ARTICLE: I have been so proud of the teams I’ve worked with here

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32528 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

ARTICLE: I have been so proud of the teams I’ve worked with here

Post by ClaretTony » Sat May 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Tony Pulis & Sean Dyche on today's game

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/i-have-been ... -with-here

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Re: ARTICLE: I have been so proud of the teams I’ve worked with here

Post by BennyD » Sat May 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Great comments from a great Burnley manager. We are so, so lucky to have him. Long may he remain.
These 5 users liked this post: Siddo gawthorpe_view ClaretTony bobinho BFCmaj

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Sat May 06, 2017 10:18 pm

The bit at the end about Sam finding his edge is very true.It is something Sam has found in the last couple of games I think that has rubbed off from Barnsey .

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Sun May 07, 2017 9:53 am

The Enclosure wrote:The bit at the end about Sam finding his edge is very true.It is something Sam has found in the last couple of games I think that has rubbed off from Barnsey .
Agreed. Nasty is probably the wrong word but Sam needed to put himself about a bit more. He seems to have done that in the last couple of games.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32528 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun May 07, 2017 9:54 am

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:Agreed. Nasty is probably the wrong word but Sam needed to put himself about a bit more. He seems to have done that in the last couple of games.
If you shoved Vokes & Barnes in a sack and shook them up you would have a hell of a striker come out with the strengths of the two of them.

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Sun May 07, 2017 9:57 am

ClaretTony wrote:If you shoved Vokes & Barnes in a sack and shook them up you would have a hell of a striker come out with the strengths of the two of them.
^^This^^

CleggHall
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 1050 times

Post by CleggHall » Sun May 07, 2017 10:02 am

Nice that he mentions Long and Tarks, it can't be easy being a squad player getting only the occasional game but every club needs them these days. We won the 1st division in 1960 with 12/13 but those days are long gone. Dyche seems to be able to keep most players happy, in or out of the starting XI.

ablueclaret
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by ablueclaret » Sun May 07, 2017 10:05 am

Not sure you'd have a striker, neither really have the two aspects a striker needs, clinical finishing and pace, but they do both in their own way provide a challenge to defenders. Hopefully Vokes will get time out this summer and return as sharp as the last couple of matches, for a lot of the season he has looked a trifle laboured.
It is an interesting combination and does allow Gray to come into his own in the second half but whether there are enough goals between them, well the jury would still be out on that.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun May 07, 2017 10:08 am

ClaretTony wrote:If you shoved Vokes & Barnes in a sack and shook them up you would have a hell of a striker come out with the strengths of the two of them.
Nail on head.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Sun May 07, 2017 10:14 am

Brilliant season and still left with a smile on my face yesterday knowing that it would need something really miraculous for us to not be safe now.

Upon reflection from last week, I could not help that our result at Palace secured our place and that given I felt that it was the same fixture where we missed a penalty when we were in the premier league before that it was kind of nice knowing that things do work themselves out in football; albeit not always when you want it.

Yesterday was never going to be an easy game and the 1pt required was gained. Hopefully we can end up on 44pts as a min now.