Nothing to criticise at Burnley.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Nothing to criticise at Burnley.

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:38 pm

For all the whingers and tactical geniuses who obviously know where Sean Dyche was getting it wrong, how doyou feel thesedays?

10th in the Premier league with another home victory this afternoon. Just 17 games to go,and here we are at half way point in the Premier league table.
Barton was an exquisite addition, and lo and behold, first game back and he works his magic to secure all three points against a very fine side.
Full houses, watching us take wins against household name teams with BIG name players who cost tens of millions.
Bookies and pundits beggining to regret their predictions now.
Prospect of additional players coming to help our cause as we approach the remaining games.
Burnley are looking in pretty good shape that's for sure.
What an incredible achievement for the manager and his squad.Brilliant! Thoroughlly absorbed by it all as a lifelong fan. Couldn't be happier.
These 6 users liked this post: dpinsussex Siddo CaptJohn RingoMcCartney Burnley_Gal SussexDon1inIreland

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Re: Nothing to criticise at Burnley.

Post by Lord Beamish » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:41 pm

How does your alter ego Ablue feel?

burnley007
Been Liked: 630 times
Has Liked: 667 times

Post by burnley007 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:42 pm

And Gawthorpe...
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Inchy
Been Liked: 1332 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Away form is shite

I don't care absolutely loving it

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:How does your alter ego Ablue feel?
as expected beamish, not a solitary word in praise or agreement, instead just inane , turgid old nonsense which was done to death about a year ago regarding Ablueclaret.
Do you actually follow Burnley ? or do you just hover above the posts of real fans awaiting your chance to be a scavenger and say something distasteful for the sake of it.
This user liked this post: Inchysince93

Clarethalffull
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Clarethalffull » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:00 am

We only won 1-0!!! Dyche Out!!!

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:58 am

only one nil, but it was a fairy tale one nil thanks to joe barton and his clean (not deflected)amazing free kick. what a story.

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1356 times
Has Liked: 2917 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:00 am

burnley007 wrote:And Gawthorpe...
??????

ablueclaret
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by ablueclaret » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:25 am

SD deserves credit for three important wins at home which make a longer stay in the division a growing reality.
You might remember I said I felt we could get into the top 10 given the fact that I believe we have about the best balanced defence in the League.
My frustration with SD has always been his relative inflexibility, he would call it keeping to the framework. I happen to believe this squad can play better football and if he was a little more flexible we could see better performances (perhaps not results).
Away from home the framework doesn't work and he needs to try another plan but I guess whilst he can conquer all at home it really won't matter.
At least he saw the possibility of Barnes and Gray together and his substitutions are becoming more proactive, but I'd like to see a much greater use of Tarka and possibly the introduction from the bench of Agyei to partner Gray in a more fluid and pacy front two.
However even a serial critic like me has to acknowledge SD is beginning to master this division and he deserves great credit for that.
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

Notsosuperstevedavis
Been Liked: 101 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Notsosuperstevedavis » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:28 am

Only one problem ABC, he's paid to get results. Not performances

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:32 am

Sean Dyche is a manager still learning. He'll make mistakes. However, I'm glad he's making them as manager of Burnley football club.
This user liked this post: califclaret

ablueclaret

Post by ablueclaret » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:33 am

Absolutely and as long as his methods are successful nobody at this club will be moaning, but from my point of view I Believe we could put on better performances and do as well just as long as we keep that defensive unit. The players in midfield are experienced enough to be set-up and play in different ways and I think SD doesn't always appreciate their potential.

ablueclaret

Post by ablueclaret » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:35 am

Sometimes I do wish for a different style and a bit more panache but whilst SD and his side pick up points few besides myself will moan.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:37 am

Already more wins than last time, nothing to criticise here.

