CFS: What a success.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Dressinggown
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 79 times

CFS: What a success.

Post by Dressinggown » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:14 pm

Hell's bells.

There will always be a clamour to sign players that can keep you in the Premier League, however, they come at a serious cost.

Our fans in the CFS have been worthy of a good few points already this season. Away supporters no longer have their own 'end'. Clarets are in there and making some real noise. To see the CFS from the JMU when we scored late into the Crystal Palace game was something special. Mental was the operative word.

One of the best decisions made by the club in many years.
These 17 users liked this post: Houseclaret ten bellies cricketfieldclarets Clevedon Claret Garnerssoap Leisure levraiclaret RalphCoatesComb Jel IAmAClaret KRBFC k90bfc _Soclaretes_ Redbeard ClaretMoffitt Silkyskills1 BFC Gold

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Re: CFS: What a success.

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:25 am

Agree absolutely. Think having half and half helps too. As we drown them out but there is some good conpetition between both fans. That said would be great to see and hear a full end

Let'sChaseTheDragon
Been Liked: 42 times

Post by Let'sChaseTheDragon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:03 am

Dressinggown wrote:Hell's bells.

There will always be a clamour to sign players that can keep you in the Premier League, however, they come at a serious cost.

Our fans in the CFS have been worthy of a good few points already this season. Away supporters no longer have their own 'end'. Clarets are in there and making some real noise. To see the CFS from the JMU when we scored late into the Crystal Palace game was something special. Mental was the operative word.

One of the best decisions made by the club in many years.
Couldn't agree more. Like claiming our own ground back.

Went in there for the first time since it was taken back on a trip back to England over Christmas- Boro and S'land. Was blown away. Has to be one of the best fan experiences in the country. The fans that pushed for this- thanks.
These 2 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera ClaretMoffitt

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11052 times
Has Liked: 5660 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:18 am

bunch of noisy buggers, I've got to keep the volume down on the TV ;)
These 3 users liked this post: Leisure Juan Tanamera MT03ALG

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:50 am

Completely agree.
No one has come and out sung us... The year under Coyle/Laws was really depressing/embarrassing. Playing badly with no noise from the crowd, I'm sure it was one of the (many) reasons we struggled after Xmas.

50 shades of Grey
Been Liked: 332 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by 50 shades of Grey » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:28 am

As mentioned on a previous similar thread, when you travel away in decent numbers, you expect to 'out sing' the home support, especially these days with the 'new, modern type all seater stadiums', but when they come to the Turf nowadays, I think some of them are genuinely surprised to hear the home support from the CFS. I've friends who were in the away end when we beat Everton and they told me afterwards the atmosphere generated that day was fantastic, and they enjoyed it, even though they got beat.

Stick it up 'em, they don't like it.

UTC NNN.
These 2 users liked this post: morpheus2 Juan Tanamera

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:38 am

Also concur with all of this. It's been brilliant.

Went in v MK Dons last season, and the pricing meant I went in practically every home game since and now I'm a ST holder.

Hopefully there is a clamour for more tickets and we can have it extended to half the stand, or would that be logistically impossible?

What would be the lowest amount of away tickets we can offer away fans?

Tinribs
Been Liked: 281 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Tinribs » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:16 am

I've even more respect for fans in the CFS after what I experienced Saturday.
I usually sit in JH lower,decided to give CFS a try with my lad.
Must have been asked 5 times to produce tickets,almost anytime I left my seat.
Then moved after 20 mins cos had a six footer stood in front of lad blocking view.
That was no prob I went in there to stand myself,so left seats and went further down where there were 10 rows of empty seats.picked a spot with no one in front of us.
Was then asked to show tickets and told to move back to my seat,explained the prob and eventually common sense prevailed.Thats until half time when a supervisor asked to see tickets,explained story again and she said fine but move down a row.
I said what's the point then I'll be stood behind someone and he can't see,he can from here.
There were 8 people on my row about ten on row in front and 9 rows empty behind.I said to the woman why are you doing this,she said it's my boss he wants everyone together.i said well to your boss he's creating problems where there are none.she eventually left me in the seats and moved on to the family next to me asking the same questions.and eventually gave up after a torrent of abuse from the people being asked to move.
Back to JH lower next time far less hassle.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:22 am

The club wouldn't sell the seats in the empty block. When I went about 1.30 for 3 seats together in there I was told there weren't 3 together only single seats.
I took the risk knowing I would get 3 seats together when I got in there.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:23 am

They ( the stewards ) start creating problems in on a regular basis.
My personal opinion is that either the club or police don't want us in there, and if they do they have a funny way of showing it.

