Your memories of this day eight years ago at Wembley

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Fretters
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Re: Your memories of this day eight years ago at Wembley

Post by Fretters » Thu May 25, 2017 12:41 pm

My phone died during the night before the game but somehow, I woke up naturally at exactly the time I needed to. It was such a relief as, the only people who would have known that I was over sleeping, would have been trying to ring me!

I was stewarding a BFSC coach down there. When I arrived on Harry Potts Way, I asked the driver if this was my Burnley Football Supporters Club coach. He replied, "Burnley supporters, yes". I said, "no... Burnley Suppporters CLUB?" and he said, "yes, Burnley Football CLUB". I just sighed and got on.

Sure enough, as we were about to pass junction 6 of the M65, my fellow steward got a phone call saying we were on the wrong coach and we had to turn back. Cue mass confusion and panic on the bus as we exited the motorway in Blackburn.

The next thing i remember is freaking out when I saw Coyle leading us out in a suit. Where was the full kit w*nker we were all used to? Didn't he know better than to alter ANYTHING for this game? I settled down when he ran back in to change.

What a day. I'd grabbed a replacement phone before I left that didn't have any numbers stored in it. I was flooded with texts afterwards and I had no idea who they were from, but I didn't care. I still replied and told them I loved them (I found out the next day that one was my boss).

I remember being stuck in the Wembley car park due to the ridiculously small exit gate they had for hundreds of coaches. We didn't care but it must be horrible for losing fans to be stuck there for so long.

When we got back, the large flag we had at the back of the bus was stolen. After such a great day, I was fuming that some thieving git had helped themselves to something we'd had made specially. But maybe the various things that went wrong off the pitch meant it would always be a good day on it!

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Thu May 25, 2017 1:02 pm

One word...a haze. Went round London the night before for a 'quiet' few - which ended up in the inevitable. On it again from breakfast the day of the game, right till early hours of next morning. It was a strange feeling of euphoria all day, followed by a feeling of impending carrot projection the whole day after. Ace!

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Thu May 25, 2017 1:17 pm

See that pompey fan in one of the service stations with his bell

A little kid (sheff utd fan) telling me Burnley are **** on the way back home so I throw a chicken nugget at him

The amout of vehicles on the roundabouts near tim bobbin heading on the motorway at half 6 in the morning. It was like d-day.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3787 times
Has Liked: 12479 times

Post by Leisure » Thu May 25, 2017 1:17 pm

We were due to fly out to Kalkan the day before the game but decided to cancel the flight and re-booked to fly out from Gatwick after the game, so missing 2 days of a weeks holiday! Went down on 1 of the 21 coaches which Accy Clarets took, with our suitcases under the bus. Stopped off in Hamel Hempstead for breakfast and beers. Had booked a taxi for after the game to take us to Gatwick , so got the cases off the coach and met the taxi. Got to Gatwick and saw many other Clarets waiting for flights. Got to Kalkan about 4am. A few hours sleep then met the others who had got to Kalkan a couple of days before (a Claret and 3 Rovers fans). They'd watched the game in a bar with a Burnley fan and although the temperature was about 30 degrees this guy had on a full length leather coat. Apparently he taken it with him on holiday as it was his lucky coat! A great day and we'll worth missing a few days of holiday! UTC

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Thu May 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Im feeling a little jealous of Huddersfield fans now.

claretdom
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by claretdom » Thu May 25, 2017 1:19 pm

I bet you love those booking seats for Wembley trips

Can I book 6 seats
Can I cancel 2
Can I add 4 more Can't go now
Fully booked
You got any seats left........

TopCat
Been Liked: 172 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by TopCat » Thu May 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Wouldn't be jealous before the game. It must be the worst place to lose.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu May 25, 2017 1:21 pm

I remember seeing loads of people with those Owen Coyle masks before the game in the pub.
I was strangely confident before the game, we were on a good run, playing well and had a manager who'd united the whole town.
As others have said the atmosphere before the game was superb.
The game seemed to last forever once we'd scored though.

WadingInDeeper
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by WadingInDeeper » Thu May 25, 2017 1:26 pm

At the last moment we decided instead of going to wembley we would invite family round for the afternoon to watch the match.

