Car Leasing

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
starting_11
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Car Leasing

Post by starting_11 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know a good car leasing website? (personal lease)

I remember one off CM which was run by a claret but I've no idea of it's name.

Thanks.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Re: Car Leasing

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:53 pm

http://www.brierleyscarshow.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cabbage
Been Liked: 166 times
Has Liked: 136 times

Post by Cabbage » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:59 pm

http://www.contracthireandleasing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:02 pm

Xlcr

ALP
Been Liked: 1466 times
Has Liked: 388 times

Post by ALP » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:09 pm

http://www.hippoleasing.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.thebestcardeals.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1571 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:25 am

I got one through hippo in November,really good service,slightly expensive and based in Blackburn. Ask for Ryan,a Burnley fan.

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:46 am

Holtyclaret wrote:I got one through hippo in November,really good service,slightly expensive and based in Blackburn. Ask for Ryan,a Burnley fan.
Thatd be ryan ormerod

Dont go to xlcr. They are a set of 2 hats the guys who run it

tanjakent

Post by tanjakent » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:54 pm

http://www.firstvehiclefinance.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Speak to Richard. They are a great team that are very personal and hands on.

A great company with price match guarantee
[/color] :D :D :D
Last edited by tanjakent on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tanjakent

Post by tanjakent » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:58 pm

starting_11 wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
Try http://www.firstvehiclefinance.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ask for Richard - he is lovely and so professional. They even delivered the car to my door!

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Does no one actually own their own car these days?
These 2 users liked this post: 69 WALLOP Foulthrow

tanjakent

Post by tanjakent » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Right_winger wrote:Does no one actually own their own car these days?
i stumbled across the great article on PCP (buying your car) and PCH ( leasing your care )

http://www.firstvehiclefinance.co.uk/ne ... verses-pch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:06 pm

tanjakent wrote:i stumbled across the great article on PCP (buying your car) and PCH ( leasing your care )

http://www.firstvehiclefinance.co.uk/ne ... verses-pch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's all very good but what about good old fashioned cash to buy your own car?

jjclaret
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by jjclaret » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:36 pm

https://www.swiftlease.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Proper Claret.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:18 am

tanjakent wrote:Try http://www.firstvehiclefinance.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ask for Richard - he is lovely and so professional. They even delivered the car to my door!
Dick
Me, but I prefer to travel around in not the latest fashionable car , but it is mine. The joys of being poor.

ClaretCliff
Been Liked: 187 times
Has Liked: 135 times

Post by ClaretCliff » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:25 am

jjclaret wrote:https://www.swiftlease.co.uk

Proper Claret.
I'll recommend swiftlease too. I picked up no recommendation on here a few years ago and have been very pleased with them.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 am

Yeah, just paid off the finance this year on my MK5 Golf purchased via my local VW dealership, and I also own a 2004 Pug 206 which I picked up recently for about £400.

I wouldn't touch PCP with a barge pole, it's a con and people are going to get hammered when they attempt to hand their cars back at the end of their deals if they aren't buying or renewing.
Could well be the cause of the next financial crash.

RocketLawnChair

Post by RocketLawnChair » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:54 am

Sidney1st wrote:Yeah, just paid off the finance this year on my MK5 Golf purchased via my local VW dealership, and I also own a 2004 Pug 206 which I picked up recently for about £400.

I wouldn't touch PCP with a barge pole, it's a con and people are going to get hammered when they attempt to hand their cars back at the end of their deals if they aren't buying or renewing.
I was very fortunate that I had a family member ' in the know ' or I would have been right royally stitched up by a car leasing company when I returned a car I had leased off them for vehicle inspection in 2012.

ClaretEngineer
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Post by ClaretEngineer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:18 am

I’m sure the financially savvy can get the comparison between outright purchase and PCP / HP / Lease down to a t.

I’d rather own the car that I drive, and not be financially committed to X per month for 3/4/5 years.

Oh and bank loans are far cheaper than “dealer arranged” finance, no matter how much of a good deal they say it is.

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:21 am

Sidney1st wrote:Yeah, just paid off the finance this year on my MK5 Golf purchased via my local VW dealership, and I also own a 2004 Pug 206 which I picked up recently for about £400.

That's my thoughts exactly.

Unsecured Personal loans are surely better if you don't have the cash to buy outright.

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:43 am

Difference between PCP/PCH and owning is that for the former you are effectively just financing the depreciation on the car while you have it, but for the latter you are financing the entire cost of the car. While owning gives you equity in the vehicle it is still a depreciating asset. General rule of thumb is to own something that appreciates in value and lease something that depreciates.

