when will it be time for Dyche to move on

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

when will it be time for Dyche to move on

Post by pushpinpussy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:36 pm

id give the guy a 10 year contract but there must be a time he feels it must be right to move on. hopefully not in the near future.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

jlup1980
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Re: when will it be time for Dyche to move on

Post by jlup1980 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:43 pm

From a career perspective his stock will be as high as ever if we survive. If we finish in the top 10 he'll be much sort after i suspect. The thing with Dyche is he seems level headed so i don't see him jumping at the first job offer. Our new facilities and wealth will take some beating and his goodwill with the fans also. Let's be honest, he's got a job for life here if he wants it!!
These 4 users liked this post: tim_noone CHEWBACCA califclaret Grimsby Claret

minnieclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2287 times

Post by minnieclaret » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:48 pm

He talks about progress all the time. So I'd hope he would want to consolidate us as a midtable PL side.
Progress in his own career has to be a factor. Turn down a mega offer and you might never get another.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:48 pm

Not a criticism of Dyche in any way, but he's not shown that he is ready for one of the big clubs to come calling. By big clubs, I don't mean a Sunderland or someone in their position, but a club with genuine ambition and realistic chance to push for European places.

I think he needs to show he's more than a great organiser, motivator and can play a more attractive and adaptive brand of football, before the bigger clubs will really take notice.
These 3 users liked this post: Quicknick Top Claret Juan Tanamera

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2013 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:51 pm

I still think at the moment the most likely scenario is for him to move on Warnock style to save a club in trouble. The bigger clubs and fans who think they are big clubs will still want a big name, with proven pulling power in the market. Still think we're 2-3 years away from SD being seen as a candidate for anything more than a struggling side.

No Ney Never
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:52 pm

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1826 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:58 pm

When a job he wants more than managing us comes up.

Next season will be more of the same, aiming for 40 points. If a position in a club comes knocking where there is a chance to do more I can't begrudge him for taking it.
I'm not sure he's done enough for any of the top 6 gamble on him (owners too will see him as far to unfashionable and look to the continent), he won't move to a relegation battle when he. That leaves about 7 or so of the Premier League team you could after an unknown turn of event's see him at.

My biggest fear is if we don't get off to a good start next season and spend the first half in the bottom 3, any job higher will look far more attractive.
I'm not sure a third Championship promotion season would appeal at this stage.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:15 pm

This summer if KRBFC gets their way.
These 2 users liked this post: iluva64 Juan Tanamera

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:16 pm

I'm not sure how he would do at a club where he had no say in the procurement of players, that is a big part of what he does...they have to fit within the group. Durham & Gough had a 20 min chat on him last night, pretty much alluding to the fact that he has got away with a lot this season (Lincoln / Away wins) a lot of other managers would have got the bullet. As the discussion moved on, Durham got that Sean is not only about stuff on the pitch but also building up the infrastructure & a legacy.
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

claretdom
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by claretdom » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Sidney1st wrote:This summer if KRBFC gets their way.

That can't be true the troll had 1 target at the start of this season which was in his/her own words "stay up" didn't care how we did it just stay up.
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:20 pm

claretdom wrote:That can't be true the troll had 1 target at the start of this season which was in his/her own words "stay up" didn't care how we did it just stay up.
You should dig that quote out and remind them everytime they start whining about the football.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:21 pm

ewanrob wrote:I'm not sure how he would do at a club where he had no say in the procurement of players, that is a big part of what he does...they have to fit within the group. Durham & Gough had a 20 min chat on him last night, pretty much alluding to the fact that he has got away with a lot this season (Lincoln / Away wins) a lot of other managers would have got the bullet. As the discussion moved on, Durham got that Sean is not only about stuff on the pitch but also building up the infrastructure & a legacy.
Got away with a lot?

