happens that the illegals and criminals are brown or a browny colour as its mexico next door if the border
was with a predominately white country you would be over there helping to build the wall..

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:21 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:On this occasion it just so happens that the illegals and criminals are brown or a browny colour as its mexico next door if the border
was with a predominately white country you would be over there helping to build the wall..
Get it guys? Because i'm racist against white people :lol: That's what this fascist is saying.

For what it's worth, i've never advocated for a wall to be built on the Irish border and i'm pretty sure Ireland is predominantly white. As is Canada.

Anyway, here's the kind of think Trump's brownshirts have been up to. Presenting non-legally enforceable arrest warrants to capture immigrants.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/man ... ts-n988026" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:32 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Get it guys? Because i'm racist against white people :lol: That's what this fascist is saying.

For what it's worth, i've never advocated for a wall to be built on the Irish border and i'm pretty sure Ireland is predominantly white. As is Canada.

Anyway, here's the kind of think Trump's brownshirts have been up to. Presenting non-legally enforceable arrest warrants to capture immigrants.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/man ... ts-n988026" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There he goes again with the "guys" like he as any supporters on here poor mans James (liar) O'brien ..
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:08 pm

If the above is your serious and honest opinion of immigration into the USA then I now understand all your other bitter and twisted comments.

Firstly. I have not met 1 single person in America who is opposed to Immigrants. However virtually all are opposed to illegal immigrants. Anybody entering illegally is committing a crime and is therefore a criminal. If you commit a crime anywhere in the world then you must expect to be punished. When somebody enters the USA illegally and claims asylum ( you are correct they must be on American soil to do so) they are held and questioned prior to a court hearing to determine if they have legal grounds for asylum. Once a court date is set they ( by law) have to be released into the USA. Of course they never return for their court hearing.And this law is the root of all the problems. Of course the Democrats will not support a change to the law. No families are `torn apart` neither are the arrested unless they have a prior criminal record with outstanding warrants.
You refer to Trump and his supporters not wanting `brown`people to enter the USA legally or otherwise. So by default you are saying that a white person entering the USA legally or otherwise will be given a green light where as brown people will be subjected to cruelty.
I can honestly say that I have never read such utter garbage. ALL legal immigrants to the USA will be made welcome and treated with respect. ALL illegal immigrants will be subjected to the same rules and regulations irrespective of the colour of their skin or their race.
When we came to America our children attended the local state schools. There were 52 different nationalities represented there. My kids have great friends from many countries across the world and most of them were met in America.
You Sir are either ignorant of how America works or a liar.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:49 pm

FCBurnley wrote:If the above is your serious and honest opinion of immigration into the USA then I now understand all your other bitter and twisted comments.

Firstly. I have not met 1 single person in America who is opposed to Immigrants. However virtually all are opposed to illegal immigrants. Anybody entering illegally is committing a crime and is therefore a criminal. If you commit a crime anywhere in the world then you must expect to be punished. When somebody enters the USA illegally and claims asylum ( you are correct they must be on American soil to do so) they are held and questioned prior to a court hearing to determine if they have legal grounds for asylum. Once a court date is set they ( by law) have to be released into the USA. Of course they never return for their court hearing.And this law is the root of all the problems. Of course the Democrats will not support a change to the law. No families are `torn apart` neither are the arrested unless they have a prior criminal record with outstanding warrants.
You refer to Trump and his supporters not wanting `brown`people to enter the USA legally or otherwise. So by default you are saying that a white person entering the USA legally or otherwise will be given a green light where as brown people will be subjected to cruelty.
I can honestly say that I have never read such utter garbage. ALL legal immigrants to the USA will be made welcome and treated with respect. ALL illegal immigrants will be subjected to the same rules and regulations irrespective of the colour of their skin or their race.
When we came to America our children attended the local state schools. There were 52 different nationalities represented there. My kids have great friends from many countries across the world and most of them were met in America.
You Sir are either ignorant of how America works or a liar.
One bullshit claim at a time.

