Transfer budget next season

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jedi_master
Been Liked: 3604 times
Has Liked: 1032 times

Re: Transfer budget next season

Post by jedi_master » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:32 pm

minnieclaret wrote:wrong thread, Jedi?
No, I just think that this could also be included in considering the transfer budget :)

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:38 pm

minnieclaret wrote:Spine of any side is the key to success.
Improved contracts for SD and Tom.
Do everything possible to keep Michael Keane.
A top ball winning midfielder, style of Kante.
A 20 goal a season striker.
Shouldn't cost anywhere near the amounts the OP mentions and would advance us.
All good points apart from the mythical 20 goals a season striker. Most of the top 6 clubs would like a 20 goal a season striker but they are as rare as Hens teeth and cost a lot of money.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:47 pm

If any stands are going it should be James Hargreaves. Build a decent one incorporating things that can be used to make more money all year round, corporate, better disabled facilities etc. Plenty of room.

Saying that doing the ground up would be low down my priorities save the usual touch ups.

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:12 pm

Id be very surprised if new contracts for Gray and Boyd werent agreed. Dyche has had a huge impact on both careers.

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:29 pm

Can't see Dyche being in a rush to leave. Unlikely that any of the top seven clubs would be in for him with perhaps the exception of Everton if they were to sack Koeman. A West Ham, Southampton or Stoke could be interesting, if any of those were to part company with their managers, but I think the rest of the current Premier League clubs either lack stability or aren't that much more of an attractive prospect than Burnley anyway.

At the end of the day, he is at a club where the Board are patient and willing to support him, the fans love him and the players are playing for him. As seen with a lot of other managers (and players) who have left for seemingly better things, the grass away from Turf Moor is not often that much greener.

Risk is that he thinks he's taken us as far as he can, but it's not as though there is much upside if he goes to another club. We are, after all, currently one of the top 12 clubs in the country and so the upside is fairly limited, unless he can land a job at one of the top clubs which seems unlikely at is stage. Indeed there are plenty of managers with a lot more top flight experience than Dyche who have never landed one of those top jobs ... think BFS, Pullis, Sparky, Bruce. The only one that has in recent times was Moyes to Man U and he failed to succeed and he is now rotting at the bottom of the league with Sunderland.

As for new signings (assuming Keane is the only permanent departure and Flanagan goes back to Liverpool once his loan is up), I think we will need at least one new centre half, two new full backs (left and right), a pacy winger (still) and another striker (being an upgrade on what we have, not a fourth choice back up).

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:33 pm

The big threat for me is if Benitez Leaves Newcastle and there have been rumblings.

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:37 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:The big threat for me is if Benitez Leaves Newcastle and there have been rumblings.
Problem with Newcastle is Mike Ashley .. will Dyche fancy a zero hours contract?
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:46 pm

Leicester would be the club who I could see moving for dyche. It's on his doorstep and I think after driving up and down the M6 four times a week for 4 years he might simply fancy a job closer to home. After all, in his words 'it's not a forever story.'
As for taking us as far as he can, I'd question that. Surely he'd expect further progress with a whopping brand new training ground he's had such an influence in shaping.

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:48 pm

Do you think he wants to manage in the Championship again ;-)

minnieclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2287 times

Post by minnieclaret » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:52 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:The big threat for me is if Benitez Leaves Newcastle and there have been rumblings.
Would you want to work for Ashley? I think SD has more sense than to do that.

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by Claretforever » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:56 pm

Blackrod wrote:I think we should think bigger and 2-3k extra capacity wouldn't go amiss. We don't need much bigger than that though. Corporate area could be expanded too.
I'm honestly not bothered in the slightest about an expanded Corporate area. An extra 2-3,000 seats wouldn't go amiss, but no more or we'd have a half empty ground if relegated. Put £10m Side in each of the next 3 seasons and then I'm sure any new developments on the ground would be viable.

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:59 pm

claretspice wrote:2-3 k extra takes us up to around 25k. As and when we're selling out 70% of home fixtures, we should consider it. For now, we're not. I'm not even sure we sold out Chelsea on Saturday.
We are currently selling 97% of our official home area capacity on average, and 95% of the ground. I'd suggest that if that trend continues next season, and we look comfortable, then it's time to look at respectable expansion plans. For the really big games we would sell 30,000 given the seats and larger away following, and more home seats would allow us to do offers to get the next generation involved with school freebies etc. Longer term thinking. I wouldn't suggest more than 25,000 no matter what the designs thoug, as it would be a bit foolish I think.