That show gets worse. His aim this season was 17th. We are on course for that. Doesnt matter whether they come home or away. Granted some more away wins would be nice. But that shows how much more we can progress if we stay as good at home!
This user liked this post: BertiesBeehole

claretdom
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by claretdom » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:24 pm

To be fair you might as well tune into the saxo and krbfc phone in as listen to durham and gough. 2 pricks of the highest order Gough should stick to chasing Amy Childs around europe trying to pull her.

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:24 pm

When he works out how to play attractive football whilst getting the same great results were currently getting at home.

A big boy club will then come along and offer him more money than we can.

Until then he will continue his development with us.

Would like to see a lot more pass and move from us though, especially away from home!

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:27 pm

I think we might get one more year out of him. I don't see a job coming up this summer that he would truly want or be a realistic contender for, apart from possibly Leicester (who will probably appoint Shakespeare). I can't imagine him having the image to suit West Ham if Bilic leaves, nor Spurs if Barca come for Poch.

I suspect to appeal to West Ham, Spurs, etc. he probably needs to begin to make Burnley a more sophisticated side in possession, and if he can achieve that project next season whilst keeping us up again, then after nearly 6 years he might well regard the job as done.

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:29 pm

If he ever gets to meet ABC he be off like a shot :lol:

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:30 pm

When Dyche says so.

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:36 pm

I think he could be with us for a long while... a bit like Ben Mee. Great for us but not really fashionable enough to make the step up.

I don't think he will ever manage a top 10 side unless he manages to turn us into one!

He is becoming a bit of a comedy figure because he is starting to bleat about not being given a chance...

Truth is he will never get a CV like Klopp, Mourinho, Guardiola, Wenger, Koeman, Conte or Pochettino.

That is just the way it is... so the best he can hope for is a club like Southampton, WBA or a Stoke who are well established.

However are these teams really that far ahead of us. Also will Sean's style be seen as moving those clubs on - I think not.

Maybe a Newcastle, Villa or Sunderland would tempt him but they are all in the wrong part of the up and down cycle at present to be interested in Sean.

Coyle was more media sexy and therefore much more likely to jump ship.Happily I have no fear of losing Sean.
These 2 users liked this post: Claretmatt4 BertiesBeehole

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:37 pm

He won't have job security like this at any other club. The away record and cup losses would have cost him at another club. Needs to play a more attractive brand of football for many clubs. He's worked hard to build something with us and he would have to start again at another relegation threatened club which takes time but they may not allow for that.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:39 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Got away with a lot?

That show gets worse. His aim this season was 17th. We are on course for that. Doesnt matter whether they come home or away. Granted some more away wins would be nice. But that shows how much more we can progress if we stay as good at home!
Don't usually listen if truth be known, Durham started in his usually bullish manner. Gough was very complimentary & as things went on I think that Durham as I said..got that Sean is a lot more to this club than just the manager.

I seem to remember they came up with the idea of a 2 month job share, Wenger comes to us and SD opposite way...but Wenger will only come if the goal music comes back on!

pushpinpussy
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:40 pm

dont think you can really compare Coyle and Dyche.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:42 pm

andyh wrote:I think he could be with us for a long while... a bit like Ben Mee. Great for us but not really fashionable enough to make the step up.

I don't think he will ever manage a top 10 side unless he manages to turn us into one!

He is becoming a bit of a comedy figure because he is starting to bleat about not being given a chance...

Truth is he will never get a CV like Klopp, Mourinho, Guardiola, Wenger, Koeman, Conte or Pochettino.

That is just the way it is... so the best he can hope for is a club like Southampton, WBA or a Stoke who are well established.

However are these teams really that far ahead of us. Also will Sean's style be seen as moving those clubs on - I think not.

Maybe a Newcastle, Villa or Sunderland would tempt him but they are all in the wrong part of the up and down cycle at present to be interested in Sean.

Coyle was more media sexy and therefore much more likely to jump ship.Happily I have no fear of losing Sean.
What's Pochettino won as a manager then?

