Trump/Russia Dossier

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Re: Trump/Russia Dossier

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:15 am

Damo wrote:So you were wrong?

No. I'm obviously taking the ****. This is the Republicans burying their heads in the sand because they don't want to know how compromised Trump is.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:22 am

IMG_20180313_012022.jpg
IMG_20180313_012022.jpg (125.88 KiB) Viewed 2526 times

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:38 am

:lol: So you think that because the republican controlled House committee investigating the Republican president says that the Republican president is completely innocent of everything and that any appearence of collusion or criminality was just an innocent series of really bad judgement calls? OK.

Be honest, you know nothing about this. Do you? You've not followed the story at all, have you? You jusy side with the right-wing option by instinct. Don't you? If not, surprise me. Explain why you trust the Republicans on this.

starting_11
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by starting_11 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:01 am

Did you only get banned for a short time or something?

I thought you'd voluntarily gone into hibernation but it seems that whatever happened, you're back in full swing, boring the **** out of everyone who's unlucky enough to click onto posts you're into.

Edit: seriously, a bit of off topic whinging is fine on this board but for full blown, left-wing fucktardery could u just go join the trillions of masses on reddit, twitter etc?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:21 am

starting_11 wrote:Did you only get banned for a short time or something?

I thought you'd voluntarily gone into hibernation but it seems that whatever happened, you're back in full swing, boring the **** out of everyone who's unlucky enough to click onto posts you're into.

Edit: seriously, a bit of off topic whinging is fine on this board but for full blown, left-wing fucktardery could u just go join the trillions of masses on reddit, twitter etc?
:lol:

Imagine being so incapable of self control that you'll click on a link to at thread that you're not interested in in order to complain what someone else is posting in that thread you aren't interested in because they're boring you. Genuinely, i feel bad for you.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:49 am

has he gone yet ?

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:33 am

claretandy wrote:has he gone yet ?
Amusingly no, he hasn't.

Going to be interesting when he does though, because that great big democratic country, good old US of A has had its democratic process messed about with so much I'm looking forward to the next election.
There must be loads of them who've lost faith in the process after this one.

Downside is if Clinton went for it again and won, I suspect she'd be looking for somewhere new to invade.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 am

he hasn't gone yet no

Thats because you have to do things by pesky little things like laws.

But lets think about this for a second

- He's not put the sanctions on Russia that the senate voted for
- He refuses to condemn Russia over a chemical weapon attack on a NATO ally

I wasn't sure that tape existed before, but I'm pretty sure Putin has something on Trump now.

Or as twitter says

"Complete silence from Donald Trump. If a brownish guy had so much as brandished a butter knife, he'd be on his third tweet and threatening air strikes, but Russians releasing chemical weapons in a busy high street of his closest NATO ally is obviously a much more nuanced issue."
This user liked this post: Corky

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 am

Sidney1st wrote:Amusingly no, he hasn't.

Going to be interesting when he does though, because that great big democratic country, good old US of A has had its democratic process messed about with so much I'm looking forward to the next election.
There must be loads of them who've lost faith in the process after this one.

Downside is if Clinton went for it again and won, I suspect she'd be looking for somewhere new to invade.
Next big election day is in November and Trump has done nothing (literally spent nothing of the money that was given to his State Department specifically to do this) to prevent Russia from interfering again.
The good news is that the Republicans are on track to lose control of the House of Representatives, despite their gerrymandered advantage. But it's 7 months away yet and the left are typically **** at turning up for Midterm elections in America so we'll see what happens.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:50 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:he hasn't gone yet no

I wasn't sure that tape existed before, but I'm pretty sure Putin has something on Trump now.

Or as twitter says

"Complete silence from Donald Trump. If a brownish guy had so much as brandished a butter knife, he'd be on his third tweet and threatening air strikes, but Russians releasing chemical weapons in a busy high street of his closest NATO ally is obviously a much more nuanced issue."
I don't think andy understands anything about the American system of government, or just how partisan the Republicans are. He doesn't get it that they're the ones who control the entire government and while they'll impeach Clinton over lying about getting a blowjob they would never impeach a president of their own party, not even for being a Manchurian candidate.

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:06 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:he hasn't gone yet no

Or as twitter says

Well this is awkward
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2 ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IMG_20180313_150817.jpg
IMG_20180313_150817.jpg (382.36 KiB) Viewed 2390 times

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Quite aside from whether Trump is/isn't a Russian patsy and the previous 300 posts of bickering does anyone else find this quote a little strange:

“It sounds like they (British) believe it was Russia and we will take that as fact.

