It's all getting a bit Trumpy in here

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

It's all getting a bit Trumpy in here

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Talk of banning people because we don't like there heritage, don't care for their opinion, or simply because they may or may not interfere with horses is dangerously close to the New Third Reich of USA.

Perhaps we should temper our emotions, vote with our thumbs, and resist temptation.

'Sees bait, swims away' should be the mantra of many posters on this message board!
This user liked this post: mrhungryone

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6963 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Re: It's all getting a bit Trumpy in here

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:43 pm

I don't think that anybody has suggested that Saxoman should be banned because he's a Blackburn fan and has different views.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10256 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Absolutely. I'm assuming this a thread along the lines of the current "Saxo" one, you know the one where the whole point of banning him is not because of his heritage, beliefs or tendencies but because he is a rather stupid and pointless little gobshite who pretends to be larking about but isn't really.
Nothing to do with being dangerously close to anything.

Diesel
Been Liked: 1228 times
Has Liked: 391 times

Post by Diesel » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Excellent use of the messageboard.
This user liked this post: Corky

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I don't think that anybody has suggested that Saxoman should be banned because he's a Blackburn fan and has different views.
I'd suggest they have.
This user liked this post: mrhungryone

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:59 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Absolutely. I'm assuming this a thread along the lines of the current "Saxo" one, you know the one where the whole point of banning him is not because of his heritage, beliefs or tendencies but because he is a rather stupid and pointless little gobshite who pretends to be larking about but isn't really.
Nothing to do with being dangerously close to anything.
Fake news cried Sean Spicer...

Don't be pretend to be principled, and then call him '...pointless little gobshite..'. That statement itself is exactly what I'm being notice to.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:02 pm

We have journalists at our own burnley express who support the boycott on the sun in Liverpool, and who can't believe Trump's media ban.
Irony isn't lost on some folk

Flatline
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 130 times

Post by Flatline » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:18 pm

Has Trump Banned Saxo? Vote Trump! :D

boiledclaret
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 1022 times

Post by boiledclaret » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:46 pm

Swop Saxo for Trump.

No one would mind. One of them's a bumbling incompetent and the other one's Saxo.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:53 pm

Fake poster. Is that you Saxo?

Nobody is suggesting banning him because he is from another Club. It's just the fact he is a attention seeking, wind up merchant making this forum a miserable place to visit.

Rather sad given he's 41.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2351 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:13 pm

Damo wrote:We have journalists at our own burnley express who support the boycott on the sun in Liverpool, and who can't believe Trump's media ban.
Hi Damo,

Is that a problem?
Burnley Express journalists supporting a boycott of a competing newspaper (we might agree I'm using that term without any judgement on the quality of the sun. Also, we can agree that BE is local and sun is national).
Leader of the largest economy and most powerful democracy in the world banning media a number of major media outlets (CNN, NY Times and BBC from what I've heard - maybe others as well. Or it may have changed from yesterday...).

I'm sure we all have difficulty understanding why PDT wants to ban main stream media.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2351 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:15 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:Talk of banning people because we don't like there heritage, don't care for their opinion, or simply because they may or may not interfere with horses is dangerously close to the New Third Reich of USA.

Perhaps we should temper our emotions, vote with our thumbs, and resist temptation.

'Sees bait, swims away' should be the mantra of many posters on this message board!
Hi Daniel, "live and let live" works for me.

I'm hoping that Saxoman will stay on this site and join the rest of us as a Claret.

UTC

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1826 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:16 pm

Many websites heavily moderate their comments to keep thing civils and on topic whilst encouraging healthy and entertaining debate. Also America has the First Amendment, UTC has no such obligations.

To compare by using current US politics as an analogy anything that happens on this board with the true horrors of Nazi Germany is the largest exaggeration and most hyperbolic statement imaginable.

This thread should have been a comment in the thread it refers to, where by reading the comments you could see you claims of motive are untrue.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1826 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:20 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the attempt to invalidate someone else's position on the basis that the same view was held by Adolf Hitler or the Nazi Party, for example: "Hitler believed in eugenics, X believes in eugenics, therefore X is a Nazi".

The suggested rationale is one of guilt by association. It is a tactic often used to derail arguments, because such comparisons tend to distract and anger the opponent, as Hitler and Nazism have been condemned in the modern world.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:11 am

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:Fake news cried Sean Spicer...

Don't be pretend to be principled, and then call him '...pointless little gobshite..'. That statement itself is exactly what I'm being notice to.

Try it again, this time in English. :lol:

How is referring to the odd Blackburn/ Liverpool "fan" as "a pointless little gobshite" without principle ? It's called making a point, something you failed to do in your post rather miserably, I fear.

3putt
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by 3putt » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:30 am

[quote="Danieljwaterhouse"]Talk of banning people because we don't like there heritage, don't care for their opinion, or simply because they may or may not interfere with horses is dangerously close to the New Third Reich of USA.

'Sees bait, swims away' should be the mantra of many posters on this message board![/quot

You are spectacularly wrong.

You need to read the Saxo out thread fully before commenting

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:54 am

Trumpton......
Pugh,Pugh,Barney McGrew,Cuthbert.Dibble and Grub....those were the days :D

https://youtu.be/s6YE4PCRNwc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:02 am

https://youtu.be/SBI9iBerg3w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:13 am

If you look carefully at the posters who want people banned these are the same people who were on the depressant thread a few months ago talking about their depressive state of mind and lives. It’s no coincidence these people have no or very low self-esteem and thus getting a poster banned gives them control, power and positive self-esteem.

