Trump/Russia Dossier

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Re: Watergate II - Trump's Wet 'n' Wild Party

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Anyway,

An airplane was about to crash, and there were four people on board, but only three parachutes. The 1st passenger, NBA star player Steph Curry said "I'm too good at basketball to die, and my millions of fans need me" so he took the 1st chute and dived off the plane

The 2nd passenger, Donald Trump said "I'm the newly elected US President, and smartest president in US history, so my people don't want me to die" He took the 2nd pack and dived out of the plane.

The 3rd passenger, the Pope said to the 4th passenger, a 10 year old schoolboy "My son, my time is getting short, whilst yours is only just beginning, you take the last parachute"

The boy said "its okay your holiness, there is a parachute left for you, the smartest US president just took my schoolbag"
These 4 users liked this post: Imploding Turtle nil_desperandum Garforth Claret IanMcL

bluelabrador16
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Post by bluelabrador16 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:11 pm

Lancasterclaret

"Oh, and civilian targets

barrel bombing anything that moves"

Grow up!

Do you support ISIS, Daesch, Jabhat al Nusra, Head Choppers and the rest of the Takfiri terrorists/rapists. This lot are supported by the US. Do you support them?

I bet you are not bothered by the following:

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Grow up?

I know enough about US/NATO rules of engagement to know that the Russians and the Syrians don't have anything remotely comparable.

And they certainly don't have anything in their arsenal that resembles a barrel bomb, and more importantly, they don't have the political will to use them even if they did.

Pretending that Putin and Assad are somehow something other than mass murderers shows a distinct lack of knowledge in the area, which I thought was your speciality?

bluelabrador16

Post by bluelabrador16 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Israeli witness in Gaza: No water, no electricity and children dying unnecessarily

The devastation in Gaza in the aftermath of Israeli military operations in July 2014.

"... There are two million people there who are really suffering. I haven’t spoken with each and every person there but I can tell you that they are very weary. They’ve gone through three wars and are fed up. The vast majority there only want to lead a normal life, earn a living, educate their kids and have food and clothes for them. This simply doesn’t exist there. A father faces his children and can’t give them a thing. It pains him. That’s what I’m hearing from people there. I don’t hear them saying they want to come to Israel and blow themselves up here. I hear desperation.”

Israelis enjoy the spectacle of the Gaza bombardment in 2014

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:33 pm

During Obama’s first five years in office—four of which saw Clinton as secretary of state—the Obama Administration brokered $30 billion more in arms deals than George W. Bush did during his eight years in office.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/observer.c ... rabia/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bluelabrador16

Post by bluelabrador16 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Connect the dots:

1...A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm is a policy document that was prepared in 1996 by a study group led by Richard Perle for Benjamin Netanyahu, the then Prime Minister of Israel... " It has since been criticized for advocating an aggressive new policy including the removal of Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and the containment of Syria by engaging in proxy warfare and highlighting its possession of "weapons of mass destruction".

http://www.dougfeith.com/docs/Clean_Break.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2... The Oded Yinon ....

http://www.globalresearch.ca/greater-is ... st/5324815" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYrZkFEiY1I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3....Project for the New American Century 9/11 + “A New Pearl Harbour”

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/us_ints/nc-pilger.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4...ISIS is a US-Israeli Creation. Top Ten “Indications”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/isis-is-a- ... ns/5518627" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cui Bono!

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Wahay, you've gone back to your "its all the fault of Israel" default settings.

I must have won
These 2 users liked this post: morpheus2 4:20

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5178 times

Post by Rowls » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Yeah, sorry, got a bit annoyed there with you Rowls
You don't think there is anything wrong in the next US President basically refusing to talk to one of the biggest new corporations in the world, just because they report news that is unfavourable to him?
He called CNN a "fake news" station. Even Putin wouldn't go that far.
Well, I think Putin would go that far if something similar about him appeared (if it was a complete fabrication).

Whether this is or not, we don't know. We simply know that it is completely unsubstantiated and unverified.

Do I think there is anything wrong with US Presidents picking and choosing their questions? No more than politicians in general. Who they are willing to speak to shows a lot about them.

Would Blair allow Paxman to interview him? Nope.

Did politicians shy away from David Frost, post-Nixon? Undoubtedly.

Did Corbyn come across well on Radio 4 the other day? Apparently not.

Why was Cameron desperate for a public debate as opposition leader but luke warm as PM? Make your own mind up.