Main risk with PCP/PCH is that you incur excess mileage or damage repair costs when the vehicle is handed back, which can be expensive. However, if you own your car and rack up a lot of miles or damage it then its value upon sale will also fall. So a similar cost really, just one you have more flexibility as when to realise.

Remember if you fund through an unsecured personal loan or use hire purchase (where you pay off all of the loan over its life) then you still have to make monthly repayments, although these will typically be higher than PCP/PCH.

if you do decide to lease then I would note that me brokers charge an admin fee where others don't. This can add to the upfront costs. Also be mindful that a lot of brokers are simply one or two man bands who just ring around various suppliers to get the best deal. They will not be the firm actually supplying or financing the vehicle.

In conclusion, if you want a new car and don't do huge mileage (ie more than 15k per annum) then I would lease. However, if you are looking second hand and do high mileage then I would buy.
This user liked this post: Darthlaw

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:41 am

Right_winger wrote:That's my thoughts exactly.

Unsecured Personal loans are surely better if you don't have the cash to buy outright.
PCP's are goosed at the moment thanks to manufacturers putting pressure on dealers to register more and more vehicles. By doing this, they are driving down used car values and thus knackering future values of vehicles sold today.

As an example, Mrs Darth got a Mini on a 4 yr PCP which at the end of four years was set to be valued at £9800. We now sit in month 34 of 48 and it is apparently worth £9500 right now.

The positive for us is that we will be able to hand the car back to BMW finance at the end of the contract (part of the end of contract PCP options) and walk away. However, an added benefit of specific car finance, whether it be HP or PCP, is the 'halfs and thirds' rule. This entitles us to hand back the vehicle to BMW finance once we have payed half of the total amount of the total amount repayable. This means we will in effect be able to hand back the vehicle a year early, all without impact on our credit rating.

In terms of this, BMW finance will now be left with a vehicle which was only paid for by three years of payments instead of four and worth less than what they thought it was going to be worth at this point in time.

The press are talking about a financial meltdown with regard to car finance. With examples like mine and the onset of an awful lot of BMW's/Mini's sat in their finance company's car park, when they are handed back, it's not hard to see why.

ClaretEngineer

Post by ClaretEngineer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:47 am

Interesting info that Darth, is that “Half’s and Thirds” written in the T&C’s.

We nearly bought a new Smart FORFOUR on PCP. On face value it was cheaper to buy it on PCP than cash. The monthly payments nearly worked, but I refused to give in to puppy eyes by the wife.

Oldparkwood
Been Liked: 127 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Oldparkwood » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:53 am

starting_11 wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
Hi
Please feel free to contact me and i will be happy to help. Mention when you call that you have come from the Up The Clarets Board and ask for Dan.
No pressure either way if you only need a little bit of advise i'll be happy to help
http://www.swiftlease.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Sutton-Claret » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 am

I'm coming to the end of a 3 year PCP on a Nissan X trail. I've had a letter saying I can hand the car back or pay £13250. Just checked on Parkers and the car is actually valued at 14300 so I'm toying with the idea of paying off Nissan and then flogging the car myself. Sounds like a no brainer but I prefer an easy life - don't want to end up not being able to sell.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:59 am

ClaretEngineer wrote:Interesting info that Darth, is that “Half’s and Thirds” written in the T&C’s.

We nearly bought a new Smart FORFOUR on PCP. On face value it was cheaper to buy it on PCP than cash. The monthly payments nearly worked, but I refused to give in to puppy eyes by the wife.
Yes, CE. Usually under the early termination clause. The 'thirds' relates to how a finance company can come and repossess the car without a court order until you have payed over a third of the total repayable amount on the agreement.
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Contract hire typically works out cheaper than PCP but you don’t have the option to buy at the end, which is fine for me as I don’t really want to keep the car beyond the lease anyway.

As for PCP being ‘goosed’ as Darth pointed out, I have to agree. Although the risk lies with the leasing companies not the lessor. The UK regulator is currently all over this. Once the sh1t hits the fan then PCP deals will either be withdrawn or become more expensive. So, if you want to lease a car, then I would do so sooner rather than later while the rates are still very attractive.

Interesting to note that there have been a few warnings from quoted companies of late on this very issue, with both Sixt Leasing and Pendragon both complaining about residual values. Signs the Market is starting to crack maybe...

