Tarks

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Steve1956
Been Liked: 6490 times
Has Liked: 2918 times

Tarks

Post by Steve1956 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Our success this season is built on a solid defence with Keane and Mee being solid as a rock,if as expected Keane leaves in the summer,is Tarkowski the answer? just how good is he,we haven't seen much of him,I think to continue our progress a solid defence is essential,I think we might have to look elsewhere for a partner for Ben Mee.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: Tarks

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:15 pm

We'll have to look elsewhere if Keane leaves anyway, because we'll need another centre back.

Tarky may indeed partner Mee.

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4074 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:20 pm

All departments will require strengthening next season.

Central defence included.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 767 times

Post by ksrclaret » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:32 pm

It's the Sean Dyche way that Tarkowski will be given his chance if and when Michael Keane leaves us. He's been biding his time for a year and a half now and seems to have shown exactly the right attitude and commitment during that period. I'd expect him to start next season alongside Mee where hopefully the time spent working with us will see him slot in relatively easily, but we can't expect him to be as good as Keane is straight away, if ever.

From the little we've seen of him, he obviously looks very composed and comfortable on the ball and looks to have the physicality required. I suspect he's quite a bit slower than Keane though.
This user liked this post: bobinho

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Sutton-Claret » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:35 pm

What about the lad from Hull - Robertson. We were linked with him at Christmas I think - if Hull go down and all that ??

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:39 pm

We will need to get in a replacement if the inevitable happens but my only worry is I hope we can keep the nucleus of our first team and not leave ourselves to much building in the Summer
In saying that, if we get to many out goings we will need to fill what ever voids and also need to strengthen in 4 or five other areas we could end up with too much to do
out going rumored Gray Keane Arfield Barton (possible lengthy ban) Heaton I think will stay but you never know Boyd Contract Not sure if its been sorted may have
That would be a big hit on the team and strengthening would be manic

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Tarks fitted in seamlessly when Keano was out early last season (I think), so no doubt from me about his ability to step into his rightful position next season.
It's his understudy that we'll be looking to sign in the summer.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:52 pm

I think when Keane leaves in the summer, we will be looking to replace tarks, not Keane.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Sutton-Claret wrote:What about the lad from Hull - Robertson. We were linked with him at Christmas I think - if Hull go down and all that ??
Left back I believe, so he can challenge Ward.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:38 pm

I imagine Tarks will get his chance at the beginning of next season, but I would hope that the player we're looking to sign is very much of the calibre to step straight in if we need him to.

It struck me last night watching Keane mop up over and over again how much we will miss his pace next season. Fine player that Tarks is, he's nowhere near as quick and so that will require an adjustment to the way we play.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3082 times
Has Liked: 5059 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Last night's result gives us an extra 2 months window shopping.
The first port of call for me is to target those going down.
I don't fancy anyone from Boro except maybe Gibson, but there is bound to be competition for him.
Nobody from Sunderland.
Roberton or Maguire from Hull, again there could be competition.
Narsingh at Swansea looks just like we were hoping to get in January, shame he chose them.

Re Tarks, I have no doubts he will be first choice should Keane leave.

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:02 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:Last night's result gives us an extra 2 months window shopping.
The first port of call for me is to target those going down.
I don't fancy anyone from Boro except maybe Gibson, but there is bound to be competition for him.
Nobody from Sunderland.
Roberton or Maguire from Hull, again there could be competition.
Narsingh at Swansea looks just like we were hoping to get in January, shame he chose them.

Re Tarks, I have no doubts he will be first choice should Keane leave.
I'd take Defoe from Sunderland no problem, even with those wages.

Robertson would be great, we have no left back cover as it stands as Mee is not comfortable there, been lucky ward hasn't been injured this season.

CleggHall
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 1050 times

Post by CleggHall » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:18 pm

Yes Ward is a vital component, we missed him a lot in the Lincoln cup tie, genuine left footed left backs are hard to find, remember Emlyn Hughes!?

Frenchclaret
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 602 times

Post by Frenchclaret » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:35 pm

I thought Tarkowski did a good job when he came on last night. When they brought on Peter Crouch he was winning some knock-downs and creating some danger. SD made a good substitution (for a change?) and Tarks stood in front of Crouch and won the ball or put him off sufficiently for it to drop harmlessly. He can also send a good dummy when he has the ball. He has been unfortunate not to have more games this season but he will be fine when his time comes.