I'm glad we did because three of them are now no longer with us.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3787 times
Has Liked: 12479 times

Post by Leisure » Thu May 25, 2017 1:50 pm

claretdom wrote:I bet you love those booking seats for Wembley trips

Can I book 6 seats
Can I cancel 2
Can I add 4 more Can't go now
Fully booked
You got any seats left........
It's like that for a normal away game!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: claretblue

whalleyd
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by whalleyd » Thu May 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Family reunion at Euston Station bar, kids, sister, all in claret and blue. Wade's goal will be forever the most important I had seen since Waldron's at Deepdale. Duff running round exuberantly filming the Claret hordes in raptures, feeling of being emotionally drained as we left the stadium.
Starving hungry but being jammy enough to have booked the Indian closest to Wembley the week before, table for 8, perfect.
No doubt that without Wade's goal we wouldn't be where we are now, that's why I'll never slang off Owen.
This user liked this post: brunlea99

duncandisorderly
Been Liked: 970 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by duncandisorderly » Thu May 25, 2017 1:55 pm

There was absolutely no doubt at all that Burnley would win. I've never experienced such a feeling of certainty since about a Burnley game.

Mike Dean certainly earned a bit of credit that day though.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu May 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Stan Tastic wrote:Agonising when Kyle Walker raced back to block Blake's goalbound shot near the end.
Looking at the full backs that day (Walker and Kyle Naughton), I'm amazed they didn't trouble us more than they did.

Didn't we deserve to win something like 3 or 4-0?

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Thu May 25, 2017 2:27 pm

I remember shouting "hit it, hit it!" just before Wade smashed it in. After that I was like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Dissolving into tears when the final whistle went and my then fourteen year old son telling me not to be so embarrassing!
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

7decades
Been Liked: 113 times
Has Liked: 69 times

Post by 7decades » Thu May 25, 2017 3:38 pm

I remember being on cloud 9 after the result and as I drove home hearing on the radio that micky mouse football club in Scotland may try and lure our manager away. I said to my passenger, huh no chance, he has principals and integrity, believes in the team ethic and would never leave without seeing the job through to keeping us up. I also believe in Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy and that the moon is made of cheese........

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu May 25, 2017 3:42 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Looking at the full backs that day (Walker and Kyle Naughton), I'm amazed they didn't trouble us more than they did.

Didn't we deserve to win something like 3 or 4-0?
Yes we should have put them well out of sight in the 2nd half! Don't recall Beast having much to do that day.

Frenchclaret
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 602 times

Post by Frenchclaret » Thu May 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Set off from Bordeaux airport to Gatwick on the Sunday with Roy Hodgson and his no 2 returning from a scouting mission the previous night. He was manager of Fulham at the time and they had a 3pm kick off at Craven Cottage that day. He noticed my scarf and asked me which team I was going to watch and wished us luck.
Stayed with my son and his wife overnight in Horsham. We went by overground train next day and at every stop more and more Blades got on, surrounding the three of us. But at Wembley high street the balance was restored and confidence grew. I believed we would win but would have liked another goal to make sure. Found myself hugging everyone around at the final whistle.
I remember walking right around the ground before the match and how subdued the Sheffield fans were at their end compared to the party going on at our end. Also remember the loud music played over the p.a. system ruining any pre- match atmosphere for the fans. Took lots of photos of the scenes which I treasure.
I had left my wife in France and missed her birthday on the 25th so had some catching up to do when I got back next day. She might have forgiven me, just, by today, 8 years later but I'm not counting on it !

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:05 pm

The highspot of my wife's Burnley watching career - the only time she saw us win at Wembley. Sadly she died a year later. Wembley is such a good memory with our daughters there as well!!!!!
This user liked this post: DCWat

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Thu May 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Flew in, stayed at a lovely hotel, took my nephew & niece, remember walking up Wembley Way taking pictures, mostly of all the fans in C&B Later in the pub a whole group of Sheffield U fans close by and they got chatting, they were very friendly and bought me a drink, even saying the better team won. Had a smile on my face for a long time, and still do at this moment. Brilliant weekend :)

COYC73
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 130 times

Post by COYC73 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:34 pm

It was the 3rd trip to Wembley for me with the Clarets and most definitely the best!!!! Our Family and friends booked our own coach to go down on so it was good fun....went round the back of Wembley to the pubs before the game.....then went to the stadium about an hour before kickoff to soak up all the atmosphere!!!! I've got to say whenever Burnley make it to Wembley we do bring an absolutely fantastic following....thousands and thousands of Claret and Blue!!!! I even admit I had a tear in my eye when the final whistle blew....NEVER thought I'd see us make it to the top flight.....it was the perfect day!!!! Except the air con on the coach failed on the way home..... :| I didn't take the mick out of the Sheff Utd fans on the way home....I kind of felt sorry for them...... :?

