Dyche ------->Palace

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Re: Dyche ------->Palace

Post by South West Claret. » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:54 am

Ask yourself this if you were Sean Dyche and had had the experience that he did at Watford with Foreign owners.. would you really really give it more then 5 seconds to think about?

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:56 am

Firthy wrote:The bookies are clueless and just reacting to each other and one made up article that is being rehashed on numerous football websites. Read this article , it might stop you worrying too much.

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/odds ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Read this more up to date article

http://m.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/burnle ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by Firthy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:06 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:Read this more up to date article

http://m.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/burnle ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's another rehashed story from an article last week and changed to add the Independent story. The opening paragraph is the same as the previous story. It is all pure speculation at present and IMO the press haven't a clue what's going on.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:08 am

Firthy wrote:That's another rehashed story from an article last week and changed to add the Independent story. The opening paragraph is the same as the previous story. It is all pure speculation at present and IMO none of the press haven't a clue what's going on.
Perhaps.

But your link was also a rehashed story of interest about Monk and Pellegrino.

Neither put the mind at ease.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:13 am

this is either a wild and speculative rumour that the scurrilous journalists have enhanced, or he has shown interest and he is keen to leave.
If he has, then he'll get it looking at the other candidates mentioned.
Wouldn't want him about the place if he expressed interest, and Palace decided otherwise.
Hopefully it is just more silly paper talk. There does tend to be a lot of nonsense once the season ends about who's going where and why.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by Firthy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:16 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:Perhaps.

But your link was also a rehashed story of interest about Monk and Pellegrino.

Neither put the mind at ease.
My point that it's all guesswork and speculation at present and that you can link to various stories.
This user liked this post: ClaretAndJew

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 980 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:19 am

If Sean Dyche is so scarred by the Watford experience and Foreign Owners his options of moving onwards and upwards in the Premier League will be extremely limited.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:24 am

he knows if he moves anywhere else, the control of the club will be very corporate and ruthless.
won't be as cosy as Burnley.Here at least he is the main man and rightly so. also, london is a filthy sewer of a place, who'd want to live there ??

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:28 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:he knows if he moves anywhere else, the control of the club will be very corporate and ruthless.
won't be as cosy as Burnley.Here at least he is the main man and rightly so. also, london is a filthy sewer of a place, who'd want to live there ??
Palace are looking for someone to provide them with stability and build the club, Dyche has shown he can do that here. It's a long term project for their owners, again, Dyche fits that M.O.

In terms of the state of London? It's about the same argument as people who suggest players won't move to Burnley F.C because why would they wanna live here etc.

He's settled in Northampton, he'll still live there.

dushanbe
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by dushanbe » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:35 am

The world is full of unemployed managers that have jumped ship to greener pastures after a successful spell at one club. He came to Burnley with very little expectation and as a result was given time, even when we were appalling whilst he implemented his methods. Anyone can see that despite what the Palace chairman is supposed to have said about building long term, if Palace found themselves in the bottom 4 or 5 come November, the pressure to get shut would be immense.

Ultimately, its a very well paid job he's got at Burnley and he's managing at a level that only 18 people can. Ambition is admirable but, I'd tread carefully if I was Dyche.
This user liked this post: Chip Harrison

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:38 am

I am worried that this could be happening! If he goes now he has the whole pre-season to prepare - he knows that he can leave with a clear conscious as he has left us in great shape compared to when he arrived, he will inherit a team with better talented players than ours, and he knows that it will be a struggle for us to stay up another year, and lets face it a load of Burnley fans have been whinging and complaining about him and I suspect that does wrankle him, I for one think the guy has worked miracles for us. Does he also take the whole staff like Coyle did?

I hope it doesn't happen but it looks pretty bleak right now for us.

UTC

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:45 am

I'm relaxing to this idea now.
IF SD does want to move on after nearly 5 superb years with us, he's earned his chance to do so.
Let's face it he's hinted at it, he's always talked very 'straight' on his future, and if the £1m release cause is true (presumably on his insistence), then that's with a design to respond to this exact type of opportunity.
Whether he's the right fit for Palace is neither here nor there, the picture that does seem to be emerging though is that he's up for a new challenge. While he might not have quite 'established' Burnley as a PL club, he's reached a new high for the club by surviving a season in there. And with a shiny new training ground, what a legacy? You could argue that he wouldn't want to sour that legacy, so a move now could be the right time for him.
It might also be the right time for a successor with some new ideas, and different contacts, to build a new team on the solid spine established by Dyche & co. One thing I hope we do insist upon if palace do swoop, is that they can't come in for any of our players this summer.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:50 am

i dont think he will be even remotely bothered by any criticism from fans, cliche though it is, it does go with the territory.
Wenger being a prime case, no club anywhere is immune from a bit of flak directed towards the manager now and again. Dushanbe above, made a fair point about how teams like palace would not hesitate to get shut if the plan was even slightly of kilter . If he succeeds short term all well and good for him, if not then its so easy to end up on your backside and becoming yet another manager sacked story.

