Trump's Ban

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Re: Trump's Ban

Post by taio » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:58 am

morpheus2
Been Liked: 750 times
Has Liked: 1827 times

Post by morpheus2 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:08 am

Another racist Islamophobe here on twitter supporting Fart's ban, the problem here is this guy has influence, with 1.5 million followers on his official twitter account.

http://www.albawaba.com/loop/dubai%E2%8 ... %99-930942

Somebody somewhere in the blogosphere stated that "The United Arab Emirates made is clear from the beginning that they would not accept refugees due to fear of political and religious unrest" ......Not sure how true this is, but if true I hope the leader of the UAE gets the same response from our SJWs if he tries for a state visit here.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:47 am

Sure, because if the UAE doesn't accept refugees then neither should we. The UAE being our moral compass now, of course. :roll:
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2562 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:49 am

Damo wrote:It doesn't make some people think.
Some people don't have the capacity to think about anything other than here and now (as previously stated on this thread)

not what i stated at all but nice try, you'll catch up one day kid.

big difference between not having the capacity to think about other things and being able to filter out what's irrelevant and focus on whats important.

you haven't got that ability and thats fine but it makes it fairly pointless having any kind of discussion with you.

have a great day.

claretdom
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by claretdom » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:50 am

You disagree with the UAE but don't bitch about the country non stop Charlie. It s like you value some countries decisions more than others and can turn a blind eye to things that don't suit your agenda. Not very liberal of you.

morpheus2
Been Liked: 750 times
Has Liked: 1827 times

Post by morpheus2 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:15 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Sure, because if the UAE doesn't accept refugees then neither should we. The UAE being our moral compass now, of course. :roll:
So do you believe that we should not condemn and chastise for example a child raping BBC dj because he is not on our moral compass?
Its not about 'neither should we' is it. It's about double standards from our virtue signalling SJWs.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:31 am

claretdom wrote:You disagree with the UAE but don't bitch about the country non stop Charlie. It s like you value some countries decisions more than others and can turn a blind eye to things that don't suit your agenda. Not very liberal of you.

I don't regard the UAE as a nation to which mine should aspire. The idea of America is something i want the UK to aspire to, but right now i'd settle for America aspiring to the idea of America.

Answer me this, if you would.
If i marched in protest against terrorism immediately after a terrorist attack in France, the US, or even the UK, would you consider my protest illegitimate because i didn't march a week later after another terrorist attack in Iraq? Or is the "what about this" strategy only something you'll use against protesters when you disagree with them?

Your form of debate is cancerous to all debates because literally every discussion can be shut down by "what about" when the discussion isn't going your way, and that's obviously what you and some others are trying to do. Remember this when you next want to express your condolences for the victims of terrorism somewhere because there's a good chance i'll pop up to point out how you turned a "blind eye" to some random baghdad bombing victims and therefore it must mean you "condone" their killing. Not really.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:34 am

morpheus2 wrote:So do you believe that we should not condemn and chastise for example a child raping BBC dj because he is not on our moral compass?
Its not about 'neither should we' is it. It's about double standards from our virtue signalling SJWs.
That's not what i'm saying at all. I'm saying it's perfectly fine to condemn a child raping DJ and that you shouldn't have to put up with idiots and scumbags suggesting that because you didn't overtly condemn all child rapists ever that that means you must condone the other ones.

I'm saying literally the opposite to what you're accusing me of here. :lol:

Bacchus
Been Liked: 599 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Post by Bacchus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:35 am

claretdom wrote:You disagree with the UAE but don't bitch about the country non stop Charlie. It s like you value some countries decisions more than others and can turn a blind eye to things that don't suit your agenda. Not very liberal of you.
Of course, the big difference is that we don't profess to have a special relationship and share values with Israel, UAE, Saudi and all the other examples of whataboutery that litter this thread. People here feel more compelled to protest about decisions taken by Trump because there is a direct association to this country and a concern about what we are tieing ourselves to in the Post-Brexit world.
These 2 users liked this post: quoonbeatz nil_desperandum

claretdom

Post by claretdom » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:36 am

Feel free do as you wish Charlie, I am sure soon enough someone will educate you on reddit then you can come on here and excuse your liberal attitude that only stretches so far. Remember this, I couldn't honestly care less what you say. You are a hypocrite and deserve it highlighting.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:41 am

claretdom wrote:Feel free do as you wish Charlie, I am sure soon enough someone will educate you on reddit then you can come on here and excuse your liberal attitude that only stretches so far. Remember this, I couldn't honestly care less what you say. You are a hypocrite and deserve it highlighting.