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Do not use XLCR. Absolute cock shmooks

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:06 pm

kaptin1 wrote:Contract hire typically works out cheaper than PCP but you don’t have the option to buy at the end, which is fine for me as I don’t really want to keep the car beyond the lease anyway.

As for PCP being ‘goosed’ as Darth pointed out, I have to agree. Although the risk lies with the leasing companies not the lessor. The UK regulator is currently all over this. Once the sh1t hits the fan then PCP deals will either be withdrawn or become more expensive. So, if you want to lease a car, then I would do so sooner rather than later while the rates are still very attractive.

Interesting to note that there have been a few warnings from quoted companies of late on this very issue, with both Sixt Leasing and Pendragon both complaining about residual values. Signs the Market is starting to crack maybe...
Interestingly I worked out today what The finance sompany would have made had we payed the full value vs what they will actually receive from our payments plus the current value of the vehicle. Astoundingly they will lose out on nearly £4000 as a result of setting the GFV too high and us handing back early!

Ouch!

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 781 times
Has Liked: 1435 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:46 pm

Sutton-Claret wrote:I'm coming to the end of a 3 year PCP on a Nissan X trail. I've had a letter saying I can hand the car back or pay £13250. Just checked on Parkers and the car is actually valued at 14300 so I'm toying with the idea of paying off Nissan and then flogging the car myself. Sounds like a no brainer but I prefer an easy life - don't want to end up not being able to sell.
Get a few prices for the car from the likes of we buy any car and see what they will offer and take about 10% off as they will reduce the price when you see them. If it still stacks up go for it.

Don't just use we buy any car though, there are other sites. I was recommended one on here a year ago where they came to the house, again it was a haggle but it beat the others.

starting_11

Post by starting_11 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Darthlaw wrote:PCP's are goosed at the moment thanks to manufacturers putting pressure on dealers to register more and more vehicles. By doing this, they are driving down used car values and thus knackering future values of vehicles sold today.

As an example, Mrs Darth got a Mini on a 4 yr PCP which at the end of four years was set to be valued at £9800. We now sit in month 34 of 48 and it is apparently worth £9500 right now.

The positive for us is that we will be able to hand the car back to BMW finance at the end of the contract (part of the end of contract PCP options) and walk away. However, an added benefit of specific car finance, whether it be HP or PCP, is the 'halfs and thirds' rule. This entitles us to hand back the vehicle to BMW finance once we have payed half of the total amount of the total amount repayable. This means we will in effect be able to hand back the vehicle a year early, all without impact on our credit rating.

In terms of this, BMW finance will now be left with a vehicle which was only paid for by three years of payments instead of four and worth less than what they thought it was going to be worth at this point in time.

The press are talking about a financial meltdown with regard to car finance. With examples like mine and the onset of an awful lot of BMW's/Mini's sat in their finance company's car park, when they are handed back, it's not hard to see why.
Dunno why my thread got bumped 10 months later but thanks anyway.

I got one on PCP back in march, thanks for this info darthlaw... I'll look into this at some point.

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2341 times
Has Liked: 1041 times

Post by Clarets4me » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Sutton-Claret wrote:I'm coming to the end of a 3 year PCP on a Nissan X trail. I've had a letter saying I can hand the car back or pay £13250. Just checked on Parkers and the car is actually valued at 14300 so I'm toying with the idea of paying off Nissan and then flogging the car myself. Sounds like a no brainer but I prefer an easy life - don't want to end up not being able to sell.
Webuyanycar is now a division of BCA ( British Car Auctions ), for something like an X-trail, their offer will be £700 or so less than the car would be expected to fetch at a trade auction. Parkers is not the best valuation tool...

I'm a former senior Buyer in the motor trade, and from experience, selling privately is easy enough up to around £3,500 - £4,000. Much above that, and people are quite wary...I've prepared and sold a few for friends/family etc, I sold all privately at OK money, with the exception of a 5 year old BMW X1, priced at £9,500 which I ended up selling into the trade for £9,100...

At over £5,000, you need to be significantly below Dealer prices for someone to take the risk of a private sale, rather than the reassurance that a dealer has to offer....it may not be worth the effort !

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:01 pm

I've sold many cars at well above that price level quite quickly. Many dealers (not all) just apply a mark up with no reassurance on offer.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6962 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:34 pm

I personally have little interest in owning a rusting lump of metal. As others have said, you can hand the car back at a certain point and terminate the contract if you feel the need.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6459 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:20 pm

My advice after today is to not lease at all.