IndigoLake
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by IndigoLake » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:50 am

If he is going then I hope he gets on with it so we can get someone else in!

Seriously though, he's probably not going anywhere.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:51 am

If were Dyche, and I had been approached to see if I were interested in the Palace job, I'd at least want to explore it further - apart from anything else to strengthen my own hand in internal negotiations at Burnley around budgets, etc. Every manager does it, as indeed do many of us in our own day jobs given the chance.

Dyche comes across as a pretty straight guy, but he's not stupid and he'll know a chance to strengthen his current position when he sees one - and he'll use it.

So - if he's shown a level of receptiveness to Palace, it doesn't surprise me in the least and it certainly doesn't mean in itself that he will end up choosing Palace over Burnley.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 am

cant see it being like that claretspice, i assume given his rapport with the board here, his position would be very secure. they are keenly aware of his would be suitors , and would have had the foresight to smooth things along for his benefit already. It wont have come as a shock that there would be interest. I doubt he would have to be playing poker with Burnley to strengthen his position at the Turf.

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 am

As lambert did with us when Norwich manager.
I'm not sure it will come down to Dyche's personal wealth out of a contract with either Burnley or palace. It will go come down to flexibility in the transfer market and squad budget. A 5 yr contract for Zaha at £120k a week suggests we're way behind in that regard.

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:04 am

I think i'm right in thinking SD was very heavily linked with a move to Sunderland a few years ago before Dick Advocaat had a change of heart. Would he have made a difference if he'd gone? Difficult to tell, but Sunderland do seem a club in turmoil and it's been building for a while. Just reading this morning that Crystal Palace have around the 20th highest wage bill in European football. Perhaps Parish wants a team that lives up to that sort of outlay. Don't know whether SD is interested or not, but it appears to be the modern way of starting unquoted rumours in the media and from there the momentum grows. All I do know is this type of speculation is likely to have a detrimental affect on our recruitment campaign before the new season.

dsr
Been Liked: 4577 times
Has Liked: 2268 times

Post by dsr » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:16 am

One near certainty - if Palace are in the bottom three at Christmas, and don't very quickly improve in early January, the manager will be sacked.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:30 am

it wont have any effect on our ability to recruit, the papers and other outlets re awash with this sort of stuff every day of the week, all in the game understand that.
Unfortunately if it were to be true, then it shows how precarious it can be for a club like ours. Our season finished well, not quite the knife edge, but near enough. If we have planned and put something soilid in place with new facilities and correct preperation it could all be lost in the blink of an eye.
Stability is vital , more so when we clearly have a manager that knows how it all fits together. I might have been naive in thinking it was a long campaign here for Dyche, bit of empire building and all that.
If he went, then it is a horrendous challenge ahead trying to find a replacement, more so if the same daft situation applies ad infinitum.
Next one either works out and we have to fight off interested parties in two seasons etcetera. It could all go **** up quite easily.

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Re: The Rumour That Won't Go Away

Post by kaptin1 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:46 am

Could very well be Dyche's Owen Coyle moment if he goes to Palace.

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:47 am

A bit like a smelly wet fart.

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:52 am

BetVictor, Owen Coyle 25/1 to become the next Palace manager, Please God let this come true.

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:08 am

kaptin1 wrote:Could very well be Dyche's Owen Coyle moment if he goes to Palace.
How? If fans haven't learnt to deal with a manager leaving by now they never will.
Benteke or Barnes? Brady or Zaha? You get my point.
The only questions would be for Dyche to know if he has the same start he had at Burnley, would he keep his job at this level?

Holmeclaret
Been Liked: 201 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by Holmeclaret » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:12 am

It would be harsh to class it as an Owen Coyle moment. He's had 5 years at the helm and hasworked absolute wonders. He's been realistic about transfers and signings, ploughing money back into the club instead of frittering away. You can't question his loyalty.

Coyle left mid season for a local rival at time when stability was crucial.

And it's all just rumour at this stage.

brexit
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:36 am

He's gone we are just waiting for Monk to agree terms. This will be after agnew is confirmed at Boro. Should be around about tues I think.
Oh and defour is going with him.

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:59 pm

Just rumours-probably a smokescreen from Palace then they can get on with another deal in relative quiet

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:02 pm

cl40 wrote:I've said all along if Palace want Dyche he's gone.
No....