1968claret
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by 1968claret » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:09 pm

I do sort of get the desire for prettier football but really I think that is just being greedy.
Having watched Burnley for 40 years, if you can't just sit back and enjoy the current season then really I don't think you will ever be happy. Can it get any better? Who knows, but it sure has been a hell of a lot worse.
So I am going to enjoy every minute of this while it lasts.
These 2 users liked this post: RingoMcCartney Woodleyclaret

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:23 pm

It's interesting that both the Sun and Mirrors' reporters talk of how we were flat, struggled, coughed and spluttered yesterday. Sure, at times we were put in danger by a big, quick and very mobile Saints side but I thought we deserved at least a point. We played well against a very good side I thought Saints would do us two or three nil before the game. We were strong, reasonably direct and kept our shape remarkably well.
If we play like that on a regular basis, we'll see off quite a few more teams yet.

Flat Stanley
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by Flat Stanley » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Dyche is a great manager. Glad here is here and getting the most out of what we have. I am enjoying winning games but have to admit the football is often dreadful to watch. This team can play some nice stuff at times but not often enough. Went with two neutrals yesterday who were bored out of their brains. If we were getting beat playing like this (at home) I would be really annoyed. The point is that we are doing what it takes to win and hopefully stay in the league. Hopefully slightly more attractive football will come with better players we can add if we stay up. Can't imagine Dyche changing approach too much but it would be nice to see a little less long ball and percentage stuff

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1356 times
Has Liked: 2917 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:32 pm

I'll put up with winning ugly this season if that's what it takes to keep us up, then on to the summer transfer window and strengthen again.

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:59 pm

I will put up with the long balls if they are as good as the one Joey Barton played to Boyd yesterday. If that pass is played in the Merseyside Manchester overhyped bull **** on show today the player making that pass will be loaded as a world class performer
This user liked this post: 1968claret

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:22 pm

And 10th most profitable club in Europe!! (So they say)

Zom Zom
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Post by Zom Zom » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:22 pm

There is a thread on utc somewhere, recalling games against Colchester and Hereford from our darkest days. No money, little ability, small attendances and heavy home defeats by clubs we never thought we would have to compete against.

And then we have this thread. Talk about extremes! So many folk seem to claim they were there in those dark days, but surely a good percentage were, and for those of us who witnessed things unfold first hand in 86 and 87, this must really be Roy of the Rovers stuff. It is for me.

That blind optimism generated by naivety, always had me believing that one day our time would come. The More the game changed, with big clubs spending money we can only dream of and clubs suddenly finding wealthy backers from out of nowhere, I felt that optimism drifting away. And here we are. Tenth in the Premier League. Players courted by big clubs. The manager continuing to impress, and a damn good business sense set up in the boardroom.

Tenth.

The tenth best team in the COUNTRY at the moment. Heady days indeed. Thanks to all concerned. Sean Dyche. What an impact you have had. Top man.
These 4 users liked this post: Wile E Coyote Paul Waine keith1879 Carnsmerry12

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Is this thread a joke? you're one of the biggest moaners on here Wile, ever since you have signed up you have been critical of everything, at least be honest to yourself and stop waffling crap you don't believe. Embrace the fact you're a negative fan, stop trying to hide it.

biggles
Been Liked: 182 times
Has Liked: 156 times

Post by biggles » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:08 pm

in contrast to our previous stays in the prem we are getting wins whereas previously we might have got a draw. we are getting wins even when we have fewer chances than our opponents and are, perhaps, second best. this prem team/squad is easily our best ever. the team spirit, fitness and effort are hugely responsible for getting us these wins. you can't help but admire and love 'em. long way to go, as yet, for safety so let's not get ahead of ourselves. i reckon that if our luck holds out another 5 or 6 wins might do it.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:15 pm

KRBFC wrote:Is this thread a joke? you're one of the biggest moaners on here Wile, ever since you have signed up you have been critical of everything, at least be honest to yourself and stop waffling crap you don't believe. Embrace the fact you're a negative fan, stop trying to hide it.
At least you are consistent in your view unlike some.

Oxford definition of fickle: 'changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections'

And it took about 10 seconds to find an example of WC's (a good acronym because a lot of what he writes on here belongs down the toilet):

Call it disloyal, call it anything you want, my opinion is we will get battered from pillar to post from the first game till the last.
Sean Dyche pulled off a MAJOR miracle last season, even in the Championship, the monies available to rival clubs was unavailable at Burnley.
He still fashioned a promotion team from what he had. Fantastic achievement.
I haven't got a clue what's been happening "Behind the scenes" One thing seems evident,Burnley cannot hope to withstand the weight of talent that we will be facing from Saturday with the current squad.No Chance.
I don't know if a blame game is appropriate because I have no idea how it all works at boardroom level. Perhaps they have done all they could do improve the team and chase the targets down.
For those that criticise negativity about this recruitment issue, it is as nothing compared to the levels of hostility last season towards our own players.
Think back to the anti Boyd posts !! not just a few, hundreds , and on a weekly basis. It went on virtually all season unabated.
Same with Juke, same with Gray even. The midfield saga continues as I type.
Within days, we will be up against well organised and massively wealthy clubs. Barely any decent business done at the Turf as far as I can make out.
I suppose if your a fan there is little to be done other than accept things and get on with it. And I will.
My instinct tells me Sean Dyche will have expected far more from the club than he's got. He will be gone as soon as he can.
Why would he repel offers from other clubs in future if this is all he gets for remaining loyal to Burnley?
Team spirit, underdog mentality, high fitness levels will count for nothing against a tidal wave of Premier league brilliance.
There doesn't seem to be any crumbs of comfort for the fans or manager to feed on. Even if we acquire an eleventh hour signing, it won't do much unless its Jesus Christ in a clarets shirt. Obviously the bookies had us down from the off, I don't think we have done much to avert another crisis though.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 pm

biggles wrote:in contrast to our previous stays in the prem we are getting wins whereas previously we might have got a draw. we are getting wins even when we have fewer chances than our opponents and are, perhaps, second best. this prem team/squad is easily our best ever. the team spirit, fitness and effort are hugely responsible for getting us these wins. you can't help but admire and love 'em. long way to go, as yet, for safety so let's not get ahead of ourselves. i reckon that if our luck holds out another 5 or 6 wins might do it.
If we got another 5 or 6 wins we'd be somewhere between 41-44 points. I think it's fair to say from this point onwards that would be more than enough! :)

biggles
Been Liked: 182 times
Has Liked: 156 times

Post by biggles » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:24 pm

spijed - you are probably right but i'll only be chilled about it when we get another 4 wins. it'd be sooo good to go into the last couple of games safe.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:29 pm

taio wrote:At least you are consistent in your view unlike some.

Oxford definition of fickle: 'changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections'

And it took about 10 seconds to find an example of WC's (a good acronym because a lot of what he writes on here belongs down the toilet):

Call it disloyal, call it anything you want, my opinion is we will get battered from pillar to post from the first game till the last.
Sean Dyche pulled off a MAJOR miracle last season, even in the Championship, the monies available to rival clubs was unavailable at Burnley.
He still fashioned a promotion team from what he had. Fantastic achievement.
I haven't got a clue what's been happening "Behind the scenes" One thing seems evident,Burnley cannot hope to withstand the weight of talent that we will be facing from Saturday with the current squad.No Chance.
I don't know if a blame game is appropriate because I have no idea how it all works at boardroom level. Perhaps they have done all they could do improve the team and chase the targets down.
For those that criticise negativity about this recruitment issue, it is as nothing compared to the levels of hostility last season towards our own players.
Think back to the anti Boyd posts !! not just a few, hundreds , and on a weekly basis. It went on virtually all season unabated.
Same with Juke, same with Gray even. The midfield saga continues as I type.
Within days, we will be up against well organised and massively wealthy clubs. Barely any decent business done at the Turf as far as I can make out.
I suppose if your a fan there is little to be done other than accept things and get on with it. And I will.
My instinct tells me Sean Dyche will have expected far more from the club than he's got. He will be gone as soon as he can.
Why would he repel offers from other clubs in future if this is all he gets for remaining loyal to Burnley?
Team spirit, underdog mentality, high fitness levels will count for nothing against a tidal wave of Premier league brilliance.
There doesn't seem to be any crumbs of comfort for the fans or manager to feed on. Even if we acquire an eleventh hour signing, it won't do much unless its Jesus Christ in a clarets shirt. Obviously the bookies had us down from the off, I don't think we have done much to avert another crisis though.
Hahahaha exactly my point :lol:

