Dyche ------->Palace

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Walt
Been Liked: 113 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Re: Dyche ------->Palace

Post by Walt » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:20 am

dsr wrote:Will this situation matter more than the Sunderland situation two years ago? That turned out all right.

Anyway, even if the possible departure is detrimental, is it more detrimental than having no manager at all and having to try and sign a replacement as good as Sean Dyche? OK, so the current situation may not be perfect - but if you think that sacking Sean Dyche would improve things, then I reckon you're wrong.
I haven't said sack him, I've suggested the situation needs to be moved along swiftly if there's any chance he's going to Palace.
This user liked this post: Spijed

Walt

Post by Walt » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:23 am

I'm certainly no advocate of Dyche leaving. You get let's sack him from this?

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:24 am

To be fair, I think its the witterings of ablue he got it from.

Walt

Post by Walt » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:27 am

Great, he's in role and identified his targets and whilst here no doubt he'll be as committed as ever. It's plainly obvious IF he went tomorrow for instance a new man would have a week in role at best prior to pre season.

That's all I'm saying in terms of let's push it forward should we need to.

I want him to stay.

Walt

Post by Walt » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:To be fair, I think its the witterings of ablue he got it from.
He quoted me when I said I didn't want him to leave yet said I wanted to sack him.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:29 am

Ah, well, I missed that!

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:35 am

That's an impressive list Holty! Good luck! :)
This user liked this post: Holtyclaret

Stan Tastic
Been Liked: 444 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by Stan Tastic » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:44 am

If he definitely is staying why not just come out and say it?

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32240 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 am

Stan Tastic wrote:If he definitely is staying why not just come out and say it?
Say what?

He's under contract at Burnley and it is business as usual. There is nothing for him or the club to say on any matter. Should Palace, or any other club for that matter, approach Burnley for permission to speak to our manager, that changes things and you would expect the club to then comment. Quite why anyone would expect the club or Sean Dyche to say anything I really don't understand.
This user liked this post: minnieclaret

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:48 am

Say what?

He's under contract at Burnley and it is business as usual. There is nothing for him or the club to say on any matter. Should Palace, or any other club for that matter, approach Burnley for permission to speak to our manager, that changes things and you would expect the club to then comment. Quite why anyone would expect the club or Sean Dyche to say anything I really don't understand.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:49 am

We should offer him a new deal, with a deadline. If he doesn't sign we should replace him immediately, this has the ability to completely destroy our preseason and season (which would suit Palace). Preseason starts in less than 10 days I think, we simply haven't got the time to be ******* around by waiting. Our transfer department operate at snails pace as it is, we need a conclusion one way or another because this uncertainty isn't helping anyone (other than our relegation rivals)

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 763 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by Guller Bull » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:50 am

Cos he never said he was going.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:00 am

Walt wrote:I haven't said sack him, I've suggested the situation needs to be moved along swiftly if there's any chance he's going to Palace.
But how do you move it along? The current position is that Dyche is manager and is doing his job, but there are rumours that Palace want him. The first part is entirely satisfactory; the second is beyond our control. What can we do to change the position, apart from giving Dyche some sort of ultimatum?

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:02 am

dsr wrote:But how do you move it along? The current position is that Dyche is manager and is doing his job, but there are rumours that Palace want him. The first part is entirely satisfactory; the second is beyond our control. What can we do to change the position, apart from giving Dyche some sort of ultimatum?
You said it yourself, give him a contract and an ultimatum.

Stan Tastic
Been Liked: 444 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by Stan Tastic » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:07 am

ClaretTony wrote:Say what?

The speculation is unsettling for the club though, and a simple statement to say there's nothing in it settles everything down.

If he knows he's staying surely he owes it to the thousands of fans that have bought season tickets hoping for him to be here next season.

One sentence and it's over and everyone moves on, it's not much to ask is it?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:07 am

KRBFC wrote:We should offer him a new deal, with a deadline. If he doesn't sign we should replace him immediately, this has the ability to completely destroy our preseason and season (which would suit Palace). Preseason starts in less than 10 days I think, we simply haven't got the time to be ******* around by waiting. Our transfer department operate at snails pace as it is, we need a conclusion one way or another because this uncertainty isn't helping anyone (other than our relegation rivals)
He's under contract - so you are basically suggesting we offer him a new deal and if he doesn't sign it we sack him. Never heard anything quite so ridiculous. Oh, sorry, yes I have, ablueclaret's nonsense.
These 4 users liked this post: simonclaret Chester Perry DAVETHEVICAR bfcmik

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:10 am

Stan Tastic wrote:The speculation is unsettling for the club though, and a simple statement to say there's nothing in it settles everything down.