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:02 pm

Spijed wrote:Don't we always have the problem with 3 yr deals for our players? The Gray situation seems to be no different. They won't commit to 4-5 year stints because they feel they can get a move to a better club.
I think it's by design so as not to overcommit ourselves. 3 year deals even this season mean they get a deal this year (Prem money), and then two further years with parachute cash if relegated.

I think if we stay up, which means 3 years of parachute pay,ends, you might see 4 year deals, or 3.5 year in the January.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:10 pm

minnieclaret wrote:Would you want to work for Ashley? I think SD has more sense than to do that.
I don't think Ashley is the problem. And he backs his managers, financially and contract wise. Certainly longer than the fans up there do! Ashley is a successful businessman, its a huge club and hugely underachieving. Any Burnley fans who think given the opportunity if in the same league Dyche wouldnt go there is looking at it through claret tinted glasses. Even if he won the league cup there he would be a legend!

3putt
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by 3putt » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:17 pm

minnieclaret wrote:Spine of any side is the key to success.
Improved contracts for SD and Tom.
Do everything possible to keep Michael Keane.
A top ball winning midfielder, style of Kante.
A 20 goal a season striker.
Shouldn't cost anywhere near the amounts the OP mentions and would advance us.

We already have the 20 goal a season striker in Gray (actually 15-20). This is his first season at this level and a very disrupted one in which he has missed quite a lot of games, but I reckon he will still finish on 10. With a full season, some improvement and hopefully some better service, he is more than capable of getting somewhere near 20.

First thing we need to do is sort a new contract for him.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:46 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:I don't think Ashley is the problem. And he backs his managers, financially and contract wise. Certainly longer than the fans up there do! Ashley is a successful businessman, its a huge club and hugely underachieving. Any Burnley fans who think given the opportunity if in the same league Dyche wouldnt go there is looking at it through claret tinted glasses. Even if he won the league cup there he would be a legend!
Any Burnley fan thinking that Dyche would go to Newcastle is looking at it through Robertson's jam jar bottoms.

If you hadn't noticed, Dyche likes to be in control and there aren't many clubs where he can get that.

When he goes it'll be right for him, and huge club and money won't come in to it.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:01 am

If we were in the premier league and newcastle were and they approached him to be manager he would almost certainly take the job.

Eddie Howe left us for Bournemouth in league one!

charlyt
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by charlyt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:03 am

Hang on a bit.
Lets get the points and then return to this daft post....!

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:06 am

Doubt he'd move his family that far and I wonder if he'd like the commute?

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:14 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:If we were in the premier league and newcastle were and they approached him to be manager he would almost certainly take the job.

Eddie Howe left us for Bournemouth in league one!
Calm yourself down, he wouldn't leave for Newcastle, he's far too intelligent for that.

Eddie Howe wasn't up to it but may manage Southampton one day, that's about it.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:19 am

Sidney1st wrote:Doubt he'd move his family that far and I wonder if he'd like the commute?
Its only an extra 30 miles and no M6!

Most every day folk travel more and spend more time at work than a football manager will. Managers, like players move around and a successful one will move to wherever is the best opportunity for his career.

I believe Dyche could take us further here. But look at Wenger at Arsenal they all want him out. Look at Phil Brown and Aidy Boothroyd, seen as the next big things - they soon disappeared. You have got to maximise your earning potential and career opportunities. Moving to a Newcastle would open up many more doors. He would be in the spotlight and there is much more potential there than there is here.

After Newcastle he would almost certainly be guaranteed a job at a club of our size after that even if he failed.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:27 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:Calm yourself down, he wouldn't leave for Newcastle, he's far too intelligent for that.

Eddie Howe wasn't up to it but may manage Southampton one day, that's about it.
Newcastle are a bigger club and bigger potential than us.

We are probably more stable and we are a good fit for Dyche right now. Jay Rodriguez left us for Southampton and he apparently has an affinity for our club.

Dyche clearly loves it here. And is a big part of our success on and off the field. But if a bigger, better opportunity came along he would be off. Watford, a club he had a long association with, much longer than us binned him off with not much thought. Things change very quickly. Look at Ranieri. 90% of their fans want him out!

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:28 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote: After Newcastle he would almost certainly be guaranteed a job at a club of our size after that even if he failed.
And end up like 'Phil Brown' or 'Aidy Boothroyd'.

Dyche has been here over four years and you still don't get him?
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:34 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:And end up like 'Phil Brown' or 'Aidy Boothroyd'.

Dyche has been here over four years and you still don't get him?
When did Boothroyd or Brown take up a job at a Newcastle or bigger club than Hull or Watford?