“We’ll be sticking by the British.

He added: “As soon as we get the facts straight, if we agree with them, we will condemn Russia or whoever it may be.”

It seems to be reported as the full quote but it doesn't make much sense with the third line contradicting the first.

EDIT: The full quote:

Well it sounds to me, I’m speaking to Theresa May today. It sounds to me like it would be Russia based on all of the evidence they have.

I don’t know if they’ve come to a conclusion, but she’s calling me today.

Trump added:

Theresa May is going to be speaking to me today. It sounds to me like they believe it was Russia and I would certainly take that finding as fact ...

As soon as we get the facts straight and we are going to be speaking with the British today, we’re speaking with Theresa May today, and as soon as we get the facts straight, if we agree with them, we will condemn Russia or whoever it may be.

But I have not spoken to her, I’ll speak to her sometime today.

Still pretty contradictory

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:48 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I don't think andy understands anything about the American system of government, or just how partisan the Republicans are. He doesn't get it that they're the ones who control the entire government and while they'll impeach Clinton over lying about getting a blowjob they would never impeach a president of their own party, not even for being a Manchurian candidate.
Those pesky votes voting for those pesky Republicans, just like those pesky voters voting for brexit, democracy eh ?
This user liked this post: Uwe Noble

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:59 pm

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when i read that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had condemned Russia for the nerve agent attack. Today Trump fired him - by tweet.

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:02 pm

In Rex Tillerson's words, Trump is a f*cking moron.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Not really Damo

if its a brown person with a knife, trump tweets about it within about five minutes.

if its a Russian chemical attack on a NATO ally, he waits for what? Three/four days?

Like everything else about this sorry sack of ****, its all out there so you can work it out for yourself*

*but I get why people don't want too, people hate, I mean REALLY hate being wrong about stuff on here.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Which is easier to condemn without engaging the brain?

Brown person with a knife, or a country with nuclear and chemical weapons?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Never stopped him before Sid

He's ****** off or annoyed everyone on twitter apart from Nazis and Putin.

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Yes, how completely irrational of him to wait for some facts before condemning Russia.
He should be a lot more emotive like you and Charlie. Post first and hope the facts support you later

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:35 pm

See previous post Damo

Its never stopped him before.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Which is easier to condemn without engaging the brain?

Brown person with a knife, or a country with nuclear and chemical weapons?
:lol:

You think the reason he doesn't ever criticise Putin and almost never criticises Russia is because he's being diplomatically sensitive about a foreign nuclear power?

Really?

REALLY?

But, sure. Maybe you're right. Maybe the reason he won't criticise Russia over the attack is diplomacy. He's so well known for his diplomatic skills. Or maybe you could stop trying to explain away the words and acts of this crazy wannabe dictator.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:46 pm

What do you suppose the difference is between Russia and N. Korea?

If you need any help with it could I point you in the direction of the military might and capability.
If you're still struggling after that..... I can't help you.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1354 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when i read that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had condemned Russia for the nerve agent attack. Today Trump fired him - by tweet.
You'd think that he would at least pretend that he's not Putin's pocket, wouldn't you?

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4256 times

Post by Greenmile » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:53 pm

aggi wrote:Quite aside from whether Trump is/isn't a Russian patsy and the previous 300 posts of bickering does anyone else find this quote a little strange:

“It sounds like they (British) believe it was Russia and we will take that as fact.

“We’ll be sticking by the British.

He added: “As soon as we get the facts straight, if we agree with them, we will condemn Russia or whoever it may be.”

It seems to be reported as the full quote but it doesn't make much sense with the third line contradicting the first.

EDIT: The full quote:

Well it sounds to me, I’m speaking to Theresa May today. It sounds to me like it would be Russia based on all of the evidence they have.

I don’t know if they’ve come to a conclusion, but she’s calling me today.

Trump added:

Theresa May is going to be speaking to me today. It sounds to me like they believe it was Russia and I would certainly take that finding as fact ...

As soon as we get the facts straight and we are going to be speaking with the British today, we’re speaking with Theresa May today, and as soon as we get the facts straight, if we agree with them, we will condemn Russia or whoever it may be.

But I have not spoken to her, I’ll speak to her sometime today.

Still pretty contradictory
Only Trump would say (slightly paraphrased) “we will ascertain the facts, then if we agree with them we will do something about it”

Facts are facts, whether you agree with them or not.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Sidney1st wrote:What do you suppose the difference is between Russia and N. Korea?

If you need any help with it could I point you in the direction of the military might and capability.
If you're still struggling after that..... I can't help you.