I presume its the red haired women you are talking about Tinribs?

I must get asked to show my ticket half a dozen times a game, this doesn't happen elsewhere in the ground, so why in the CFS?
I wouldn't mind but I sit next to the gangway, so I just say excuse me I sit there pointing.
Still need to see your ticket though...

Like I've said previously, its happen a good job the home forms been great or things might of come to blows, the way some stewards go about there business and talk to people is shocking.

Tinribs

Post by Tinribs » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:26 am

Yes Macca the red haired woman seemed to be hell bent on trying to cause as much friction as possible in the CFS

Tinribs

Post by Tinribs » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:29 am

But like to say the fans in there were superb and they were singing and behind the side for the full 90 mins and I agree that the fans in there have been worth a few points this season.

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:37 am

An excellent decision by the Club. The noise generated in that corner can be heard all around the ground, and all around the World via TV.

I suspect that the "problems" are not just the fault of GSPhones4U (or whoever does the policing these days). Our fans who are in there need to respect the Club and stop the minority making moves towards the Away fans. I suspect that the hard-line approach is a compromise position... control them better, or lose the CFS ! (Just a thought) Tin Hat at the ready ;)

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:39 am

Tinribs wrote:Yes Macca the red haired woman seemed to be hell bent on trying to cause as much friction as possible in the CFS
Yes, we had a similar issue earlier in the season when 1 lad refused to show his ticket for the umpteenth time whilst sat in his seat. He got thrown out, with a 3 game temporary ban, but after an investigation by the club and CCTV footage used, he was allowed back in for the next game and got an apology.

Its every week. Don't stand on any yellow lines or in the gangways is the favourite, yet 2 stewards are stood there blocking everyone's view should you wish to sit down???

I tell them in the nicest possible way to go away should they ask me to show my ticket once I'm at my seat, they have started using bouncer style lads now though ( you know with that bright ID card wrapped around their arm ) rather than the usual stewards, possibly to try and intimidate people.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:45 am

The woman in the cfs is creating an issue that doesnt exist. As are the other stewards. The majority of them are probably just following orders. But its almost always good fun and light hearted banter. But theyre hell bent on provoking a situation. Not sure what the agenda is but there is one.

I asked her last game why she kept walking past. Blocking the view. Hassling people. Her response 'because we can!'

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:47 am

It's great. The Premier League needs it too, there's not many places like it left now. Not many tourists, megastore shopping bags and half/half scarves in there.

Jel
Been Liked: 266 times
Has Liked: 1178 times

Post by Jel » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:54 am

MACCA wrote:They ( the stewards ) start creating problems in on a regular basis.
My personal opinion is that either the club or police don't want us in there, and if they do they have a funny way of showing it.

I presume its the red haired women you are talking about Tinribs?

I must get asked to show my ticket half a dozen times a game, this doesn't happen elsewhere in the ground, so why in the CFS?
I wouldn't mind but I sit next to the gangway, so I just say excuse me I sit there pointing.
Still need to see your ticket though...

Like I've said previously, its happen a good job the home forms been great or things might of come to blows, the way some stewards go about there business and talk to people is shocking.
I've got a ST and have never been asked to show it after initial entry!

Ooogeorgeorgeoghani
Been Liked: 212 times
Has Liked: 72 times

Post by Ooogeorgeorgeoghani » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:02 am

First time in cfs in 35 years supporting the clarets my observations were
Positives
Excellent atmostphere, enjoyed standing, brill to be near the tunnell when the players come out.

Negatives
No pies left at half time !, took me 15 mins to finally get to the loos. While in the loos there were 3 teenagers seriously messed up urinating all over the floor not good'

Overall i enjoyed the change of stand ,but i just wish we could replicate the atmosphere in other areas of the ground, i am considering swapping seats, but may have to go in my wellies to avoid getting splashed with ****

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:12 am

Jel wrote:I've got a ST and have never been asked to show it after initial entry!
Do you sit further back than halfway?

I get asked every match sometimes at the top of the stairs then again half way up the stand.

That's both before the game and after HT.

Good job I can control my bladder or it'd be going up for a dozen times a game.

SammyBoy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 434 times

Post by SammyBoy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:33 am

Out of interest why do you have to show your ticket anyway? Presumably the stewards know you can't get into the ground without one, or is it because they suspect people might not be sitting/standing where they are supposed to?

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:45 am

I think it's the latter.

I know where my seat is, and should someone be in it, I can ask them to move myself and show them my season card, I don't need *some drip with a snotty nose on a power trip to do that for me*

It states they are there to assist you, you can decline that assistance should you wish too.

* other stewards are around with neither of these faults..

