Robbed by officials in last minute again

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
grapidianclaret
Been Liked: 317 times
Has Liked: 225 times

Re: Robbed by officials in last minute again

Post by grapidianclaret » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Ralph, do that for every decision during the match*

*because that is how it will end up

if they can do it that quick all the time, then fine.

But you know as well as i do that you have pundits now having different opinions, and that is with a zillion camera angles.
It would only need to be done for goals , penalty decisions and sendings off.
Also if the fourth official sees an off the ball incident, he can wait a stop in play before telling the ref to send that dirty f***er off.
The fourth official should have instant access to all tv feeds.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2602 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:50 am

JohnMac wrote:You do realise those bottom 5 teams will be relishing the opportunity to play us at their own ground and will see it as a massive opportunity to regain some ground on us.
not sure they will relish it, actually, as they'll be expected to beat us.

the longer we go without winning away, its going to change sometime and they'll all want to avoid that.

the pressure is all on them.

Man of Kent
Been Liked: 315 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Man of Kent » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:06 pm

In an (almost) closed shop / monopoly like the Premier League, would it be such a surprise to discover that FA referees are 'encouraged' by whatever means the Premier league sees fit, to ensure that the big (?) teams remain in dominant positions in the League at the expense of less commercially-attractive interlopers such as Burnley FC. Numerous decisions I've witnessed this season, several in the two Arsenal games, suggest that this suspicion may not be far from the truth.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:30 pm

Excellent suggestion on another thread I think - trial it with every goal or penalty given....would take little time at all to review whether the decision was correct and the game has already been stopped - so players are either celebrating or getting ready to take the penalty.

Most decisions could be reviewed and given a green or red light without any extra time at all being taken. The odd one would take longer of course but maybe where there is doubt or 2 officials can't agree the default is the original decision given by the referee.

Even if that turns out to be wrong when the pundits have spent hours pouring through replays and 74 different angles that is also fine as this is about getting more big decisions right not every decision.

If such a pilot was a success - which I am certain it would be - then personally I would extend it to giving each manager 1 or 2 appeals a game against any decision they choose.

The game needs to move on. It always has in the past and those people saying mistakes or accidents are part of the game are putting up the same argument as getting rid of a 3 stone leather ball or no substitutes.

"Brain injuries or my team being down to 7 players because of injuries is just part of the game we love Albert" !!!
This user liked this post: clitheroeclaret2

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Anyone got a link to the last goal incident, iplayer not available yet.

summitclaret
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1330 times

Post by summitclaret » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:25 pm

I love it when rugby refs say to the 4th official (with tv access) when he has a doubt such as offside "Is there any reason why I can't award a try". Also, when it goes up on the big screen, the ref sees it again as does everyone. That way there is far more chance of the final decision being acceptable to all. That means less chance of violence on and of the pitch and less chance of abuse of officials. What's not to like?

It is so bloody obvious development for football that it makes me wonder whether there are vested interests and/or some corruption around. Where there is so much money, there must be a risk of the latter.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Clarettintedlense
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by Clarettintedlense » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:26 pm

minnieclaret wrote:This had nothing to do with his position. There is a photo, on fb, he is in line with Koscielny, who is a yd offside, as the FK is struck. Everything in sight for him. He just didn't do his job.
I know that. This wasnt my point though. More an observation of linesmen in general.

minnieclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2287 times

Post by minnieclaret » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Clarettintedlense wrote:I know that. This wasnt my point though. More an observation of linesmen in general.
100% agree.
This user liked this post: Clarettintedlense

Clarettintedlense

Post by Clarettintedlense » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:21 pm

Very frustrating. Watch the next game and just occasionally check location of play and location of linesman.

These are the same people who see a ball go out for a throw then dont indicate which way it should go until the ref instructs them. Whats the bloody point?

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times

Post by Pstotto » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:56 pm

I think if Burnley go down by a point (or two), they have a very good case to mount a legal challenge for the loss of any Premier League status and the financial consequences, based on at least these two fixtures of daylight robbery, so designed politically to keep the title race more entertaining and open.

It is a can of worms, so open it and kill-em off.

Clarettintedlense

Post by Clarettintedlense » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Sheff utd have still not recovered from the distraction of theirblegal battle. No tha ks lets just stay up

dsr
Been Liked: 4577 times
Has Liked: 2268 times

Post by dsr » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:33 pm

Pstotto wrote:I think if Burnley go down by a point (or two), they have a very good case to mount a legal challenge for the loss of any Premier League status and the financial consequences, based on at least these two fixtures of daylight robbery, so designed politically to keep the title race more entertaining and open.

It is a can of worms, so open it and kill-em off.
They have no case at all. How can you possibly think that a ref is cheating in Arsenal's favour when he sends their man off and gives us a penalty? Or are you suggesting that someone put a message in his earpiece at 94 minutes to say "hang on, we've changed our mind?"

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times

Post by Pstotto » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:04 pm

Two games lost in 90th minute to two dodgy goals, quite blatantly fraudulent. I think that's a case for a legal fight if we lose our status.

For the defence of the PL, call to the bar... dsr.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6955 times
Has Liked: 1481 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:46 pm

summitclaret wrote:I love it when rugby refs say to the 4th official (with tv access) when he has a doubt such as offside "Is there any reason why I can't award a try". Also, when it goes up on the big screen, the ref sees it again as does everyone. That way there is far more chance of the final decision being acceptable to all. That means less chance of violence on and of the pitch and less chance of abuse of officials. What's not to like?
What's not to like, for me, is the fact that you could only half celebrate a goal, then wait 2 minutes before half celebrating it again or being thoroughly disappointed. It will take all the spontaneity and excitement out of the game. The TV viewing figures for both codes of rugby, and lame atmosphere particularly at RU games suggest the same.