Ok as things stand right now - How will you vote?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dsr
Been Liked: 4569 times
Has Liked: 2259 times

Re: Ok as things stand right now - How will you vote?

Post by dsr » Thu May 25, 2017 5:02 pm

UpTheBeehole wrote:You always talk about these good schools that Labour closed dsr.

Please could you provide a list?
Grammar schools, essentially. But direct grant schools were squeezed as well.

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Fri May 26, 2017 9:54 am

dsr wrote:Grammar schools, essentially. But direct grant schools were squeezed as well.
Please provide a list

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Fri May 26, 2017 9:56 am

UpTheBeehole wrote:Please provide a list
As in a list showing each and every individual school?
Good luck finding one of those.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... years.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri May 26, 2017 9:57 am

Why do you want a list of former grammar schools?

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Fri May 26, 2017 9:59 am

I want a list of all these good schools which Labour closed. All the grammar schools around me are the exact same ones which were open when I was at school 20+ years ago, so I'm just unaware of which good schools were closed by Labour.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Fri May 26, 2017 10:00 am

Sidney1st wrote:As in a list showing each and every individual school?
Good luck finding one of those.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... years.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They're rural primary schools. dsr is talking about secondary education as far as I'm aware.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Fri May 26, 2017 10:03 am

Basically at the minute it sounds as though you've got an idea in your head that loads of good schools were forcibly closed by Labour, but I can't really find any real evidence or many examples.

As you're the expert on this, and you bring it up on almost every political thread, you're evidently the person to ask on this dsr.

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri May 26, 2017 12:21 pm

The ones I know of in the Pendle constituency are Colne Grammar School and Nelson Grammar School. Will that do for starters? There are 649 other constituencies, most of which have similar examples.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Sun May 28, 2017 1:17 am

Last edited by If it be your will on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 777 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Sun May 28, 2017 1:19 am

Who would not vote for the labour manifesto, very Cleverley he is offering Christmas over the next 5 years. But it will bankrupt us. In Burnley terms its betting the ranch.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2216 times
Has Liked: 2204 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sun May 28, 2017 3:06 am

Labour.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun May 28, 2017 3:09 am

If it be your will wrote:Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but you're not seriously going to vote Tory, are you? It's just that considering everything you've said over the last 2 years about your circumstances and everything, and your interpretation of what is happening all around us, I really can't fathom how on earth you have arrived at the conclusion that Tory rule is in your best interest. I'm almost begging you here, ClaretMoffitt: please, just have another look at it all from a fresh start. And if you still want to vote Tory then (sigh) fine, I'll leave you be.
CM has fallen to the alt-right meme machine. I can't understand why either. He used to be a liberal.

Dazzler
Been Liked: 875 times
Has Liked: 2332 times

Post by Dazzler » Sun May 28, 2017 3:17 am

RMutt wrote:As it stands now Labour. As it stood before Labour. As it will stand in the future Labour. The Tories exist for one reason, to look after the interests of the rich at the expense of the poor.
Are you poor ?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun May 28, 2017 3:20 am

Dazzler wrote:Are you poor ?
Bit personal, isn't it?

Dazzler
Been Liked: 875 times
Has Liked: 2332 times

Post by Dazzler » Sun May 28, 2017 3:45 am

On reflection i shall concede It was a bad call...especially after consuming 2 bottles of very expensive red wine.
8-)

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun May 28, 2017 4:20 am

Wine was a good call though so you're balanced.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1354 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Sun May 28, 2017 7:30 am

Posted my ballot a few days ago, and honestly, it was the easiest decision I've ever made in an election.

Labour.

Claret&Green
Been Liked: 53 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Claret&Green » Sun May 28, 2017 8:49 am

I won't vote until a party comes out and says that they will stop paying benefits to lazy arsed scumbags who'd churn out babies they can only afford to look after coz of the outdated benefit system. Encourage hard workers not scallys

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Sun May 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:CM has fallen to the alt-right meme machine. I can't understand why either. He used to be a liberal.
I hold many Liberal values, I hold many Conservative values, I hold values all across the spectrum dependant on the issue in question. All formed from my own personal experiences and perspectives.

And IBYW, I don't support the tories, I don't even like them. But im am realistic, i recognise that a labour government will not fight against the extremism we find intoxicating our communities, I recognise that having dianne abbot as a home secretary is not just inept, but it's actually dangerous. I know that the people who will suffer the most when a Marxist Chancellor has his way with the budget of this country will be people like myself.

Say it to yourself.

Dianne abbot, Home Secretary of the United Kingdom.

It's a ******* death wish.

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Sun May 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Work and business is where we derive our income which we use to pay our way, whether it be you personally or the government. First and foremost we have to encourage business to invest in the UK and create jobs because without it, we all would be worse off. Conservatives are the business orientated party and also allow the individual to make the choice of what to do with their income. Labour like to tax everybody to the max and decide for you how your money is going to be spent. More often increasing welfare and benefits rather than infrastructure and wealth creating investment.
I always seem better off in terms of work opportunities and the chance to progress in life under the Tories than Labour.
My ideal would be a conservattive/lib dem coalition again, seemed to be a great balance between business and social needs of this country and its people.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1354 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Sun May 28, 2017 1:00 pm

No Ney Never wrote:Conservatives are the business orientated party
I think it's time to put that fallacy to bed.

The Conservative party is hell-bent on causing a serious amount of damage to our economy by pursuing a ludicrous hard Brexit at any cost. Their irresponsible actions will damage thousands of businesses.

It's funny, because a lot of people who are terrified of Corbyn scaring away big businesses with his tax plans, are the same people who are in favour of isolating ourselves from our biggest trading partner, which actually will lead to the relocation of many businesses and jobs to the Continent.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Sun May 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Last edited by If it be your will on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun May 28, 2017 1:26 pm

dsr wrote:Grammar schools, essentially. But direct grant schools were squeezed as well.
In favour of real people's schools you mean?

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Sun May 28, 2017 1:42 pm

If it be your will wrote:Ok ClaretMoffitt, if it be your will. I won't try again.
What I think this country needs more than anything is a real, authentic, working class party. One that takes the best from each ideals of both liberalism and conservatism to fit what the bulk of British people want their society to look like. One of patriotism, but also pragmatism, with politicians who mostly comprise of been there and done its, not public school educated, smooth talking islingdon professional protesters. People who got into politics becuase they want to make a change to their communities and their country, not to their bank accounts and their personal profiles.

Way I see it, Labour like to brand themselves as the former, but in reality look a lot more like the latter. Worse than that though, I feel they have begun to resent and look down upon the very people who they used to represent and still claim to represent.

This country is crying out for something new, because neither of these two parties, nor the Greens/UKIP/Dems are offering those things. Theres a huge gap in the political market. I thought UKIP could possibly fill it if they got the right leader, a Stephen Wolfe perhaps, but instead they went with that dishonest moron Nuttall and have totally alienated their voting base.

I was passionate Brexit, I still am. I believe strongly leaving the EU will be good for us as a nation. So for now, my vote is going solely on who I think will deliver that as close as possible to what I wanted last June. That is the Tories from what I see, once that is taken care of. I will look elsewhere, and I hope dearly there is something better on the table at that point than there is now.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Sun May 28, 2017 1:42 pm

If it be your will wrote:Ok ClaretMoffitt, if it be your will. I won't try again.
What I think this country needs more than anything is a real, authentic, working class party. One that takes the best from each ideals of both liberalism and conservatism to fit what the bulk of British people want their society to look like. One of patriotism, but also pragmatism, with politicians who mostly comprise of been there and done its, not public school educated, smooth talking islingdon professional protesters and idealists. People who got into politics becuase they want to make a change to their communities and their country, not to their bank accounts and their personal profiles.

Way I see it, Labour like to brand themselves as the former, but in reality look a lot more like the latter. Worse than that though, I feel they have begun to resent and look down upon the very people who they used to represent and still claim to represent.

This country is crying out for something new, because neither of these two parties, nor the Greens/UKIP/Dems are offering those things. Theres a huge gap in the political market. I thought UKIP could possibly fill it if they got the right leader, a Stephen Wolfe perhaps, but instead they went with that dishonest moron Nuttall and have totally alienated their voting base.

I was passionate Brexit, I still am. I believe strongly leaving the EU will be good for us as a nation. So for now, my vote is going solely on who I think will deliver that as close as possible to what I wanted last June. That is the Tories from what I see, once that is taken care of. I will look elsewhere, and I hope dearly there is something better on the table at that point than there is now.
Last edited by ClaretMoffitt on Sun May 28, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This user liked this post: CrosspoolClarets

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun May 28, 2017 2:04 pm

IanMcL wrote:In favour of real people's schools you mean?
That has to be one of the more bigoted comments on this board. You don't mean it, surely? Can you stand outside a grammar school (there are still some left) and say that the children there aren't "real"? What are they, if they aren't people?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun May 28, 2017 2:06 pm

dsr wrote:That has to be one of the more bigoted comments on this board. You don't mean it, surely? Can you stand outside a grammar school (there are still some left) and say that the children there aren't "real"? What are they, if they aren't people?
Is that ******* Geppetto posting his racist **** again?

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sun May 28, 2017 2:56 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote:I think it's time to put that fallacy to bed.

The Conservative party is hell-bent on causing a serious amount of damage to our economy by pursuing a ludicrous hard Brexit at any cost. Their irresponsible actions will damage thousands of businesses.

It's funny, because a lot of people who are terrified of Corbyn scaring away big businesses with his tax plans, are the same people who are in favour of isolating ourselves from our biggest trading partner, which actually will lead to the relocation of many businesses and jobs to the Continent.
Why did the pound tank on the day of the Labour 5 points behind poll ? what is business scared of a Labour government for ?

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sun May 28, 2017 3:06 pm

26% corporation tax and all those rich folk having to pay a smidgen more.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sun May 28, 2017 3:07 pm

The foxes aren't able to support the pound either.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Sun May 28, 2017 4:09 pm

claretandy wrote:Why did the pound tank on the day of the Labour 5 points behind poll ? what is business scared of a Labour government for ?
It would actually be quite funny to watch all the same people who were kicking and screaming about the pound losing value after brexit suddenly playing down how much of an issue is should Labour win.

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Sun May 28, 2017 4:17 pm

If I am lucky and Labour win My Euro's will be worth hell of a lot more against the pound and after Labour have finished taking all the money off the rich business folk and they have all left the country and moved to Europe on Irish passports who is going to be left to cost the Labour Revolution Dianne Abbott? :D

PS. I never vote, would not trust one last person who wants to become an MP or TD Ireland.

No Ney Never

Post by No Ney Never » Sun May 28, 2017 4:54 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote:I think it's time to put that fallacy to bed.

I wouldn't say you've put much to bed with that post. After reading the first line, I was expecting a follow up of factual information that would give me cause to rethink my view about the Tories. Instead, you've simply gone on a rant.

No Ney Never

Post by No Ney Never » Sun May 28, 2017 5:28 pm

I'm absolutely delighted at pound sterlings loss of value. Being in manufacturing and exporting 90% of our product has us in a position where we are struggling to meet demand. I've never made so much money.
Imports are becoming more expensive which also makes British made goods and products more competitive in the domestic market. Our farmers are the type to benefit from this kind of thing, about time too.
Let's export more, buy more British made product, reduce the trade deficit and create more jobs here in this country.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Mon May 29, 2017 1:20 pm

'Let's export more, buy more British made product, reduce the trade deficit and create more jobs here in this country'

Agree except that the pound being worth 50p means that we are paying through the nose for raw materials and end up marooned on our isolated island, because we can't afford to go anywhere else, owing to the exchange rate!