I'm a hypocrite and yet you can't highlight a single example. You couldn't care less what i say yet you persistently seek out my posts and reply. You're not a liberal and yet you criticise me for not being liberal enough. You are an idiot and deserve it highlighting.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:41 am

HatfieldClaret wrote:I haven't read through all threads on this so may be repeating someone. Apologies if so.

There are over 30 countries in the Middle East (mainly muslim majority) who ban people from entering their country who have an Israeli stamp on their passport. Let's all protest about that.

Women are murdered in Pakistan (sorry, honour killings) on a daily basis. Let's protest about that.

Women in Saudi have to cover up from head to to, can't drive cars, domestic violence is legal and women are treated as property. Let's protest about that.

In Cuba you do not have freedom of speech. Let's protest about that.

In China more people are executed than any other country. Let's protest about that.

In the UAE women who are raped are arrested for adultery. Let's protest about that.

Homosexuality is illegal in Russia and is a capital offence in Iran. Let's protest about that.

Haven't seen too many of these protests outside the embassies recently. There's no 90 day time limit on the above either.

Trump may be a cock but there are worse out there.
Fully Agree!

It's not Donalds fault so nobody cares
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:44 am

Amazing how many right wingers suddenly take an interest in homosexuality and womens rights in the middle east when Trump gets panned.

Amazing.
These 3 users liked this post: longsidepies lucs86 Wilsdenclaret

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:46 am

Dyched wrote:Fully Agree!

It's not Donalds fault so nobody cares

Not caring and not being able to do anything about it are two completely different things.

If you want to demand that our military be used liberate oppressed people everywhere around the world then be my guest, i'll be right beside you arguing for it. But i bet if i did argue for such a projection of force to rid the world of oppression you'd be there opposite me complaining "we're not the world's police force".

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:52 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Not caring and not being able to do anything about it are two completely different things.

If you want to demand that our military be used liberate oppressed people everywhere around the world then be my guest, i'll be right beside you arguing for it. But i bet if i did argue for such a projection of force to rid the world of oppression you're be there opposite me complaining "we're not the world's police force".
No, I'm with you there.

I just find it quite sad us western civilians suddenly pretend to give a crap about certain things when they arrive on our doorstep.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:04 am

Dyched wrote:No, I'm with you there.

I just find it quite sad us western civilians suddenly pretend to give a crap about certain things when they arrive on our doorstep.
Just because people don't come out at talk about those things doesn't mean they don't care about them. I could post about atheist bloggers getting murdered in Bangladesh and Pakistan, but i don't think there'd be much to say except everyone agreeing with each other. I could post about Russia's recent decriminalisation of domestic violence, but again it'd just be a circlejerk of everyone agreeing how ****** up it is. But there's no point people protesting in London over blogger deaths in Bangladesh or domestic violence laws in Russia because neither of those countries respect our opinion.

But when it comes to protesting against things America does that we abhor then yes, it is worth while for two reasons. 1) America actually does respect our opinion, at least a little bit. And 2) it helps make sure that none of our lawmakers get any ideas of copying the crazy ***** running America.
This user liked this post: lucs86

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:08 am

Slightly more worryingly is the spike in the fighting in the Ukraine since Trump spoke to Putin.

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:12 am

Like protesting in Europe about America.

Trumps gonna get flack for everything he does. Simple.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:12 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Amazing how many right wingers suddenly take an interest in homosexuality and womens rights in the middle east when Trump gets panned.

Amazing.
They're the same kind of people who spent years mocking those hippy, tree hugging liberals who campaigned for animal welfare who suddenly became very converned with animal welfare after, by pure coincidence i'm sure, the local butcher's started selling halal meat.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:13 am

Until he proves that he actually knows just how influential on other world leaders anything he says is, then he's going to get flak.

Everybody hangs on the word of the US President. Thats one of the reasons he's so unsuitable for the job, he just doesn't get that.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:15 am

Dyched wrote:Like protesting in Europe about America.