I returned my Honda Civic after a 4 year 25000 mile lease last Friday and today I have been invoiced for £910 worth of "Damage" which they have stated is present. The list of damage includes dents to a panel which I know was replaced less than 6 months ago following an accident I had (in fact all panels except the drivers door and roof were replaced/repaired to new - total cost was just under £3k) - that particular panel was flawless. The other damaged stated includes scuffs to the alloy wheels - which I had repaired by an industry specialist 2 days before collection - it was only a 6 cm scuff which was 1cm more than the BVRLA guidelines, but I had it repaired anyway - it looks new as did all the alloys!

I even assessed the car with a chap from the Honda dealership where I purchased my new Civic using the BVRLA guidelines document, and I have taken approximately 50 photos.

I have disputed the invoice, and apparently they are going to send me videos and photos of the damage. I just dont believe that they think they can get away with this, it's bordering on criminal.

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2033 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:My advice after today is to not lease at all.

I returned my Honda Civic after a 4 year 25000 mile lease last Friday and today I have been invoiced for £910 worth of "Damage" which they have stated is present. The list of damage includes dents to a panel which I know was replaced less than 6 months ago following an accident I had (in fact all panels except the drivers door and roof were replaced/repaired to new - total cost was just under £3k) - that particular panel was flawless. The other damaged stated includes scuffs to the alloy wheels - which I had repaired by an industry specialist 2 days before collection - it was only a 6 cm scuff which was 1cm more than the BVRLA guidelines, but I had it repaired anyway - it looks new as did all the alloys!

I even assessed the car with a chap from the Honda dealership where I purchased my new Civic using the BVRLA guidelines document, and I have taken approximately 50 photos.

I have disputed the invoice, and apparently they are going to send me videos and photos of the damage. I just dont believe that they think they can get away with this, it's bordering on criminal.
Let us know how it goes. My PCP is up in May next year and I'm already considering just refinancing the car and part exchanging it in a year or so.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Foshiznik wrote:Let us know how it goes. My PCP is up in May next year and I'm already considering just refinancing the car and part exchanging it in a year or so.
Will do. I have already logged a complaint with BVRLA and BBC Watchdog (not that I expect much help from them).

I am really angry about it, it has occurred to me that the person collecting my car could have damaged it in any way and I have no way of proving otherwise without highly accurate photos and evidence to prove otherwise. I have reviewed my photos, and there are all sorts of reflections that could mask potential damage - but I know that because the whole car was spotless bar a couple of panels were effectively new following the accident 6 months ago. I am also angry that I have no facility to inspect the car for myself - they have already sold it apparently (collected from me last Friday).

Absolutely fuming over this.

Foshiznik
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:Will do. I have already logged a complaint with BVRLA and BBC Watchdog (not that I expect much help from them).

I am really angry about it, it has occurred to me that the person collecting my car could have damaged it in any way and I have no way of proving otherwise without highly accurate photos and evidence to prove otherwise. I have reviewed my photos, and there are all sorts of reflections that could mask potential damage - but I know that because the whole car was spotless bar a couple of panels were effectively new following the accident 6 months ago. I am also angry that I have no facility to inspect the car for myself - they have already sold it apparently (collected from me last Friday).

Absolutely fuming over this.
That's a disgrace. The point you could make is that you took 50+ photos of the car and didn't mention damage at that time because there was no damage! I'm sure you'll get it sorted, but it's just hassle you shouldn't have to go through.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

TractorFace
Been Liked: 117 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Post by TractorFace » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:11 pm

I've heard a lot of similar stories from people who say they've been stung when handing back PCP/Lease cars. Makes me wonder if this is where they make their money.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times

Post by clarethomer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Foshiznik wrote:Let us know how it goes. My PCP is up in May next year and I'm already considering just refinancing the car and part exchanging it in a year or so.
I think on a lease they are well known for picking out anything they can to charge you with. As the car is not yours, you have to hand it back and then pray to the gods of who you are leasing from and hope they don't sting you unfairly.

PCP, as you have the option to own the car, you can exchange the car so you can avoid this situation.

The minimum GFV is based on fair wear and tear for handing back but if you exchange it, its irrelevant as its priced into the deal.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:40 pm

I’ve now seen the BCA report. All the doors have 10-30mm dents apparently, along with the nsr quarter panel.
7F606D75-EBD6-4D5D-AA18-BD63576E2BAE.jpeg
7F606D75-EBD6-4D5D-AA18-BD63576E2BAE.jpeg (2.6 MiB) Viewed 4961 times
Thought I’d look for the damage again on my photos...

