Pants pulled down

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
PrincessImp99
Been Liked: 22 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Pants pulled down

Post by PrincessImp99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:04 pm

Lets face it Arsenal were just far too good for us today but what a journey we have been on and we bow out with our heads held high.

The one thing I would say is and I mean no offence as you are where you are through consistent performances and results but our victory against you really didn't prepare us for the Arsenal game.

Lets be honest whist you are currently over achieving massively, you are not really a top level team and in truth our win against you was more on a par with beating a Championship team than a true Premiership team

That aside i really hope you stay up this season and my prediction is that with Hull and Sunderland going down it will end up a dog fight between you and Boro and my fingers are crossed that you will win

The way our clubs are heading I wouldn't be surprised if we meet you in the league within the next twenty years but for now lets hope its on-wards and upwards for both clubs :D

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6955 times
Has Liked: 1480 times

Re: Pants pulled down

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Your victory against us was more on par with scraping a lucky win against a mid table Premier League side than a top four Premier League side.

Anyway good luck on your promotion but I'd bet my house on us not meeting in a league fixture in the next 20 years.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3339 times
Has Liked: 1958 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:07 pm

Over achieving clubs eh. What are they like.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:10 pm

When the Cowley brothers leave you next season, you'll be back to the non league grind pretty swiftly.

mrhungryone
Been Liked: 68 times
Has Liked: 76 times

Post by mrhungryone » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Saxos princess....they make a loveley couple.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4105 times
Has Liked: 6586 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:15 pm

You should do very well with the level of support you have demonstrated in the last two cup games.

Good luck to ya, I say.

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Don't kid yourself..the first goal in both games was key. The timing of Arsenals first goal was a killer. Likewise..if we had got the first goal you may well have been on a similar hiding. Such is football. We didn't take our chances and you took the only one you really had at a killer time for us.
I enjoyed watching Arsenal struggle in that first half. You could sense the crowd getting restless as it did at ours.
Another key difference was that Rhead didn't get the protection of the referee for his robust challenges. He was pulled up straight away for them today and got a taste back of his own medicine. After the way Arsenal have "cheated" us this season I was rooting for you though.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Nah, Arsenal had to resort to a handball and offside to beat us. If you follow a team promoted to the prem you'll realise that the gap between us and the likes of arsenal in some ways more substantial than it is between you and teams a couple of leagues higher to you.

If you look at the money spent by comparison.

I have no problem losing to Accrington Stanley or Lincoln and I welcome the cup dream that lower league clubs get, after all I loved some of our cup runs in the past but it's a shame for whatever reason you carry some bitterness when you're team has done so well.

Your win against us was lady luck and she just ran out of steam when you played arsenal. Try performing at that level each week and you might be able to do a Luton, you just might.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2566 times
Has Liked: 767 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:20 pm

You were rubbish today babe x

PrincessImp99

Post by PrincessImp99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:20 pm

Are you either a Welsh or Yorkshire Burnley fan Something Fishy cos from the way you bleat on you must have a close relationship with the sheep population! :lol:

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:25 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:Are you either a Welsh or Yorkshire Burnley fan Something Fishy cos from the way you bleat on you must have a close relationship with the sheep population! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :? :? :? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Is that more understandable to you? :D

Shore claret
Been Liked: 267 times
Has Liked: 660 times

Post by Shore claret » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:37 pm

That is an incredible post, extremely rude and very belittling of our achievements.
Also you have a bit of a superiority complex, your Lincoln not bloody Barcelona, meet us in a few years jog on you knob head.
These 4 users liked this post: cloughyclaret joey13 Longsider CnBtruntru

claretfern
Been Liked: 138 times
Has Liked: 1262 times

Post by claretfern » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:40 pm

Just enjoy the DVD the Lincoln Club Shop will, no doubt bring out, in time for Christmas. The reality will be though that anyone at Lincoln worth their salt, be it players or Management, will be cherry-picked before you move out of 1st gear back in The league. It's how it works. Fans are just left with the memories.
These 2 users liked this post: cloughyclaret evensteadiereddie

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:46 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:Lets face it Arsenal were just far too good for us today but what a journey we have been on and we bow out with our heads held high.

The one thing I would say is and I mean no offence as you are where you are through consistent performances and results but our victory against you really didn't prepare us for the Arsenal game.