Throwing public paddies in press conferences is about as un-Presidential as it gets. He's brought it upon himself and he also has more of this crap than any of his predecessors. It's a self-sustaining circle of stupidity.

bluelabrador16

Post by bluelabrador16 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:05 pm

Lancasterclaret

I must have won.

Delusional and totally ignorant!

Try educating yourself, I've supplied enough links for you.

Otherwise, you come over as a shabbos goy, who is in dire need of a hasbara course. Your choice!

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:36 am

I don't need to educate myself on the conflict in the middle east, I read about it all the time, FROM BOTH SIDES*

*something you clearly don't do.

Do you know what sums you up, you've posted the same picture on two posts, exactly the same.

Problem is the first one is about a bomb attack and terrorists in Syria, while the second one is about Israel and Gaza. But its the same picture.

Are you really sure you want to continue this discussion? I mean your credibility is zero anyway so you've nothing to lose, but that is a new level for you

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:48 am

I think even Donald Trump has more credibility than Blue Lab, and he's lying or wrong more than half the time he opens his trap.
This user liked this post: morpheus2

bluelabrador16

Post by bluelabrador16 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:03 am

Lancasterclaret

"..Do you know what sums you up, you've posted the same picture on two posts, exactly the same...."
Doh!

The following might have given you a hint:

"I bet you are not bothered by the following:"

Lancasterclaret and Imploding Turtle...our hypocritical exceptionalists!

Back to reality:
Israeli rockets hit military airport near Damascus

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2017/01/1 ... e-Damascus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"A huge explosion has rocked a Syrian Air Force installation southwest of the capital Damascus, after the Israeli regime launched a rocket attack against a designated target at the site.....

...The Syrian military source called the missile attack against the Mezzeh airbase part of “desperate attempts by the Israeli enemy to support terrorist groups and raise their low morale.”

Comments: 83
Clearly an act of war! I'm sure LC and IT will agree.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:29 am

I'm appalled by pictures of bomb damage in civilian areas BL

But I don't pretend that its only done by one side.

You do.

Its mental, it undermines any argument you have, you only have bogus sources to back up your stuff and even your attempts to say the Israelis have attacked Syria (which I'm fully prepared to admit is something that they are well capable of and have done before) still has then attacking an airbase, which is a military target.

Now lets talk about barrel bombs, and indiscriminate bombing of Aleppo and other areas by Syrian and Russian troops and aircraft.

What do your sources say about that?

claretdom
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by claretdom » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:43 am

** We regret to announce that bluelab has had to log out **

Normal practice will be resumed once the website http://www.ihateisrael.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is back up and running

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:01 pm

To round things up. Joe Biden has said he and Obama was briefed on this and James Clapper has confirmed that Trump and Obama was briefed on this.
So despite Trump's protestations that it never happened, and his accusation against CNN of being "fake news" it turns out that CNN was absolutely right all along.

I wonder how many red faces there are belonging to those in this thread who were absolutely adamant that CNN were wrong/lying.

grapidianclaret
Been Liked: 317 times
Has Liked: 225 times

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:To round things up. Joe Biden has said he and Obama was briefed on this and James Clapper has confirmed that Trump and Obama was briefed on this.
So despite Trump's protestations that it never happened, and his accusation against CNN of being "fake news" it turns out that CNN was absolutely right all along.

I wonder how many red faces there are belonging to those in this thread who were absolutely adamant that CNN were wrong/lying.
None. Like the Trumpzis in America, they will ignore their obvious errors and double down on their support of the orange two hat.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:The problem with this is that if we consider a president not answering questions from a specific news organisation on the basis that freedom of the press is equal to a citizen's freedom of speech (it absolutely is) then that means any time a president refuses to answer a question he's violating the constitution. It's a massive over-reach to call this unconstitutional.

Trump can revoke CNN's White House credentials if he wants and he's still not violating the constitution because a president has no constitutional obligation to talk to them, or any press for that matter. All he's constitutionally obliged to do when it comes to addressing the public is to inform congress on the state of the union once a year.

The only thing preventing a president from getting rid of the White House press corps is that it would be political suicide and strategically unsound, but it's not illegal.

Apparently it's not political suicide after all.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/ne ... ite-house/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:39 pm

One of the main points of this dossier, that some of you said there wasn't any evidence of as if evidence only exists if it's public, has just been proven to be true. And this isn't the first time someone from the dossier has been shown as credible either, but it is the most significant, i think.