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:13 pm

brexit wrote:He's gone we are just waiting for Monk to agree terms. This will be after agnew is confirmed at Boro. Should be around about tues I think.
Oh and defour is going with him.
Oh the sheer confidence in this statement with 0 evidence to back it up.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3806 times

Post by JohnMac » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:18 pm

SD was on the train to London last night, according to 2 text messages I received just after 9pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:20 pm

He's been spotted in London a couple of times has Dyche. Some pics of him on Twitter down there.

bumba
Been Liked: 682 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:23 pm

We could get a couple of swap deals done for a couple of there creative players because he will want Boyd an arfield there.
On a serious note I can't see him lasting a season at palace his style wouldn't go down well there an he hasn't proven yet that he'd capable of anything other than the direct style we play

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:29 pm

London not Croydon!

northernpowerhouse
Been Liked: 87 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by northernpowerhouse » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:35 pm

I wouldn't blame him for leaving. He could work wonders with the likes of Benteke, Zaha, Townsend, Cabaye etc. And even if things went tits up he could still have his pick of any top Championship job.

But if it's going to happen it needs to get sorted quickly because Garry Monk's still available.

Woody9229
Been Liked: 65 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Woody9229 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:59 pm

I know the next manager market is a bit of a lottery in terms of indications of who or isn't going in to a job but the bookies think he is going to Palace! Thanks Sam if this happens. Yet another reason to hate you. Not making assumptions as the market is not closed but not sure about Gary Monk. Not great under pressure for me.
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/fo ... nt-manager" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Woody9229 wrote:I know the next manager market is a bit of a lottery in terms of indications of who or isn't going in to a job but the bookies think he is going to Palace! Thanks Sam if this happens. Yet another reason to hate you. Not making assumptions as the market is not closed but not sure about Gary Monk. Not great under pressure for me.
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/fo ... nt-manager" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Most of them have their odds at evens or just shorter, which means they think it's about just as likely he goes to Palace as he doesn't.

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1571 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:27 pm

Think its time for a short statement from Dyche before things get out of hand. I personally wouldn't think there is anything in this and all the reports seem devoid of any actual facts, but I'd think knock it on the head if there's nothing in it.

I'd have Garry Monk if the worst came to the worst or the chap at Fulham.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3803 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:38 pm

That big juicy signing on fee must tempt him

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Holtyclaret wrote:Think its time for a short statement from Dyche before things get out of hand. I personally wouldn't think there is anything in this and all the reports seem devoid of any actual facts, but I'd think knock it on the head if there's nothing in it.

I'd have Garry Monk if the worst came to the worst or the chap at Fulham.
What exactly has got out of hand? It's hardly headline news is it?

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1571 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:44 pm

I said before things get out of hand. There's an increasing amount of reports, now on a daily basis, all probably unfounded. If there's nothing in it, say so. That is all.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:53 pm

Look, he is going to go at some stage. If he is going to go, then at least we have a decent amount of time to find a successor

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:07 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Look, he is going to go at some stage. If he is going to go, then at least we have a decent amount of time to find a successor

On a personal level it's perfect timing for him as well.

Not sure Zaha would like pushing a tractor tyre about in pre season training though.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Look, he is going to go at some stage. If he is going to go, then at least we have a decent amount of time to find a successor
Brian Laws?

mkmel
Been Liked: 1271 times
Has Liked: 2250 times

Post by mkmel » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:19 pm

If he goes I would thank him for everything he has done for our Club and wish him well.

And it would not be anything like when Coyle left us right in the shite a few years back like was suggested in an earlier post.
This user liked this post: DCWat

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:30 pm

Personally I don't want Dyche or pretty much any of the others the bookies are touting, but at the end of the day I do trust CPFC2010 to do the right thing and will support their choice.

However, I was reading an article about Dyche allegedly wanting the Palace job and got to thinking about how things might end for him if he doesn't get it. I can't imagine the Burnley fans would be too chuffed to know that their manager wants away. So if he doesn't get the Palace job would Burnley sack him anyway given that he's seemingly no longer loyal to their cause? Just a thought.

That was off a palace forum, lots of posts inevitably on there about the situation they are in, mainly just disillusioned fans having a pop at anything and everything to do with their club.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32529 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:45 pm

Sunderland fans were absolutely clear they didn't want Dyche two years ago when he all but got the job. Look where they are now.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2219 times
Has Liked: 2210 times

Post by fidelcastro » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:47 pm

All but got the job?

Did he?

claretdj
Been Liked: 287 times
Has Liked: 175 times

Post by claretdj » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:50 pm