Lets be honest whist you are currently over achieving massively, you are not really a top level team and in truth our win against you was more on a par with beating a Championship team than a true Premiership team

That aside i really hope you stay up this season and my prediction is that with Hull and Sunderland going down it will end up a dog fight between you and Boro and my fingers are crossed that you will win

The way our clubs are heading I wouldn't be surprised if we meet you in the league within the next twenty years but for now lets hope its on-wards and upwards for both clubs :D
You've come on here pretending to compliment us. When really, now that your fairytale as come to an end, you're milking your win at our place for every last drop.

You reckon we're over " massively over achieving "

Given the size of our town, Burnley Football Club has "massively over achieved" since 1882. Winning the FA Cup, the charity shield, getting through to the quarter finals of the champions league (when it was for CHAMPIONS!) and being Champions of England, along the way.

That's what we do best , "massively over achieve", punch above our weight.

So enjoy YOUR one season of "massively over achieving" and coming on here with your back handed compliments. But as a supporter of a team that has "massively over achieved " since football began. It gives me an great sense of wellbeing being knowing that our next game is against Liverpool, in the premier league, where we are on merit, AGAIN.

Who do you play next? Cos here's the kicker. You're there on merit too!!. And me and the rest of the football world have lost interest, moved on, and , don't give a ****
These 19 users liked this post: Claretmatt4 Cuts Somethingfishy Wexford_Claret Juan Tanamera bfcjg Zom Zom cloughyclaret bfcmartin joey13 Longsider Bertiebeehead evensteadiereddie Lancasterclaret Goalposts Kenny Healeywoodclaret morpheus2 Burnley_Gal

PrincessImp99

Post by PrincessImp99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:47 pm

Since joining this board ive been enjoying viewing the thoughts and opinions of you Burnley folk and arse licking aside you do have a great forum of opinion. That said i must admit I have noticed a few posts from the above Shore claret who takes bias/ignorance to its limits to the point i was surprised he wasnt able to try and justify your penalty against Swansea as the correct decision. To summarise SC I enjoy your posts as laughable rubbish but would never waste my time contemplating a direct response to any post you make (this post aside as it amuses me letting you know how worthless your opinion is)

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:51 pm

Top post Ringo

PrincessImp99

Post by PrincessImp99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Obviously Ringo is another Census loving Geography teacher wannabe who thinks support is all about population and catchment area

Well done you get 10K plus fans regularly from a sh*t hole town where there is nothing else to do, the rest of us folk look on in envy...(honest)

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:55 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:Obviously Ringo is another Census loving Geography teacher wannabe who thinks support is all about population and catchment area

Well done you get 10K plus fans regularly from a sh*t hole town where there is nothing else to do, the rest of us folk look on in envy...(honest)
He didn't mention support you daft bat.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:58 pm

Claretmatt4 wrote:Top post Ringo

Cheers fella.

Just keeping it real. ;)

Heathclaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by Heathclaret » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:59 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:Obviously Ringo is another Census loving Geography teacher wannabe who thinks support is all about population and catchment area

I live on the outskirts of Lincoln, you calling Burnley a **** hole town is a bit rich. Lincoln is not overly impressive.

claretdj
Been Liked: 287 times
Has Liked: 175 times

Post by claretdj » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:59 pm

Fairly apt that lin con play BORE ham wood next.. now jog on n enjoy ya trips to Morecambe n Hartlepool next season..

Garnerssoap
Been Liked: 392 times

Post by Garnerssoap » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:02 pm

I smell catfish
Pull em up

PrincessImp99

Post by PrincessImp99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:02 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:He didn't mention support you daft bat.
Fair point but then what does the reference to "massively over achieved" in relation to Burnley town relate to if it is not the implied reference to volume of support per size of town...please tell as i would love to know????

wickdkewlclaret
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by wickdkewlclaret » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Normal service has now resumed and the rare cup run is finally over. Lincoln can now be put back in the cupboard to be forgotten about once more.

No leave us to prepare for business as usual against Liverpool at Anfield.

PrincessImp99

Post by PrincessImp99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:10 pm

Heathclaret wrote:I live on the outskirts of Lincoln, you calling Burnley a **** hole town is a bit rich. Lincoln is not overly impressive.
I hold no illusions of grandeur to what Lincoln is and thats why ive left and now live in a city. Banter aside its unfair for me to say what Burnley is like but lets be honest by a certain age you soon learn to realise that northern backwards working class towns like Burnley, Barnsley, Scunthorpe, Grimsby etc are pretty much standard neanderthal Brexit/UKIP/BNP strongholds.

Enjoy your insular existance and sorry you dont realise the beauty of the connected world outside your little bubble

COBBLE
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 472 times

Post by COBBLE » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:13 pm

Oh how sad. You tried to engage with the big time and we welcomed you (if in a slightly patronising way) and you couldn't
quite get it right.

Juan Tanamera
Been Liked: 771 times
Has Liked: 10065 times

Post by Juan Tanamera » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:17 pm

The people's Princess couldn't quite mix it with the people. :roll:

wickdkewlclaret

Post by wickdkewlclaret » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:17 pm

That last goal for Arsenal though :lol: :lol:

Just like Fifa! Embarrasing.

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:18 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:Fair point but then what does the reference to "massively over achieved" in relation to Burnley town relate to if it is not the implied reference to volume of support per size of town...please tell as i would love to know????
It means that we've over achieved compared to similar sized and bigger clubs than ourselves.

Bolton Wanderers
Middlesborough
West Ham United

They've never been the Champions of England. Under achieved?

We've got heart, plenty of heart.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:19 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:Fair point but then what does the reference to "massively over achieved" in relation to Burnley town relate to if it is not the implied reference to volume of support per size of town...please tell as i would love to know????
To be fair i would say it does imply that. The problem is you have a problem with that being the case. What is your excuse for your club never playing in the top flight, winning the FA Cup, being Champions of England..last 8 of what is now the Champions League..and spending all but about 20 years in the top 2 divisions when it is in a bigger city and surely has a larger catchment area?

That is what he means by "massively over-achieving"...something we have done for all bar the aforementioned 20 years.

You have done it for one season and are still just a lower league team at the best next season. Sorry for the sense of bewilderment at your attempts to belittle us. You have a sense of pride for one season (and rightly so)..we have it year after year.

Get it yet?
This user liked this post: PrincessImp99

PrincessImp99

Post by PrincessImp99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Eh Cobble?.....we brushed you aside and i only hang around here as your fans are so delusional that it makes for great banter.

Our big time will be just getting back in the football league but then again we dont have the arrogance of your deluded fans!

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:20 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:I hold no illusions of grandeur to what Lincoln is and thats why ive left and now live in a city. Banter aside its unfair for me to say what Burnley is like but lets be honest by a certain age you soon learn to realise that northern backwards working class towns like Burnley, Barnsley, Scunthorpe, Grimsby etc are pretty much standard neanderthal Brexit/UKIP/BNP strongholds.

Enjoy your insular existance and sorry you dont realise the beauty of the connected world outside your little bubble
Pardon...but isn't this grand big city you talk about Leeds? Sorry...i think i have just wet myself.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Brushed us aside.....

You definitely remind me of the dick who appeared on a Burnley Rovers fb page giving it billy big balls

wickdkewlclaret

Post by wickdkewlclaret » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:25 pm

'Our big time will be just getting back in the football league'

That's cute.

Arrogance? No, we're just aware of who we are, where we've come from and are proud of it too!
These 2 users liked this post: Somethingfishy RingoMcCartney

Shore claret
Been Liked: 267 times
Has Liked: 660 times

Post by Shore claret » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:26 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:Since joining this board ive been enjoying viewing the thoughts and opinions of you Burnley folk and arse licking aside you do have a great forum of opinion. That said i must admit I have noticed a few posts from the above Shore claret who takes bias/ignorance to its limits to the point i was surprised he wasnt able to try and justify your penalty against Swansea as the correct decision. To summarise SC I enjoy your posts as laughable rubbish but would never waste my time contemplating a direct response to any post you make (this post aside as it amuses me letting you know how worthless your opinion is)
Please explain why I'm biased and ignorant?

PrincessImp99

Post by PrincessImp99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Fair play something fishy as i am deliberately pushing buttons so your honest answer shuts me down

As for Bin Ont Turf you are completely deluded if you think just cos you won the league once in the early 60's (facts checked :) ) you have over achieved compared to the clubs you have mentioned as even the original poster admits it was about crowd size and population and not some one off season in the sum

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by Claretforever » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:28 pm

I must admit to not reading the posts above, but I also understand fishing too, so that's fine.

I'll make a point: Arsenal are a better side than Burnley. Not in workrate or desire, but quality. If Lincoln could have held Arsenal until 65 mins it might have been a different story and they may have nicked a goal. The top 4-6 clubs aren't PL and the rest Championship as that's not how it works.

Anyway, regardless of that, IF Burnley had scored in the first half it would have been a similar story. Despite us being more relaxed, and making changes, we still dominated possession and chances. That's cup football though.