I'm aware the others have done stuff either here or abroad, but Poch hasn't has he?

ecc
Been Liked: 1438 times
Has Liked: 1287 times

Post by ecc » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:10 pm

I think he's far more highly rated than a lot of people seem to do.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Hes got job satisfaction i would think,he was sacked previouly for no particular reason i would guess.he earns a very good wage...so whats he got to leave for? Interferance from others would be the most likeley. And as long as his family are happy sd will be to. Money wont come into it. Imo

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:59 pm

Why are we so obsessed as fans with people leaving? Anyone who does remotely well and we always think they will be off and it's as though we can't enjoy the here and now without talking about players or managers leaving. It's happened with a number of players and Keane is the latest. Dyche is building a dynasty here. He will be around for a while yet. It doesn't make sense for him to move when a poor start at any other PL club would see his job precarious.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6386 times
Has Liked: 8733 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:02 pm

He should wait until he has sent enough years here to have a road and or a stand named after him and fully trained his successor! Of course, he can remain as adviser, if he can't get about much by then!

Longsidebovril
Been Liked: 552 times
Has Liked: 258 times

Post by Longsidebovril » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Surely it's Dyche who tells Time, to move on.
This user liked this post: dsr

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3082 times
Has Liked: 5059 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:08 pm

I don't think there is any club around us that offers the job security he enjoys here.
I don't think there's any team around us that would give him the freedom to shape the infrastructure of the club.
There's not many teams around us that are as flush with money.
I hope we have a few more years yet. Next season will be the decider. We will again be in a relegation fight, second year syndrome, if we were to go down he probably wouldn't fancy another promotion campaign. However if we get a third year of prem football it could be a long stay with higher targets. Europe.....

UTC

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3162 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:37 pm

The fear is the Forest owner sells up to someone who appears sensible and has a deep pocket - he could move back home and have the opportunity to turn around a club he has a real affinity for

HendricksHair
Been Liked: 104 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by HendricksHair » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:51 pm

Chester Perry wrote:The fear is the Forest owner sells up to someone who appears sensible and has a deep pocket - he could move back home and have the opportunity to turn around a club he has a real affinity for
So he'd leave a premier league team for a side who could be in League 1 next year just because they'd have a decent owner?

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:45 am

Hard to say how big the lure of going home to his family every night would be.

From a football perspective - At some point he risks falling into the trap of Alan Curbishley - can he do it somewhere else other than a club he completely shaped and grew. I believe he likes the role of overall shaping a club's approach to everything no big club is going to give him that opportunity and he knows it. So to be able to do that with a club that is much bigger than us, he has an affinity with, has been in the wilderness for quite some time and be with his family must surely be a draw

The risks are huge for both Dyche and the club should he stay another 3 or four years then chose to leave. Personally, I feel he is a great fit here and would welcome him staying for a good few years yet (believe succession planning should always be in the minds of the board though)

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:55 am

Good points cp and everyone likes to go back home at some stage of their life...but im sure hes very happy here for a few years maybe.but i could see the attraction of forest for him for sure.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3803 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:00 am

I believe the time for him to move on will be once we've mathematically secured our status. I think he's taken us as far as he possibly can, that style of football can only take you so far, leaving your best players on the bench can only take you so far. Yesterday for example, we won a must win game but did anyone seriously enjoy watching that guff? I personally enjoy watching my team attack and go at teams. Dyche has mastered the art of winning undeservedly, some would call it luck but we do it so often it can't possibly be lucky. If you look at most of the home wins, there's a case to be made that we were 2nd best in most of them (like most of the away games last year).