I get him. He is the best manager of my lifetime. That is why a bigger, better opportunity than Burnley will come along and he will take it. When the time is right. I hope that time is many years to come.

He is an intelligent man. As you pointed out. Thats why he will take the right opportunity at the right time. And why he wont stay here beyond what he believes is where he can take us. If he does there is a risk he could become a Pulis, or a Hughes. Good Premier League Manager. Likely to get good jobs at good clubs but nothing better.

The best time to move is when your stock is high. Dyches stock is as high as it has ever been right now.

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:44 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:When did Boothroyd or Brown take up a job at a Newcastle or bigger club than Hull or Watford?

It's you who mentioned Newcastle and Phil Brown and Aidy Boothroyd as seen as the next big things, as an argument for Dyche leaving.

He'll be with us for a good while yet.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:46 am

Because both are logical reasons why he would leave. In the case of Brown and Boothroyd they didnt move when their stock was high. In the case of Newcastle they are a bigger club than us paying more money with more potential.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:56 am

I am not saying he will be their next manager, but if the job arose and they wanted him I would be very surprised if he didnt go there. All managers (Keegan aside) under Ashley for all the so called madness have retained their reputation and at worse gone back to the level they were at pre Newcastle.

Lets look at Newcastles managers under Ashley. Then even someone with half a brain can see why a job there would appeal. Thats even before you consider the potential, the facilities, the 50k a week gates and the multi million pound salary.

Benitez - Before Newcastle last job Real Madrid. Previous 5 jobs Napoli (second wealthiest club in Italy) Chelsea, Inter, Liverpool and Valencia). He is being paid millions. (in the top ten managers in the world). If he leaves they will pay similar money to the right man.
McClaren - Post Newcastle back at Derby where he was before. (Who had we not had Dyche would be a bigger club than us). No worse off than he was.
Pardew - Left for Palace where the fans loved him. So still got a decent job post Newcastle.
Hughton - No management experience before Newcastle. Since went to Brimingham. Decent club, at the time in the championship and in Europe. Were probably more of a draw than we were at the time. Then went to Norwich in the premier league, kept them up before being unfairly disimissed. Now at Brighton a club on the up with big backing.
Keegan - Strange appointment to appease the fans, didnt work and Keegan retired again
Allardyce - Got good jobs and had relative success at Rovers, West Ham, Sunderland before getting The England gig and cocking it up. Then ended up with another good job.

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:57 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Because both are logical reasons why he would leave. In the case of Brown and Boothroyd they didnt move when their stock was high. In the case of Newcastle they are a bigger club than us paying more money with more potential.

Really?

Bellend owner/chairman, fans who are more contrary than quite contrary Mary and no possible framework.

He'd be sacked within a season with that shower.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:03 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:Really?

Bellend owner/chairman, fans who are more contrary than quite contrary Mary and no possible framework.

He'd be sacked within a season with that shower.
See above.

Every manager they have had under Ashley was in a better position / job after Newcastle than they were before they took it.

Allardyce Pre Newcastle Bolton, post Newcastle Palace (via Blackburn, West Ham, Sunderland and England.) In a better position.
Hughton Pre Newcastle wasnt a manager. Post Newcastle a highly rated manager with three solid clubs. In a better position.
McClaren Pre Newcastle Derby, post Newcastle Derby. In the same position.
Keegan Pre Newcastle unemployed, post Newcastle unemployed. In the same position.
Pardew Pre Newcastle Southampton (Championship), post Newcastle Crystal Palace (Premier Leage). Better position.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:05 am

So looking at the list of managers, the players they've had and they're still in the championship...
With a massive wage bill.

They need intensive surgery on that squad to make it a half decent PL squad.
Even in January Benitez wanted to sign more players, but he should be walking the league really.

It requires a long term fix up there but the fans haven't got the patience due to believing they're some sort of massive club who should be in the upper echelons of the PL.

Dyche will do more for his reputation building us up then he will going there for a year or so.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:10 am

Sidney1st wrote:So looking at the list of managers, the players they've had and they're still in the championship...
With a massive wage bill.

They need intensive surgery on that squad to make it a half decent PL squad.
Even in January Benitez wanted to sign more players, but he should be walking the league really.

It requires a long term fix up there

Up to that point is exactly why he would be the perfect fit for them.

I hope Benitez stays there. If Benitez stays or they dont go up there is no chance he would go there. If they came up and he left though Dyche would be right at the top of their list.

Dyche will move when his stock is highest. 2 months ago there was talks of Howe for Arsenal and England. Now they are saying he could be fired.