Briefly, it's shows that the Trump campaign, while not caring at all about what was in the Republican platform including stuff Trump is on record disagreeing with, they cared very much about one specific thing and that was about the stance against Russia in Ukraine. You should watch the video if you have time, it's ~16 mins long but if this interests you then it's required viewing, as is all of Maddow's reporting on the Trump-Russia issue.

https://youtu.be/8abLxGh_RQc?list=PLDIV ... hyu6bHl6iK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grapidianclaret
Been Liked: 317 times
Has Liked: 225 times

Re: Trump/Russia Dossier

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:24 am

There is a lot of smoke.

bluelabrador16

Post by bluelabrador16 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Thought this was an interesting read.

The Russian Scare ... By Israel Shamir March 10, 2017

http://www.unz.com/ishamir/the-russian-scare/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Full disclosure: I’ve met with Russians. I met with a Russian this morning. She brought me coffee. Such crazy and dangerous things can occur in Moscow. I am afraid the CIA and NSA could take notice of this meeting, and then it can be used – even against you. “You have perused an article by Israel Shamir. Were you aware he had Russian contacts?”

Though I am not too young, this is the first time I have witnessed such a witch-hunt....

And this leads us to the real villain of the story, the US intelligence community. It became so powerful that it decided to lead the country, the US, and the world, while keeping democratic institutions as a sham cover.

It is they, not timid Putin’s Russia, that is leading the world to its final Armageddon....

Now we have no doubt that the mass media is just another hacking tool in the CIA collection created to hack the most precious computers: your minds and your hearts."

Elbarad
Been Liked: 149 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Elbarad » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:35 pm

Or maybe the Democrats just funded the whole report....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41752908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know, it does't fit with the narrative many prefer here. But it does put a different slant on the question.

I had to go into the wayback machine to find this thread but here you go..

Edit: It also doesn't prove that nothing from the dossier was true. It just shows that the origins of the dossier were from his Republican primary opponents, and then his Democrat opponent. I wonder at what point does the author start writing for his audience/customer.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Elbarad wrote:Or maybe the Democrats just funded the whole report....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41752908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know, it does't fit with the narrative many prefer here. But it does put a different slant on the question.

I had to go into the wayback machine to find this thread but here you go..

Edit: It also doesn't prove that nothing from the dossier was true. It just shows that the origins of the dossier were from his Republican primary opponents, and then his Democrat opponent. I wonder at what point does the author start writing for his audience/customer.
"The opposition research was initially funded by an unknown Republican consulting firm, which pulled the plug once Mr Trump captured the party's nomination."

Nice try, but this isn't news.

And btw, "a lot" of the dossier has been corroborated. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... rated.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Charlie must feel a right idiot now

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Damo wrote:Charlie must feel a right idiot now
Why would that be? This isn't new. We've known that Democrats funded it, after Republicans funded it.

Don't believe me? OK. Go to the very first post of this thread. Click the CNN link, and you'll find this paragraph:

"The raw memos on which the synopsis is based were prepared by the former MI6 agent, who was posted in Russia in the 1990s and now runs a private intelligence gathering firm. His investigations related to Mr. Trump were initially funded by groups and donors supporting Republican opponents of Mr. Trump during the GOP primaries, multiple sources confirmed to CNN. Those sources also said that once Mr. Trump became the nominee, further investigation was funded by groups and donors supporting Hillary Clinton."

So, i guess it's you who must be feeling pretty stupid right now.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:18 pm

Sen. Feinstein has released the transcript from Glenn Simpson's 10-hour testimony on this issue.

Grab your popcorn.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comme ... es_fusion/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Testimony

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Going to be pretty hard to bury this one as "fake news"

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:20 pm

Serious question now.

IF it's proven that the Russians manipulated the US Election process, what happens next?
War?
Another election?
Would another election be trusted?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:18 am

Sidney1st wrote:Serious question now.

IF it's proven that the Russians manipulated the US Election process, what happens next?
War?
Another election?
Would another election be trusted?
It's all but proven already. But nothing would happen. Plenty should happen but the Republicans seem to be fine with the Russians interfering since it's on their behalf. They even threatened Obama when he brought it to them before the last election.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:02 am

Has he gone yet ?

