Barnes yesterday

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Re: Barnes yesterday

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:12 pm

hes a scrapping sort of player, jumps about clumsily with his arms flailing a lot.
But...he can be excellent occasionally, his ablities to get on the end of things in the six yard box is great.
Quite accurate now and again with long shots too.
I like him.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:27 pm

fidelcastro wrote:To put it mildly... that's being rather economical with the truth, but hey, if it gets you the attention that you crave... fill your boots! :roll:

EDIT: Who was this 10 million pound striker?

First I heard :shock:
I think Gray cost more than £10M after add ons had been paid.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2006 times
Has Liked: 3346 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:29 pm

I like him too and I've never had a problem with the way he plays. He gets stuck in and winds up more "polished" opposition and had always epitomised what we need in order to muscle in on this rather posh party known as the PL. He's actually got bags of ability too and at only £300,000? a flippin' bargain. However my only gripe is that he seems to be increasingly "playing to his audience" and is becoming more brutal than subtle and concentrating more on his niggling and winding up and less on his actual game. His reputation is now going before him and refs are becoming wise, opposing players are constantly drawing the ref's attention to EVERY little thing and other clubs (and refs) are on the look out for him before we kick off. I've begun to really worry he's a red card waiting to happen in every game and yet I love him to bits and I want him in the team.

jurek
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by jurek » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:36 pm

Have to agree with Wile E Coyote re. Barnes but don't think he's really
premiership quality.

He does suit out style of play and that's why Dyche picks him
but ultimately he doesn't score or create enough chances for me.
I doubt whether he'd be a regular starter for any other team in the premier league.
There's always a nagging doubt about whether he could cost us and get sent off which
he's managed to avoid so far this season.

Ultimately he's a forward and has to be judged by the chances he creates and goals
he scores and that's where he falls down.

boiledclaret
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 1022 times

Post by boiledclaret » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:38 pm

KRBFC wrote:The brand of football, the cup run, the general atmosphere around the place
There were more goals because we went up in the play off's and then got relegated. The atmos was good because it was all new.

Two 93 point seasons, one of them with a 23 game unbeaten run and staying up in the Prem whilst we're currently 12th.

When put in perspective I'm baffled how it compares, unless of course entertainment is your only preference.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2633 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 pm

"........... I've begun to really worry he's a red card waiting to happen in every game and yet I love him to bits and I want him in the team."

Barnes pushes things close to the limit but that is part of his game, however, after seeing Larsson sent off today for the first time in 417 appearances, I think that every player can now be considered a red card waiting to happen -- unless they play for the top 6. ;)

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:"........... I've begun to really worry he's a red card waiting to happen in every game and yet I love him to bits and I want him in the team."

Barnes pushes things close to the limit but that is part of his game, however, after seeing Larsson sent off today for the first time in 417 appearances, I think that every player can now be considered a red card waiting to happen -- unless they play for the top 6. ;)
I think you see my point though Ashington. Yesterday I was on pins every time he went up for the ball. In previous seasons and even earlier this season I never felt like that and would generally pick him ahead of Vokes as he wins his share of headers, can hold the ball up AND is tricky on the ground.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:50 pm

boiledclaret wrote:There were more goals because we went up in the play off's and then got relegated. The atmos was good because it was all new.

Two 93 point seasons, one of them with a 23 game unbeaten run and staying up in the Prem whilst we're currently 12th.

When put in perspective I'm baffled how it compares, unless of course entertainment is your only preference.
I preferred the Coyle promotion season over any of Yawn Dyches, that's my personal choice, yours is different. I dont understand your point, are you really trying to argue over personal preference? chill, i'm allowed my favourite you're allowed yours.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2633 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:53 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:I think you see my point though Ashington. Yesterday I was on pins every time he went up for the ball. In previous seasons and even earlier this season I never felt like that and would generally pick him ahead of Vokes as he wins his share of headers, can hold the ball up AND is tricky on the ground.
No point worrying about it though because all referees are different and players are often able to suss out just how far they can go, lke Lincoln and we did in the cup game. Occasionally, the player or the ref gets it wrong --que sera sera.

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:01 pm

KRBFC wrote:I preferred the Coyle promotion season over any of Yawn Dyches, that's my personal choice, yours is different. I dont understand your point, are you really trying to argue over personal preference? chill, i'm allowed my favourite you're allowed yours.

Good !! Now go and follow Bolton or Blackburn or wherever Judas ends up next
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:No point worrying about it though because all referees are different and players are often able to suss out just how far they can go, lke Lincoln and we did in the cup game. Occasionally, the player or the ref gets it wrong --que sera sera.
I agree. The bloke has considerable skill and he's been with us long enough now that most of us have seen that. I just hope he doesn't get dragged into focusing too much on his "other" game and lose sight of the fact that he's a more than decent player. Certainly in our set up anyway.

Walton
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Post by Walton » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:51 pm

He's a tosser, and he's nowhere near good enough.

Thickest footballer I've ever seen.
This user liked this post: Wile E Coyote

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:02 pm

Walton you are mad

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:14 pm

dpinsussex wrote:Good !! Now go and follow Bolton or Blackburn or wherever Judas ends up next
Why would I follow a manager? because I enjoyed my side while he was manager? so you will follow Northampton when Dyche is appointed their manager, so i'm guessing you were previously a Watford fan? interesting

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:18 pm

Walton wrote:He's a tosser, and he's nowhere near good enough.

Thickest footballer I've ever seen.
Whilst I disagree completly, that is a beautiful and concise critique Walton

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:22 pm

Wokingclaret wrote:Walton you are mad

I wouldn't say mad, more of a bit of a w*nker.

We can't call him a 'racist' or 'a nasty piece of work' that he likes to call others because he's whiter than white.

However, we can call him a w*nker for calling a current Burnley player 'a tosser'.

I do hope that quoonbeatz and his other chums come on to 'like' his post.