Downfall: Trump edition

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Re: Downfall: Trump edition

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:18 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Sure.
Sweet, can throw a beer on there as well next time you're in Sanc.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:37 pm

I'm banned from there for trying to turn it into a bird sanctuary with 23 bird feeders.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:37 pm

Not really.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:41 pm

My mate was actually banned from Sanc for trying to steal a stone lion statue from the top floor.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:45 pm

Takes some doing getting banned from sanc.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:48 pm

I don't fit into the scene anymore sadly. Musically definitely but I always feel out of place in there now.
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:50 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:I don't fit into the scene anymore sadly. Musically definitely but I always feel out of place in there now.
I think it's got something to do with what you choose to wear.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:52 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:I don't fit into the scene anymore sadly. Musically definitely but I always feel out of place in there now.
Such a diverse array of people in there usually in my experience I'd have thought anyone would be reyt.

Went in Illuminati though on Saturday for the first time and thats one place i really did feel awkward and out of place. Like I just walked into a budget Essex.
This user liked this post: ClaretAndJew

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:52 pm

I usually have someone as a jockey too

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:54 pm

Town is dead anyway. It's an age thing but my mid to late twenties just opened my eyes to how pretentious and strange going out in town is.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:58 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Town is dead anyway. It's an age thing but my mid to late twenties just opened my eyes to how pretentious and strange going out in town is.
Yeah its seen better days, and certainly amongst the younger lot and the younger bars I'd agree its a pretentious scene. Your Sancs, downstairs smacks and a few other "older people" bars (25+) though I think are alright for a bit of a session with the lads. Drinks are cheap enough.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:01 am

Of course mate.

I went out last year with my mates work group and most of them were early 20s and everything was a game it was weird.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:46 am

Who wants to bet that Trump will block Comey from testifying next Thursday? You know, because he's completely innocent of everything.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t ... SKBN18T1WZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:08 pm

IMG_20170603_140607.jpg
IMG_20170603_140607.jpg (201.21 KiB) Viewed 3074 times

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:53 am

Trump is now personally under investigation for Obstruction of Justice. The poor mite.

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/143342/ ... estigation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

claretdom
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by claretdom » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 am

Since you started this thread has anything happened to him ?

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:56 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Trump is now personally under investigation for Obstruction of Justice. The poor mite.

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/143342/ ... estigation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oo something new for liberals to get excited, then swiftly disappointed about :D

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:13 am

claretdom wrote:Since you started this thread has anything happened to him ?
Do you know how long it takes to indict a president? It took years to get Nixon, and back then politics wasn't quite as toxic. Today though Trump's got both chambers of congress on his side, for now, running interference and slowing things down where they can. But it's slowly crumbling.

Did you expect him to be out of office by now if he had done something wrong?

I expect you'll be asking the question you asked right up until the day he's forced to resign, or is impeached. :lol:

claretdom

Post by claretdom » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:18 am

I asked because I didn't know if anything had or if any restrictions had been put on him. I thought you would be the best to ask due to your keen interest (obsession) in all things Trump.

If he is guilty of doing illegal things why wouldn't he be out of office ?

I probably won't be asking the question after he resigns or is impeached you are right there but then neither will I be giddy every time he is in the news. (choose any silly face and insert)

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:24 am

I have a keen interest in American politics, not Trump. If at times i come accross as disrespectful of your attitude it's because you continue to treat my perfectly healthy interest as an obsession in Trump. In fact, i could probably reasonably describe your interest in misrepresenting my interests as an obsession.
claretdom wrote: If he is guilty of doing illegal things why wouldn't he be out of office ?
There was a period of time after he was guilty of doing illegal things that Nixon remained in office. Do you know how? It's because it take time to prove these things.
neither will I be giddy every time he is in the news. (choose any silly face and insert)
Why should i treat you, or your questions, with any respect when this is how you treat my interest?

claretdom

Post by claretdom » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:26 am

thank you for part clearing things up for me.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:37 am

claretdom wrote:thank you for part clearing things up for me.
I don't even think this post is sincere.

If you were less of a **** all the time i'd be more than happy to explain things as I understand them. But with the way you frame your "curiosity" you don't present as someone that is interested in the facts of the story and are instead mroe interested in scoring internet points against someone you dislike.

claretdom

Post by claretdom » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:42 am

Just so you know it was sincere as you explained some part of it. I still don't get that if he is guilty or charged with or suspected of something why he is allowed to continue in such a high position even if it is a temporary suspension while cleared or found guilty. That is just me though, I don't get why any politician of any party, wing or group can't answer a question they are asked instead of starting any response with what another party as done.

That is why I never look too much into things in this country nevermind others, oh and I don't dislike you, even though you said I am a ****

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:46 am

claretdom wrote:Just so you know it was sincere as you explained some part of it.
Then accept my apologies.

Ask me questions without sniping and i'll treat your questions with respect.

claretdom

Post by claretdom » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:46 am

What you having for dinner

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:48 am

Spag Boll for me.

Kids had a barbacue for the sports day yesterday so last night meal was cancelled.

You?

claretdom

Post by claretdom » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:50 am

Spag bol ? I said dinner not tea

Chicken, bacon and mayo sarnie

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:55 am

Dinner and tea are the same

Now for lunch it will be ham, cheese and salad sandwich.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:59 am

claretdom wrote:I still don't get that if he is guilty or charged with or suspected of something why he is allowed to continue in such a high position even if it is a temporary suspension while cleared or found guilty. That is just me though, I don't get why any politician of any party, wing or group can't answer a question they are asked instead of starting any response with what another party as done.
Because he is sort of above the law in the sense that he can't be tried in court while he's the president. He can only be tried in the Senate through the impeachment process. And such a trial is political, not criminal. It's perfectly possible that Trump would wander around Times Square with an LMG mowing down protesters but if Senate don't vote to kick him out, or the VP and cabinet don't invoke the 25th amendment, he can remain president. The reverse is also true though, if Republicans had over 2/3 majority of the Senate they could have kicked Obama out for his Tanned Suit Scandal if they wanted to, or if they just fundamentally opposed his political agenda (they did, and they were talking about impeachment for the whole of his 8 years because they opposed it). So it's not neccessarily dependent on a crime being committed, but i don't think anyone worth listening to is suggesting kicking Trump out just because they don't like him. It's because everything he does screams guilt. His lies, his weak attempts at cover-ups, his firing of Preet Bharara and Comey because they were investigating his campaign or him personally. He's fundamentally corrupt, the investigations are merely attempts to prove it. But congress can still completely ignore the findings, should it wish to.

It's pretty difficult to remove a sitting US president legally, and it's particularly difficult to remove one with an armed angry following like Trump.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:07 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Because he is sort of above the law in the sense that he can't be tried in court while he's the president. He can only be tried in the Senate through the impeachment process. And such a trial is political, not criminal. It's perfectly possible that Trump would wander around Times Square with an LMG mowing down protesters but if Senate don't vote to kick him out, or the VP and cabinet don't invoke the 25th amendment, he can remain president. The reverse is also true though, if Republicans had over 2/3 majority of the Senate they could have kicked Obama out for his Tanned Suit Scandal if they wanted to, or if they just fundamentally opposed his political agenda (they did, and they were talking about impeachment for the whole of his 8 years because they opposed it). So it's not neccessarily dependent on a crime being committed, but i don't think anyone worth listening to is suggesting kicking Trump out just because they don't like him. It's because everything he does screams guilt. His lies, his weak attempts at cover-ups, his firing of Preet Bharara and Comey because they were investigating his campaign or him personally. He's fundamentally corrupt, the investigations are merely attempts to prove it. But congress can still completely ignore the findings, should it wish to.

It's pretty difficult to remove a sitting US president legally, and it's particularly difficult to remove one with an armed angry following like Trump.
Last I saw it wasn't trumps following that were destroying cities, looting shops and assaulting people when things didn't go their way; not to mention shooting politicians.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:15 am

To be fair to Trumps followers, they are only doing that on COD and against defenceless animals.

Putting the practice in for when president calls on his armed militia against the liberal elite.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:21 am

ClaretMoffitt wrote:Last I saw it wasn't trumps following that were destroying cities, looting shops and assaulting people when things didn't go their way; not to mention shooting politicians.
They're the ones calling for a civil war and stockpiling weapons in ordere to fight one. Have you seen twitter since yesterday morning?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:30 am

This is important.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-operat ... 1498770851" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wall Street Journal wrote:WASHINGTON—Before the 2016 presidential election, a longtime Republican opposition researcher mounted an independent campaign to obtain emails he believed were stolen from Hillary Clinton’s private server, likely by Russian hackers.
In conversations with members of his circle and with others he tried to recruit to help him, the GOP operative, Peter W. Smith, implied he was working with retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, at the time a senior adviser to then-candidate Donald Trump.
“He said, ‘I’m talking to Michael Flynn about this—if you find anything, can you let me know?’” said Eric York, a computer-security expert from Atlanta who searched hacker forums on Mr. Smith’s behalf for people who might have access to the emails.
Emails written by Mr. Smith and one of his associates show that his small group considered Mr. Flynn and his consulting company, Flynn Intel Group, to be allies in their quest.
What role, if any, Mr. Flynn may have played in Mr. Smith’s project is unclear. In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Mr. Smith said he knew Mr. Flynn, but he never stated that Mr. Flynn was involved.
Mr. Flynn didn’t respond to requests for comment.
A Trump campaign official said that Mr. Smith didn’t work for the campaign, and that if Mr. Flynn coordinated with him in any way, it would have been in his capacity as a private individual. The White House declined to comment.
Special Counsel Robert Mueller is investigating Russian attempts to sway the U.S. election and whether there was collusion between Russians and the Trump campaign. President Trump has denied any collusion and called the investigation a “witch hunt.” The Russian government has denied it interfered in the election.
Mr. Smith died at age 81 on May 14, which was about 10 days after the Journal interviewed him. His account of the email search is believed to be his only public comment on it.
The operation Mr. Smith described is consistent with information that has been examined by U.S. investigators probing Russian interference in the elections.
Those investigators have examined reports from intelligence agencies that describe Russian hackers discussing how to obtain emails from Mrs. Clinton’s server and then transmit them to Mr. Flynn via an intermediary, according to U.S. officials with knowledge of the intelligence.

It isn’t clear who that intermediary might have been or whether Mr. Smith’s operation was the one allegedly under discussion by the Russian hackers. The reports were compiled during the same period when Mr. Smith’s group was operating, according to the officials.
Mr. Smith said he worked independently and wasn’t part of the Trump campaign.
His project began over Labor Day weekend 2016 when Mr. Smith, a private-equity executive from Chicago active in Republican politics, said he assembled a group of technology experts, lawyers and a Russian-speaking investigator based in Europe to acquire emails the group theorized might have been stolen from the private server Mrs. Clinton used as secretary of state.
Mr. Smith’s focus was some 33,000 emails Mrs. Clinton said were deleted because they were deemed personal. Mr. Smith said he believed that the emails might have been obtained by hackers and that they actually concerned official matters Mrs. Clinton wanted to conceal—two notions for which he offered no evidence. Mrs. Clinton gave the State Department tens of thousands of emails related to official business.
Former Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey said in July 2016 there was no evidence the private server had been hacked but held out the possibility it could have been.
In the interview with the Journal, Mr. Smith said he and his colleagues found five groups of hackers who claimed to possess Mrs. Clinton’s deleted emails, including two groups he determined were Russians.
“We knew the people who had these were probably around the Russian government,” Mr. Smith said.
U.S. intelligence agencies have accused the Russians of stealing emails from the Democratic National Committee and Mrs. Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, and providing them to WikiLeaks last summer as part of a multifaceted operation to interfere with the election and help Mr. Trump’s campaign. Mr. Trump on July 27 publicly encouraged Russia to go further and find the Clinton “emails that are missing.” Asked about that on Monday, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Mr. Trump was joking.
Mr. Smith said after vetting batches of emails offered to him by hacker groups last fall, he couldn’t be sure enough of their authenticity to leak them himself. “We told all the groups to give them to WikiLeaks,” he said. WikiLeaks has never published those emails or claimed to have them.
Mr. Smith and one of his associates said they had a line of communication with Mr. Flynn and his consulting company.
In one Smith email reviewed by the Journal, intended to entice outside experts to join his work, he offered to make introductions to Mr. Flynn’s son, Michael G. Flynn, who worked as chief of staff in his father’s company. Mr. Smith’s email mentioned the son among a small number of other people he said were helping.
Michael G. Flynn didn’t respond to a request for comment.
In another recruiting email seen by the Journal, Jonathan Safron, a law student Mr. Smith described as a close colleague, included links to the websites and LinkedIn profiles of people purportedly working with the Smith team. At the top of the list was the name and website of Flynn Intel, which Mr. Flynn set up after his 2014 firing as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.
Mr. Safron declined to comment on his email or Mr. Smith’s project.
In phone conversations, Mr. Smith told a computer expert he was in direct contact with Mr. Flynn and his son, according to this expert. The person said an anti-Clinton research document prepared by Mr. Smith’s group identified the younger Mr. Flynn as someone associated with the effort. The expert said that based on his conversations with Mr. Smith, he understood the elder Mr. Flynn to be coordinating with Mr. Smith’s group in his capacity as a Trump campaign adviser.
The senior Mr. Flynn was fired as national-security adviser in February after misleading administration officials about his conversations with the Russian ambassador concerning sanctions. Those conversations put Mr. Flynn under scrutiny by the FBI and then the special counsel, according to U.S. officials.
Mr. Smith said in the interview he supported Mr. Flynn’s efforts during the presidential transition to establish relations with Russian officials.
Mr. Smith said he didn’t intend to pay for any emails found by hackers.
He said he understood the risk in publishing the emails himself. If, under public scrutiny, they proved not to be genuine, “people would say we made them up,” he said, and the whole project would be dismissed as a Republican hit job on the Clinton campaign. In the early 1990s, Mr. Smith helped publicize Arkansas state troopers’ claims that then-Gov. Bill Clinton had enlisted them to arrange trysts with women, an unproven allegation denied by the Clinton White House.
Mr. Smith’s views on Russian hacking were complex. While he said he believed Russians were likely among those who tried to steal Mrs. Clinton’s emails, he dismissed intelligence agencies’ conclusion that Russia’s government meddled in the election to discredit Mrs. Clinton and to help Mr. Trump.
Mr. Smith was himself once a hacking victim. Emails he wrote about the 2015 contest to fill former House Speaker John Boehner’s seat were stolen from the Illinois Republican Party and then made public, in a campaign U.S. intelligence officials attributed to Russian actors. Mr. Smith didn’t dispute that Russia might have been to blame. He said he was unconcerned about his messages being exposed.

This would begin to explain why the conservative talking points switched about a week ago to "collusion isn't illegal".

"Russia, if you're listening, i hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing." - Candidate Fuckface Von Clownstick, July 27, 2016.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/vid ... hack-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

morpheus2
Been Liked: 762 times
Has Liked: 1855 times

Post by morpheus2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:11 pm

levraiclaret wrote:I bet you watch Real Time with Bill Maher, if you don't you should.
Love Bill Maher, he's my kind of Liberal.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:47 pm

He's a more classical liberal who thinks we shouldn't have things like space programs until we've eradicated poverty. He also has questionable opinions on vaccinations. I don't know if he's an anti-vaxxer, i don't think he is, but he does think the Flu vaccine is bullshit. I do like his show though.

Anyway, Another day and another Trump ****-up. This time he's tacitly admitted to blackmailing two journalists.

Previously, on America: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6CsWVaOSOg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the lazy: The two journalists allege Trump threatened them with a negative tabloid article unless one of the called the White House to apologise for their coverage of him. The tabloid in question followed the reporters and harrassed the teenage children of one of them to pursue this story. And Trump's first tweet about it doesn't deny it, infact it corroborates some of it; that he had could have stopped the tabloid run the story.

It's a pretty blatant abuse of office and would be an impeachable offence were it any other president, but i'm willing the bet the Republican-controlled congress won't even investigate it.

morpheus2

Post by morpheus2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:15 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:He's a more classical liberal who thinks we shouldn't have things like space programs until we've eradicated poverty. He also has questionable opinions on vaccinations.

I confess I don't know too much about many of his views, it's his hair that I love.
But also he's not afraid to say what he thinks on the subject of You Know What
The show with the Islamic scholar and flying rodent Ben "it's gross, it's racist" Affleck and high school drop-out Sam Harris was quite interesting.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:31 pm

morpheus2 wrote:I confess I don't know too much about many of his views, it's his hair that I love.
But also he's not afraid to say what he thinks on the subject of You Know What
The show with the Islamic scholar and flying rodent Ben "it's gross, it's racist" Affleck and high school drop-out Sam Harris was quite interesting.
Here's probably his best work this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1r9_tgRgRk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had to laugh at all the right-wing snowflakes a few weeks ago calling for his show to be cancelled because he used the word "nigger" in a joke (an admittedly **** joke). These being the same people who called for Colbert's firing because he referred to Trump's mouth as Putin's cockholster. These people the same people who hate, absolutely hate political correctness and elected Donald Trump to prove it.

morpheus2

Post by morpheus2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:04 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Here's probably his best work this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1r9_tgRgRk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fantastic clip all the way through.
Self loathing Liberals really are comedy gold - Chris Hemsworth "oh for F*** sake, you're Thor, grow a pair".

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:01 am

Rachel Maddow has just driven a dagger through the heart of an effort to destroy the Trump/Russia story with discreditable, "carefully-forged" documents.
Washington Post reported similar attempts to trick the media into reporting falsehoods in the past, and CNN might have fallen victim of such efforts in the story they recently had to retract. But this time a document was sent to Rachel Maddow at MSNBC which, if legitimate, would apparently be the smoking gun of all smoking guns that the Trump campaign colluded. But because Maddow and her team is actually good at their jobs they were able to spot that it was a forgery.

A forged document purporting to be from a classified source would have no effect on any official investigation beyond the descovery that it's a forgery so you have to wonder, why is someone trying to trick the media into reporting forged documents as if they're smoking guns?

This has happened before. During the 2004 election campaign George Bush was facing an candidacy-killing scandal over his National Guard record. CBS News's Dan Rather received documents that appeared to confirm how **** a Guardsman Bush was. CBS ran a 60 Minutes report on the back of these documents, which later turned out to be forged. This ended Dan Rather's career. It also ended any further media scrutiny of George Bush's military record which probably saved his campaign for re-election.

Ever since Washington Post reported that "the fake news was coming from the White House" i've been confident that this is what Trump, or people with an interest in keeping him in power, have been trying to replicate but for the Trump/Russia story, and to validate Trump's assertion that it's all a massive witch-hunt.

Watch this space.

Edit: Here's the segment http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watc ... 5491523709" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:01 pm

the "failing" New York Times, with 5 sources, are reporting that Trump's son, along with Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner, met with a "Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer" promising damaging info on Clinton.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/us/p ... afort.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LongsideFacingUp
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by LongsideFacingUp » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:29 pm

LOL. Russia still.

#FakeNews

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:37 pm

LongsideFacingUp wrote:LOL. Russia still.

#FakeNews

What evidence do you have that this is fake news? For this to be fake new then NYT has to be fabricating sources, what evidence do you have that they are doing that?

You keep screaming "fake news" everytime a news organisation advances the story yet have no evidence to support such claims. You're just hoping that they got something wrong and have to retract.

Does it even matter to you that the White House is actually deliberately lying to the media to try and trick them into printing their lies in order to debunk them? I suspect i already know the answer but i'd like your answer anyway.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:16 am

LongsideFacingUp wrote:LOL. Russia still.

#FakeNews

So the meeting did happen. So much for your "fake news" narrative. Funny how often your cries of "fake news" keep getting debunked. It's almost as if it's an entirely reflex reaction from someone who desperately doesn't want to know the truth.

Edit to add: Here are just a few of the questions that the Meuller investigation will be trying to answer.

Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

LongsideFacingUp
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by LongsideFacingUp » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:24 am

200w (1).gif
200w (1).gif (1.11 MiB) Viewed 2591 times
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:29 am

I'm finding it all funny too, but i'm not sure for the same reasons as you.

Trump Jr. has already lied about this story, so you've got to question how much of his most recent statement is false too. I mean can you really imagine such senior figures in a presidential campaign as Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner agreeing to a meeting with someone they know absolutely nothing about, and on a subject they have not been informed of? No way on this Earth do they agree to such a meeting.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:32 am

Donald Trump Jr. has hired a lawyer, which means the idiot admitted to attending a meeting with Kremlin-linked Russian lawyer for the purpose of acquiring information to benefit the Trump campaign for the presidency without even seeking legal advice first. How stupid can one person be?

And get this, he was told the damaging Clinton information came from the Russian government in an email from the man who arranged the meeting, Rog Goldstone. :lol: So that means Kushner and Manafort both also almost certainly knew where this purported damaging info is suppose to be coming from, why else would they attend such a meeting?
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/us/p ... v=top-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But sure, there's nothing to see here. It's all "fake news", right, Moffitt? Right, Morpheus? Right, Longside? Right MK? :lol:

And remember, this is only what the press are finding out. If they're finding out things like this, just imagine what the Meuller investigation, with its reach and powers to compel disclosure is finding out. We've not heard a peep from it as yet but the team of lawyers working on it is being called an "all-star" legal team. But "nothing to see here, move along" :lol:
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Cajun
Been Liked: 243 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Cajun » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:47 am

And Jr's revelation, about which he has now come up with 2 versions of, also adds yet another meeting that Kushner and Manfort somehow forgot to mention on their security clearance forms. Add this to the confession by (now deceased) former GOP operative Peter Smith that he was to act as a conduit between Russian hackers and Gen Flynn if they were able to obtain any emails damaging to Hillary Clinton, and the direct evidence of collusion is now starting to come into focus.
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:39 pm

Donald Trump Jr defence plan is making the Death Stars look good

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:09 pm

John Oliver was right to call this 'Stupid Watergate'

This set of chancers really are as thick as mince.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:29 pm

Friendly reminder that the Mueller hasn't said a word publicly about his investigation. Imagine what his team have by now if the press has this much.
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.