Chobulous
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Chobulous » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:49 am

claretandy wrote:Has he gone yet ?
Who? Turtle? Thought he had over Xmas,what with all the football related threads and all that, but looks like he's back now.
These 2 users liked this post: Sidney1st Damo

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:52 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:It's all but proven already. But nothing would happen. Plenty should happen but the Republicans seem to be fine with the Russians interfering since it's on their behalf. They even threatened Obama when he brought it to them before the last election.
Ok so it hasn't been proven beyond reasonable doubt yet then?

If there was another election, would it work because I can't see the yanks trusting the outcome of it.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:52 am

Chobulous wrote:Who? Turtle? Thought he had over Xmas,what with all the football related threads and all that, but looks like he's back now.
He was saving himself up for one big splurge about Trump.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:08 am

Sidney1st wrote:Ok so it hasn't been proven beyond reasonable doubt yet then?

If there was another election, would it work because I can't see the yanks trusting the outcome of it.

17 US intelligence agencies concluding it happened isn't enough for you?

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:45 am

The Russians may well have fiddled with the US election, but it shouldn’t hide the fact that tens of millions of left behind Yanks voted for Trump in good conscience, think he is doing a good job, and would vote similarly again. His tax plan is one area where it may well flop, but equally it could fuel an economic boom that gets many in work and with increasing wages. Depends on whether the wealth that the top 10% are benefitting from is invested into employment opportunities under them,

I sense most of the hatred from the liberal elite around the world is against his tone and manner, yet they naively forget that this tone and manner is mirrored in many of those that voted for him, and they like that tone and manner. It beggars belief to me that this elite search continuously for a smoking gun, whereas a similarly outrageous chap on the left, like Corbyn, will get a free pass for all kinds of dodgy beliefs. Do they not realise how anti-democratic their constant claims of anti-democratic behaviour are? There is a liberal elite in the US, just like here, who have lived life in a narrow corridor of experience, talking to folk just like them and never expanding their mind, they just happily milk their career success while sipping their latte. It’s dangerous, due to these people the West is continuously declining.

My instinct is that he won’t be a great president, but he was voted in and the public deserve to see how it goes. Boot him out in an elite “coup” and we will start to enter an even more unpredictable time.

4:20
Been Liked: 1066 times
Has Liked: 1193 times

Post by 4:20 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:54 am

I retract and I'm not getting involved with this. It was foolish of me.
Last edited by 4:20 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:13 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:17 US intelligence agencies concluding it happened isn't enough for you?
I don't read all the morning intelligence updates sorry, must've missed those when I was reading the news.

Geoff
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Geoff » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:21 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:17 US intelligence agencies concluding it happened isn't enough for you?
Do you have sources? I'm particularly interested in reading the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency's conclusions. Or that of the Drug Enforcement Administration – Office of National Security Intelligence.

Thanks in advance darling.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:37 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:The Russians may well have fiddled with the US election, but it shouldn’t hide the fact that tens of millions of left behind Yanks voted for Trump in good conscience, think he is doing a good job, and would vote similarly again. His tax plan is one area where it may well flop, but equally it could fuel an economic boom that gets many in work and with increasing wages. Depends on whether the wealth that the top 10% are benefitting from is invested into employment opportunities under them,

I sense most of the hatred from the liberal elite around the world is against his tone and manner, yet they naively forget that this tone and manner is mirrored in many of those that voted for him, and they like that tone and manner. It beggars belief to me that this elite search continuously for a smoking gun, whereas a similarly outrageous chap on the left, like Corbyn, will get a free pass for all kinds of dodgy beliefs. Do they not realise how anti-democratic their constant claims of anti-democratic behaviour are? There is a liberal elite in the US, just like here, who have lived life in a narrow corridor of experience, talking to folk just like them and never expanding their mind, they just happily milk their career success while sipping their latte. It’s dangerous, due to these people the West is continuously declining.

My instinct is that he won’t be a great president, but he was voted in and the public deserve to see how it goes. Boot him out in an elite “coup” and we will start to enter an even more unpredictable time.

Crosspool has my posts blocked so he won't get to appreciate this fact, but he says that Trump's tax plan is where he might flop. Isn't it funny then that the only thing Trump has managed to actually get done is his tax plan? So Crosspool thinks that of Trump's legislative achievments, 100% of them might be "one area where it may well flop".