If he knows he's staying surely he owes it to the thousands of fans that have bought season tickets hoping for him to be here next season.

There is no way on earth Dyche or club will make such a statement. I know we want to know, one way or the other, but there is absolutely nothing for manager or club to say and that's why they are saying nothing. It is business as usual at Burnley FC unless something changes.

Imagine if Dyche did say he wanted to go and then didn't get the Palace job. Imagine if he said he didn't want to go to Palace and then, some time later say, the opportunity comes up to go again and by then he's no longer at Burnley. You are only wanting a statement for your benefit. There is nothing to benefit Dyche or Burnley FC whatsoever by saying anything because there is nothing to say.

claretdom
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by claretdom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:10 am

I take it that the resident troll thinks when we are linked with any player they too should be offered an ultimatum maybe even on the official website telling the player we are linked with he has 24 hours to sign or forget it.

Andrew Robertson, Charlie Taylor etc you have 24 hours to sign or **** off.
This user liked this post: simonclaret

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:11 am

The only appropriate thing to do would be for sean to climb onto the roof of the bob lord and unfurl a huge banner which reads "F*** off Palace"

If he does it wearing bertie bee underpants, so much the better, then and only then will I consider our club a proffesional outfit and will purchase a keyring from the shop to show my undying support.
These 3 users liked this post: dsr Braindead keith1879

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:12 am

Stan Tastic wrote:The speculation is unsettling for the club though, and a simple statement to say there's nothing in it settles everything down.

Stop reading the papers and checking what the odds are then. Job done.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:13 am

ClaretTony wrote:He's under contract - so you are basically suggesting we offer him a new deal and if he doesn't sign it we sack him. Never heard anything quite so ridiculous. Oh, sorry, yes I have, ablueclaret's nonsense.
The board will obviously have a much clearer understanding of the situation. My opinion (and everyone else's on here) is based on what you draw from all of the reports combined. Some will believe Nixon in that hes staying, others will believe hes off and others will believe Palace aren't even interested in Dyche. To me it feels like we are almost sat waiting for Palace to make their move for him and if he joins we'd have sat waiting around for nothing.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:16 am

claretdom wrote:I take it that the resident troll thinks when we are linked with any player they too should be offered an ultimatum maybe even on the official website telling the player we are linked with he has 24 hours to sign or forget it.

Andrew Robertson, Charlie Taylor etc you have 24 hours to sign or **** off.
I never said 24 hours, you're putting words into my mouth as usual. I think the possibility of a manager leaving before the season starts is a bit different to a player joining. Either way, it needs resolving one way or another.

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:19 am

KRBFC wrote: Either way, it needs resolving one way or another.

What needs resolving?
This user liked this post: DAVETHEVICAR

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:20 am

KRBFC wrote:You said it yourself, give him a contract and an ultimatum.
What does the ultimatum say? If we say to Sean Dyche "sign this new contract or you're sacked", do you think he's sign? Bearing in mind that he has already been offered significant long term contracts and turned them down?

simonclaret
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 3596 times

Post by simonclaret » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:31 am

Stan Tastic wrote:If he knows he's staying surely he owes it to the thousands of fans that have bought season tickets hoping for him to be here next season.
You may be able to speak for thousands of fans, I won't try to.
Suffice to say I didn't buy a season ticket hoping for Sean Dyche to be the manager, I bought it to watch Burnley.
This user liked this post: bfcmik

Walt

Post by Walt » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:32 am

I've no idea behind the specifics of how these processes work but you'd imagine dialogue takes place prior to an official approach. We move it along by saying either confirm your interest and meet our compensation or bugger off, appoint someone else and leave us to get on with our own interests.

Do it by this time or we simply won't be answering any contact from you. If there was ever any truth in it then you'd hope we've already said this or something of a similar nature.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6419 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:32 am

From another point of view the fact that we dont make any announcements may be unsettling Palace as they may think they have their man and we know different - as soon as we say anything we lay our cards on the table and that weakens our position.

The people who need to know what is going on will know, thats good enough for me as they have done remarkably well over the last 10 years or so.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:44 am

IanMcL wrote:That's an impressive list Holty! Good luck! :)
There's no truth in the rumour that the current Mrs Holty helped him put the list together....

A bit like some of the posters on here suggesting the board should be "moving on" Sean Dyche, our best manager.

UTC
This user liked this post: IanMcL

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:48 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:What needs resolving?
Who our manager is going to be next season obviously.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:51 am

Paul Waine wrote:There's no truth in the rumour that the current Mrs Holty helped him put the list together....

A bit like some of the posters on here suggesting the board should be "moving on" Sean Dyche, our best manager.

UTC
IF he's looking to move on, then we are better moving him on asap.

I highlighted to keyword because its all if, buts and maybes because nobody on here really knows the situation.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:53 am

Some complete dross written by the usual suspects. Until it's more than just media speculation it's business as usual. No need for Dyche or the Board to do or say anything until such time as something materially changes. Giving him an ultimatum is just hideous.

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:54 am

KRBFC wrote:Who our manager is going to be next season obviously.

I think that you've got Burnley and Palace mixed up (easily done) because we've got a manager.

claretdom
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by claretdom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:56 am

Does Dyche come out and say he doesn't want the Palace job ?

Should he mention the jobs at Southampton and Sunderland too or do we wait til he has been linked and then he does an announcement again soon after. If we offer him a new deal every time he gets linked with a job he will probably never leave due to how much he is getting.

Failing that why not appoint a manager who nobody would want.
This user liked this post: Tall Paul

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:59 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:I think that you've got Burnley and Palace mixed up (easily done) because we've got a manager.
Right now, yes but will he be here for the season opener? Nobody on here knows. You're right though, once Palace appoint a new manager the situation will be resolved.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3139 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:07 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Say what?

This has me confused. The general consensus from reports is that he has spoken to Palace's representatives (isn't it?), so they surely must have got permission.

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:08 pm

KRBFC wrote:Right now, yes but will he be here for the season opener? Nobody on here knows.

That's the same every season though, and for all clubs.

Unless you're a clairvoyant or have a time machine then it's impossible to know what will happen at a future date.

What we do know is that we have a manager and bookies odds and regurgitated paper speculation aren't reasons to lose your mind by suggesting ultimatums or as Ablueballoon says, a sacking.
This user liked this post: DAVETHEVICAR

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:13 pm

KRBFC wrote:Right now, yes but will he be here for the season opener? Nobody on here knows. You're right though, once Palace appoint a new manager the situation will be resolved.
Now this time, you have hit on the right answer. Palace appointing a manager is probably the only way this "situation" can be solved. Now all we have to do if ensure the Burnley board put this plan into operation ...

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:That's the same every season though, and for all clubs.

Unless you're a clairvoyant or have a time machine then it's impossible to know what will happen at a future date.

What we do know is that we have a manager and bookies odds and regurgitated paper speculation aren't reasons to lose your mind by suggesting ultimatums or as Ablueballoon says, a sacking.
I haven't lost my head, I have never said he is going anywhere because I simply don't know. ** All I said was what I take from all the rumours is "we are all waiting for Palace to make their move". **

IF he doesn't want to stay (keyword IF) then id like us to move on to benefit ourselves and not sit around wasting time by waiting for Palace to make their move. When I say "IF he doesn't want to stay" that does not mean I believe he doesn't want to stay because I certainly don't take bookies odds on markets like this, seriously.

**Like I said previously, having seen all the contrasting rumours and paper talk it depends what view you take. Its pretty much down to what you believe to be the truth because nobody on here knows the truth.
Last edited by KRBFC on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simonclaret
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 3596 times

Post by simonclaret » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:15 pm

boatshed bill wrote:This has me confused. The general consensus from reports is that he has spoken to Palace's representatives (isn't it?), so they surely must have got permission.
Everything I've read has suggested the opposite, i.e. he has not spoken to them. Probably talked to his agent but that's still guesswork.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:22 pm

It's naive to think talks don't go on without permission nowadays.
They'll have talked already.

taio

Post by taio » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:23 pm

KRBFC wrote:I haven't lost my head, I have never said he is going anywhere because I simply don't know. ** All I said was what I take from all the rumours is "we are all waiting for Palace to make their move". **

IF he doesn't want to stay (keyword IF) then id like us to move on to benefit ourselves and not sit around wasting time by waiting for Palace to make their move. When I say "IF he doesn't want to stay" that does not mean I believe he doesn't want to stay because I certainly don't take bookies odds on markets like this, seriously.

**Like I said previously, having seen all the contrasting rumours and paper talk it depends what view you take. Its pretty much down to what you believe to be the truth because nobody on here knows the truth.
The bottom line is you want him sacked in any event, which I suppose is bound to underpin your view on the speculation about the CP job.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:It's naive to think talks don't go on without permission nowadays.
They'll have talked already.
And if they have talked, he (SD) should make that clear to his employers.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:28 pm

taio wrote:The bottom line is you want him sacked in any event, which I suppose is bound to underpin your view on the speculation about the CP job.
The bottom line is, I want a resolution one way or another. Basically I want CP to announce their new manager ASAP so we can move on with an exciting transfer window, with or without Dyche.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:28 pm

With respect, and whilst I understand the nervousness the speculation causes supporters - we've all been checking the odds, to a greater or lesser extent - the arguments raised by KRBFC and one or two others today reflect the problems caused by supporters drawing conclusions from speculation based on very limited public domain information in relation to what is an entirely personal and private matter.

