Paul Nuttall - a man of integrity

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Dejavu
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Re: Paul Nuttall - a man of integrity

Post by Dejavu » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:49 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:This has been proven to be a whopper!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... uk-economy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Today's unemployment figures- the best for 10 years!!

And what about another Remoaner "fib"

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... uk-economy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BOOOOM! That's another Remoaner lie exploded
You do realise we haven't left the EU yet?. On what terms we leave and how we leave will determine what happens to the UK economy. Lots of EU based companies will be buying from UK suppliers while they still can at favourable terms. Likewise many UK companies will be doing the same with EU imports. What happens when we do leave is still very uncertain and likely to send the UK back into recession.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:43 pm

Dejavu wrote:You do realise we haven't left the EU yet?. On what terms we leave and how we leave will determine what happens to the UK economy. Lots of EU based companies will be buying from UK suppliers while they still can at favourable terms. Likewise many UK companies will be doing the same with EU imports. What happens when we do leave is still very uncertain and likely to send the UK back into recession.
Yes I do realise we haven't left yet.

But.

Many of the threats and apocalyptic predictions that Operation Fear said would happen , by simply VOTING to leave. Not triggering Article 50. Just simply having the audacity to vote leave to bring economically disastrous for us. It simply hasn't happened .

Given that the world and his dog knows we are leaving. Why hasn't confidence and more importantly investment dried up, like we were told they would. It would cause years of uncertainty, they finger wagged at us. Well the "uncertainty" has had no effect on investment and confidence. Quite the opposite.

Purchasing managers order books reached record highs recently.

And large multinationals have continued to announce investment and locate headquarters here.

You see, all the sh1te about being cut adrift, isolated, on the periphery of Europe and becoming a economic back water. Were all lies peddled out, when we were trying to be convinced not joining the single currency.

Look at how that load of BS turned out.

So yes, I do realise we haven't left yet. The experts said simply VOTING ( NOT ACTUALLY LEAVING) would mean that within 6 months we'd be in a recession. It simply hasn't happened. Again against a backdrop of everyone knowing we're leaving.

But we better be sharp about it. Cos the way the EU is collapsing there may not be owt to leave!

Long live Europe and it's heritage traditions and culture

Death to the EU, it's bureaucrats, it's lack of accountability and democracy and it's grinding poverty causing agenda

Rowls
Been Liked: 5096 times
Has Liked: 5159 times

Post by Rowls » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:36 am

Walton wrote:Just to clarify, my post was meant to denigrate Paul Nuttall rather than yourself Rowls - I wasn't suggesting you were the EDL leader, or subscribe to the EDL's ethos. It was purely to show that he keeps particularly bad company, and your post allowed me to shoehorn it in.
Fair dos then Walton. A misunderstanding on what you intended on my part then. All the best, UTC etc :)
This user liked this post: Walton

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:40 am

Greenmile wrote:This cannot be used as a catch all excuse for lying.

E.g. It could (hypothetically) be my opinion that "Rowls is a racist" (for avoidance of doubt, it isn't), but if I said that in public you would be entitled to call me a liar or at least demand evidence. That's no different to what you have done to Snell.
You make a decent point. There isn't always a clear line between stating something and stating something as a belief.

However, on a pedantic point, if anyone called me a 'racist' I would not call them a liar, I would simply refute it.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:41 am

Falcon wrote:So essentially you just made it up then
Nope. I get all of my opinions from other people and co-opt them as my own. Just like 99% of the population. I'm not sure I've ever had an original thought in my life.

On the other hand, I'm more certain about you. :)

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:41 pm

Seems Pauls chums also claims he tried to join the Hillsborough Campaign.
People who run it say they've never heard from him.
How odd.
Last edited by Bordeauxclaret on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Look a bit harder sweetheart. Quick search on twitter.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:03 am

TomBenderson wrote:So, not only are you needlessly antagonistic to a genuine question just because you think I have some differing view to you, you also materially changed your post after the fact but don't make that clear. Well done you.

I mean, you quite literally just lied about who made the claim to try and make a political point. You couldn't make up that kind of irony.

On the upside, I think Paul Nuttall may be looking for a press aide. You seem to have the same standards of accuracy as the previous incumbent so there's an opportunity for you.
So are you saying those families involved with the 96 victims are making things up? - you seem to be taking the word of a liar over theirs.

Yet TomBenderson, he strangely has decided not even to have the decency to get in touch with any of the families and clear the matter up.

