Burnley v Manchester United - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2594 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Re: Burnley v Manchester United - Player Ratings

Post by quoonbeatz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:26 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:He was there with your mate Walton's favourite forward in Barnes. Although you've stopped short in calling him a prick.

You also got Bailly and Fellaini mixed up.
Cheers, I've edited that typo now, been a long day! I've sacked my proofreader.

I haven't got anyone mixed up thanks, fellaini picked up Barnes on goal kicks but other than that bailly marked him. Barnes wasn't in the game today.

maidenover
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by maidenover » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:29 pm

Heaton 6
Lowton 6
Keane 6
Mee 6
Ward 6
Boyd 4
Barton 5
Hendrick 6
Brady 6
Barnes 4
Gray 7 Our best player on the day IMO

Tarkowski 5

maidenover
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by maidenover » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:33 pm

Heaton 6
Lowton 6
Keane 6
Mee 6
Ward 6
Boyd 4
Barton 5
Hendrick 6
Brady 6
Barnes 4
Gray 7 Our best player on the day IMO

Tarkowski 5

Milltown1882
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 856 times

Post by Milltown1882 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 pm

Maybe Jose is bringing that United fear factor back off the name on the front of the shirt rather than the back

Heaton 5 couple of decent saves, terrible distribution
Lowton 7 - only one who looked up for it for 90 minutes
Keane 5 - demonstrated how much mee makes him the player he is
Mee 6 - solid till the injury
Ward 6 -
Boyd 4 - did he touch the ball?
Barton 3 - looked scared of Pogba for 90 minutes
Hendrick 6 - getting better
Brady 6 - as hendrick
Barnes 3 - still in fellaini's back pocket
Gray 7 - so isolated it hurts but didn't stop making runs

Tarkowski 5 - ticking time bomb when he came on
Gudmundsson 4 - pretty much as Boyd

They're 23 unbeaten for a reason, just outclassed

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:46 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:Cheers, I've edited that typo now, been a long day! I've sacked my proofreader.

I haven't got anyone mixed up thanks, fellaini picked up Barnes on goal kicks but other than that bailly marked him. Barnes wasn't in the game today.

I knew it was a typo Quoon, I was just playing the silly beggar.

I know that it's a ratings thread and I've no problem with your rating for Barnes, but the comment after the rating doesn't seem like your normal self. We all know what we're getting from Ashley Barnes before a ball is kicked, because he's limited and we know it.

I thought that Fellaini's job was to occupy Barnes (I started a thread and everything) and nullify the flick ons and second balls up the pitch.
This user liked this post: quoonbeatz

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2594 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:56 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:I knew it was a typo Quoon, I was just playing the silly beggar.

I know that it's a ratings thread and I've no problem with your rating for Barnes, but the comment after the rating doesn't seem like your normal self. We all know what we're getting from Ashley Barnes before a ball is kicked, because he's limited and we know it.

I thought that Fellaini's job was to occupy Barnes (I started a thread and everything) and nullify the flick ons and second balls up the pitch.
I think Barnes has been a vital player for us; he's bagged some really important goals and I think he's a decent enough player but as you've said, he's limited and that's no sleight on him. Half his game is based on being a nark and once that's nullified, he's even more limited.

I've nothing against Barnes at all but I'd want him to be a 3rd/4th choice next season otherwise we haven't progressed.

There's no shame in him being dominated by players as good as he faced today and we've basically been done by one of the best managers in the business, my comment was more about us progressing as a club and playing better football. We badly missed vokes up top, we're a better side with him in instead of barnes.
This user liked this post: Bin Ont Turf

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:08 am

Thank goodness for that, I thought that we'd lost you for a minute there.

quoonbeatz wrote: I've nothing against Barnes at all but I'd want him to be a 3rd/4th choice next season otherwise we haven't progressed.
I didn't think after last season ended that we'd be playing much of him this season. I love his niggly game but it doesn't work as much at this level.

We are Burnley after all though, but yes we have to progress next season in the forward department.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:50 am

Heaton 4
Lowton 4 cant cross for toffee
Keane 3 his heart wasn't in it. All over the place.
Mee 7
Ward 5
Boyd 3 did he touch the ball?
Hendrick 6 wish we would see more of his driving runs with the ball, Dyche probably went mad at him for it.
Barton 3 his passing is awful for a guy who's played in the PL for most of his career.
Brady 6 tried his best, struggled with the straight jacket system and statuesque movement.
Barnes 3 typical Barnes performance, offers absolutely no goal threat and spends the entire game wrestling.
Gray 7 like Brady, tried his knackers off in the straight jacket system that completely isolates him half of the time. In his Burnley career, you can probably count on one hand the amount of times he's won a header yet we continue to hoof it in his direction.

As bad a performance you will see from a supposed PL team. We wouldn't have scored had we still been playing now, midfield overrun, Dyche should have changed it at half time, Marco Silva would have done. Of course, Dyche would get a nose bleed from being proactive.

ThinLizzy
Been Liked: 299 times
Has Liked: 221 times

Post by ThinLizzy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:52 am

Heaton 6
Lowton 6
Keane 7
Mee 6
Ward 7
Boyd 5
Barton 6
Hendrick 6
Brady 7
Barnes 4
Gray 7

Tarkowski 6
JBG 6

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:01 am

Heaton 6
Lowton 6
Keane 6
Mee 7
Ward 6
Boyd 4
Barton 5
Hendrick 6
Brady 6
Barnes 5
Gray 6

Tarkowski 5
Gudmundsson 5

still saying 38 points, 16 position

all scores from TV though.

The special one 10 for nullifying the threat, playing Fellaini where he did stopped a lot from us but did think SD should have changed the team at half but as usual he did not. At the end of the season no one will keep going back to, (well a few might :) ) the scores/matches, its still not a sprint so 17th or above is what counts.

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:28 am

Heaton - 7
Lowton - 7
Keane - 7
Mee - 8*
Ward - 7
Boyd - 5
Hendrick - 5
Barton - 5
Brady - 5
Barnes - 5
Gray - 6

Tarkowski - 6
Gudmundsson - 5
Agyei - 5

IAmAClaret
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Post by IAmAClaret » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 am

Heaton 5
Lowton 6
Keane 6
Mee 6
Ward 6
Boyd 4
Barton 5
Hendrick 4
Brady 5
Barnes 4
Gray 4

uwe
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Post by uwe » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Heaton 6 .... poor kicking
Lowton 6 .... not an easy game
Keane 7 ... smooth operator
Mee 7 .... rugged defender
Ward 6 .... will benefit from Brady giving him an option wide
Boyd 4 .... I was there the day George beat a man and got shot in! 1 mark for that. Otherwise, not his game today: playing against aside happy to sit, we need more pace/trickery. Not a criticism, but that's not what he gets picked for.
Barton 4 .... doesn't hide. 1 mark for that. After seeing Chubby Charlie Adam run past him t'other week, i thought his days numbered. Certainly seemed it y'day. Needed Defour not Joey to unlock Utd. Certainly didn't need him to keep dropping to take the ball off Tarks/Keano. Waste of a more forward-looking threat.
Hendrick 7. He's got something, but it is locked away mostly. Thrilling when he glides forward. More please.
Brady 7. What a player for us he'll be when properly settled. Like him a lot.
Barnes 4 Rarely got the better of Fellaini, who should've been booked in first half after 5 fouls. That might've changed things for our warrior. Never managed to link with Andre
Gray 7* Got better and better. Shame about the airshot, and had Bailly not blocked his clever shot after turn, could've been a heroic day. As usual, ran them ragged, hold-up play good, with a couple of daft exceptions when he took wrong option.

Tarkowski 6. Started 4 became 7. Classy, love his positive attitude. There really was no need for Joey to drop deep to take the ball off him & Keano, they can both pass as well as he can
JBG. 6 Great to have him on the pitch again. Didn't do a lot, but we'll need his pace and goal threat.
Agyei. Wrong studs young man. But inches from scoring a lovely goal.

SD. Who am i to criticise the great man (I mean that).... but, once it became clear that the ref was never going to book Fellaini, then Plan A wasn't going to work. And once they were 2 up, it was never going to be Georgie to create something. And I completely understand his reliance on Joey .... but with the gangly Fellaini and Pogba to get past or through, we needed something different, either pace, trickery or invention, and Joey doesn't offer any of those. On another day, Gray would've scored, Barnes head would've met Brady's fabulous cross, Joey would've fouled Martial etc etc .... Next week, I'd go back to 5 across the middle. Don't see Ash getting much out of the Palace backline, and he and Andre didn't link at all, so I'd get Defour in, Westwood for Joey.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6362 times
Has Liked: 8705 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Heaton 6
Lowton 6
Keane 6
Mee 6
Ward 7
Boyd 5
Barton 5
Hendrick 6
Brady 6
Barnes 5
Gray 6

Tarkowski 5
Gudmundsson 5
Agyei 5

Outclassed. Just like every other team has been by them in recent months....including Chelsea.
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

strayclaret
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Post by strayclaret » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:00 pm

Heaton 5
Lowton 6
Keane 7
Mee 6
Ward 6
Brady 6
Barton 6
Hendrick 6
Boyd 5
Barnes 5
Gray 7
Tarky 5
Didn't give em a game at all, very disappointing

boiledclaret
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 1022 times

Post by boiledclaret » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:15 am

Buxtonclaret wrote:Absolutely.
Some daft posts on these pages, when we lose..
True, Gray getting 4's and 5's is utterly ludicrous. Maybe some posters need scapegoats for their anger.