Football is a very fickle game and Dyche will know this, especially after Watford.

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:16 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:See above.

Every manager they have had under Ashley was in a better position / job after Newcastle than they were before they took it.

Allardyce Pre Newcastle Bolton, post Newcastle Palace (via Blackburn, West Ham, Sunderland and England.) In a better position.
Hughton Pre Newcastle wasnt a manager. Post Newcastle a highly rated manager with three solid clubs. In a better position.
McClaren Pre Newcastle Derby, post Newcastle Derby. In the same position.
Keegan Pre Newcastle unemployed, post Newcastle unemployed. In the same position.
Pardew Pre Newcastle Southampton (Championship), post Newcastle Crystal Palace (Premier Leage). Better position.
You're not f''kin right in the head Cricketfield,

I know that you're on a wind up. :ugeek:

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:16 am

Then Newcastle aside lets look at the premier league.

Chelsea, City and United will certainly keep their managers. But beyond that there is no certainty. If Liverpool don't finish top 4 big questions will be asked of Klopp. Would he go there, absolutely. Would they want him probably not but they took Rodgers from Swansea.

Pochetinno would probably be at Spurs and Dyche is not the sort would imagine that would interest Spurs at this stage.

So realistically it is Everton downwards that may be interested in him and Bournemouth, Hull and probably Watford & Sunderland aside would interest him. Especially the likes of Southampton, West Ham, Everton, WBA if they became available.

Our most important transfer next season is giving Dyche a proper contract, not this one year rolling thing he has. Give hm a 4+ year deal on big money. He has earnt it.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:16 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:You're not f''kin right in the head Cricketfield,

I know that you're on a wind up. :ugeek:
What about that post in the words of Rafa Benitez is not a FACT

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:45 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Our most important transfer next season is giving Dyche a proper contract, not this one year rolling thing he has. Give hm a 4+ year deal on big money. He has earnt it.
Properly tuned in tonight aren't you?

We can give 3 year plus deals to players but we choose not to give them to the manager.

HELLO!

It's like you're being thick on purpose. :roll:

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3163 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:23 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Our most important transfer next season is giving Dyche a proper contract, not this one year rolling thing he has. Give hm a 4+ year deal on big money. He has earnt it.
I was of the understanding Dyche was on a rolling contract because that was what HE wanted - not what the board wanted - also that rolling contract has been improved at least twice during his tenure and he has benefitted from 2 large promotion bonuses (well earned) and will no doubt have a huge bonus for keeping us up this time

He may well deserve a further upgrade but it is unlikely he would want a long fixed term contract,

Question - do you think we should give him the type of contract he wants or risk him walking away because we insist he signs a fixed term deal?

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5174 times

Post by Rowls » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:06 am

claretandy wrote:No one is saying 25k plus but 2 to 3k extra on the bob lord with a new roof and premium seating would be ok, most of the decent seat are already gone.
Any increase to the ground would -from a business point of view- be focused on increasing commercial matchday revenue. The most sensible option for this would be corporate boxes at the back of the Bob Lord and a new roof to accommodate them.

Whether this is architecturally feasible I don't know.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:32 am

We don't need an awful lot, it all depends on outgoings. If nobody leaves I'd say we would only need a new striker to partner Gray and another fullback.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:03 am

Chester Perry wrote:I was of the understanding Dyche was on a rolling contract because that was what HE wanted - not what the board wanted - also that rolling contract has been improved at least twice during his tenure and he has benefitted from 2 large promotion bonuses (well earned) and will no doubt have a huge bonus for keeping us up this time

He may well deserve a further upgrade but it is unlikely he would want a long fixed term contract,

Question - do you think we should give him the type of contract he wants or risk him walking away because we insist he signs a fixed term deal?
I get that. We need to entice him into signing a longer deal. Perhaps with a certain release clause in (champions league ckub or england). contracts arent worth the paper theyre wrote on these days so he could leave anyway. If hes in demand and he wants to go it would happen. But a longer contract gives us both security and reassurance.

I dont know the answer though in this case. Maybe its because i am thick :lol:

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:59 am

What are the positives with this rolling contract for Dyche as opposed to a standard X year contract? Is his contract reviewed on a yearly basis? so he's given a yearly bonus and a yearly rise? (well earnt)

Walt
Been Liked: 113 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Walt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:19 am

charlyt wrote:Hang on a bit.
Lets get the points and then return to this daft post....!
The post does say quite early "should we stay up". It's a hypothetical topic to stimulate debate and establish opinions. I'd say if you are going to disagree with something at least read what you're disagreeing with.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:26 am

KRBFC wrote:What are the positives with this rolling contract for Dyche as opposed to a standard X year contract? Is his contract reviewed on a yearly basis? so he's given a yearly bonus and a yearly rise? (well earnt)
If he has a mare next season it's cheaper to sack him on a rolling contract then it would be on a longer term contract.