A quote:
Steve Kelly, a member of the Hillsborough Justice campaign whose brother Michael died in the Leppings Lane end, urged the under-pressure Ukip leader to provide further evidence if he was at Hillsborough that day.

“He’s claimed that he can back all this up. Well, if that’s the case, that’s all he’s got to do to clear his name,” he said.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:03 am

One thing I think we can all agree that unlike Farage, when Nuttall comes up with crap, it sticks.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:19 am

Its now front page on the BBC website Tom, if you are still having er "problems" finding it.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:48 am

Apologies Tom, it was on the Top ten news stories when I looked earlier. It isn't there now.

Regarding the last comment, Put it one way, I found it within a second of Bordeaux mentioning it last night. You still on dial up?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:56 am

The one we are talking about. Paul Nuttal and the Hillsborough campaign thingy.

Lets assume that he's not guilty of this (as you clearly believe, me, I have no strong feelings if he wants to lie, he's UKIP, and therefore against pretty much everything that I believe in, so I'm not going to listen to him ever!).

Which of his other rather silly/misguided/ insert whatever you want here bits he's been found out about this week do you think we should ignore and not talk about?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:59 am

Oops. Me bad. This is the one I was on about, and you are right, it only mentions all his other lies. My apologies Tom. Seems he's only lied about everything else, not this.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/paul-nutt ... oke-2017-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:01 am

And I found that on a search on "BBC News Paul Nuttall" btw

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:10 am

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:39 am

Hmmm, he could give Corybn Labour party a massive shot in the arm if he fails to win.

HatfieldClaret
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by HatfieldClaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:42 am

Hmm, could be good for the Tories if Labour win Stoke; keeps Corbyn safely as leader.

A bit like Coyle at Rovers........

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:44 am

They don't need any more help that they have had already from Corbyn thank you very much!
This user liked this post: HatfieldClaret

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:47 am

Just to clear my bit up on this before Tom's weekend is completely ruined and he spends this afternoon shouting "liar" at random people on Harry Potts Way.

I saw the quotes from Margaret Aspinall. However when I looked at the Express it was only good old Nige and not both as she thought, hence I edited my post.

https://skwawkbox.org/2017/02/17/exclus ... -in-touch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Loved the part about being deliberately antagonistic by Tom. That's so, we'll you know the word.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:49 am

Well, to help him narrow his shouting down a bit, I'll be with three lads the same age, three kids (two of them mine) and my dad.

Should be fairly easy to spot!

No biggy btw, I should have checked my story was the same as yours before calling him out.

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:55 am

Just claim your press aide posted it. He'll defend you.

Zugunruhe
Been Liked: 19 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by Zugunruhe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:17 am

Oh no. It's that Paul Nuttall - the man of great integrity, AGAIN.

The leader of Ukip, Paul Nuttall, has come under renewed pressure after it emerged that his website published incorrect claims that he was a board member of a vocational training charity.

https://tinyurl.com/z499ckf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Holmeclaret
Been Liked: 201 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by Holmeclaret » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:52 am

I wonder how many anti Corbyn labour supporters are secretly hoping for UKIP win. It would signal the end for Corbyn.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:33 am

I presume that's it for UKIP & Paul Nuttall.

Can't see them winning another seat at the next election.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:53 am

Spijed wrote:I presume that's it for UKIP & Paul Nuttall.

Can't see them winning another seat at the next election.

It's been 'it' for UKIP since the Conservatives adopted all their policies and allowed people to vote for them without being tarred as 'racist'.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:36 am

I think UKIP need to take a long hard look at themselves or risk becoming completely irrelevant. Mr. Nuttall is the party leader and yet (through his or others close to himself) has become tarred as a liar and opportunist. It was Nigel's personality that dragged UKIP to the success they got and PN does not have the personality to appeal to the masses. Also the whole "UKIP" reason for being has disappeared (as far none activists are concerned) with the Brexit vote and the Tories stealing their ground.

I would urge a complete re-branding, possibly even up to and including a name change. A serious look at who has that winning personality that people are willing to trust (or at least give the benefit of the doubt to).

I think its a shame because the is a place for them at the top table of politics if they get their act together. Lets face it there will never be a better time to become the "opposition" to remain as they are is to become as realistic a threat as the Greens given another six months.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:47 am

[quote="elwaclaretI think its a shame because the is a place for them at the top table of politics if they get their act together. Lets face it there will never be a better time to become the "opposition" to remain as they are is to become as realistic a threat as the Greens given another six months.[/quote]

Why do we need an 'opposition' to remain? Brexit is government policy and the official 'opposition' isn't opposing it!