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5073 times
Has Liked: 6847 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu May 25, 2017 6:39 pm

One or the best days ever. It had the lot tears cheers and beers. I wonder what Judas is thinking ?

Jeffbfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 260 times

Post by Jeffbfc » Thu May 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Missed it. Booked a holiday after a defeat on a Tuesday night thinking we won't make the playoffs.
Watched it in Alberferia with son and daughters.
Some lads came in, one was related to Glen Little.
Walking back to the hotel up the strip after got waved into a few bars cause of the Burnley shirts we had on.
Got changed went back out with clean burnley shirt on and got more beers bought.
Great night.
UTC.

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 167 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Thu May 25, 2017 6:51 pm

Meeting Tony Livesy and holding the (replica) cup :)

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Thu May 25, 2017 7:09 pm

I was so confident we'd win - Reading were the tough side and we'd played the perfect semi against them (wiht a bit of luck at the Turf) so the Blunts were not any threat at all - my only nagging doubt was that we'd done them twice already that season (but it was a tiny one).

Deciding not to drive from Ormskirk (the whole family on a camping weekend for bank holiday and most were going from there) at the last minute and going home (Leeds) on Sunday night to get the train instead. PLanning to drive to Donny and use the fam/friends railcard for me and the boys but driving to Peterboro and going from there (no idea why) and bumping into a fellow thesp from Dewsbury on the train (his best mates a Claret and he's often been on the Turf)

Buying tube passes at Kings cross (old ticket hall) and the Arsenal fan who sold us the cards wishing us all the best.
bit of a gander round Covent Garden then the tube to Wembley and listening to friendly but slightly arrogant banter from the blades fans we shared - they were sure they'd win!!

The escalators.

Bumping into people we know from the JMU

THAT goal

the heart in the mouth penalty moments

The way we pretty much disassembled them as a team yet failed to score more.

Smug on the tube going back and the blur of a journey home.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu May 25, 2017 7:21 pm

I remember Wade getting the ball inside his own half...........

I remember being on the coach with a litre of Gin Punch.
I remember three Sheff Utd fans going 'booooo' at us whilst we were in the offy, and quick as a flash one of our lot went 'Baa' back.
I remember the sea of Claret and Blue.
I remember being on a red hot coach stuck in the coach park after the game. :evil:
I remember seeing Chris Morgan walking between our coaches and thinking that he had a face that only a mother could love.

A grand day out.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu May 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Another memory was James Beattie staggering past the Burnley coaches after the game flicking the v's then crapping himself as several emergency exits on many coaches opened! Never saw him run that fast on the pitch!

Cornwallclaret
Been Liked: 102 times
Has Liked: 236 times

Post by Cornwallclaret » Thu May 25, 2017 8:33 pm

Drove up from Cornwall the day before so I could get on the coach with my family and friends ...the whole day was amazing,the atmosphere the weather,so many fellow clarets on the journey and at Wembley,seeing the new Wembley for the 1st time...wades goal..the final whistle..what a feeling..seeing my older brother ( my hero) cry for the 1st time,tears of pure joy..the years of following the clarets all over in the 4th division all seemed worth it to feel like I did that day.
Journey home..a blur,next day drove back to Cornwall :) UTC

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Thu May 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Wow what a weekend.