Managers can walk away with millions if they're on longer contracts, obviously dependant on their wages.

The downside is it's easier/cheaper for clubs to lure away a manager who's on a rolling contract then it is to get one on a longer contract.

Walt
Been Liked: 113 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Walt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:39 am

Dyche will obviously want what's best for him but he is focused on what is best for the club too. I'm sure he wouldn't be against us receiving a handsome compensation figure if anyone wants to speak to him.

I'd like to think any new deals will also include this when he does eventually leave. The current deal probably does anyway.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:41 am

Sidney1st wrote:If he has a mare next season it's cheaper to sack him on a rolling contract then it would be on a longer term contract.

Managers can walk away with millions if they're on longer contracts, obviously dependant on their wages.

The downside is it's easier/cheaper for clubs to lure away a manager who's on a rolling contract then it is to get one on a longer contract.
But how does that part (I made bold) benefit him? the rolling contract was Dyches choice surely to benefit himself not allow us to sack him for peanuts. The 2nd part makes sense as to why it benefits him a little but it kinda shows a lack of dedication to a long term project. I can't doubt his long term dedication, just from looking into it a bit deeper, a manager demanding a rolling contract seems a little strange. I must have missed out some of the major benefits, possibly something to do with bonuses/wage structure.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:43 am

KRBFC wrote:But how does that part (I made bold) benefit him? the rolling contract was Dyches choice surely to benefit himself not allow us to sack him for peanuts. The 2nd part makes sense as to why it benefits him a little but it kinda shows a lack of dedication to a long term project. I can't doubt his long term dedication, just from looking into it a bit deeper, a manager demanding a rolling contract seems a little strange. I must have missed out some of the major benefits, possibly something to do with bonuses/wage structure.
Note the other part where I said it's easier for managers to be lured away.

Diesel
Been Liked: 1228 times
Has Liked: 391 times

Post by Diesel » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:51 am

Part of the agreement with Barnfield construction regards the building and naming of the training facilities at Gawthorpe is that they are to build a new stadium which we will share with Nelson FC, work has already started on this and is scheduled to be completed by 2075.

The sites location is directly across the road from Nelson and Colne college, perfect for the by pass and motorway.
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:03 am

You can't expect Michael Keane to stay. This is his career and of course he wants to play for a top 6 club. He has served the Club well. However, I think we will have the funds to bring a good replacement in.

Same with Tom.

I can't see Sean staying for more than another year. Once he thinks he has put the Club on solid foundations, I think he will consider it a job done! I hope he gets his chance in a top 6 club. Replacing him is going to be a huge challenge!

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3163 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:53 pm

KRBFC wrote:What are the positives with this rolling contract for Dyche as opposed to a standard X year contract? Is his contract reviewed on a yearly basis? so he's given a yearly bonus and a yearly rise? (well earnt)
Effectively a 1 year rolling means Dyche starts every day on a new 1 year fixed term contract - most people who consider themselves on a permanent contract at work have between a week and 90 days entitlement to earnings should they lose they job for whatever reason - Dyche has a year

This could be looked at as a permanent contract +++++ and allows both parties to get on with running the club without worrying about contracts running down. So if you want Dyche tied to a long term deal you cannot effectively have a longer term deal than this - should both parties continue to want it to progress he is here for life.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:02 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:You can't expect Michael Keane to stay. This is his career and of course he wants to play for a top 6 club. He has served the Club well. However, I think we will have the funds to bring a good replacement in.
We don't need a direct replacement as James Tarkowski looks more than good enough.

jurek
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by jurek » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:23 pm

I think it will be as much, if not more than we've spent this year which was/is close to 35m
if my calculations are correct (Brady 13m + Westwood 5m + Hendricks 10m + Defour 7m).
If we sell Keane then probably more as we will need to get another centre half in.

It's likely we may even turn in a profit this year and even if we end up having to pay
some players 50k a week then we should still have a wage bill of say 40-50m max.

That does leave a significant amount for transfers but fully expect us to be relatively frugal
so I would guess we might go up to 40m in terms of spend.
That should be enough to bring in the 3 or 4 players we will likely need.

It's difficult to imagine we would be in a position to spend that much but it does seem more than feasible
given the income coming in which may well exceed 100m - be it this or next season assuming we stay up.