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:16 am

martin_p wrote:[quote="elwaclaretI think its a shame because the is a place for them at the top table of politics if they get their act together. Lets face it there will never be a better time to become the "opposition" to remain as they are is to become as realistic a threat as the Greens given another six months.
Why do we need an 'opposition' to remain? Brexit is government policy and the official 'opposition' isn't opposing it![/quote]

I am not talking of Brexit.... that ship has sailed along with it UKIP's current relevance to the man in the street. I personally think the most dangerous thing for Britain is 'playing politics' with our split from Europe. It needs doing as quickly and sensibly as possible, treading water and spoiling tactics are neither going to change the result nor serve the country.

It is quite obvious that the Labour party's main chance of being elected right now is discovering that the entire country is sat on a coal seem a couple of feet below the surface.

Labour needs to get its act together and quickly one Party (of whatever colour) is not good for the country - The Tories are about generating wealth so that it eventually (in theory) trickles down, Labour Social responsibility VERY DIFFERENT IDEALS very different politics.

JC is just like Michael Foote clearly a deep thinking man but will NEVER appeal to the mass populace (especially surrounding himself with Dianne Abbott types). I love Trotskyism in theory - BUT IT WILL NEVER WORK IN PRACTICE. We need an opposition that can threaten the TORIES to keep them focused and stop them riding roughshod over the poorest and most vulnerable in Society NOW not when the garden becomes rosy again (in the Tory Utopia that in reality never happens ). Look at Thatcher the country desperately needed a kick up the arse but given so much control it became almost despotic. That is what happens when there is no opposition. WE NEED AN ELECTABLE OPPOSITION be it Red, Yellow, Purple or Sky Blue with Yellow dots.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:27 am

elwaclaret wrote:I am not talking of Brexit.... that ship has sailed along with it UKIP's current relevance to the man in the street. I personally think the most dangerous thing for Britain is 'playing politics' with our split from Europe. It needs doing as quickly and sensibly as possible, treading water and spoiling tactics are neither going to change the result nor serve the country.

It is quite obvious that the Labour party's main chance of being elected right now is discovering that the entire country is sat on a coal seem a couple of feet below the surface.

Labour needs to get its act together and quickly one Party (of whatever colour) is not good for the country - The Tories are about generating wealth so that it eventually (in theory) trickles down, Labour Social responsibility VERY DIFFERENT IDEALS very different politics.

JC is just like Michael Foote clearly a deep thinking man but will NEVER appeal to the mass populace (especially surrounding himself with Dianne Abbott types). I love Trotskyism in theory - BUT IT WILL NEVER WORK IN PRACTICE. We need an opposition that can threaten the TORIES to keep them focused and stop them riding roughshod over the poorest and most vulnerable in Society NOW not when the garden becomes rosy again (in the Tory Utopia that in reality never happens ). Look at Thatcher the country desperately needed a kick up the arse but given so much control it became almost despotic. That is what happens when there is no opposition. WE NEED AN ELECTABLE OPPOSITION be it Red, Yellow, Purple or Sky Blue with Yellow dots.
We do need an opposition, but UKIP certainly isn't it. The Brexit vote was 52% to 48%. Any opposition needs to be reflecting the views of the 48% and that isn't UKIP.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:30 am

We don't need UKIP anywhere though. What they stand for (apart from Brexit) is not acceptable to the majority. They are even more right wing than this Conservative govt, which takes some doing.

We are essentially now being lead by intellectual buffoons like David Davis, IDS and Boris, with complete nutjobs like Bill Cash and John Redwood backing them up.

For Labour to completely be unable to do anything against that lot in places like Copeland and Stoke (if the Cons had actually bothered campaigning there, they would have won) is genuinely terrifying.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:42 am

martin_p wrote:We do need an opposition, but UKIP certainly isn't it. The Brexit vote was 52% to 48%. Any opposition needs to be reflecting the views of the 48% and that isn't UKIP.
That was my point Martin. UKIP as a party has become irrelevant and needs to take a long look at itself. Change the leader and come back completely re-branded or die.

Sadly I can say the same for Labour and the Liberal's. None of them are remotely close to being a REAL opposition and that is what is frightening.

The Tories have a free hand and sooner or later (whatever you individual politics) that is NEVER a good thing.