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:39 pm

KRBFC wrote:Is this thread a joke? you're one of the biggest moaners on here Wile, ever since you have signed up you have been critical of everything, at least be honest to yourself and stop waffling crap you don't believe. Embrace the fact you're a negative fan, stop trying to hide it.
you are inevitably mistaken , on the contrary, i post positive comments.
I have long been a defender of George Boyd on here when he has been vilified.
Occasionally i get frustrated at certain things on the pitch, who doesn't. You are possibly getting mixed up with my posts directed at idiot posters such as yourself, they can be critical and rightly so. I am an advocate of honest opinions, therfore i dislike gooey , syruppy posts saying all is well when it isn't. Fans on a messageboard should be able to express their beliefs. However, that doesn't mark me out as a hypocrie.
You're a dullard forsaying I do. Wrong again .

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:42 pm

actually they are good well written pieces, i am quite proud of them.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:actually they are good well written pieces, i am quite proud of them.
I still can't work out which one of your alter egos I like the most. Wile or Ablue. Your both utterly and irredeemably hat-stand, but you're quite entertaining in your own ways.

ablueclaret

Post by ablueclaret » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:53 pm

As I'm not allowed to start a thread, I'll say it on here, Agyei and Gray for 30 minutes on Tuesday.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:55 pm

ablueclaret wrote:As I'm not allowed to start a thread, I'll say it on here, Agyei and Gray for 30 minutes on Tuesday.
Why don't you just do it as Wile E Coyote?
Last edited by Lord Beamish on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:you are inevitably mistaken , on the contrary, i post positive comments.
I have long been a defender of George Boyd on here when he has been vilified.
Occasionally i get frustrated at certain things on the pitch, who doesn't. You are possibly getting mixed up with my posts directed at idiot posters such as yourself, they can be critical and rightly so. I am an advocate of honest opinions, therfore i dislike gooey , syruppy posts saying all is well when it isn't. Fans on a messageboard should be able to express their beliefs. However, that doesn't mark me out as a hypocrie.
You're a dullard forsaying I do. Wrong again .
Contradict yourself constantly, change your view every day.
Here's some more of your negative b*llocks.....

''totally inept all over the pitch,what a mess. probably end up with five or six put past us.''
''only on very rare occasions do we get to witness excellence from a player''
''theres a battling mentality about the new system, gray did well last season, he cost a fortune, unlikely to be sub. playing everything towards him could prove costly. My missus knows more about offside rule than he does.''
''the point is we are struggling against quality opposition, away particularly. We can be wasteful, we tend to back pedal when attack is the better option.
We cannot gain any advantage from a single throw in, we overhit crosses blah blah etcetera.''

Now you wanna act all positive pete? :lol: The smart ones on here see right through it you unstable ''idiot''

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Wile E/Ablue is as big a wind-up merchant as you are, KRBFC. This thread could end up being a feed-back loop.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:Wile E/Ablue is as big a wind-up merchant as you are, KRBFC. This thread could end up being a feed-back loop.
I'm not claiming to be anything though, my view is consistent. People may disagree with my view, but does it change daily?

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:07 pm

KRBFC wrote:I'm not claiming to be anything though, my view is consistent. People may disagree with my view, but does it change daily?
True. Your view may be a lonely walk, but it is reasonably consistent.
You do, however, revel in your pantomime villain role, and chum the waters on here like a good angler.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:12 pm

as i said krbfc, dullard.

my post is accurate, there's nothing to criticise at Burnley.