Damo

Post by Damo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:24 am

Paul Waine wrote:Hi Damo,

Is that a problem?
Burnley Express journalists supporting a boycott of a competing newspaper (we might agree I'm using that term without any judgement on the quality of the sun. Also, we can agree that BE is local and sun is national).
Leader of the largest economy and most powerful democracy in the world banning media a number of major media outlets (CNN, NY Times and BBC from what I've heard - maybe others as well. Or it may have changed from yesterday...).

I'm sure we all have difficulty understanding why PDT wants to ban main stream media.
He isn't in favour of boycotting the sun because the BE is in competition with them.
He wants them banned because they published something he didn't like.
Just like Trump.

3putt

Post by 3putt » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:Talk of banning people because we don't like there heritage, don't care for their opinion, or simply because they may or may not interfere with horses is dangerously close to the New Third Reich of USA.

There is a fair chance that Danieljwaterhouse is one of Saxo's alter ego's and very likely indeed that mrhungryone is.

If so, he has started a post about himself and one of his other selfs has liked it!

Oh dear! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:44 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:If you look carefully at the posters who want people banned these are the same people who were on the depressant thread a few months ago talking about their depressive state of mind and lives. It’s no coincidence these people have no or very low self-esteem and thus getting a poster banned gives them control, power and positive self-esteem.

Er, I wasn't on the depressant thread but feel free to name names if you can...........I wouldn't be depressed at all to see the now-resident Rovers nutjob kicked off the site. :lol:

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2001 times
Has Liked: 1148 times

Post by FCBurnley » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:49 pm

SAXO OUT

3putt

Post by 3putt » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:58 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:If you look carefully at the posters who want people banned these are the same people who were on the depressant thread a few months ago talking about their depressive state of mind and lives. It’s no coincidence these people have no or very low self-esteem and thus getting a poster banned gives them control, power and positive self-esteem.

Never even saw a depressant thread, as I'm sure the majority of those voicing their dismay with Saxo haven't.

Some people are reading way too much into this with their physcobabble analysis.

Saxo is a real nuisance poster that has been on here for a long time trying to wind people up and clearly a large number of people on the post in question have similar views and have had enough of him.

It's that simple.

Clarinetclaret
Been Liked: 130 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Clarinetclaret » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Oh yeah, banning a wind up merchant from a message board is equivalent to closing the borders to immigrants. Get a bloody life!

Clarinetclaret
Been Liked: 130 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Clarinetclaret » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Arent you the one who talks shite about who we're signing because you supposedly live next door to a player?
Congratulations youre talking shite again.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Damo wrote:We have journalists at our own burnley express who support the boycott on the sun in Liverpool, and who can't believe Trump's media ban.
Are you suggesting that people working for private companies supporting a boycott of another private company is the same as or similar to a head of state banning media?

Damo

Post by Damo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:33 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Are you suggesting that people working for private companies supporting a boycott of another private company is the same as or similar to a head of state banning media?
No, I'm suggesting a Journalist(if you can call him that) supporting a boycott of a media outlet, because he didn't like something it posted as a story, complaining that Trump banning certain sections of the media from his presser, just because they post ********, is quite ironic and really silly

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:39 pm

What's the difference between boycotting the sun and being nocturnal?

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Like who? I'm interested.
Link the said topic, sounds like one I'd love to read through. May explain some of the abuse I have received on here.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:57 pm

So because some people may suffer from depression or low self esteem, they want to boost this by getting someone banned from the site?

Seems a particularly tenuous link and trivialises a different issue.

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1475 times
Has Liked: 634 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Surely if residents of Liverpool don't want to buy The Sun that's an individuals choice - if The Majority of Liverpool fans don't want their club to admit Sun Journalists that would be a club listening to their fans - both rather legitimate things to do in response to scandalous coverage of Hillsborough by The Sun.
Freedom of Press and Media is a key part of democracy. Democratic governments that want to remain democratic do well to remember that - if they are happy to become dictatorships that's a different matter entirely. Football Clubs are not democratic governments they are football clubs. I don't see any irony as there is absolutely no correlation between the two.

spadesclaret
Been Liked: 2147 times
Has Liked: 3782 times

Post by spadesclaret » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Show me where I posted on the 'depressant' thread.
This user liked this post: Diesel

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Damo wrote:No, I'm suggesting a Journalist(if you can call him that) supporting a boycott of a media outlet, because he didn't like something it posted as a story, complaining that Trump banning certain sections of the media from his presser, just because they post ********, is quite ironic and really silly

So by calling it ironic you are implying that the two actions are the same or similar, when there are fundamental differences between the two.

Damo

Post by Damo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:15 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:So by calling it ironic you are implying that the two actions are the same or similar, when there are fundamental differences between the two.
He wants certain sections of the media silenced because they said something he didn't like.
Similar to trump.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:38 pm

Damo wrote:He wants certain sections of the media silenced because they said something he didn't like.
Similar to trump.

no he doesn't. A boycott of someone speaking is absolutely nothing like silencing that person.