Downfall: Trump edition

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Re: Downfall: Trump edition

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Oh ****!

Trump Jr. releases email chain on conversations with Russian sources

Formatted version of the emails
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comm ... g/dk2z1zc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The emails:
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/stat ... 8455953413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/stat ... 9522140166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FAKE NEWS!!!!! Right, Trumpers? :lol:

"Donald Trump isn't even the stupidest Donald Trump" - Someone on Reddit
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

LongsideFacingUp
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by LongsideFacingUp » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:09 pm

Donald Trump Jr releases his own emails and the worst thing anyone can find is a legal meeting with a Russian person who claimed to have dirt on Clinton... but didn't.

Yup. This time they really got em.

YAWN.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:18 pm

LongsideFacingUp wrote:Donald Trump Jr releases his own emails and the worst thing anyone can find is a legal meeting with a Russian person who claimed to have dirt on Clinton... but didn't.

Yup. This time they really got em.

YAWN.
The denial train has no brakes, ah? Even a professor of constitutional law at Harvard. Yes, that Harvard, calls it a "smoking gun". :lol:

And do you know what isn't legal? Jared Kushner not disclosing this information when applying for security clearance. That's a felony. There are also laws against coordinating with a foreign government, and since he just released proof that he tried to seek Russian government documents that shows a clear attempt to get their help. Just the attempt is probably a crime.

But hey, you remain confident. It only means i'll get to laugh at you even harder in the future. :lol:

"This is the House of Cards plot with the characters from Veep." -Dan Pfeiffer

morpheus2
Been Liked: 762 times
Has Liked: 1855 times

Post by morpheus2 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:49 pm

Whose turn is it to keep IT up all night Trumping? I can't be bothered looking for any fake news from CNN or the New York Post.

morpheus2

Post by morpheus2 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:54 pm

morpheus2 wrote:Whose turn is it to keep IT up all night Trumping? I can't be bothered looking for any fake news from CNN or the New York Post.
There's so much of it, I'm spoilt for choice.

Or is it 'spoiled' for choice?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:01 pm

morpheus2 wrote:Whose turn is it to keep IT up all night Trumping? I can't be bothered looking for any fake news from CNN or the New York Post.
You're much more likely to get something more resembling fake news from the New York Post than CNN, but even then it's not fake, just wrong.

By the way, articles of impeachment have been filed against Trump. I think it's too early and it'll fail because congressional Republicans are awful and put Party before Country, but nonetheless, someone's filed them so it'll be fun watching Democrats **** things up by playing by the rules against an opposing party that doesn't.
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

morpheus2

Post by morpheus2 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:05 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You're much more likely to get something more resembling fake news from the New York Post than CNN, but even then it's not fake, just wrong.

Is it 'spoiled' or 'spoilt'.

To be fair I haven't been keeping up with the real news on Breibart or Fox, so I don't really have anything to fire at you tonight :(

Cajun
Been Liked: 243 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Cajun » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:20 am

Definite moodshift detected in my neck of the woods with even a couple of the usual Trump veinbulgers now being very subdued, and another admitting to being “very worried” that Trump and his cronies are now in serious trouble. Dunno about a smoking gun, we now have Battleship Wisconsin letting rip.
Jr initially didn’t put out the full email chain until he realised the NYT had all of it, he lies about what he understood the meeting to be about as revealed by email ‘subject’ lines, then lies about Manafort and Kushner being in the loop as revealed by the ‘subject’ line in one of the emails.
So for me, here’s the rub – it doesn’t matter what if anything takes places in the meeting room, it doesn’t matter if it’s Goldilocks and the three bears waiting in the room for Jr and his pals. The emails make it clear they are going into the meeting on the understanding that they are to meet with a lawyer representing the Russian government who has highly sensitive and damaging documents and information on Hillary Clinton as part of the Russian government’s support for the Trump campaign. Jr writes of this prospect “I love it”. This is the president’s son, his then campaign manager, and his son-in-law/senior advisor, and it’s a clear attempt at collusion to affect the electoral process with a government considered as an adversary.

Oh - Fox and Breitbart real news? Only in Dirtbag Donald's alternative reality.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:05 am

Cajun wrote:Definite moodshift detected in my neck of the woods with even a couple of the usual Trump veinbulgers now being very subdued, and another admitting to being “very worried” that Trump and his cronies are now in serious trouble. Dunno about a smoking gun, we now have Battleship Wisconsin letting rip.
Jr initially didn’t put out the full email chain until he realised the NYT had all of it, he lies about what he understood the meeting to be about as revealed by email ‘subject’ lines, then lies about Manafort and Kushner being in the loop as revealed by the ‘subject’ line in one of the emails.
So for me, here’s the rub – it doesn’t matter what if anything takes places in the meeting room, it doesn’t matter if it’s Goldilocks and the three bears waiting in the room for Jr and his pals. The emails make it clear they are going into the meeting on the understanding that they are to meet with a lawyer representing the Russian government who has highly sensitive and damaging documents and information on Hillary Clinton as part of the Russian government’s support for the Trump campaign. Jr writes of this prospect “I love it”. This is the president’s son, his then campaign manager, and his son-in-law/senior advisor, and it’s a clear attempt at collusion to affect the electoral process with a government considered as an adversary.

Oh - Fox and Breitbart real news? Only in Dirtbag Donald's alternative reality.
It's illegal to even solicit campaign contributions from foreign nationals, including in-kind contributions like, possibly, free opposition research information that would otherwise cost money to obtain. I say possibly because i'm still uncertain that oppo research can be a contribution. My initial thoughs were that in-kind contributions would be material goods that would otherwise cost money. But the law states "goods and services" so it's a valid argument to make that since oppo research is a service that costs money then to solicit it for free from a foreign national is to solicit an in-kind contribution to the campaign.

If anyone is wondering what Trump Jr. should have done when he received the email from Goldstone, look at what Al Gore did when he was sent Bush's debate preparation tapes. Or John McCain when he received the Steele dossier. He should have reported it to the FBI. But he didn't, because he's corrupt, like his Dad.

Edit: Also worth noting that Republican operatives are reportedly preparing an offensive against reporters. Because that's the world they live in now, in America. Where in response to great investigative reporting instead of dealing with the rot you go after the person exposing it.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.3320413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4256 times

Post by Greenmile » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:58 am

'After all the media shaming, Trump attempted to argue Wednesday morning that he’s not even paying much attention to the news.

“The W.H. is functioning perfectly, focused on HealthCare, Tax Cuts/Reform & many other things. I have very little time for watching T.V.,” he tweeted.

That came only three hours after he retweeted a clip from the “Fox & Friends.” This is the third day in a row he has posted a clip from the show.'

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Good old Trumpy, you've got to smile at him.

morpheus2

Post by morpheus2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:21 am

Has anybody informed IT?

President Trump has been found guilty by unfake news of another bizarre handshake during his invitation to the Bastille celebrations in Paris.

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald- ... ay-7839711" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SmudgetheClaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Is this a fake news edition?

morpheus2

Post by morpheus2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:20 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Is this a fake news edition?

I don't know, but all this dodgy handshake business could and should be the Downfall™ of him.

The unfake media is on his case.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:50 pm

morpheus2 wrote:I don't know, but all this dodgy handshake business could and should be the Downfall™ of him.

The unfake media is on his case.

New Trump handshake toy from Hasbro

Not really a new toy from Hasbro. That was fake news.

SmudgetheClaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Since when did the left take over CM?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:08 am

Trump's threatening to fire the Special Prosecutor investigating him and his campaign's russia collusion if the investigation starts looking at his family finances (which they're already doing). He also might be about to fire, or have his AG resign, after expressing regret that he chose him in the first place given that he recused himself from the Russia investigation. It sounds like he really expected Jeff Sessions to help him quash any investigation into him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/us/p ... ussia.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump doesn't have the authority for fire Mueller, only the deputy AG has that authority, and he can only fire him with good cause, and the DAG has already said he would refuse an order from Trump to fire him.

Expect a twitterstorm from the bloated orange later today.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:06 pm

Like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... gns-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:40 pm

I think this one should go in the Downfall thread.

Trump's formet campaign manager Paul Manafort has been subpoenaed to testify infront of the Senate judiciary committee. For idiots who are whining that it's all left-wing lie fabricated to gloss over a bad election the Senate and its committees are controlled by Republicans. I doubt that will stop some people complaining though.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... r-48834801" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:47 pm

A grand jury has been impaneled. Who else thinks they'll indict?
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/03/polit ... 427PMStory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course Trump's loyal sychophants are in panic mode now and crying out for Sessions to fire Mueller, but why? If there's no wrong-doing then what are they and Trump worried about? :)

“It is proper, constitutional, and legal for a federal grand jury to indict a sitting president for serious criminal acts" - Kenneth Starr

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:04 pm

See if you can tell when news broke of the grand jury.

levraiclaret
Been Liked: 428 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by levraiclaret » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:16 pm

was it at midnight?

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3340 times
Has Liked: 1959 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:20 am

What's the reason behind Trump continuing to hold these rallies?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Ego.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:16 pm

Because the people who turn up to them reaffirm his belief that he's doing really well, and he can then ignore anybody who tells him otherwise.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:22 pm

A third attempt to set up a Putin meeting has surfaced. But i'm sure it was all innocent, right guys?

And incase anyone thinks it's just by some ****-kicker nobody who was ignorant to what he was doing. This guy is the Deputy Chief-of-Staff. Outside the cabinet he's probably the third most powerful man in the Executive Branch after Trump and the Chief-of-Staff John Kelly.

http://www.newsweek.com/rick-dearborn-t ... ail-654587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:57 am

The deal was to build a "Trump" Tower in Moscow. Financed by VTB, a russian bank. 60.9% of the bank shares are controlled by a small, innocent organisation called - i think this is how it is spelled - "the Russian government". Never heard of it but i'm sure they have America's best interests at heart.

Clear not something worth looking into. I don't know what I was thinking.