Couple of changes for tonight...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Re: Couple of changes for tonight...

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:31 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:So I am correct - he has contributed the same amount of goals as two wingers combined and more than both individually.
You were correct when you said "contributed to" (see my edit for an apology), but now you've changed it to just contributed, you're wrong again :P

And it looks like you're still insisting on calling them wingers when they clearly don't play as them.
This user liked this post: leedsdave

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3803 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:34 pm

B***ocks to the "framework" I want JBG and Brady to start, I don't care if they fit the park the bus framework. Find a "framework" to fit your best players in. Absolutely madness that we have a £13m player sat on the bench during a relegation scrap. I miss JBG, is he fit tonight? One of our best players when fit, under valued on here.

MarkGreen
Been Liked: 479 times
Has Liked: 136 times

Post by MarkGreen » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:38 pm

KRBFC wrote:I miss JBG, is he fit tonight? One of our best players when fit, under valued on here.
Not fit for tonight but might make the bench for Boro

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:40 pm

Tall Paul wrote:You were correct when you said "contributed to" (see my edit for an apology), but now you've changed it to just contributed, you're wrong again :P

And it looks like you're still insisting on calling them wingers when they clearly don't play as them.
You must be Dyche's boyfriend? You get so defensive :lol:

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:42 pm

Tall Paul wrote:You were correct when you said "contributed to" (see my edit for an apology), but now you've changed it to just contributed, you're wrong again :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Commy
Been Liked: 467 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Commy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:44 pm

We don't play to our forwards strengths. Gray is caught offside because the midfield need an extra touch or he is on the wing chasing a percentage pass. Vokes always has his back to goal trying to head or control a ball that has been hoofed.

I bet both would be in double figures now for goals scored if we actually got balls in behind the defence. You don't do that playing wingers on the wrong side. Lowton is the only one who consistently tries to get those types of balls in.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets 3putt

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:55 pm

Commy wrote:We don't play to our forwards strengths. Gray is caught offside because the midfield need an extra touch or he is on the wing chasing a percentage pass. Vokes always has his back to goal trying to head or control a ball that has been hoofed.

I bet both would be in double figures now for goals scored if we actually got balls in behind the defence. You don't do that playing wingers on the wrong side. Lowton is the only one who consistently tries to get those types of balls in.
Agreed, Vokes strength is attacking crosses yet I can't remember the last time Boyd/Arfield crossed the ball and the fullbacks cross too early from deep giving the strikers no chance. It's about time we got Brady to attack and cross from the byline, give Vokes a chance at least.

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Heaton
Lowton, Keane, Mee, Ward
Boyd, Hendrick, Defour, Brady
Vokes, Gray

Let's play some football!

Barton hasn't been pulling up trees lately and we could do without him and Barnes getting drawn into a scrap.
If we do find ourselves out muscled or two nil up and need to see out the game, then bring on Barton, Barnes and Arfield.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:02 pm

KRBFC wrote:You must be Dyche's boyfriend? You get so defensive :lol:
What's defensive about the quote you posted?

I'm realistic, not defensive. We're massively overachieving at the moment so much of the criticism is unjustified.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Tall Paul wrote:What's defensive about the quote you posted?

I'm realistic, not defensive. We're massively overachieving at the moment so much of the criticism is unjustified.
If you look at all your posts you're on the defensive like you feel it's your place to defend Yawn Dyche.

ClaretAndBlueAndy
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by ClaretAndBlueAndy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Bfccrazy, I assume your source is a current player or member of coaching staff?

Same team as on Saturday for me. Thought we were good 1st half against the 2nd best team in the country.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:19 pm

ClaretAndBlueAndy wrote:Bfccrazy, I assume your source is a current player or member of coaching staff?