"When somebody enters the USA illegally and claims asylum ( you are correct they must be on American soil to do so) they are held and questioned prior to a court hearing to determine if they have legal grounds for asylum."

The US government is making it impossible for the legal entry to the united states for some asylum seekers to then seek asylum. If they make it impossible to follow the law to seek asylum then they only possible way to see asylum would be by breaking the law. And what is worse? Risking their lives, or breaking the law by not entering at a legal crossing? Again, the latter being made to be impossible for them.

"Of course they never return for their court hearing."

Bullshit. Source?

"Of course the Democrats will not support a change to the law."

Bullshit. Yes they will, they just won't fund Trump's wall while doing it. A few years ago the Republicans were all for immigration reform, until Obama supported it, then they turned against it because that's just how pathetic the Republicans are.
Oh, and Democrats don't want to deport otherwise law-abiding people who were brought to the US as children and have grown up and made a life for themselves. That's another dumb, unnecessarily cruel thing Republicans want to do. That's a Republican cruelty that has preceded Trump's regime so i don't hold him responsible.

"No families are `torn apart` neither are the arrested unless they have a prior criminal record with outstanding warrants."

Bullshit. Do i need to post images of children in cages? Do i need to link to news articles about parents who have lost their children because the US doesn't know where they are, after they were taken away for the misdemeanour crime of entering illegally? You're in ******* denial if you think this isn't or hasn't been a policy of the Trump administration.

"You refer to Trump and his supporters not wanting `brown`people to enter the USA legally or otherwise."

Yep. And once they get done with brown people they'll find another subset to call the "others". Trump is undeniably racist, as are his supporters. For the benefit of your feelings i'll point out here that i'm distinguishing between "supporters" and "voters".
You only need to look at how he treats american victims of natural disasters to see his racism in action. Puerto Rico are still recovering from a devastating hurricane and botched response that led to thousands of dead. But Trump thinks they got too much help. Has he dared say that about victims in Texas, for example?
He wanted to set up a deportation force (ICE has become that) to round up 11 million illegals and intern them. He wants a Muslim ban. The guy is a white nationalist, so it naturally follows that he wants his country to be for whites only. Or at least have non-whites treated as less than whites.

"ALL legal immigrants to the USA will be made welcome and treated with respect. "
LOL - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 8d252c790e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:48 pm

Even Fox News knows it's nto about the nationality of the Mexicans but their ethnicity, as evidenced by this Freudian slip.

Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras, for the curious.

LongsideFacingUp
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by LongsideFacingUp » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:02 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Even Fox News knows it's nto about the nationality of the Mexicans but their ethnicity, as evidenced by this Freudian slip.

Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras, for the curious.
I mean, if this doesn't get Trump impeached I don't know what will.
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:09 pm

LongsideFacingUp wrote:I mean, if this doesn't get Trump impeached I don't know what will.
:lol: A well earned like.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:20 pm

Interesting stuff. It seems that Trump has changed his mind about a full release of the Mueller Report. I wonder what's in it that has caused him to change his mind. :lol:

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:31 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Interesting stuff. It seems that Trump has changed his mind about a full release of the Mueller Report. I wonder what's in it that has caused him to change his mind. :lol:
What made you come to that collusion :lol: :lol:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:09 am

SmudgetheClaret wrote:What made you come to that collusion :lol: :lol:
An actually credible news organisation.

https://twitter.com/hardball/status/1112831627611303937" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:05 am

Maybe if they were white Americans he'd give a ****.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:47 pm

FCBurnley wrote:No families are `torn apart` ...
2 years. The US government (that's your guys' administration) have said in court that it will take 2 years to put those families back together. You know, the ones you said haven't been torn apart by the government that you voted for.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... op+News%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:2 years. The US government (that's your guys' administration) have said in court that it will take 2 years to put those families back together. You know, the ones you said haven't been torn apart by the government that you voted for.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... op+News%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You've lost, get over it, Mueller a complete vindication for Trump. Four more years.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:57 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:You've lost, get over it, Mueller a complete vindication for Trump. Four more years.