Good luck with promotion.

claretdj
Been Liked: 287 times
Has Liked: 175 times

Post by claretdj » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Time for bed now, early start for Anfield tomorrow in the premier league... Utc

PrincessImp99

Post by PrincessImp99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:32 pm

Shore Claret from my brief existence on this board i know it is not worth the effort bothering to try and explain as you are to blinkered to try and understand. Instead If you really want to know go back to every match thread and see if you can show me a single time where you think a debatable decision should have gone the oppositions way. I would bet you cannot find me one

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:34 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:Fair play something fishy as i am deliberately pushing buttons so your honest answer shuts me down

As for Bin Ont Turf you are completely deluded if you think just cos you won the league once in the early 60's (facts checked :) ) you have over achieved compared to the clubs you have mentioned as even the original poster admits it was about crowd size and population and not some one off season in the sum

It wasn't a one off season in the sun, it was a decade in the sun (just like Arsenal now).

Burnley got soul, got so much soul...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95lpCDkoA-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PrincessImp99

Post by PrincessImp99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Claretforever wrote:I must admit to not reading the posts above, but I also understand fishing too, so that's fine.

I'll make a point: Arsenal are a better side than Burnley. Not in workrate or desire, but quality. If Lincoln could have held Arsenal until 65 mins it might have been a different story and they may have nicked a goal. The top 4-6 clubs aren't PL and the rest Championship as that's not how it works.

Anyway, regardless of that, IF Burnley had scored in the first half it would have been a similar story. Despite us being more relaxed, and making changes, we still dominated possession and chances. That's cup football though.

Good luck with promotion.
If you would have scored first i agree you undoubtedly would have won but i bet you could say that about several of your wins this season that if the opposition had nicked the first goal you would not have had the quality to come back

Thats football though and good luck in staying up

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:36 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:Shore Claret from my brief existence on this board i know it is not worth the effort bothering to try and explain as you are to blinkered to try and understand. Instead If you really want to know go back to every match thread and see if you can show me a single time where you think a debatable decision should have gone the oppositions way. I would bet you cannot find me one
Does this mean you've searched all of shore's comments then?

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:36 pm

I think anyone would find it difficult to argue that our penalty last week wasn't "dodgy"

I think you will find less people inclined to give a f*** though judging by some of the crazy decisions we have been subjected to this season..most notably against Arsenal. It was our turn at last.

PrincessImp99

Post by PrincessImp99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:37 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:It wasn't a one off season in the sun, it was a decade in the sun (just like Arsenal now).

Burnley got soul, got so much soul...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95lpCDkoA-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Didnt West Ham win the world cup in that decade so think that trumps you ;)

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:41 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:Didnt West Ham win the world cup in that decade so think that trumps you ;)
They were crap without Alan Ball, Bobby Charlton and Nobby Stiles. :D

PrincessImp99

Post by PrincessImp99 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Does this mean you've searched all of shore's comments then?
For a young intellectual lass like me its not hard on a forum like this to pick up things about certain posters.

I dont mean this nastily but you come across as someone who is nice but very uninformed who probably is overweight and either bold or glasses wearing but has a very settled life all be it a little boring existance

Am i the nest Derren Brown or what?

Flatline
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 130 times

Post by Flatline » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:44 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:I hold no illusions of grandeur to what Lincoln is and thats why ive left and now live in a city. Banter aside its unfair for me to say what Burnley is like but lets be honest by a certain age you soon learn to realise that northern backwards working class towns like Burnley, Barnsley, Scunthorpe, Grimsby etc are pretty much standard neanderthal Brexit/UKIP/BNP strongholds.

Is Lincoln not a city anymore?You sound like a right snob,maybe you should start supporting Arsenal,it's full of remoaners.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:47 pm

Why has she come on here hating on us?
Do Lincoln not have any rivals in the Beazer homes league, or whatever tinpot league they are in?
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:48 pm

PrincessImp99 wrote:For a young intellectual lass like me its not hard on a forum like this to pick up things about certain posters.

I dont mean this nastily but you come across as someone who is nice but very uninformed who probably is overweight and either bold or glasses wearing but has a very settled life all be it a little boring existance

Am i the nest Derren Brown or what?
An intellectual without basic punctuation skills

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:50 pm

Why is anyone even engaging with this witless f*ck?
These 6 users liked this post: Zom Zom Damo The Enclosure joey13 evensteadiereddie ClaretEngineer