Same team as on Saturday for me. Thought we were good 1st half against the 2nd best team in the country.
I don't work for the club and not good enough to play (any more) :D :D :D

HelloHiGoodbye
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 308 times

Post by HelloHiGoodbye » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:24 pm

I like Boyd and I like Arfield. Their roles are clear and it's clear why they're in the team.

I do though dream of quick direct wingers who get wide when we have the ball.

Utopia would be players who do that but also do the defensive 'framework' stuff that Boyd and Arfield are fantastic at.

Maybe in the summer those kind of players will come in - probably for a massive fee, a flair player who tracks back and comes narrow without the ball is rare.

Brady is probably one already, just got to adapt to the 'framework'.

In the mean time, as much I crave a more 'exciting' approach - if staying in the league seems more realistic by playing Boyd and Arfield and keeping it gritty then crack on. It's a journey - stay in the league and then adapt. Stay in the league again, adapt again. Stay in the league again...

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:25 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:I don't work for the club and not good enough to play (any more) :D :D :D
Don't be letting out my secrets mate :lol:

Source is someone that is very trusted and that's all I will say Andy. He hasn't been wrong yet.

Walton
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Post by Walton » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:31 pm

HelloHiGoodbye wrote:I like Boyd and I like Arfield. Their roles are clear and it's clear why they're in the team.

I do though dream of quick direct wingers who get wide when we have the ball.

Utopia would be players who do that but also do the defensive 'framework' stuff that Boyd and Arfield are fantastic at.

Maybe in the summer those kind of players will come in - probably for a massive fee, a flair player who tracks back and comes narrow without the ball is rare.

Brady is probably one already, just got to adapt to the 'framework'.

In the mean time, as much I crave a more 'exciting' approach - if staying in the league seems more realistic by playing Boyd and Arfield and keeping it gritty then crack on. It's a journey - stay in the league and then adapt. Stay in the league again, adapt again. Stay in the league again...
Trouble is, keeping it gritty means we've not won in over 2 months, despite very winnable fixtures against Sunderland, Hull, Swansea and Watford. Wins keep you up, not draws/losses against bottom half rivals.

HelloHiGoodbye
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 308 times

Post by HelloHiGoodbye » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Walton wrote:Trouble is, keeping it gritty means we've not won in over 2 months, despite very winnable fixtures against Sunderland, Hull, Swansea and Watford. Wins keep you up, not draws/losses against bottom half rivals.
Oh certainly - something seems to change. Lost our mojo a little.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:38 pm

HelloHiGoodbye wrote:Oh certainly - something seems to change. Lost our mojo a little.
Mojo/Marney.
This user liked this post: HelloHiGoodbye

3putt
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by 3putt » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Walton wrote:Trouble is, keeping it gritty means we've not won in over 2 months, despite very winnable fixtures against Sunderland, Hull, Swansea and Watford. Wins keep you up, not draws/losses against bottom half rivals.
Exactly.

At times you need to try and pick a team to win, not just to be solid and workman like.

You need a balance with all teams and that includes a bit flair and creativity.

3putt

Post by 3putt » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:11 pm

No Ney Never wrote:Heaton
Lowton, Keane, Mee, Ward
Boyd, Hendrick, Defour, Brady
Vokes, Gray

Let's play some football!

Barton hasn't been pulling up trees lately and we could do without him and Barnes getting drawn into a scrap.
If we do find ourselves out muscled or two nil up and need to see out the game, then bring on Barton, Barnes and Arfield.
Good slogan there. "Let's play some football" :-)

3putt

Post by 3putt » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:16 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Why does there have to be an issue?

It's an issue for me when we are team clearly lacking in pace and creativity and then spend £13 million on the type of player we need only for him to be sitting on the bench.

Looking at recent results something needs to change if we are not to be dragged into a relegation scrap.