Trumps gonna get flack for everything he does. Simple.

Not everything. He nuked TPP. I don't hear anyone complaining about that. It's just a shame he's a disaster when it comes to pretty much everything else.

HatfieldClaret
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by HatfieldClaret » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:57 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Who's condoning what now?
Well, me apparently... ?

I'm not condoning Trump, I said he's a cock. How strongly would you like me to phrase it ?

HatfieldClaret
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by HatfieldClaret » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:01 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Amazing how many right wingers suddenly take an interest in homosexuality and womens rights in the middle east when Trump gets panned.

Amazing.
Suddenly ? I lived in the Middle East for 14 years as a kid and am fully aware of their way of doing things. Made my views known long before Trump came on the scene.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:40 pm

IMG_20170131_123405.jpg
IMG_20170131_123405.jpg (618.91 KiB) Viewed 3232 times
These 2 users liked this post: bluelabrador16 S0S-1971

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:59 am

Trump's ban was first suspended by a federal judge. President Little Hands appealled and tonight the appeals court unanimously ruled that the ban should stay suspended.

So, to the Supreme Court it goes... probably.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:58 pm

even when he bombs it goes wrong - lost a Navy Seal this week in a 3 day firefight that the military have subsequently admitted they had no right to be instigating in the first instance - no strategic whatsoever, and certainly no gain

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:54 pm

NRC wrote:even when he bombs it goes wrong - lost a Navy Seal this week in a 3 day firefight that the military have subsequently admitted they had no right to be instigating in the first instance - no strategic whatsoever, and certainly no gain
Didn't one of his advisors get him to approve the op by telling him something like "Obama wouldn't do this"?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:49 am

Blocked, again. :lol:

Brunlea
Been Liked: 54 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Brunlea » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 pm

I don't like Trump but the Americans elected him as their president. The people who voted for him knew the things he had in mind and agreed with him. He is actually delivering,or trying to deliver, on what he said as opposed to most politicians I have voted for in the past who have done the opposite p.s. I bet he wears white trainers and jeans!

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:07 am

Brunlea wrote:I don't like Trump but the Americans elected him as their president. The people who voted for him knew the things he had in mind and agreed with him. He is actually delivering,or trying to deliver, on what he said as opposed to most politicians I have voted for in the past who have done the opposite p.s. I bet he wears white trainers and jeans!

They also voted for him based on the knowledge that his attempts to ban Muslims from the U.S. would be unconstitutional, they were repeatedly told this. They voted for him literally knowing that this promise could not be kept. They simply refused to believe it.

biggles
Been Liked: 182 times
Has Liked: 156 times

Post by biggles » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:43 am

They voted for him literally knowing that this promise could not be kept. They simply refused to believe it.

Is that a fact? are you, now, a mind reader? maybe they voted for him to keep their country safe. perhaps they thought their safety is more important than the bleatings of soft lefty, liberals and the feelings of a few foreigners.

claretdom

Post by claretdom » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:47 am

biggles wrote:They voted for him literally knowing that this promise could not be kept. They simply refused to believe it.

Is that a fact? are you, now, a mind reader? maybe they voted for him to keep their country safe. perhaps they thought their safety is more important than the bleatings of soft lefty, liberals and the feelings of a few foreigners.

It will either be fact or charlie's opinion, if it is a fact he will prove it, if it is just his opinion he will say so but then prove it by saying he knows more than everyone else so his opinion carries more weight than proof.
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

Chobulous
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Chobulous » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:23 am

claretdom wrote:It will either be fact or charlie's opinion, if it is a fact he will prove it, if it is just his opinion he will say so but then prove it by saying he knows more than everyone else so his opinion carries more weight than proof.
And everybody is stupid, don't forget that.

IT the latter day Wolfie.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 pm

It's all falling apart as his own Republican party are distancing themselves from his own accusation that GCHQ bugged his phones. Mind you, they probably did! ;)

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:They also voted for him based on the knowledge that his attempts to ban Muslims from the U.S. would be unconstitutional, they were repeatedly told this. They voted for him literally knowing that this promise could not be kept. They simply refused to believe it.
It's probably more likely they didn't think about the constitution when looking at his promise to ban those nasty Muslims from entering the country.

It's also possibly a mixture of the two reasons.

biggles

Post by biggles » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:46 pm

he's not banning muslims; he's banning potential terrorists! most muslims are not terrorists but perhaps most terrorists are muslims.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:55 pm

I know that.

They've been careful for years now anyway, I remember when I went over in 2009 and every single bloke of Sub Asian continent heritage was stopped and searched at the airport.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Trump is slowly realising that saying stuff when you are campaigning is a bit different from actually doing anything when you are in power.

God knows where he is going with this constant, idiotic tweeting and repeating of random right wingers saying things on the news that just are not true though. He's got the whole world thinking he's madder than they thought he was already, which alone is a hell of an achievement.

grapidianclaret
Been Liked: 317 times
Has Liked: 225 times

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:55 pm

biggles wrote:he's not banning muslims; he's banning potential terrorists! most muslims are not terrorists but perhaps most terrorists are muslims.
Not in America

biggles

Post by biggles » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:41 pm

not in America? maybe not but you wouldn't expect him to 'import' any, would you?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:45 pm

biggles wrote:not in America? maybe not but you wouldn't expect him to 'import' any, would you?
How many has the US "imported" from those countries included in his bans?

biggles

Post by biggles » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:30 pm

how many? do you know? if so please tell. however, that is quite irrelevant to the issue. it would be on his head if he did nothing to reduce the risk especially if even just the one terrorist entered the USA and killed someone. maybe Trump is simply covering his ass; but surely even you can't blame him for doing something to reduce that risk. although, with your liberal views, i suspect you would rather a terrorist did commit an atrocity in America rather than deny him his human rights. well, you won't get killed if it did happen. so carry on being smug and safe, far from danger.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:38 pm

biggles wrote:how many? do you know? if so please tell. however, that is quite irrelevant to the issue. it would be on his head if he did nothing to reduce the risk especially if even just the one terrorist entered the USA and killed someone. maybe Trump is simply covering his ass; but surely even you can't blame him for doing something to reduce that risk. although, with your liberal views, i suspect you would rather a terrorist did commit an atrocity in America rather than deny him his human rights. well, you won't get killed if it did happen. so carry on being smug and safe, far from danger.
But it's been pointed out that those countries on the list pose little threat, unlike Saudi Arabia.

I wonder why?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Didn't someone do a spreadsheet and more US citizens had been killed by children under 2 than by anybody from the countries listed?
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

biggles

Post by biggles » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:57 pm

lancaster - maybe but.... you can ban foreigners. banning 1 year old american kids would be beyond a president's powers, i would imagine!!! ;) even the don wouldn't [probably] go there.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:17 pm

biggles wrote:how many? do you know? if so please tell. however, that is quite irrelevant to the issue. it would be on his head if he did nothing to reduce the risk especially if even just the one terrorist entered the USA and killed someone. maybe Trump is simply covering his ass; but surely even you can't blame him for doing something to reduce that risk. although, with your liberal views, i suspect you would rather a terrorist did commit an atrocity in America rather than deny him his human rights. well, you won't get killed if it did happen. so carry on being smug and safe, far from danger.

There is no limit to the number of terrorists I'd rather commit atrocities than have us abandon the principle of human rights. If a terrorist has no human rights then neither do you. You can't pick and choose who has inalienable rights and who doesn't, it's kind of self-explanatory why that's the case.

LongsideFacingUp
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by LongsideFacingUp » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Apparently being allowed entry into the USA is a human right now.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:29 pm

LongsideFacingUp wrote:Apparently being allowed entry into the USA is a human right now.
Says who?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:34 pm

biggles wrote:lancaster - maybe but.... you can ban foreigners. banning 1 year old american kids would be beyond a president's powers, i would imagine!!! ;) even the don wouldn't [probably] go there.
You're right, it is beyond his powers because they have a constitution that superceeds the powers of all three branches of government.

But, maybe this kid isn't a 1 year old but Trump tried to ban a 5 year old, and here's his idiot trying to explain why it's ridiculous to say that someone isn't a security threat because of his age, which means if he was 1 year old then he could also be a security threat.

But carry on trying to defend Trump. :lol:

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:35 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:There is no limit to the number of terrorists I'd rather commit atrocities than have us abandon the principle of human rights.
If there was 'no limit' to the number of terrorists carrying out atrocities, then there wouldn't be any human rights at all you daft bat.