Loyalty points

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Loyalty points

Post by bfcmik » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Whilst I don't disagree entirely with regular attendees getting an element of priority for away tickets I do believe the loyalty point scheme has become totally self-reinforcing whilst we are in the Premier League.

With the limited amount of tickets allocated for away games tickets very rarely get down to general sale and then only in limited quantities. My son has a young family and, with me living 130 miles away, him even further, and both working in the transport industry, it is difficult to get to many games together.

I have a home season ticket in the CF and with around 2700 points I can normally get a ticket for myself for away matches but I really prefer to go with my son and thus need to wait until tickets go on general sale so that we can 'sit' together. He has occasionally been a season ticket holder in the past and has around 1600 points but my 6 year grandson has only been to 3 games at Turf Moor and 3 games away so only has around 60 points.

Would it be an idea to set aside something like 10% of away tickets for sale to non season ticket holders maybe for sale by a ballot?

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Re: Loyalty points

Post by Sidney1st » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:02 pm

Good luck with this one, you've got absolutely no chance of getting this one past the 3000 points plus gang :lol:

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Join the foundation and you'll not have the loyalty points issue.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:12 pm

Similar situation here

Both myself & brother have over 5000 but my dad, for various reasons, has less than 2000.

Fully agree that those that have traveled regularly to away games should get priority but I'm not sure why we have never based it on a rolling period, say 5yrs.

They will be that many people on the 3/5k mark and the allocation of points is that limited, that it will be virtually impossible for the next generation to catch-up

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:27 pm

Even though I've got over 5000 points (proper fan ;)) I think that a number should be put aside for those with limited points otherwise it will always be a closed shop.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:28 pm

I hate part time fans.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:30 pm

It's a bit late for him now, but I'm sure he'll be here soon to give his opinion.
( which is of course 110% correct by the way )

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:35 pm

Haven't most games made it to general sale this season?

HendricksHair
Been Liked: 104 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by HendricksHair » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:47 pm

You'd think they'd make it so away tickets for Juniors can be bought without a required amount of loyalty points, as long as it is bought with an Adult ticket. Would help in bringing through the next generation of fans if they are able to experience away matches with their parents/grandparents
These 2 users liked this post: bfcmik wilks_bfc

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:09 pm

I have over 6000 points...mainly due to being a season ticket holder since the year dot. I do got to the odd away game but wouldnt class myself as a regular these days. I managed to get a Sunderland away ticket and a ticket for my mum and daughter no problems online. They dont even have a clarets number. It seems it isnt a totally closed shop after all although obviously all the loyalty points will go to me.
Putting it short it looks like as long as the applicant has the required points then they can order for others.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2072 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:19 pm

I get round the Loyalty points system by getting a ST in the family stand and purchasing a free ST. By the time my lad goes on his first game he should have 3500 points without actually attending a match.

4 of my mates have copied this but it will be a few years before it comes to fruition for them.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:30 pm

'...Putting it short it looks like as long as the applicant has the required points then they can order for others...'

When applying online each ticket application has to have attained the required min loyalty points to enable a successful application!

...unless there's something fishy going on! :D

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:55 pm

claretblue wrote:'...Putting it short it looks like as long as the applicant has the required points then they can order for others...'

When applying online each ticket application has to have attained the required min loyalty points to enable a successful application!

...unless there's something fishy going on! :D
Well it doesn't seem that way as I now have 3 tickets. Tracking back on what i said...my mum and daughter are on my friends and family list and as such do have their own clarets numbers. However when i tried to do it that way it would not let me purchase. I then tried putting them all in my own name/under my own number (1 adult, 1 over 65 and 1 juvenile) and it went through no problem.

Make of that what you will.

claretblue

Post by claretblue » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Well done somethingfishy...i wasn't doubting you or making an inference -
Just making a play with your username.

....glad you're sorted for tickets! :)
This user liked this post: Somethingfishy

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:09 pm

I have to say I am a bit confused as to how it let me..but if i can i'm sure others can.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:I get round the Loyalty points system by getting a ST in the family stand and purchasing a free ST. By the time my lad goes on his first game he should have 3500 points without actually attending a match.

4 of my mates have copied this but it will be a few years before it comes to fruition for them.
Don't you think that's a bit of an abuse of the system, qtt? I think the free season ticket for u10s is a great way of attracting young fans but that's taking the p1ss out of it. Often wondered why there's so many empty seats in the JMU. I can't believe they let you get away with it.

However I do find it a bit frustrating that I can't get my little un tickets for away games and it will take him years to get up to 3000 points, let alone 5000.

What about a system whereby you spend loyalty points on the higher demand away games rather than accumulate them? That might allow more people to get a look in.

NEILTHO61
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NEILTHO61 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:13 pm

I checked my points history this week and half the away tickets I've bought haven't been awarded pointsfor the last 2 seasons and I go to quite a few
Has anyone else noticed their accounts ?

HendricksHair
Been Liked: 104 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by HendricksHair » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:32 pm

They could change the loyalty points for away games attended. e.g Fo the 1st away game of the season fans who went to x amount of away matches the previous season get priority for a few days, then gradually reduce the number of games for each priority period?

