Dyche

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KRBFC
Been Liked: 3803 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Dyche

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:26 pm

I criticise him when I believe he gets it wrong so its only fair I praise him when he gets it right. Bang on today for me, I did fancy us "I said we will win today 2-1" prior to kick off but never thought wed win in this manner, very good.
These 12 users liked this post: Leisure Sidney1st Greenmile PaintYorkClaretnBlue Wexford_Claret Spijed Rick_Muller Lancasterclaret Jel SussexDon1inIreland Murger THEWELLERNUT70

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Re: Dyche

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:21 pm

Fair play to you for this post.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Leisure
Been Liked: 3795 times
Has Liked: 12492 times

Post by Leisure » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:23 pm

But he probably still wants him replaced!
These 2 users liked this post: Sidney1st Greenmile

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Leisure wrote:But he probably still wants him replaced!
I agree with that!

...KRBFC should still be replaced! :D

UTC

alicante claret
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by alicante claret » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Something we all need to learn, Sean knows best. Doubted selection today , brilliant win and safe for another season. How do we asses what he has done for our club?

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Judging by the interview after the game it was his staff that insisted on the changes today. So fair play to all involved.

Flat Stanley
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by Flat Stanley » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:09 pm

Yeah staff have input but Dyche has the final say. It's a Mangers job to surround himself with good people, listen well and make good decisions based on all the information you have. Doubted the team selection but we were magnificent today. I have been critical of some of the football this season which has not been great to watch but I Dont mind the direct style when we play like that, aggression, high press at times, won nearly all second balls and created chances. Team selection and tactics spot on today. Been to a few away games this season but didn't go today. Really pleased for the traveling fans who finally got their reward for their loyalty and hard earned cash being spent with an away win and a great performance.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2269 times

Post by dsr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:26 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:Judging by the interview after the game it was his staff that insisted on the changes today. So fair play to all involved.
It wasn't his staff that insisted that Barton or Mee should be left out, or Ward subbed. And last time all three strikers were fit for an away game, we played Vokes and Barnes. Brady probably got left out for that defensive header to Pogba for United's second goal; that and the fact (or opinion!) that his attacking play isn't up to what we would like it to be, yet.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1826 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Many on here for the last few weeks have been shouting the equivalent of 'Blink, Blink!" at Dyche. When the team sheet came out today there were many moans and groans. No Defour, Brady or Gray. Arfied straight back into the side. Why don't we play 'expasive, attrative' football, too many long balls etc.

Sean had a plan from Day 1 and has stuck to it resolutely. He didn't blink a month ago and he didn't blink today and thanks to that we're almost over the line.
These 9 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland claretspice Sidney1st Greenmile Hapag Lloyd bobinho maidenover lovebeingaclaret Colburn_Claret

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4073 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:34 pm

That's why he's the manager and his critics work in factories and offices, etc.
These 3 users liked this post: CombatClaret Houseclaret maidenover

JimmyRobbo
Been Liked: 509 times
Has Liked: 886 times

Post by JimmyRobbo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:42 pm

KRBFC wrote:I ........ its only fair I praise him when he gets it right.
I think he deserves a lot more humble pie than that from you!

He's got far more right than wrong this year. A few mistakes but overall, we have massively overachieved.
These 3 users liked this post: Hapag Lloyd lovebeingaclaret SussexDon1inIreland

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:53 pm

Combat claret nails it. Trust in your game when a bit of adversity hits, don't immediately doubt it and chuck it in the fire in favour of some thing you dont know and haven't practiced.

Fair play to KRBFC, but the words missing from his post are "I was wrong".
This user liked this post: lovebeingaclaret

fungus_the_bogeyman
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by fungus_the_bogeyman » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:16 am

I plan to name my firstborn after him!

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:17 am

ElectroClaret wrote:That's why he's the manager and his critics work in factories and offices, etc.
Or sit at home with their keyboard....

Enjoy guys, we support a successful football team. Burnley have a great manager, a great team and a great Board.

Onwards to the next season in the Premier League.

UTC
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:21 am

fungus_the_bogeyman wrote:I plan to name my firstborn after him!
Will KRBFC fit with your surname?

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:01 am

Did Dyche get lucky today ? Joey's ban gave Westwood his place not Dyche's genius.
Joey has needed dropping for a few games IMO.Westwood has had a good game and I'm not sure we would have done as well with Barton in.

maidenover
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by maidenover » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:56 am

Fair play to you KRBFC. I agree with some of your posts regarding our manager's shortfalls and disagree with others. But at least you were man enough to give him credit today

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:20 am

Was great today and the timing of the Gray substitution was bang on. Very pro active.
Barnes and Vokes had got in behind but didn't quite have the legs. He saw that and reacted.