Oooh. Nice goalposts. So now it's not about nuclear and chemical weapons. Now it's about military might.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:55 pm

Greenmile wrote: Facts are facts, whether you agree with them or not.
Not to Republicans. Remember "alternative facts"?

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Oooh. Nice goalposts. So now it's not about nuclear and chemical weapons. Now it's about military might.
Same stuff so no I haven't moved any goal posts to your disappointment, that's normally your trick.

So again, do you pick on the big kid in the playground who can give it back equally or the little kid?
I'm making this as easy as possible for you to understand.
There's a reason why hardly any US president has picked a fight directly with Russia on the battlefield.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Same stuff so no I haven't moved any goal posts to your disappointment, that's normally your trick.

Find one example

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Same stuff so no I haven't moved any goal posts to your disappointment, that's normally your trick.

So again, do you pick on the big kid in the playground who can give it back equally or the little kid?
I'm making this as easy as possible for you to understand.
There's a reason why hardly any US president has picked a fight directly with Russia on the battlefield.

And how many have directly picked a fight with North Korea "on the battlefield"? Your logic is nonsense.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Nope, you post a lot, I'm not spending the evening trawling through your guff.
Last edited by Sidney1st on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:15 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:And how many have directly picked a fight with North Korea "on the battlefield"? Your logic is nonsense.
Korean War ring a bell in that head of yours?

You don't like my answer, it's fine, I can live with it.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Anyway, I'll not waste my time arguing with you.

People will complain again that the board is being ruined or tell me to stop posting as much.

Don't want to hit my quote to soon.

Have fun playing kids.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:22 pm

To be fair, the Korean War wasn't the USA starting with N. Korea, it was all the West helping South Korea (who were directly at war with N.Korea).

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:33 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Korean War ring a bell in that head of yours?

You don't like my answer, it's fine, I can live with it.
The US didn't pick that fight. Their ally was invaded and they defended them.

Why is it that you bend over backwards so much to defend Trump?

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 pm

The Trump/Russia dossier is complete BS and when the truth comes out it will lead us to the only Russian collaborator in this whole fiasco, namely Hilary Clinton.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:42 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:The Trump/Russia dossier is complete BS and when the truth comes out it will lead us to the only Russian collaborator in this whole fiasco, namely Hilary Clinton.
Hahahahaha.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:The Trump/Russia dossier is complete BS and when the truth comes out it will lead us to the only Russian collaborator in this whole fiasco, namely Hilary Clinton.
Too obvious. Troll rating: 2/10

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3340 times
Has Liked: 1959 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Has he not just quoted a Trump tweet?

bluelabrador16
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Post by bluelabrador16 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:29 pm

Russia won’t respond to UK ultimatum until samples of alleged chemical weapon received – Lavrov
“We have certainly heard the ultimatum voiced in London,” Lavrov said on Tuesday. “The spokesperson for the Foreign Ministry has commented on our attitude to this,” he added referring to Maria Zakharova branding of May’s appearance in Parliament as a “circus.”

He added that a case of alleged use of chemical weapons should be handled through the proper channel, being the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) – of which both Russia and Britain are members.

“As soon as the rumors came up that the poisoning of Skripal involved a Russia-produced agent, which almost the entire English leadership has been fanning up, we sent an official request for access to this compound so that our experts could test it in accordance with the Chemical Weapons Convention,” Lavrov said. So far the request has been ignored by the British side, he added.

The minister affirmed that Russia has nothing to do with the poisoning of Skripal and would assist Britain in the investigation, provided that London meets its own obligations as to how such probes are to be handled.

The OPCW rules allow Britain in this case to send a request to Russia on the suspected Russian-made chemical weapon and expect a response within 10 days, Lavrov explained. If the response is not satisfactory, Britain would have to file a complaint with the organization’s executive council and the conference of CWC member-states, he said.

For its part, Russia expects Britain to share evidence on the Skripal case, Lavrov stated. The former double agent and his daughter Yulia, who was also poisoned, hold Russian citizenship, so Russia has a right to know how the apparent attempt on their lives is being investigated, the foreign minister said.

https://www.rt.com/news/421126-lavrov-r ... k-skripal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:47 pm

In a few weeks (when the Inspector General report comes out) I am looking forward to some hefty portions of humble pie being consumed by Imploding Turtle et al.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:In a few weeks (when the Inspector General report comes out) I am looking forward to some hefty portions of humble pie being consumed by Imploding Turtle et al.
I'm quoting this just so you can't delete it.

And it's worth mentioning that the IG isn't probing the Trump/Russia scandal. That's Robert Mueller. What Horowitz is looking at is if there was anti-Trump bias in the FBI in 2016 and how they handled the Clinton email probe.
Just wanted to get that out there before you try to suggest tht because he doesn't mention the Trump/Russia scandal, either much or at all, that it must mean there's nothing there.

TractorFace
Been Liked: 117 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Post by TractorFace » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Yesterday Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson called Russia "an irresponsible force of instability in the world, acting with open disregard for the sovereignty of other states and the life of their citizens."

Today, Tillerson is no longer Secretary of State.

bluelabrador16

Post by bluelabrador16 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Sounder
"Common sense suggests that this situation is similar to the way western powers supply chemical weapons to takfiri headchoppers in Syria, knowing with confidence that they, still going strong MSM, will pin the **** on Assad, thereby turning the killing of civilians to Western tactical advantage.

Making passive media consumers implicitly complicit in ongoing war crimes.

If Russians did the deed then MSM consumers are not complicit, and this produces a strong incentive to maintain the 'Russia did it" narrative.

Same with Assad and Russia-gate. Rationality has been abandoned in preference to a death promoting group-think that passionately believes itself to 'represent' humanitarian ideals.

And that dear friends, is bullshit.
"
http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... =8&t=40882" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vanessa Beeley Exposes the White Helmets.................The Corbett Report
"For the past two years, Vanessa Beeley has been doing on-the-ground reporting in Syria exposing the lies of the NATO powers and their terrorist proxies. Her work on the White Helmets in particular has drawn the ire of the warmongers and their media mouthpieces. Today we talk to Beeley about the true nature of the White Helmets and the well-funded PR campaign that seeks to defend them"

https://www.corbettreport.com/interview ... e-helmets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by bluelabrador16 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bluelabrador16

Post by bluelabrador16 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Duplicate Post

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I'm quoting this just so you can't delete it.

And it's worth mentioning that the IG isn't probing the Trump/Russia scandal. That's Robert Mueller. What Horowitz is looking at is if there was anti-Trump bias in the FBI in 2016 and how they handled the Clinton email probe.
Just wanted to get that out there before you try to suggest tht because he doesn't mention the Trump/Russia scandal, either much or at all, that it must mean there's nothing there.
WRONG. The IG is also investigating whether the FBI improperly used a fraudulent dossier to deceive a FISA judge to issue warrants to 'wiretap' political associates of Trump and possibly Trump himself. Given that the dossier is the basis of this Russian hoax, if it exposed for what it is, then the entire fiasco is over.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 pm

The internet is a dangerous thing for closed minds thats for sure.

TractorFace
Been Liked: 117 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Post by TractorFace » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:48 pm

It sure is. I don't understand some people's willingness to regurgitate any old pony, even when it defies common logic and makes them look like gullible simpletons.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:WRONG. The IG is also investigating whether the FBI improperly used a fraudulent dossier to deceive a FISA judge to issue warrants to 'wiretap' political associates of Trump and possibly Trump himself. Given that the dossier is the basis of this Russian hoax, if it exposed for what it is, then the entire fiasco is over.

It is not in any way the basis for the russian investigation. Even the Republicans admited that in their overhyped memo from a few weeks ago.

From the memo:

5) The Page FISA application also mentions information regarding fellow Trump campaign advisor George Papadopoulos, but there is no evidence of any cooperation or conspiracy between Page and Papadopoulos. The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016 by FBI agent Pete Strzok. Strzok was reassigned by the Special Counsel's Office to FBI Human Resources for improper text messages with his mistress, FBI Attorney Lisa Page (no known relation to Carter Page), where they both demonstrated a clear bias against Trump and in favor of Clinton, whom Strzok had also investigated. The Strzok/Lisa Page texts also reflect extensive discussions about the investigation, orchestrating leaks to the media, and include a meeting with Deputy Director McCabe to discuss an "insurance" policy against President Trump's election.

It was the Papadopolous information, not the Steele dossier, that is the basis of the FISA warrant.
Would you like to take another swing, once you pick yourself up from off your arse?

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:30 am

You're so desperate to refute other people that you don't even notice that your in evidence actually supports what I said. I repeat, the Steele dossier is the basis of the FISA application. This is supported by the testimony of Andrew McCabe, former deputy director of the FBI, in his testimony to the house committee and others. By contrast the Papadopoulos information "TRIGGERED the opening of an FBI counter-intelligence investigation in late July 2016" (your quote). My point us that if the Steele dossier remains unsubstantiated and it was the basis for Trump collusion then the whole thing collapses.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

So you support Mueller investigation going on and will support everything that it finds then?