Nope... can’t see any...
BBE43BFB-74A0-4567-9F1A-21123864E933.jpeg
BBE43BFB-74A0-4567-9F1A-21123864E933.jpeg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 4961 times
I am taking this as far as it goes. It really is a scam. Whatever it takes, the lying bastards won’t get away with it.

Foshiznik

Post by Foshiznik » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:48 am

Looks immaculate in your photos.

ClaretEngineer

Post by ClaretEngineer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:54 am

You have the evidence to prove contrary to their reports.

Have they provided evidence to support their claim of damages totaling £910?

Have you requested copies of the evidence?

If its proved that their is foul play, I'd be pursuing for damages for attempting to obtain money by deception.

As well as knowingly damaging a vehicle for the purpose of fraudulently claiming charges.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:54 am

Foshiznik wrote:Looks immaculate in your photos.
Thanks for that, I was sure it wasn't just my biased viewpoint. The salesman at the Honda dealership where I purchased my new Civic even stated to me it was already ready for the forecourt to sell, but I have spoken to him since and he is unwilling to put that in writing, which I understand.

I have a further 50+ photos of a lot of detail. Some even show the slightest of marks that are smaller than my fingernail, but I have the photos.

I have since escalated the issue up the management with the lease company. I have also reported to BBC Watchdog; BVRLA - who have replied that I need to follow the lease company disputes procedure; and I have also contacted 5 Live Investigates - who really like these types of story.

They didn't want the shitstorm I am going to give them
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:07 am

ClaretEngineer wrote:You have the evidence to prove contrary to their reports.

Have they provided evidence to support their claim of damages totaling £910?

Have you requested copies of the evidence?

If its proved that their is foul play, I'd be pursuing for damages for attempting to obtain money by deception.

As well as knowingly damaging a vehicle for the purpose of fraudulently claiming charges.
I have requested the evidence mate, but I have to wait up to 4 weeks for them to prepare it and send it to me. In the mean time the car is sat less than 8 miles from me in Bedford BCA waiting for auction on Monday. I have offered to remedy any damage I agree with, but they have refused stating that the car has already been sold, which I know is a lie.

As far as damages are concerned, I am certainly going down that route. My health has been affected as I do suffer from Ulcerative Colitis and as such I am extremely susceptible to stressful situations.

ClaretEngineer

Post by ClaretEngineer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:10 am

Regards the BCA Auction, can you go and view the car? As a potential ''prospective'' buyer?

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:30 am

ClaretEngineer wrote:Regards the BCA Auction, can you go and view the car? As a potential ''prospective'' buyer?
I had considered that, but you need to be "approved" to visit the site. I have to apply to be a buyer, which may take longer than Monday.

I have this morning told Lex Autolease that they lied to me about it being sold though, and they are now trying to get me access to view the "damage" with one of their assessors at BCA this afternoon.

Foshiznik

Post by Foshiznik » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:34 am

Rick_Muller wrote:I had considered that, but you need to be "approved" to visit the site. I have to apply to be a buyer, which may take longer than Monday.

I have this morning told Lex Autolease that they lied to me about it being sold though, and they are now trying to get me access to view the "damage" with one of their assessors at BCA this afternoon.
It might be extremely stressful, but just imagine the sheer satisfaction of proving them wrong and seeing them wriggle.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:37 am

The angle of your pictures is very good, clearly shows there are no dents or blemishes to the paint etc.

I'd love to see where they've found £910 of damage.

Good luck.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times

Post by clarethomer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:41 am

Do you have any evidence of when those photos were taken?

Hopefully your visit will get you what you need but if it has somehow been damaged since you let it go, then I would expect the challenge of when the photos were taken.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:44 am

Sidney1st wrote:The angle of your pictures is very good, clearly shows there are no dents or blemishes to the paint etc.

I'd love to see where they've found £910 of damage.

Good luck.
Here's the report Sid... but no photos of the damage, I have to wait 4 weeks for them...
BCA damage report.PNG
BCA damage report.PNG (39.19 KiB) Viewed 4863 times
BCA damage report interior.PNG
BCA damage report interior.PNG (100.2 KiB) Viewed 4863 times
The interior damage was the stitching fraying, for which I reported that at about 50000, but they told me then, via the Honda dealer, that it was fair wear and tear.