Could have been a very difficult period should Mr Dyche left it as it was.

Great game plan, great execution, massive 3 pointd8.

SO NOW YOU'RE GUNNA BELEIVE US,
SO NOW YOU'RE GONNA BELIEVE US,
SO NOW YOU'RE GONNA BELIEVE UUUUS,
THE CLARETS ARE STAYING UP!

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:43 am

Do people still listen to the OP. He's the biggest clown going. Usually don't open his posts anymore as he has spoils this site for me with his constant negativity. He's boring and if the moderators are not careful he's going to drive a lot of people away. He only likes to argue his negative points and be different to get attention. He's an attention seeker. Please don't rise to it anymore. I for one will never respond to his posts ever again. He soon gets bored and moves on if you ignore him. It's the same with that depressant abc or whatever people call him. He's an attention seeker to. I've blocked his messages and this message board is already a better place for me as I don't need to read his constant boring topics which really depress the hell out of me. He needs help. Btw from a palace website. How anyone can ever slate Dyche is beyond me. Like Shearer said on MOD. He should get manager of the year.

I congratulate Sean Dyche for setting up his team to suss us out. They were brilliant. No use blaming the ref. or Hennessey - we just were not good enough.
Now probably have to rely on others to keep us up

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:49 am

Must admit when I saw the starting line up I feared the worst but Dyche got it spot on.

Not a bad manager we've got!

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:52 am

alicante claret wrote:Something we all need to learn, Sean knows best. Doubted selection today , brilliant win and safe for another season. How do we asses what he has done for our club?
Well I'd start by looking at the bank account !

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 169 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:12 am

Questions were asked before (some right, some wrong), but SD got it spot on yesterday.

Looking back at yesterday, he actually performed a perfect Pulis over Allardyce.

Add to that a terrific team performance with all of them at the top of their game.

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1514 times

Post by Goodclaret » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:18 am

I know SD doesn't get everything correct all the time (he always admits he's still learning) but his mission was to keep Burnley in the PL this season. Unless something absolutely unbelievable happens he's done that. That's why it's always important to look at the bigger picture instead of smashing the manager or players after one defeat. This squad of players have produced something amazing these last two seasons and, I for one, am very proud of them, SD and everyone else at the club for their achievement.

We will start as one of the favourites for relegation again next season but, over the summer, I'm sure we will see more quality arrivals and then try and step up a level again. It's a slow process but as long as we are always improving then I'm more than happy with that.

We are staying up, say we are staying up!!! UTC :D :D
These 5 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland Tribesmen Belgianclaret CleggHall Colburn_Claret

Greeny
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Greeny » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:19 am

Lots of justified praise for Sean but please bear in mind that two of the key changes would not have been made by SD under normal circumstances. Barton despite not playing well for a few weeks, Sean would have put him first on the team sheet again at Selhurst. Ben Mee been great this season but a bit like Lee Grant when he was flying for us always had a mistake waiting to happen + it's strange that we win our first away game when he doesn't play. Westwood + Tarks were big parts of the brilliant team performance yesterday + made all the difference.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:40 am

I have been a fan since the early 50's. Given the playing field for Brown Potts and others and that field since 1992 SD has to be our best manager of them all.

claretfern
Been Liked: 138 times
Has Liked: 1262 times

Post by claretfern » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:57 am

Greeny wrote:Lots of justified praise for Sean but please bear in mind that two of the key changes would not have been made by SD under normal circumstances. Barton despite not playing well for a few weeks, Sean would have put him first on the team sheet again at Selhurst. Ben Mee been great this season but a bit like Lee Grant when he was flying for us always had a mistake waiting to happen + it's strange that we win our first away game when he doesn't play. Westwood + Tarks were big parts of the brilliant team performance yesterday + made all the difference.
Exactly this.....but let's get carried away by all means.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:01 am

Greeny wrote:Lots of justified praise for Sean but please bear in mind that two of the key changes would not have been made by SD under normal circumstances. Barton despite not playing well for a few weeks, Sean would have put him first on the team sheet again at Selhurst. Ben Mee been great this season but a bit like Lee Grant when he was flying for us always had a mistake waiting to happen + it's strange that we win our first away game when he doesn't play. Westwood + Tarks were big parts of the brilliant team performance yesterday + made all the difference.
Its worth noting though that Dyche had signed these 2 lads in the first place.
Yes the changes were enforced, BUT the fact we had these two players ready and able to step in is worth applauding on its own.

Previous seasons the loss of the other 2 would've caused a real issue, especially with Marney already out.

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:07 am

Sorry but your comment on Mee is bang out of order. Keane may be the better defender but the amount of times Mee has had the experience and know how to get behind Heaton and cover the goal line to save shots has Been huge in is staying up. He deserved his place throughout this season.