Dyche could come out and comment on the speculation. But really, there's no need to. The uncertainty is only a problem if it affects the club's business, and at present there isn't actually any evidence that it is - we've got Nixon, who doesn't usually commit himself definitively without being fairly certain of his facts, stating he'll be shocked if we don't sign Andy Robertson, for example. As long as the Chairman and executives at the club know where they stand with Dyche, and as long as players at the club and who we are targeting who need to know Dyche's status are hearing what they need to hear, then that is all there is to it. And those people ought to be significantly closer to the facts than we are.

The problem with coming out and speaking to the media is two fold. Firstly, it backs Dyche into a corner. He can't say he'll never leave Burnley, because that's clearly not true. He probably can't say he'll not take the Palace job, because if they make him an offer he can't refuse (massive wage, massive budget) then he'd be a fool not to go there. He might even not be able to truthfully say he's not spoken to Palace, because like anyone in a small talent pool, he might well have had the opportunity to speak in broad terms over a coffee about the opportunity, and he might even be looking to use it to bash Mike Garlick over the head with regarding his transfer budget.

He can be more honest with players who he's trying to sign, or who he's trying to keep at Burnley, than he can with supporters because they are in the same world. Supporters inhabit another one entirely. That just is what it is, and we all have to be patient as a result.
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46

taio

Post by taio » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:37 pm

KRBFC wrote:The bottom line is, I want a resolution one way or another. Basically I want CP to announce their new manager ASAP so we can move on with an exciting transfer window, with or without Dyche.
I was under the impression that the bottom line for you is that you want Dyche out irrespective of what happens at CP. As regards CP there nothing to resolve at the moment.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:43 pm

claretspice wrote:With respect, and whilst I understand the nervousness the speculation causes supporters - we've all been checking the odds, to a greater or lesser extent - the arguments raised by KRBFC and one or two others today reflect the problems caused by supporters drawing conclusions from speculation based on very limited public domain information in relation to what is an entirely personal and private matter.

Dyche could come out and comment on the speculation. But really, there's no need to. The uncertainty is only a problem if it affects the club's business, and at present there isn't actually any evidence that it is - we've got Nixon, who doesn't usually commit himself definitively without being fairly certain of his facts, stating he'll be shocked if we don't sign Andy Robertson, for example. As long as the Chairman and executives at the club know where they stand with Dyche, and as long as players at the club and who we are targeting who need to know Dyche's status are hearing what they need to hear, then that is all there is to it. And those people ought to be significantly closer to the facts than we are.

The problem with coming out and speaking to the media is two fold. Firstly, it backs Dyche into a corner. He can't say he'll never leave Burnley, because that's clearly not true. He probably can't say he'll not take the Palace job, because if they make him an offer he can't refuse (massive wage, massive budget) then he'd be a fool not to go there. He might even not be able to truthfully say he's not spoken to Palace, because like anyone in a small talent pool, he might well have had the opportunity to speak in broad terms over a coffee about the opportunity, and he might even be looking to use it to bash Mike Garlick over the head with regarding his transfer budget.

He can be more honest with players who he's trying to sign, or who he's trying to keep at Burnley, than he can with supporters because they are in the same world. Supporters inhabit another one entirely. That just is what it is, and we all have to be patient as a result.
Personally I cannot imagine the representatives of a PL football club casually discussing their transfer budget with a candidate for their manager's position over a coffee. i'm sure that IF budgets have been discussed it's gone beyond a preliminary interview.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:43 pm

claretspice wrote:With respect, and whilst I understand the nervousness the speculation causes supporters - we've all been checking the odds, to a greater or lesser extent - the arguments raised by KRBFC and one or two others today reflect the problems caused by supporters drawing conclusions from speculation based on very limited public domain information in relation to what is an entirely personal and private matter.

Where did I say SD or anyone at the club should come out and make a statement? You're wittering as usual. You have typed a big long post about something I never said, infact I agree they don't need to come out and make a comment because seemingly there is nothing to report right now.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:51 pm

boatshed bill wrote:And if they have talked, he (SD) should make that clear to his employers.

Maybe he has. His current employers certainly aren't naive.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Maybe he has. His current employers certainly aren't naive.
There's so many "ifs".
I hope our board is sounding out some options if they know SD is talking to Palace.

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:07 pm

To save all fellow clarets time.

Nothing has been agreed in the last 23 pages.
Sean Dyche is still the Burnley manager
No offical approach.
Nothing to report. Roll on the new season