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 429 times
Has Liked: 4570 times

Post by MT03ALG » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:58 am

The Stewards are a bunch of Jobsworths at BFC. I was trying to left from the Bob Lord Car Park to go towards Worsthorne at least 30 minutes after the game on Tuesday. Harry Potts Way was empty ! I was told 'right turn only' towards the lights. So I turned right as ordered to, then left at the lights, then left again where the back street was full of traffic with cars having to mount the pavements to avoid each other !!

clitheroeclaret2
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by clitheroeclaret2 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:06 pm

Also would prefer to see the stand 50/50. Bit like a mini Longside.

Am I right in thinking since away fans havent had the whole of the CFS that with a better atmosphere results at home have massively improved??

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 429 times
Has Liked: 4570 times

Post by MT03ALG » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:57 pm

The CFS fans are a credit to the club. Just what we needed to make the ground noisier for the home team.

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:59 pm

I went in on Saturday. Top atmosphere with the standing and the singing, but its murder trying to get to the bog at half time.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:02 pm

Falcon wrote:I went in on Saturday. Top atmosphere with the standing and the singing, but its murder trying to get to the bog at half time.
You don't need to go the bog to do cocain now a days. Just crouch down behind the person in front in and out before you know it.

Saxoman
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:09 pm

Dem be dem, du be du dee dee..

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Would it be practical to enlarge the home section and diminishing the away section?

Leisure
Been Liked: 3802 times
Has Liked: 12494 times

Post by Leisure » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:39 pm

South West Claret. wrote:Would it be practical to enlarge the home section and diminishing the away section?
Not really, as the minimum 10% away allocation would be around 2200 and at the moment we're giving away clubs 2430.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Thanks, that's a shame.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6490 times
Has Liked: 2919 times

Re: CFS: What a success

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:56 pm

I have a season ticket in there near the tunnel,there is a few kids gather in the corner during the game the woman steward had one of the kids in tears constantly hassling her to go to her seat and sit down its a bit over zealous and with just a little thought for the kids it would be OK for them to stand there it's not like they are causing any trouble..like some one said its just a jobsworth pushing a few kids around..the last home game in the league the whole stand urged them to get a proper job in no uncertain terms....do they get paid and if so how much or are they just volunteering to be little Hitlers for a couple of hours.
I love it in the stand even though my view is not the best, great atmosphere.

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Re: CFS: What a success

Post by bfccrazy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:41 pm

The red haired woman who was mentioned above is the one who moved me and the nephew - and when I said he can't see here but can where we normally sit........ Her response was "well he can stand on the seat here then" .... I replied with 'but now the man behind us can't see, if he's stood on his seat'

........ The best outcome of thia was telling the man behind us that he could stand on the gangway/steps if he wanted to, to see (which surely isnt the best safety protocol?).

She also told me to change our season tickets to move further back if thay was where he could see..... Went down to the ticket office to do so and was told that this isn't possible to do..... And only after I made the point that I couldn't be bothered with a run in with that steward every game that commom sense prevailed and they moved our seats a bit further back.

With everything the club does right - it seems that any fans who are enjoying what's happening and wanting to create an atmosphere are just being provoked or pushed for the sake of it in the CFS. I love it in there - been in for every league game since we were allowed back in there...... But it's constantly frustrating how the stewards are in that stand over silly "non-issues".

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:37 pm

Done very well to say people were saying it couldn't happen and there was no appetite for it.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:19 pm

I can understand why they ask to show tickets. People will get mates on and try to squeeze 4 people into 3 seats which is possible with standing.

Doesnt make it right though and it is annoying.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:23 pm

Averaging one defeat every 125 days since we went back in. Those who said the impact would be non existent were wrong.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:32 pm

I agree a big Success, the next step is to take the full stand and shove the away fans in the Jimmy Mac Lower.

lakesclaret
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by lakesclaret » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:47 pm

Been in a couple of times this season ( though an ST in JHL) while the atmosphere is decent , ( excellent for the cup game) it's actually taken a fair bit of "noise" away from the longside.We seem to have lost the effect of the singing rolling right along the JH.While its decent if you're physically in the CF it doesn't have nearly the same feel from the rest of the ground.

Not a criticism of the cf at all just an observation . They do seem over officious though re:checking tickets and there's a horrible ginger dragon too.