Leicester - Vokes obviously handles the ball and then scores a winner.
Soton - Barton scores a deflected freekick
Everton and Palace - 2 last minute winners
Stoke - think we scored with our only shot on target

Like I said it can't be luck, but it's winning ugly and undeservedly. I will raise a question.... What are we capable of at our very best? I asked this last season when we were scraping wins in similar fashion. When do we see this side at its very best?
You can't question the attitude, work ethic and will to win of a Dyche team, you can't argue with the success he's had here but I don't see him as being capable of taking us any further. I believe in the squad of players he's built, I don't believe in hoofball and I believe the squad are capable of better than they're showing (mainly performance wise). The ball retention is non existent, there is no fluidity and it's just not exciting stuff at all.

I can take the hoofball ugly scrappy wins now and again (like Yesterday was a must win game IMO) but week in week out for years is a real struggle. I said previously when Allardyce was linked (when Laws was fired although I'm not sure if there was any substance to the link) that I wouldn't like Allardyce anywhere near my club for the hideous style of ''football''. I don't like anti football, regardless of whether it's Dyche, Pulis or whoever else. A question for fans who travel away, do you enjoy it? are you optimistic before the game? It's all predictable for me, same system, same football, same results.

Dom
Been Liked: 327 times
Has Liked: 218 times

Post by Dom » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:27 am

Bit daft that KRBFC, so you'd rather watch attractive losing football, than ugly winning football?
The goal we scored wasn't scrappy, admittedly it was the only decent bit of football all game but it was a great move and finish.
Consolidation was the aim of the season, you said yourself that 17th was the aim. We look set to exceed that as it stands. Until we have the financial base we are limited by the squad we have, we are a functional team that are well drilled and know their roles. The longer we are in the league, the better standard of players we can bring in, the better football we will be capable of playing. Dyche will leave at some point to bigger and better things but for now we owe him a bloody lot.

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:51 am

andyh wrote:I think he could be with us for a long while... a bit like Ben Mee. Great for us but not really fashionable enough to make the step up.

I think Andyh has it nailed here. We live in our Burnley bubble and can appreciate Dyche - very few others do.

He is still seen as a Warnock/Pulls style negative English coach and will never get a job at a top club until he can shift that. Being at Burnley doesn't help.

Top 6 clubs? Never going to happen as they will always appoint from the continent. If they're looking English Howe is ahead of Dyche anyway (I disagree of course)

Other than that it's the safe mid table clubs but in the current climate of money are we that far behind these clubs? It's not a ideals move but it's not that big a jump.

All that's left are big clubs in lower divisions but I just don't think he would entertain it. Newcastle might Woo him.

Some managers and clubs are perfect suited to one another and that's us and Dyche. You can't blame him for leaving if the offer comes but it might be better to stick with us and establish us as a PL force.

PL fans don't rate Dyche. We do. He should stay

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:01 am

Dyche will move on when it suits him. He is far too rigid for a top club to even consider.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:02 am

Dom wrote:Bit daft that KRBFC, so you'd rather watch attractive losing football, than ugly winning football?
The goal we scored wasn't scrappy, admittedly it was the only decent bit of football all game but it was a great move and finish.
Consolidation was the aim of the season, you said yourself that 17th was the aim. We look set to exceed that as it stands. Until we have the financial base we are limited by the squad we have, we are a functional team that are well drilled and know their roles. The longer we are in the league, the better standard of players we can bring in, the better football we will be capable of playing. Dyche will leave at some point to bigger and better things but for now we owe him a bloody lot.
I thought the goal against Stoke was excellent. Why can't we win without playing ugly? it was the same last season bar a few blow outs against the dire teams like MK and Charlton. For me, the football is just scrappy unimaginative and I believe we're capable of better. I believe in the squad, I believe we have players capable of retaining the ball much better than we do. I believe we have a group of players capable of winning a game away from home yet under Dyche we can't because we're so negative and far to often we set up to "not lose" rather than to win.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4106 times
Has Liked: 6588 times

Post by bobinho » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:02 am

I think we can be a little obsessed and maybe over critical of the type of football dyche plays. I think it's the only football we CAN play at the moment with the players we have at our disposal. Rome wasn't built in a day.

My only worry is about the amount of influence and ideas that SD has had whilst here. If he leaves, is that likely to be the end of our current successful period?

Leaving for a bigger club is no guarantee of success, as other managers have proved. Sometimes a manager and a club and a group of players just click. It's not common, but when it happens, so do great things. I'm sure SD is smart enough to realise the grass may not be greener elsewhere and that he is at the best place he can be right now.

He may well reach that time when he thinks he's done all he can here, and when that time comes, he leaves with my sincere best wishes and heartfelt thanks for the times he has given me, irrespective of the division we are in at the time. He seems an honourable man to me, and a credit to our football club. Long may he stay.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:07 am

bobinho wrote:I think we can be a little obsessed and maybe over critical of the type of football dyche plays. I think it's the only football we CAN play at the moment with the players we have at our disposal. Rome wasn't built in a day.

My only worry is about the amount of influence and ideas that SD has had whilst here. If he leaves, is that likely to be the end of our current successful period?

Leaving for a bigger club is no guarantee of success, as other managers have proved. Sometimes a manager and a club and a group of players just click. It's not common, but when it happens, so do great things. I'm sure SD is smart enough to realise the grass may not be greener elsewhere and that he is at the best place he can be right now.

He may well reach that time when he thinks he's done all he can here, and when that time comes, he leaves with my sincere best wishes and heartfelt thanks for the times he has given me, irrespective of the division we are in at the time. He seems an honourable man to me, and a credit to our football club. Long may he stay.
So what about last season in the Championship, do you think the football was better? We had one of the best squads in the league yet I thought the football was still the same which kind of blows your theory out of the water imo.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:14 am

It's simple in my mind. Dyche is cutting his cloth accordingly - we haven't yet got the quality to play free flowing football. Therefore a progressive approach is the only way forward. The starting point at this level has got to be exploiting and playing to your strengths, which is precisely what Dyche is doing. I find it incomprehensible that a Burnley fan would want Dyche sacked.
These 2 users liked this post: bobinho BertiesBeehole

bobinho
Been Liked: 4106 times
Has Liked: 6588 times

Post by bobinho » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:16 am

Someone has quoted me. I can't read it. I don't want to read it. I won't read it. Will the individual please try to remember this when posting in the future. I have no wish to converse with trolls, nor am I interested in their opinion.

Thank you.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank tim_noone

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:26 am

taio wrote:It's simple in my mind. Dyche is cutting his cloth accordingly - we haven't yet got the quality to play free flowing football. Therefore a progressive approach is the only way forward. The starting point at this level has got to be exploiting and playing to your strengths, which is precisely what Dyche is doing. I find it incomprehensible that a Burnley fan would want Dyche sacked.
Agree with this. When we have more financial freedom we can sign players that allow us to play a different system.

Brady is the start of that. I'm as frustrated as anyone with him playing out of position or on the bench but perhaps playing him on the right is just temporary whilst we build a squad around him.

One thing that doesn't need fixing is the defence, we just need a handful of the right attacking players and we're golden.

Disagree with KRBFC in part. We were shite against Stoke, but we were superb v Leicester and Sunderland for example, the difference this season to 2 years ago is proof of progress and the ends justifies the means.

If we're still playing this football in a few years time despite being safe then you may have a point.
This user liked this post: BertiesBeehole

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:58 am

Dyche won't be going anywhere better than where he is at this present time. He has done a good job here to date. Next season will be massive has I can see both Keane and Gray leaving in the summer.

His style of football is not at all appealing, most supporters of the other premier league clubs including the Chairmen, would not tolerate it.