And yet he and his party oppose the publication of the report they claim vindicates him. Weird, huh?

Trump: This completely exonerates me.
Everyone: OK. Can we see it?
Trump: No.

Just like his tax returns. He insists there's nothing to see but is doing everything possible to prevent their release.

This isn't for the benefit of you though, Uwe Noble. I know nothing can change a fascist's mind. But others might fall for your lies, so this is for them.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:51 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:And yet he and his party oppose the publication of the report they claim vindicates him. Weird, huh?

Trump: This completely exonerates me.
Everyone: OK. Can we see it?
Trump: No.

Just like his tax returns. He insists there's nothing to see but is doing everything possible to prevent their release.

This isn't for the benefit of you though, Uwe Noble. I know nothing can change a fascist's mind. But others might fall for your lies, so this is for them.
Someone is starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist...
This user liked this post: Uwe Noble

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1080 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:42 am

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Someone is starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist...
This is funny, coming from the guy who regularly posts links to Infowars.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:49 am

Greenmile wrote:This is funny, coming from the guy who regularly posts links to Infowars.
Irony not your thing then :D

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:20 pm

So the full Mueller report is gonna be published !! what's that turtle ? Did you say there are some incriminating pages missing? :lol: :lol: WOOP WOOP

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:18 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:So the full Mueller report is gonna be published !! what's that turtle ? Did you say there are some incriminating pages missing? :lol: :lol: WOOP WOOP
Really? Cool. When? Says who?

Edit: Took me two seconds to discover you were full of **** - again

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:25 pm

By the way. Each section of the report was summarised by the Mueller team with the expectation that those summaries would be made public. So there will be no reason to redact a single word from those summaries. But i'd be surprised if Barr doesn't redact parts of them.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Anything & Everything About Donald Trump

Post by Rowls » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:28 pm

The "Russia" thing didn't seem so relevant for some reason so I've updated the thread title.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:25 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Really? Cool. When? Says who?

Edit: Took me two seconds to discover you were full of **** - again

NPC wrong again Barr would be breaking US law if he released the redactions to the public give it up pal
and get ready to take 4 more years of breakdowns :D

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:30 am

SmudgetheClaret wrote:NPC wrong again Barr would be breaking US law if he released the redactions to the public give it up pal
and get ready to take 4 more years of breakdowns :D
No he wouldn't. The summaries that Mueller's team wrote is specifically for the public. No redactions are necessary for those summaries.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:23 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:No he wouldn't. The summaries that Mueller's team wrote is specifically for the public. No redactions are necessary for those summaries.
Wrong wrong wrong the report was not carried out on behalf of the US public it was for congress and any parts that are deemed sensitive must be held back by law stop making it up as you go along ..

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:45 am

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Wrong wrong wrong the report was not carried out on behalf of the US public it was for congress and any parts that are deemed sensitive must be held back by law stop making it up as you go along ..
I didn't say the report was carried out on behalf of the public, although if i did i'd be right since any government work is supposed to be on behalf of the public.

What I said was that the report has summaries that summarise each section of the report, and those summaries were written deliberately by the Mueller team for public release. Members of the Mueller team have spoken to the press to express their frustration that these sections of the report written, specifically for public release, haven't been released.

And none of the report "must be held back by law". The Attorney General can release literally all of it if he wishes. That is his prerogative as the Attorney General. I fully expect that given the criminality of Trump and his cronies that doing so would not be wise given the dozen or so ongoing criminal investigations into just how corrupt he and everything about him is, not to mention to intelligence sources that would be burned by a full unredacted release, but there'll be no excuse for any of Mueller's summaries to be in any way redacted. But we both know that that's what Barr is going to do. It's why he was hired.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:19 am

Not strictly on-topic but the cry-babies would cry at a separate thread.
This is how pathetic and vindictive the Trump and his administration is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigrat ... 7a71a69681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a bit of a read, which should keep the Trump supporters from commenting on it.
White House officials have tried to pressure U.S. immigration authorities to release detainees onto the streets of “sanctuary cities” to retaliate against President Trump’s political adversaries, according to Department of Homeland Security officials and email messages reviewed by The Washington Post.