As I say as far as Brexit is concerned as far as I can see its done. To try and stop it now is merely to wobble an already unsteady ship. We need politics for grown ups working together to get the best result from the breakup we can get. Same goes for the NHS its too important to delay or mess with it it needs sorting by genuine people as quickly and painlessly as possible because treading water serves no one except career politicians.
Last edited by elwaclaret on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:46 am

Lib Dems have changed though, but its a long way back from where they are.

SNP can't be trusted as an opposition, because they don't care about the UK.

Lab are stuck because the members don't live in the real world

UKIP are nothing without Farage, but with Farage are hated by too many people, and even Farage couldn't win as an MP.

Its not good
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1354 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:49 am

elwaclaret wrote:I would urge a complete re-branding, possibly even up to and including a name change
You can't polish a turd...

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:51 am

How about UKIP renaming itself something catchy, like the National Socialist Workers Party?

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:51 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Lib Dems have changed though, but its a long way back from where they are.

SNP can't be trusted as an opposition, because they don't care about the UK.

Lab are stuck because the members don't live in the real world

UKIP are nothing without Farage, but with Farage are hated by too many people, and even Farage couldn't win as an MP.

Its not good
Absokinlutely Lancaster worse than not good its bloody scary.

brigante
Been Liked: 240 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by brigante » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:53 am

I never thought this odious gobshite could be more dislikeable, and then he started hitting the streets in box fresh tweed and flat cap. Good riddance melt.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:57 am

When ukip get a good result it's a "flash in the pan"

When they get a bad result it's "the end"

They've gone from nothing 20 years ago to pushing labour hard in a seat they've held for 80 years( I think)

Write them off at your peril.

As for labour the Stoke result means corbyn will stay. He's like Owen Coyle was at Blackburn after the odd decent result.....

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:59 am

Thing is Ringo, Stoke is the Brexit capital of the north, like Thanet was the Brexit capital of the south.

Being anti-EU isn't enough when they are anti-NHS and anti-public services as well.

People vote in referendums and European elections for anti-EU candidates, not in parliamentary ones.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:59 am

AS for UKIP I don't agree they're SO FAR to the right to deserve NAZI comparisons' that's just lazy and scare mongering. I'm no UKIP'er just a general observation that they have/had a bloody decent share of the vote, and so demand respect (at least for now). BUT should they wish to remain relevant they need to think fast because the sand has shifted and they have not reacted positively to it. They need to change or lose all relevance.

We need alternative views, but most we need someone to step up to the plate who the Tories fear. I'm no fan of UKIP but then again I'm no supporter of the Socialist Working Party - we just need SOMEONE to make the Tories answerable in Parliament.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1354 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:05 am

elwaclaret wrote:BUT should they wish to remain relevant they need to think fast because the sand has shifted and they have not reacted positively to it. They need to change or lose all relevance.
They've never been anything more than a one man (Farage) and one issue (leaving the EU) party.

Now that Farage has disappeared up Donald Trump's arse and the Conservative party has adopted their only policy, they're finished.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:06 am

Bullshit elwa, they have always been BNP-lite.

It wouldn't surprise me that the pic of Nuttall shaking the hands with that BNP activist was the actual main reason he lost. People can only ignore that level of colusion before they start thinking "hang on, is this really who and what I want to vote for".

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:21 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Bullshit elwa, they have always been BNP-lite.

It wouldn't surprise me that the pic of Nuttall shaking the hands with that BNP activist was the actual main reason he lost. People can only ignore that level of colusion before they start thinking "hang on, is this really who and what I want to vote for".
We'll have to agree to disagree on that Lancaster. They are Right wing and not for me but they are a long way from BNP, they have a cross racial support base (not huge I'll admit but it is there). The BNP are along way right of them to the point of the complete nut jobs of British Movement and Blood and honour being in their ranks. As a former Skinhead (none racist) I have had more than my fair share of brushes with Nazi's and can promise you there is a huge difference.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:45 pm

The end of UKIP?

Nigel Farage is not a happy man!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02 ... ll-thrown/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Bullshit elwa, they have always been BNP-lite.
Nah, this is just confirmation bias of your own prejudices. They may get votes from ex-BNP voters but so do Labour and the Conservatives. Heck, I'm sure there are a few very elderly ex-Nazi voters hanging on in Germany and Austria...

UKIP aren't the BNP in disguise. They just aren't.

They're their own unique brand of crank.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:13 pm

The imminent Peoples Front of Judea v the Judeans Peoples front in Clacton should be worth a watch.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:15 pm

See the former head of the KKK just backed Farage.

But its ok, UKIP are not racist or BNP lite cos Rowls says so.