Of course, those liberals he is so scornful of were the same people warning the idiots who voted for him that he is a charlatan and has no interest in them - as proven by his tax plan which goes and increases the taxes of those idiots.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:37 am

Geoff wrote:Do you have sources? I'm particularly interested in reading the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency's conclusions. Or that of the Drug Enforcement Administration – Office of National Security Intelligence.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-17- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:40 am

Geoff wrote:Do you have sources? I'm particularly interested in reading the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency's conclusions. Or that of the Drug Enforcement Administration – Office of National Security Intelligence.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-17- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/us/p ... i-nsa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:48 am

Always interesting when something is clearly wrong but is then considered right because you agree with it.

Anyone who can't see how destabilising the democratic system and casting doubt on elections legitimacy or find anything wrong with that is at best, very short sighted or at worst, well, its pretty obvious.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:52 am

How exactly did Russia influence the election?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:58 am

It tried to, and it will try to again, having learnt some lessons from it.

And this is the big one, if its proved that Trump knew about the meeting between his aides and the Russians to get info on Clinton, then he's toast.

And that would be "Russia influencing the election".

What Putin has managed to do in Russia is to stabilize it, rebuild it and become a 2nd rate power. He knows they can't be more than that, but if he can destabilize his enemies political systems then he can certainly make Russia stronger.

With his moves in the Crimea and the Ukraine, you'd have to be a journalist on Russia Today not to join up the dots on his long term plan. He'll only be able to do that though if his enemies are weakened or distracted, and that means the US, the EU and NATO.

Course, Brexit is a British decision (and I'm not claiming anything other than that) but its very good news for Russia and Putin.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:38 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:It tried to, and it will try to again, having learnt some lessons from it.

And this is the big one, if its proved that Trump knew about the meeting between his aides and the Russians to get info on Clinton, then he's toast.

And that would be "Russia influencing the election".

What Putin has managed to do in Russia is to stabilize it, rebuild it and become a 2nd rate power. He knows they can't be more than that, but if he can destabilize his enemies political systems then he can certainly make Russia stronger.

With his moves in the Crimea and the Ukraine, you'd have to be a journalist on Russia Today not to join up the dots on his long term plan. He'll only be able to do that though if his enemies are weakened or distracted, and that means the US, the EU and NATO.

Course, Brexit is a British decision (and I'm not claiming anything other than that) but its very good news for Russia and Putin.
It was pretty clear where Trump's loyalties laid when the only thing he wanted to change in a Republican campaign platform that he largely disagreed with was to soften the American position on the Russia/Ukraine crisis.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:02 am

Putin quite obviously gets up to all sorts, but having listened to a few hours of interviews between him and Oliver Stone in that series that was on Sky Atlantic last year, I couldn’t help but agree with a lot of his points.

I don’t agree at all with fiddling in elections over here, but no doubt we get up to the same all over the world, ensuring leaders of our choice get in.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:10 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
I don’t agree at all with fiddling in elections over here, but no doubt we get up to the same all over the world, ensuring leaders of our choice get in.
The Yanks normally just ensure a 'revolution' or such like happens in a country where they want the leader to step down, they've been at it for years so watching the complaints about external interference in their elections is highly amusing.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:25 am

Yay, noticing a lot of this recently "Well its bad obviously, but "insert other side" are just as bad."

Murdering journalists and political opponents?

Yeah, we do that all the time.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:34 am

Just so I'm clear, when is the new deadline for trump to be gone by ?

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:37 am

Due to this forum I was convinced he would be gone during the last year.

Maybe they've extended the deadline for a bit?

Turtle is the expert.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:41 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Yay, noticing a lot of this recently "Well its bad obviously, but "insert other side" are just as bad."

Murdering journalists and political opponents?

Yeah, we do that all the time.
It's a fairly obvious deflection tactic. Up there with "we interfere too". These people aren't democrats and they're not interested in fair representation. In the US it's been going on quite blatently. Not just the whole "corporations are people, my friend" bullshit that turned money into free speech, but gerrymandering voting districts to guarentee Republican majorities in the House of Representatives coupled with the neutering of the Voting Rights Act, and also Voter I.D. laws that are intended disenfranchise people who tend to vote for Democrats because of this imagined problem of in-person voter fraud.

The right-wing in America have been cheating at this for a long time so it shouldn't really be a surprise that they are quite happy to turn a blind eye when Russia also help them win elections. But anyone who mentions any of this is a "sore loser" to those people who are quite happy if they don't live in a democracy, as long as their side is who's in power.