Tonight would be a good time to make some changes.
Last edited by 3putt on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6758 times

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:19 pm

ashtonlongsider wrote:I can certainly see a case for playing Vokes tonight. Stoke are good at set plays and I think Voksey adds something to our defensive play if not exactly dynamic in the final third.
If Vokes is in for his defensive qualities what are Tarky's chances of ever getting a game? :D

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4262 times

Post by Greenmile » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:28 pm

KRBFC wrote:If you look at all your posts you're on the defensive like you feel it's your place to defend Yawn Dyche.
It's almost as though he's supporting the team and manager, because he's a Burnley fan - you wouldn't understand.
This user liked this post: Tall Paul

jojomk1
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:35 pm

...............Heaton
Lowton.....Keane...Mee......Ward
Hendrick...Defour...Barton...Brady
..........Vokes......Gray

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Greenmile wrote:It's almost as though he's supporting the team and manager, because he's a Burnley fan - you wouldn't understand.
Just because i'm a Burnley fan it doesn't mean i'll jump on every topic on this forum, on the defensive. Criticism is a part of life, if you act like everything is rosey and fine all the time in life you will not succeed and end up being a "yes" man and nobody likes surrounding themselves with an ass kissing yes man. As they say, honesty is the best policy and I give my honest opinion alot of people on this forum don't.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:46 pm

KRBFC wrote:Just because i'm a Burnley fan it doesn't mean i'll jump on every topic on this forum, on the defensive. Criticism is a part of life, if you act like everything is rosey and fine all the time in life you will not succeed and end up being a "yes" man and nobody likes surrounding themselves with an ass kissing yes man. As they say, honesty is the best policy and I give my honest opinion alot of people on this forum don't.
So the people who say SD has done a good job to get us promoted twice, and look like staying up, are lying about their opinions? Good one.

Almost as good as your claim to be a Burnley fan.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Greenmile wrote:So the people who say SD has done a good job to get us promoted twice, and look like staying up, are lying about their opinions? Good one.

Almost as good as your claim to be a Burnley fan.
Where did I say that? oh look, the ''you're not a Burnley fan'' comment after disagreeing with my opinion :lol:
You aren't a Burnley fan either, you don't live in Burnley and you don't own a ST.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:58 pm

Nothing to do with disagreeing with your opinion and everything to do with your constant unfounded criticisms of the best manager we've had in my lifetime.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:08 pm

KRBFC wrote:Just because i'm a Burnley fan it doesn't mean i'll jump on every topic on this forum, on the defensive. Criticism is a part of life, if you act like everything is rosey and fine all the time in life you will not succeed and end up being a "yes" man and nobody likes surrounding themselves with an ass kissing yes man. As they say, honesty is the best policy and I give my honest opinion alot of people on this forum don't.
Instead you jump on every topic on the attack.

As I said, we're massively exceeding expectations this season (and pretty much every season since Dyche arrived), so most of the criticism is unjustified. That's my honest opinion, by the way.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:47 pm

The OP has the team news bang on again.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Bfccrazy is spot on...

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:59 pm

He's been bang on every time I think, Andy Payton must be a valid source.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:22 pm

KRBFC wrote:He's been bang on every time I think, Andy Payton must be a valid source.
Hes been off the sauce for ages.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:37 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:Bfccrazy is spot on...
Murger wrote:The OP has the team news bang on again.
It's bang on every time :lol: . Thought people would just accept that by now, but obviously not.

What a contrast from the weekend. So many of us begrudging Dyche' subs and tactics.

The subs tonight were perfect and brilliantly timed.

Barnes off the bench as someone on here mentioned worked way better than the nice boy Vokes. Was worried Ward might end up with a silly second yellow due to their tactics but we showed resilience and found a way to win again which I feel was needed for us to get more comfortable again. Stoke came to trouble us and unsettle us and with all their efforts they couldnt do zip.

The CFS getting stuck into their players was brilliant to see again too.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:46 pm

bfccrazy wrote:Not done this for a while and the results seemed to have dipped since I stopped.
Also to the people that said letting out news waa a horrible thing to do....... Soz :lol: