Ross Barkley 'Attacked'

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
MarkGreen
Been Liked: 479 times
Has Liked: 136 times

Ross Barkley 'Attacked'

Post by MarkGreen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:46 am

Last edited by MarkGreen on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Re: Ross Barkley 'Attacked'

Post by Firthy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:50 am

After trawling through that shite I realise why I hate twitter. Aptly named after everyone who uses it.
These 2 users liked this post: smudge cricketfieldclarets

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:51 am

Bit of a sneaky shot.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Always running the risk of coming into conflict when in a city of two rivals. That and the fact he is stalling over a new contract. If I was a rich footballer I don't think I'd feel comfortable in that type of environment myself. Still without knowing what was actually said or the circumstances it's unfortunate for him but it happens.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3801 times

Post by JohnMac » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Looked like he made the wrong sort of pass to me.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3860 times
Has Liked: 2068 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:54 pm

Will he be available for our game with the concussion rule?

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Probably soemthing to do with the fact he (allegedly) slept with a gangsters Mrs a bit ago

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Belial wrote:Probably soemthing to do with the fact he (allegedly) slept with a gangsters Mrs a bit ago
Any pics of said Mrs?

Just want to know if it was worth it.

Belial

Post by Belial » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Any pics of said Mrs?

Just want to know if it was worth it.
I haven't seen her... I was wondering the same. It could be a 'him' of course
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Didn't look like he was instigating aggression there to me, might have been talking sh!t but still; not good that and the lad wants charging for it.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3860 times
Has Liked: 2068 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Stupid really. Either get sent down for the punch or slapped about by half the city everywhere he goes.

He supposedly got filled in outside the venue immediately after.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2595 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Looks a fairly OTT reaction but of course we don't know what has been said.

Some of the comments on there.. a cowards punch, sneaky shot? Don't know how many pub fights they've seen but that's pretty much how it goes. Someone mouths off then gets walloped, as Jamie Vardy might say. It's not Queensberry rules.

As Moffitt says, let the legal process sort it out. He should hire Stevie G's legal team.

lakesclaret
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by lakesclaret » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Bit of a sucker punch ,but whatever was happening the guy was clearly gonna smack RB regardless,he even tees himself up nicely for the chin.
He should get sent down for that though id imagine.

As for him getting a slap for allegedley sh@gging a gangsters Mrs,thats utter ********. He wouldn't be getting filled in on camera with witnesses if that was the case.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:20 pm

NottsClaret wrote:Looks a fairly OTT reaction but of course we don't know what has been said.

Some of the comments on there.. a cowards punch, sneaky shot? Don't know how many pub fights they've seen but that's pretty much how it goes. Someone mouths off then gets walloped, as Jamie Vardy might say. It's not Queensberry rules.

As Moffitt says, let the legal process sort it out. He should hire Stevie G's legal team.

Yeah not sure on the coward or sneaky shot comments either. They were face to face, presumably in some sort if back and forth, wasn't like he side swiped him or came from behind unexpectedly. Not sure how else people expect a fight to start.

Not condoning it mind, but we've all done that.

ClaretEngineer
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Post by ClaretEngineer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Decent effort that. Though it looks fairly amicable when they're rocking back and forth, very difficult to make out the 'scene' without any sound.

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:42 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:
Not condoning it mind, but we've all done that.
Have we? You obviously have a different 'normal' to me!
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone BFCmaj

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:01 pm

Know a few Everton fans and Ross is hated by not just Liverpool fans but most of the Everton fans from the city too. Often here of him getting into scraps....just a few weeks ago he was fighting in a restaurant in Southport

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Caballo wrote:Have we? You obviously have a different 'normal' to me!
OK not all, but I bet most of us have on here. We grew up in Burnley after all!

DCWat
Been Liked: 4139 times
Has Liked: 3603 times

Post by DCWat » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:58 pm

I'd say that decking someone who blatantly isn't expecting a punch is both cowardly and dangerous. From my experience, that's not how a fight starts. One usually starts with both parties squaring up - that just wasn't happening in that video.

I'd be ashamed to admit that I'd taken a shot like that at someone, never mind saying we've all been there, which we all haven't.
These 3 users liked this post: tim_noone Caballo BFCmaj

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:23 pm

DCWat wrote:I'd say that decking someone who blatantly isn't expecting a punch is both cowardly and dangerous. From my experience, that's not how a fight starts. One usually starts with both parties squaring up - that just wasn't happening in that video.

I'd be ashamed to admit that I'd taken a shot like that at someone, never mind saying we've all been there, which we all haven't.
Mmmmm.....what if say you stuck a glass into someones eye...or maybe threw A glass into someones face causing a nasty injury. All caught on camera What do you think would happen to the perpetrator... erm in burnley.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:30 pm

lakesclaret wrote:Bit of a sucker punch ,but whatever was happening the guy was clearly gonna smack RB regardless,he even tees himself up nicely for the chin.

As for him getting a slap for allegedley sh@gging a gangsters Mrs,thats utter ********. He wouldn't be getting filled in on camera with witnesses if that was the case.
Not a chance he will get sent down.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:31 pm

DCWat wrote:I'd say that decking someone who blatantly isn't expecting a punch is both cowardly and dangerous. From my experience, that's not how a fight starts. One usually starts with both parties squaring up - that just wasn't happening in that video.

I agree.

If you want to play pat-a-cake then you have to say.... outside if you want some.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:55 pm

If you are in someones grill like that and the tone is in any way, shape or form confrontational you should be expecting it, especially if beer is involved..

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:41 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:If you are in someones grill like that and the tone is in any way, shape or form confrontational you should be expecting it, especially if beer is involved..
Grill???

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:03 am

ClaretMoffitt wrote:If you are in someones grill like that and the tone is in any way, shape or form confrontational you should be expecting it, especially if beer is involved..
In someone's grill :lol:

So you're condoning it or saying that it should be expected because someone might have had a few drinks?

Drink does make some people worse but invariably, it's the person themselves, with or without the drink that's the issue.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:33 am

DCWat wrote:In someone's grill :lol:

So you're condoning it or saying that it should be expected because someone might have had a few drinks?

Drink does make some people worse but invariably, it's the person themselves, with or without the drink that's the issue.
Where do you get I'm condoning it from?

Its just a fact of life. If someone is in your face, or you get in their face and mouth off to them; which is was looked to be happening in the video, you need to be ready to get hit, especially if beer is involved. If you're in that situation and you have your hands down by yours sides, with your feet close together blissfully relaxed and unexpectant while either you or the person in front of you make aggressive noises, then you are naive.

bedfords
Been Liked: 121 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Post by bedfords » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:07 am

You've just condoned it in your response......
This user liked this post: tim_noone

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:31 am

ClaretMoffitt wrote:Where do you get I'm condoning it from?

Its just a fact of life. If someone is in your face, or you get in their face and mouth off to them; which is was looked to be happening in the video, you need to be ready to get hit, especially if beer is involved. If you're in that situation and you have your hands down by yours sides, with your feet close together blissfully relaxed and unexpectant while either you or the person in front of you make aggressive noises, then you are naive.
It might be a fact of life for a minority but for the vast majority, they'd likely not be on guard for a random punch being thrown.

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Post by BigChaCha » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:32 am

It looked like Barkley was patting his shoulders and tapping under his chin in a patronising manner. If it's a mate then no problem but if it was a stranger and he was giving it the big 'I am' then I'm not surprised, I'd of done the same. I've learnt from over the years that you have to take out drunk people if they show the slightest hint of aggression before it escalates!

In a lot of cases you can tell that you need to take control of the situation without them even speaking because of the body language they are showing. Sorry but if i know that I'm likely to get into a fight or he's going to attack me. then i take them out before i have time to get slapped. Call it a sucker punch or sly but getting hit hurts, which I'm not too keen on and the art of self defence is to take them out before they inflict damage on you!
Last edited by BigChaCha on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:42 am

BigChaCha wrote:It looked like Barkley was patting his shoulders and tapping under his chin in a patronising manner. If it's a mate then no problem but if it was a stranger and he was giving it the big 'I am' then I'm not surprised, I'd of done the same. I've learnt from over the years that you have to take drunk people out if they show the slightest hint of aggression before it escalates!
It's the only way :lol:

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:50 am

There's no real rules in Pub Fighting, and there was certainly no 'Golden Age' of Chivalry in it, either.
Barkley is lucky that guy didn't have a glass in his hand.
If some bugger's being aggressive Ina pub or bar, and you can walk away, I'd advise you do so.
It's better to lose face than to 'lose face', in my opinion.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

MarkGreen
Been Liked: 479 times
Has Liked: 136 times

Post by MarkGreen » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:50 am

BigChaCha wrote:It looked like Barkley was patting his shoulders and tapping under his chin in a patronising manner. If it's a mate then no problem but if it was a stranger and he was giving it the big 'I am' then I'm not surprised, I'd of done the same.
I also got that impression. Although we do not know what has been said if someone was touching me like that I wouldn't be too happy.

As for those who think it is a random unexpected punch, you can quite clearly see from the very start of the video that the right hand has already made a fist a good 8 seconds before he even makes contact. He looks pretty pee'd off to me

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:33 am

WHY DINT YOU DUCK

WHY DINT YOU DUCK

WHEN HE THREW THAT RIGHT HOOK

WHY DINT YOU DUCK !

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:09 pm

BigChaCha wrote:It looked like Barkley was patting his shoulders and tapping under his chin in a patronising manner. If it's a mate then no problem but if it was a stranger and he was giving it the big 'I am' then I'm not surprised, I'd of done the same. I've learnt from over the years that you have to take out drunk people if they show the slightest hint of aggression before it escalates!

In a lot of cases you can tell that you need to take control of the situation without them even speaking because of the body language they are showing. Sorry but if i know that I'm likely to get into a fight or he's going to attack me. then i take them out before i have time to get slapped. Call it a sucker punch or sly but getting hit hurts, which I'm not too keen on and the art of self defence is to take them out before they inflict damage on you!
Dont mess wi big bad cha cha.... probably the shaved head type.takes them out good style! A world champion in the making.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Chobulous
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Chobulous » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:30 pm

It's the choice of phrase casually thrown in on here that is so funny. Playing patacake, in his grill, teeing himself up nicely for the chin

:lol: :lol: :lol:

we live right on the edge in Burnley

Where was

The Filth
Dibble
Bizzies

Anybody think of any more?

claretdom
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by claretdom » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Rozzers and 5o should be added

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:56 pm

Big jobbies

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:There's no real rules in Pub Fighting, and there was certainly no 'Golden Age' of Chivalry in it, either.
Barkley is lucky that guy didn't have a glass in his hand.
If some bugger's being aggressive Ina pub or bar, and you can walk away, I'd advise you do so.
It's better to lose face than to 'lose face', in my opinion.
Nail on the head. No pun intended.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:16 pm

bedfords wrote:You've just condoned it in your response......
I understand it, I've seen it, I've experienced it, that doesn't mean I condone it.

bedfords
Been Liked: 121 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Post by bedfords » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:07 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:I understand it, I've seen it, I've experienced it, that doesn't mean I condone it.
You made a point of saying that you would do it in your post.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:44 pm

bedfords wrote:You made a point of saying that you would do it in your post.
No, the very first thing I said was that the lad should be charged over it.

I just disagreed with those that said it was cowardly or sneaky.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:09 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:No, the very first thing I said was that the lad should be charged over it.

I just disagreed with those that said it was cowardly or sneaky.
It was both... imo. Trying to make a name for himself.

Belial

Post by Belial » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:45 pm

lakesclaret wrote:Bit of a sucker punch ,but whatever was happening the guy was clearly gonna smack RB regardless,he even tees himself up nicely for the chin.

You were saying? http://www.givemesport.com/1027348-what ... -III-1sted

ThinLizzy
Been Liked: 299 times
Has Liked: 221 times

Post by ThinLizzy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Living down here in Scouseland.

I wouldn't touch the city centre with a barge pole at night. The bars are chock full of unsavoury characters. I know the bar he was in and it's knee deep in morons who think they are bigger and better than they are, probably including Barkley himself in that.
It's the same the world over. Non event. Just some gobby Scouser having a pop at another one. Non event!