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:38 pm

The only perfect system is the one that gets you, personally a ticket. That's why it's an impossible task to sort.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2072 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:14 am

scouseclaret wrote:Don't you think that's a bit of an abuse of the system, qtt? I think the free season ticket for u10s is a great way of attracting young fans but that's taking the p1ss out of it. Often wondered why there's so many empty seats in the JMU. I can't believe they let you get away with it.

However I do find it a bit frustrating that I can't get my little un tickets for away games and it will take him years to get up to 3000 points, let alone 5000.

What about a system whereby you spend loyalty points on the higher demand away games rather than accumulate them? That might allow more people to get a look in.
I'm only on the wind up. I go in the Cricketfield stand.
This user liked this post: Stan8

Skinny Claret

Post by Skinny Claret » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:57 am

Fans who have supported team for years travelling to Oxford Plymouth York not just glory hunters obviously should get first choice

nonayclaret
Been Liked: 53 times
Has Liked: 64 times

Post by nonayclaret » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:14 pm

If you have over 6000 pts, can that count towards 2 x 3000 pts requirement on the same ST?

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6488 times
Has Liked: 2911 times

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:35 pm

How do you check how many points you have please?

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2633 times
Has Liked: 6448 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:51 pm

The only thing I would personally change is making away tickets available to ST holders with the qualifying points in the first instance like it is now (for instance the Liverpool away game is 5000 points) , but after that, to be available to anyone who has the qualifying points, say for example 3000 points - not just ST holders. My reasoning is that there are people who cant get to regular home games and justify a ST purchase, but they still go to as many games as they can including away games and accrue the points that way.

smudge
Been Liked: 51 times
Has Liked: 140 times

Post by smudge » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Skinny Claret wrote:Fans who have supported team for years travelling to Oxford Plymouth York not just glory hunters obviously should get first choice
But how's that going to work there has to be some system when tickets are limited.
The points system is the only system that can work and is the fairest.
Supporters with over 5000 points are not glory hunters but regular supporters.

iluva64
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 130 times

Post by iluva64 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:40 pm

So post 3, Barry, can some one enlighten me.

I often travel alone to away matches, if I can get a ticket, which often means going behind enemy lines which hasn't quite got the atmosphere as being with your own fans. Particularly now we are in the Prem and hopefully next year too and I don't rack up any misery points as I have to seek a ticket via the respective away team web site.
I see that by joining the foundation, which costs £2.00 per week, one of the things is you get priority ticket ordering service....so how does that work. Do you get loyalty points?? or is there another way to get the tickets.

I would be happy to pay £100 per year in order to get tickets to the 8/9 away games I can get too.

claretblue

Post by claretblue » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:53 pm

Steve1956 wrote:How do you check how many points you have please?
go to:

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hover mouse over tickets banner then click on 'tickets online'

log in with your Clarets number + password and your loyalty points total will be on show or

click on Loyalty Points then enter Clarets number + password

good luck Steve! :)

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6488 times
Has Liked: 2911 times

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:43 pm

claretblue wrote:go to:

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

log in with your Clarets number + password and your loyalty points total will be on show or

Cheers buddy.

Croydon Claret
Been Liked: 1155 times
Has Liked: 783 times

Post by Croydon Claret » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:20 pm

iluva64 wrote:So post 3, Barry, can some one enlighten me.

I often travel alone to away matches, if I can get a ticket, which often means going behind enemy lines which hasn't quite got the atmosphere as being with your own fans. Particularly now we are in the Prem and hopefully next year too and I don't rack up any misery points as I have to seek a ticket via the respective away team web site.
I see that by joining the foundation, which costs £2.00 per week, one of the things is you get priority ticket ordering service....so how does that work. Do you get loyalty points?? or is there another way to get the tickets.

I would be happy to pay £100 per year in order to get tickets to the 8/9 away games I can get too.
I've been a member for the last two Prem seasons.

They set aside a certain number of tickets for foundation members, although I don't think it's written down anywhere exactly how many

You then just call the ticket office directly and tell them you're a Foundation member. Tickets are allocated on a first come first served basis so I usually phone the first day they go on sale. You get your loyalty points for each ticket you buy.

Sometimes they allocate more tickets if the initial batch sells out but it's not guaranteed so always phone as soon as you can.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:22 pm

claretblue wrote:go to:

It won't, however, tell you the points of any friends& family members you have linked, but helpfully say

"Number xxxxxx only has <<<loyality_current>>> loyality points"

(And yes, that is how it is spelt on the website :roll: )

turbo5
Been Liked: 113 times
Has Liked: 164 times

Post by turbo5 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:37 pm

Personally I don't think there is a perfect system that suits all.
Some people have 5000+ points and have rarely been to away games whilst others who don't have enough points attend most of the away games and really struggle to get the high profile games . Its usually matches like the Man Utd ,City & Liverpool that brings out granny and grandad's season ticket for plastic johnny who is attending his first away game this season and he might even be a closet Man Utd or Liverpool fan.
Most people know someone with 5000 or 3000+ points who don't go to away games and are willing to get tickets for people who should be further down the pecking order.
If you think about it, they shoudn't be any young kids at the high profile games as they wont have the required points.
Personally, I think away game loyaty should be based on away games attended, 5am and 6am get ups £30+ coach trips plus ticket cost getting home at midnight, taking holidays off work for midweek games etc this type of loyalty needs rewarding.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller