REPORT: Wood at the double for second place Burnley

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32530 times
Has Liked: 5277 times

REPORT: Wood at the double for second place Burnley

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Today's youth game v Rochdale

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/wood-at-the ... ce-burnley

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2633 times

Re: REPORT: Wood at the double for second place Burnley

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks for the report Tony.
I am really pleased to see these lads doing well because the spirit within the teams seems really great and they work hard for each other, obviously something that Michael Duff has instilled into them.
Looking forward to seeing them again on Saturday morning before going on to the Turf.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:04 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:Thanks for the report Tony.
I am really pleased to see these lads doing well because the spirit within the teams seems really great and they work hard for each other, obviously something that Michael Duff has instilled into them.
Looking forward to seeing them again on Saturday morning before going on to the Turf.
It's a team again Ashingtonclaret46, they play as such. What a change from last season.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:35 pm

It's almost like a problem has been remedied. Shame the foundations have been shaken so much though.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:14 am

dandeclaret wrote:It's almost like a problem has been remedied. Shame the foundations have been shaken so much though.
The problem has gone Dan but the foundations have more than been shaken. They will take some repairing but at least the work has started.

The whole place seems to be happier now, the youth team looks so much better and behind the scenes we are trying to repair the damage done to the relationship with local junior clubs and the schools.

ecc
Been Liked: 1437 times
Has Liked: 1285 times

Post by ecc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:41 pm

Foundations = long-term.

The first brick in the wall was appointing Michael Duff to take over the YT. I do honestly believe that however much Duffo was liked and respected at TM he has had to prove himself. And he has done that admirably. The problem is going to come when, theoretically, each crop of scholars entrusted to him will be of lower quality. But I'm pretty sure he knew that and we know he's a fighter and will give it everything he's got. It's so reassuring to know he's still at the club and working hard to turn things round.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:09 pm

ecc wrote:Foundations = long-term.

The first brick in the wall was appointing Michael Duff to take over the YT. I do honestly believe that however much Duffo was liked and respected at TM he has had to prove himself. And he has done that admirably. The problem is going to come when, theoretically, each crop of scholars entrusted to him will be of lower quality. But I'm pretty sure he knew that and we know he's a fighter and will give it everything he's got. It's so reassuring to know he's still at the club and working hard to turn things round.
I wouldn't say Duff was the first brick - he runs just one of the many teams in the academy. It's a vital role but won't change the fortunes of the department.

The first brick was the departure of Blake and his hangers on - and the next was bringing in Jon Pepper with the remit of rebuilding the whole thing. Due to their work we are now awaiting the result of the audit which should see us get EPPP Cat 2 - and that's another big brick in the wall.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:35 pm

When is that due Tony ?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:45 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:When is that due Tony ?
Audit was done this month and believe we will learn the result at end of season. I wouldn't imagine failing it given Jon Pepper was involved in setting up the audits in the first place.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:23 pm

Cheers...Staying up and getting this through will be a brilliant " double "

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:26 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:Cheers...Staying up and getting this through will be a brilliant " double "
Love or loathe EPPP, it's what we have to be in and we need to get up a level. Hard to believe now that we actually failed the Cat 3 audit first time round and nearly lost the entire youth department. It's vital. We need to have an academy that either produces players for us or ones that we can sell on. I'm more positive than I've been for five years.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2