Doesn't mean there has never been, surely that concept is too much for you to grasp. Most rational human beings alter their viewpont because of changing events, if you are struggling to understand then its probable you are made up from odd bits of scrap metal and wires that some kid has dumped in a skip.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:True. Your view may be a lonely walk, but it is reasonably consistent.
You do, however, revel in your pantomime villain role, and chum the waters on here like a good angler.
If people want to take my genuine opinion as a wind up, then I will ultimately wind up. When I see posters post about me on a topic (a topic I have no posted on) in a negative way I will do my all to make them emotional.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:14 pm

KRBFC wrote:If people want to take my genuine opinion as a wind up, then I will ultimately wind up. When I see posters post about me on a topic (a topic I have no posted on) in a negative way I will do my all to make them emotional.
That is, of course, your prerogative.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:as i said krbfc, dullard.

my post is accurate, there's nothing to criticise at Burnley.

Doesn't mean there has never been, surely that concept is too much for you to grasp. Most rational human beings alter their viewpont because of changing events, if you are struggling to understand then its probable you are made up from odd bits of scrap metal and wires that some kid has dumped in a skip.
Emotionally unstable. So you're basically admitting to being fickle, after a win you're a positive Pete after a loss you slag everything and everyone off.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:25 pm

This from KBRFC''

"Now you wanna act all positive pete? :lol: The smart ones on here see right through it you unstable ''idiot''[/quote]"

I'm not sure if he's being ironic ot taking the pi££ - or is even on it but wow !
Still, I guess we should be thankful that KBRFC has finally run out of negative shite - however "consistent" - to throw at Dyche and the squad.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:25 pm

no, i wrote a piece because i felt happy with the situation. Then silly sods like you show up looking to personalise things for some strange reason. First and foremost I am a Burnley fan. You'll not find a solitary post where I have initiated rude comments aimed at another poster.
You obviously enjoy trawling back through the archives like some sinister stalker, why dont you kill a few more hours giving that a go.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:32 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:This from KBRFC''

"Now you wanna act all positive pete? :lol: The smart ones on here see right through it you unstable ''idiot''
"

I think you're missing the point here......
Was I claiming to be Mr positive? I was simply calling out Wile for contradicting himself constantly.
You have a lot to say on here for an absolute soft arse no b*llocks mouse, don't you? Don't you have soaps to be watching?

Saxoman
Been Liked: 575 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:34 pm

Ignore him krbfc, he's a crank, nowt more..
This user liked this post: KRBFC

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Saxoman wrote:Ignore him krbfc, he's a crank, nowt more..
He constantly questioned me saying I don't attend games and wanted to meet me so I could prove to him I attend games, I agreed to meet him and he didn't show up :lol: Yet still talks sh*te on here like a keyboard pussy :lol:

Rammymike
Been Liked: 19 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Rammymike » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Flat Stanley - who do your neutral friends support - Barcelona?

I watch a lot of different games live and as a neutral always try and judge a teams performance relevant to their circumstances. If they couldn't appreciate our performance yesterday I suggest they are a bit thick.

ablueclaret

Post by ablueclaret » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:11 pm

I'd have thought by now Lord Beamish even you would have twigged me and Coyote are separate identities, you credit me with far too much imagination. I'd guess you might be the last person on here who still believes your myth, as you can see CT knows Coyote Is harmless but Ablue still brings fear and trembling.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Keep right on, AblueCoyote.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:22 pm

ablueclaret wrote:I'd have thought by now Lord Beamish even you would have twigged me and Coyote are separate identities, you credit me with far too much imagination. I'd guess you might be the last person on here who still believes your myth, as you can see CT knows Coyote Is harmless but Ablue still brings fear and trembling.
could have come up with a better descriptive than "harmless " ablue !

erudite, articulate, incisive, perhaps...but harmless !

ablueclaret

Post by ablueclaret » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:49 pm

Yes but CT lets you post he sanctions me.
This user liked this post: Wile E Coyote