Overall a good decision from the club as has helped sell a bit of dead space along with creating a bit more atmosphere .
This user liked this post: Braindead

wickdkewlclaret
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by wickdkewlclaret » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:01 pm

I also have never been asked to show my ticket, i'm on row DD int' middle, so that might help!

bobinho
Been Liked: 4106 times
Has Liked: 6589 times

Post by bobinho » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:41 pm

The stewarding in there leaves a lot to be desired. Its provocative to say the least, and I think at the wrong time and in the wrong circumstances, there could be a serious issue. Constantly being asked to show your ticket is a problem, especially when the person "looking" at it has no real idea what they are looking at or why. Plenty of stewards stood in the gangways restricting free, safe movement and creating bottlenecks. Puzzling??? Makes you think that's how they like it.

There are of course, two sides to the story. Take Saturday for example... I was late in finding out if I could go, so went to the club shop to have the game added to my card. Couldn't have my usual seat so was issued a ticket for another seat. No problem. Or so you would think. Found my way to my seat. to find the usual ST holder in it. He too was late adding the game to his card, and should've been elsewhere, but wanted to be with his mates. Couldve been an issue there, but we sorted it. But the point remains, sit where your ticket says boys and save yourself the hassle.

Atmosphere can be great in there, it's almost like an away game. Loads of banter and proper good craic. I love it...I just don't like being pestered to show my ticket all the time, I don't like that there is no ordered queueing system for the food/drink outlets meaning it's utter chaos just before, and during half time, and I don't like the aggressive and over-zealous stewarding.

Burnley loyal
Been Liked: 33 times
Has Liked: 29 times

Post by Burnley loyal » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:57 pm

I think sir cliff edens needs to read this thread

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 437 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:18 pm

We do not get asked to show our tickets or move when some of our group possibly should- so no complaints there. I have seen them being confrontational laterly though.

The worst bit of the stand is the availability of alcohol. When they first open the stand they had an extra bottle kiosk outside. Now the stand starts to empty at 35 minutes into the game because those who want a drink know they have to get down early. It affects the atmosphere, I stay on till H/T but a large number do not. To make it worst they added the fancy food counter outside (good addition) but it is clear the inside ones is too busy because of alcohol.

Sort it out BFC

I_hate_pne
Been Liked: 14 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by I_hate_pne » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:00 pm

Just to provide a little balance, I'm a ST holder in the CFS and have spoken to the red haired steward a few times about bringing my flag into the stand. It's difficult now with how popular the stand has become however she always tries to find a place that I could leave it if I wanted and is always pleasant and helpful when she's dealing with me. She doesn't have the final say about where I can put it but always radios through to someone to answer the question.

I've only been asked to show my ticket a couple of times and I'm on row Z. Seems that they check younger lads in the new block that recently opened at every opportunity on Sat.

Rightfoot
Been Liked: 113 times
Has Liked: 74 times

Post by Rightfoot » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:24 pm

What we should do is when they ask to see the tickets is then to ask them to take us to our seats if everyone does it they ll soon give up

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:26 pm

Rightfoot wrote:What we should do is when they ask to see the tickets is then to ask them to take us to our seats if everyone does it they ll soon give up
Or .... In my case, she moved me from a seat that wasn't mine (after checking my seasom ticket) to another seat that wasnt mine ..... So I said if I was being moved to be moved to my actual seat ..... *a bit of me hoped that someone else would be in my seat and this would start the chain reaction that you mention*

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4035 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:29 am

I stand in the cricket field. The noise sounds great in there. I agree with the op, pretty sure we helped the lads over the line last night and spurred them on to the end.

Did it sound decent in other areas of the ground?

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:34 am

The CFS sounded good in Edinburgh via my stream!
This user liked this post: bfccrazy

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:34 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:I stand in the cricket field. The noise sounds great in there. I agree with the op, pretty sure we helped the lads over the line last night and spurred them on to the end.

Did it sound decent in other areas of the ground?
My friends and I usually get a few songs going through the game in the CFS - spent first 10 mins of Saints game being asked to show tickets....... Spent first 10 mins last night singing away.

I know what would have a more positive effect on the club....

For all their recent misgivings, yesterday seemed like the stewards had gone back to the methods used last season im there which worked well - I just hope it stays that way rather than back to the usual tactics next week.

ClaretEngineer
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Post by ClaretEngineer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:40 am

Well done last night CFS Faithful, as well as producing a fine sound you also encouraged the rest of the ground to make some noise.

Top work.

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:24 am

The last 10 minutes or so lastnight, felt to me being in there, to be the loudest of the season. There was a feeling that we could bag all 3 points, the fans really got behind the team and the team duly responded.

3 points thanks very much....... WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE A CLARET !!! :lol:

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2534 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:15 pm

KRBFC wrote:I agree a big Success, the next step is to take the full stand and shove the away fans in the Jimmy Mac Lower.
Would like to see home fans behind both goals personally.