Trump administration officials have proposed transporting detained immigrants to sanctuary cities at least twice in the past six months — once in November, as a migrant caravan approached the U.S. southern border, and again in February, amid a standoff with Democrats over funding for Trump’s border wall.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s district in San Francisco was among those the White House wanted to target, according to DHS officials. The administration also considered releasing detainees in other Democratic strongholds.

White House officials first broached the plan in a Nov. 16 email, asking officials at several agencies whether members of the caravan could be arrested at the border and then bused “to small- and mid-sized sanctuary cities,” places where local authorities have refused to hand over illegal immigrants for deportation.

The White House told U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement that the plan was intended to alleviate a shortage of detention space but also served to send a message to Democrats. The attempt at political retribution raised alarm within ICE, with a top official responding that it was rife with budgetary and liability concerns, and noting that “there are PR risks as well.”

After the White House pressed again in February, ICE’s legal department rejected the idea as inappropriate and rebuffed the administration.

A White House official and a spokesman for DHS sent nearly identical statements to The Post on Thursday, indicating that the proposal is no longer under consideration.

“This was just a suggestion that was floated and rejected, which ended any further discussion,” the White House statement said.

Pelosi’s office blasted the plan.

“The extent of this administration’s cynicism and cruelty cannot be overstated,” said Pelosi spokeswoman Ashley Etienne. “Using human beings — including little children — as pawns in their warped game to perpetuate fear and demonize immigrants is despicable.”

President Trump has made immigration a central aspect of his administration, and he has grown increasingly frustrated at the influx of migrants from Central America. He often casts them as killers and criminals who threaten U.S. security, pointing to cases in which immigrants have killed U.S. citizens — including a notable case on a San Francisco pier in 2015. And he has railed against liberal sanctuary-city policies, saying they endanger Americans.

“These outrageous sanctuary cities are grave threats to public safety and national security,” Trump said in a speech to the Safe Neighborhoods Conference in Kansas City, Mo., on Dec. 7, less than a month after the White House asked ICE about moving detainees to such cities. “Each year, sanctuary cities release thousands of known criminal aliens from their custody and right back into the community. So they put them in, and they have them, and they let them go, and it drives you people a little bit crazy, doesn’t it, huh?”

The White House believed it could punish Democrats — including Pelosi — by busing ICE detainees into their districts before their release, according to two DHS whistleblowers who independently reported the busing plan to Congress. One of the whistleblowers spoke with The Washington Post, and several DHS officials confirmed the accounts. They spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

Senior Trump adviser Stephen Miller discussed the proposal with ICE, according to two DHS officials. Matthew Albence, who is ICE’s acting deputy director, immediately questioned the proposal in November.

Albence declined to comment but issued a statement through a spokesman acknowledging there was a discussion about the proposal.

“As the Acting Deputy I was not pressured by anyone at the White House on this issue. I was asked my opinion and provided it and my advice was heeded,” the statement said.

DHS officials said the proposal resurfaced during the shutdown talks three months later, when Albence brought ICE attorneys into the discussion, seeking the legal review that ultimately doomed the proposal.

Miller declined to comment. His name did not appear on any of the documents reviewed by The Post. But as he is White House senior adviser on immigration policy, officials at ICE understood that he was pressing the plan.

Trump has been demanding ­aggressive action to deal with the surge of migrants, and many of his administration’s proposals have been blocked in federal court or, like the family separation policy last year, have backfired as public relations disasters.