We would be mad to give Dyche or any other manager a 10 year contract

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6490 times
Has Liked: 2918 times

Post by Steve1956 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:14 am

pushpinpussy wrote:dont think you can really compare Coyle and Dyche.
If you squint your eyes a little bit when looking at their names they look similar

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3082 times
Has Liked: 5059 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:32 am

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

How can you moan about Dyche's style of play. He plays a style that suits his players. That's why he is successful. If he were to try and play tic a tac with this squad we would be looking up at Sunderland. That said when the squad improves then so will the football. I'm so glad SD is in charge rather than some of the numpties that post on here.

Also to claim we are lucky, because of last minute goals, deflections, lucky penalty (just the one). What about Arsenal home and away, Swansea away. How many stone wall penalties have we had turned down, because we aren't 'fashionable'.

I can only imagine you're dyslexic and your user name should be KBRFC

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3864 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Amazing what a win can do to change the mood. On Saturday after the game the talk was if we got relegated Dyche would have to be sacked. No manager could survive two relegations with the same club in a season losing to Accy Stanley and Lincoln in the cups, relegation would of meant no wins in the last 15 games or so bear in mind.
Dyche's football style will hold him back like Pulis and Sam and would probably get his chance if a big club was struggling like a Sunderland, Villa or Newcastle.
I think Huddersfields manager will have a higher stock than Dyche if he gets them promotion with his highly entertaining football. Lets be honest they employ a new manager to improve things, either football quality or position. If the football doesn't improve you need to jump a couple of places every season which is tough.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Given the kind of experience Dyche lacks, it wouldn't surprise me to see his next move take him to a different country. For those saying the way he sets the team up to play is too boring, look at the highlights from our first promotion season.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:59 pm

I have always thought what Taio has expressed and have argued such on here previously

I do feel as has already been suggested regularly on here for the last couple of seasons from a growing minority that at some stage the fans will turn - much like what happened with Pulis at Stoke - the grind of lower mid table - season after season with the odd mid week success against a big team at home together with securing all that revenue was no longer enough.

The fans wanted entertainment, cup run's and finals and a stab at Europe so they agreed to part ways by not renewing his contract. The stability he afforded helped by the deep pockets of the Coates family made them forget that once all they dreamed of was being at the big table telling themselves that it would be all they would ever want. It never is.

This is likely to happen here if Dyche doesn't evolve the team quick enough in the eyes of the fans. Personally I think that will take another 5 - 10 years of earning and stability in the top league so that the Academy has time to shape things - it is very competitive at that level round here so will take much longer to establish than Southampton say - who many would say we should be looking to emulate. The risk is we fall into the circus of signing stars who we cannot afford - Sam evolved his style at Bolton and played some great football with Djorkiev, Ocoha et al but killed the club financially - we can't do that - we have no one who can write off £170m - and I do not want us too either.
Last edited by Chester Perry on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bacchus
Been Liked: 599 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Post by Bacchus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:05 pm

AndrewJB wrote:Given the kind of experience Dyche lacks, it wouldn't surprise me to see his next move take him to a different country
I must say this had crossed my mind. If he really wants to get one of the top English jobs he needs to get a cv that makes him a credible candidate. Arguably the fastest route to that is to go to Holland / Belgium / Portugal where he is more likely to get a job at a club with realistic prospects of domestic silverware and European campaigns.

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Most of those in support of Dyche being attractive to better clubs are stating truths.

However it is not so much the reality as the media portrayal and external perception that matters.

So whilst it is totally sensible to play a defensive game given our resources it does not impress the big clubs. Whether we played "good stuff" at times last year is immaterial, it was perceived as functional rather than dazzling by the media and supporters of other clubs.

Dyche is untried as an attacking manager, he has little track record in dealing with big egos, no great examples of uncovering gems, or even marvelous cup wins against the odds. In short nothing that would even get him onto a shortlist of a big club. He is ideally suited to us. We are ideally suited to him (as it stands).

It would be a huge gamble for a spurs/everton etc to even mention a functional but effective manager like Dyche. It is why Pullis and Big Sam have never really done the "big club" thing but "Harry" has.