Homeland Security officials said the sanctuary city request was unnerving, and it underscores the political pressure Trump and Miller have put on ICE and other DHS agencies at a time when the president is furious about the biggest border surge in more than a decade.

“It was basically an idea that Miller wanted that nobody else wanted to carry out,” said one congressional investigator who has spoken to one of the whistleblowers. “What happened here is that Stephen Miller called people at ICE, said if they’re going to cut funding, you’ve got to make sure you’re releasing people in Pelosi’s district and other congressional districts.” The investigator spoke on the condition of anonymity to protect the whistleblower.

The idea of releasing immigrants into sanctuary cities was not presented to Ronald Vitiello, the agency’s acting director, according to one DHS official familiar with the plan. Last week, the White House rescinded Vitiello’s nomination to lead ICE, giving no explanation, and Vitiello submitted his resignation Wednesday, ending his 30-year-career.

The day after Vitiello’s nomination was rescinded, President Trump told reporters he wanted to put someone “tougher” at ICE. DHS officials said they do not know whether ICE’s refusal to adopt the White House’s plan contributed to Vitiello’s removal. His departure puts Albence in charge of the agency as of Friday.

The White House proposal reached ICE first in November as a highly publicized migrant caravan was approaching the United States. May Davis, deputy assistant to the president and deputy White House policy coordinator, wrote to officials with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, ICE and the Department of Homeland Security with the subject line: “Sanctuary City Proposal.”

“The idea has been raised by 1-2 principals that, if we are unable to build sufficient temporary housing, that caravan members be bussed to small- and mid-sized sanctuary cities,” Davis wrote, seeking responses to the idea’s operational and legal viability. “There is NOT a White House decision on this.”

Albence replied that such a plan “would create an unnecessary operational burden” on an already strained organization and raised concerns about its appropriateness, writing: “Not sure how paying to transport aliens to another location to release them — when they can be released on the spot — is a justified expenditure. Not to mention the liability should there be an accident along the way.”

The White House pushed the issue a second time in the midst of the budget standoff in mid-February, according to DHS officials, and on the heels of a bitterly partisan 35-day government shutdown over Trump’s border wall plan. The White House discussed the immigrant release idea as a way to punish Democrats standing in the way of funding additional detention beds.

ICE detainees with violent criminal records are not typically released on bond or other “alternatives to detention” while they await a hearing with an immigration judge, but there have been instances of such detainees being released.

The White House urged ICE to channel releases to sanctuary districts, regardless of whether immigrants had any ties to those places.

“It was retaliation, to show them, ‘Your lack of cooperation has impacts,’ ” said one of the DHS officials, summarizing the rationale. “I think they thought it would put pressure on those communities to understand, I guess, a different perspective on why you need more immigration money for detention beds.”

Senior officials at ICE did not take the proposal seriously at first, but as the White House exerted pressure, ICE’s legal advisers were asked to weigh in, DHS officials said.

A formal legal review was never completed, according to two DHS officials familiar with the events, but senior ICE attorneys told Albence and others that the plan was inappropriate and lacked a legal basis.

“If we would have done that, we would have had to expend transportation resources, and make a decision that we’re going to use buses, planes, etc., to send these aliens to a place for whatever reason,” a senior DHS official said. “We had to come up with a reason, and we did not have one.”

The proposal faded when House Democrats ultimately relented on their demand for a decrease in the number of detention beds, a final sticking point in budget talks between the White House and House Democrats.

The number of immigrant detainees in ICE custody has approached 50,000 in recent months, an all-time high that has further strained the agency’s budget. Those include immigrants arrested in the U.S. interior, as well as recent border-crossers transferred from U.S. Border Patrol. With unauthorized migration at a 12-year high, the vast majority of recent migrants — and especially those with children — are quickly processed and released with a notice to appear in court, a system that Trump has derided as “catch and release.”

The process has left Trump seething, convinced that immigration officials and DHS more broadly should adopt a harsher approach.

Vitiello’s removal from ICE last week was followed Sunday by the ouster of DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who lost favor with Trump and Miller by repeatedly warning the White House that the administration’s policy ideas were unworkable and likely to be blocked by federal courts.

The sanctuary city proposal ran contrary to ICE policy guidelines, as well as legal counsel. ICE officials balked at the notion of moving migrants to detention facilities in different areas, insisting that Congress only authorizes the agency to deport immigrants, not relocate them internally, according to DHS officials.

The plan to retaliate against sanctuary cities came just after Trump agreed to reopen the government in late January, following a five-week shutdown over wall funding. The president gave lawmakers three weeks to come up with a plan to secure the border before a second fiscal deadline in mid-February.

During the talks, Republicans and Democrats sparred over the number of detention beds, with House Democrats pressing for a lower number amid pressure from their left flank.

It was during that mid-February standoff that one whistleblower went to Congress alleging that the White House was considering a plan to punish Democrats if they did not relent on ICE funding for beds. A second official independently came forward after that.

According to both, there were at least two versions of the plan being considered. One was to move migrants who were already in ICE detention to the districts of Democratic opponents. The second option was to bus migrants apprehended at the border to sanctuary cities, such as New York, Chicago and San Francisco.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:34 am

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texa ... mpid=hpctp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:34 am

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/pol ... 477332002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:24 am

Good old bone rattling socialist Bernie Sanders turns out he's part of the 1% earners in the US and he's ever so keen to battle inequality and redistribute the wealth .......just not his and these lefties fall for it hook line and sinker :lol: :lol:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:27 am

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Good old bone rattling socialist Bernie Sanders turns out he's part of the 1% earners in the US and he's ever so keen to battle inequality and redistribute the wealth .......just not his and these lefties fall for it hook line and sinker :lol: :lol:
Nothing Sanders has done is inconsistent with his beliefs. He wrote a best selling book, for which he was paid handsomely. That's not inconsistent at all with anything he's said. But, the **** on Gab told you otherwise, and you believed them like the good little NPC that you are.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 am

Trump facing a Republican challenger after all,think this guy's long odds on winning the primaries,but you never know.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47943555

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:08 am

tiger76 wrote:Trump facing a Republican challenger after all,think this guy's long odds on winning the primaries,but you never know.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47943555

Not corrupt, racist or intolerant enough for the republicans

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:16 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Not corrupt, racist or intolerant enough for the republicans
Pointless Trump has it in the bag and then he'll pass the baton to one of his kids buckle up Donatello your in for a long stressful stretch ... :lol:

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:17 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Interesting stuff. It seems that Trump has changed his mind about a full release of the Mueller Report. I wonder what's in it that has caused him to change his mind. :lol:
I really think it's time you gave an heartfelt apology to the president for all the false accusations you threw at him !

this is all about your integrity turtle you have a chance here to redeem yourself.. 8-)
This user liked this post: Uwe Noble

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:20 pm

He opposed the full release.

HatfieldClaret
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by HatfieldClaret » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Oh IT wind it in; you said Trump would be out in a year and Theresa wouldn't last until May (what year ?).

Your inane rattling isn't going to change anyone's mind and your predictions have all fallen flat.

Go watch a football match or something, or get a job, like normal people.
These 3 users liked this post: LongsideFacingUp AndyClaret Uwe Noble

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:11 pm

Trump is the modern day Adolf and a huge danger to the world. Everything he does mirrors the rise of Nazism.

....and he is in charge of the worlds most powerful country.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:23 pm

HatfieldClaret wrote:Oh IT wind it in; you said Trump would be out in a year and Theresa wouldn't last until May (what year ?).

Your inane rattling isn't going to change anyone's mind and your predictions have all fallen flat.

Go watch a football match or something, or get a job, like normal people.
No i didn't. What a weird couple of lies to tell.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:53 pm

You did drone on a lot about how he was going to be out of office at some point though, yet he's still there, going to last a full term and likely to go for a second one.