My son is autistic and 1 of his triggers were loud noises. I had taken him to a few him matches that season and saw him slowly but surely coming out if his bubble and joining in with some songs.
I risked it and took the whole family including my autistic 10 year old son.
We stayed in a hotel in Ruislip the night before and travelled in on the tube. We had club Wembley tickets thanks to my boss and swiftly passed the Bobby more statue to enter the stadium. This would be my son's 1st "away" match and he started with his points of recognition flappy hands etc that showed he was excited. New Wembley was exactly that in 2009 and as we entered early to get my son out of the hussle we did plenty of walking around. Much to my amazement we walked to the closed glass doors which you enter to your seat which had a guarding steward. The steward advised us that the entrance was closed until nearer kick off time. We got talking and he asked if my son was autistic as his grandson was and recognised the signs. I explained he was and the apart from the win the most anazing part of the day happened. The steward allowed my son to go through the sorts and be the first Fan to enter the stadium that day, he is there us to where we would be sitting with was right next to the dignitry box and Chris Kamara was there taking in the view. He posed for pictures with my son.
The match was amazing and I and my family cried with joy not only at wades goal but how my son was so enthralled like any other child so singin the songs and cheating then on and those lat minutes which we all whistled for the end he grabbed me and said Dad it sounds like a fire alarm which he was seriously frightened of and I explained why everyone was whistling and he started crying and thought that's it I need to get him out, but when i tried he explained look at all these Burnley fans that all want what we want so whistle because I can't.

Ever since he has had a season ticket and progressed massively. So for me we not only won the ultimate, it awoke my son, and I will be eternally grateful
These 12 users liked this post: bodge Greenmile claretblue JohnDearyMe keith1879 ClaretPope tim_noone longside72 Vino blanco Duffer_ Sarum ClaretTony

DuckworthsEA
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by DuckworthsEA » Thu May 25, 2017 8:42 pm

The car park at Cockfosters being packed and the rest of the streets surrounding being permit only. We found a Doctors surgery close by that had restrictions so my Dad parked round the side of the building and covered the car with 2 big wheely bins so nobody could see. Came back and the car was there without a clamp! Never forget it. We were directly in line with the goal at the opposite end and it seemed to take an age to hit the back of the next almost in slow motion. Fantastic day never forgotten. UTC x

bodge
Been Liked: 729 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by bodge » Thu May 25, 2017 8:43 pm

Excellent stuff Claret Al !
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1486 times
Has Liked: 1847 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Thu May 25, 2017 8:58 pm

We travelled in with a car full including our 6yrold Reading born grandaughter .As we pulled up.the road some guys in high vis jackets directed us to a car park.
It turned out after to be a traveller scam as they have directed fans onto a derilict site and charged £20 a car.
Still it was handy.
I never doubted we were going up not after Thommos goal went in at Reading.
A great goal from Wade and a heart in the mouth moment when Chris Kalvenes launched Ward up.in the air.
A stonewall penalty not given and a red card for Ward.
A very enjoyable game that got better when the final whistle went.

Flatline
Been Liked: 97 times

Post by Flatline » Thu May 25, 2017 9:00 pm

Setting off at 8am with two mates,my non drinking mate driving my van with two claret and blue scarves hanging from the back doors. 8-)
Opening one of many a can 8am full of optimism knowing we'd win having beaten them twice. ;)
Stopping off at the Service Station near Birmingham in my retro 1970's top,the place was flooded with United fans.Went to the bogs and a sole claret fan came out and winked,had a p1ss along the longest urinal I've seen among them with a huge smile on my face. :D
Parked up at Uxbridge and had a can in the centre,some London bloke came up and rifled off the entire team of 1970(before my time)and wished us all the best. 8-)
Heard some strange noise like out of Zulu and about 50 Burnley nutters appeared,some of whom I knew. :lol:
Few beers with them in Uxbridge until we got kicked out for being too noisy. :D
Another one on the way to Wembley,left them as they didn't have a ticket. :shock:
Walking up Wembley Way with my home made 8x4 flag among the United fans,fecking great. :D
Inside never seen so many clarets fans ever(obviously),all with different tops on from their Burnley era. 8-)
Singing none stop and pure jubilation at seeing us make it back. :D
Tube back to Uxbridge 100 degrees,thought I might pass out. :(
Reached van and met some Burnley blokes from down South who gave us some pork pies. :D
Mate drove back at 90 mph all the way back to Blackburn,drove through the town singing a beeping and back home in good old Burnley for 11! :lol:

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Thu May 25, 2017 9:08 pm

Flatline wrote:Setting off at 8am with two mates,my non drinking mate driving my van with two claret and blue scarves hanging from the back doors. 8-)
Opening one of many a can 8am full of optimism knowing we'd win having beaten them twice. ;)
Stopping off at the Service Station near Birmingham in my retro 1970's top,the place was flooded with United fans.Went to the bogs and a sole claret fan came out and winked,had a p1ss along the longest urinal I've seen among them with a huge smile on my face. :D
Parked up at Uxbridge and had a can in the centre,some London bloke came up and rifled off the entire team of 1970(before my time)and wished us all the best. 8-)
Heard some strange noise like out of Zulu and about 50 Burnley nutters appeared,some of whom I knew. :lol:
Few beers with them in Uxbridge until we got kicked out for being too noisy. :D
Another one on the way to Wembley,left them as they didn't have a ticket. :shock:
Walking up Wembley Way with my home made 8x4 flag among the United fans,fecking great. :D
Inside never seen so many clarets fans ever(obviously),all with different tops on from their Burnley era. 8-)
Singing none stop and pure jubilation at seeing us make it back. :D
Tube back to Uxbridge 100 degrees,thought I might pass out. :(
Reached van and met some Burnley blokes from down South who gave us some pork pies. :D
Mate drove back at 90 mph all the way back to Blackburn,drove through the town singing a beeping and back home in good old Burnley for 11! :lol:
you've used up all the smilys Flatline! :(

Flatline
Been Liked: 97 times

Post by Flatline » Thu May 25, 2017 9:11 pm

claretblue wrote:you've used up all the smilys Flatline! :(
Ooops, sorry about that. :)

Sarum
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 323 times

Post by Sarum » Thu May 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Parked up near Richmond, SW London station to get the overground in the direction of Wembley. Saw one Claret but no other football fans for the first 30 mins. Changed trains and immediately noticed a familiar face looking at me from the other end of the carriage. "Can't be", I thought, looked again, "but, yes, it is"... but why would Owen Coyle be going to Wembley by train?? Then the bloke sitting opposite him turned around to face me: jesus, now I'm seeing double; that's Owen Coyle too. :D

Got off the train into a sea of Clarets, met my friends there and just wandered around soaking up the sun and great vibe. Situated out on the side touchline somewhere parallel to the penalty spot (I think maybe) it was impossible to gauge the trajectory of Wade's shot, but as others have said it seemed to float effortlessly past the keeper, who appeared to dive in slow motion after the ball had already rippled the net. Time stood still and then everything and everyone around us went completely crazy. The rest of the match is a bit of a blur, really, apart from the memory of Clarke Carlisle soaring imperiously again and again to head clear. And then the noise at the final whistle. Incredible. Honestly one of the very best days of my life.

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Post by steve1264b » Thu May 25, 2017 10:06 pm

I wouldnt let my mum book hotel rooms until the final whistle at Reading (im 52 she was on line ready to pounce ).

My main memory was right behind wade when he scored. Everyone went mental apart from me. I checked the lino the ref for anything that disallowed it.

I got a pint at half time. I rarely drink before a game. My hand was shaking. My family group all met up and i kept saying "we dont do this it isnt the burnley way".

On the way home, traffic was slow, we stopped at a pub near coventry for food. Everyone thought we were villa fans!

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2004 times
Has Liked: 3336 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Thu May 25, 2017 10:08 pm

I honestly didn't think we'd win it. And tbh I think the whole Sheff Utd lot thought the same so were even more surprised than I was. Stayed over in London before and after the game and loads of "locals" wished us well on the tube and around the centre before the game and congratulated us afterwards. We seemed very popular for once! Great goal from Wade, but I was absolutely gutted that Joey didn't score from 6 inches in the second half and that last ditch tackle by Walker on Blake as he was about to tap in was unbelievable. To score right in front of us and make it safe would have been the icing on the cake!!
I was only really aware looking at it afterwards how lucky we were with at least one if not two VERY good penalty shouts against us and although someone earlier in the thread referred to Clarke being immense he made one horrific challenge in the first half which another ref could have seen VERY differently.

Crewe claret
Been Liked: 9 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Crewe claret » Thu May 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Fantastic day but made a big mistake of parking the car at Stanmore station and getting the tube in, took 2 hrs to get off the car park and surrounded by Sheffield United fans all with faces like smacked arses and none oof them would let me into the queue to get out, glad they got relegated
This user liked this post: tim_noone

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu May 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:I remember Wade getting the ball inside his own half...........
I remember being on the coach with a litre of Gin Punch.
You missed the bloody goal then! ;-)

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 436 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Thu May 25, 2017 10:41 pm

My niece's 3rd birthday, just celebrated her 11th this evening - one helps me remember the date of the other :oops:

I don't remember seeing that many Clarets around London the day before, there were 15/20 of us but a few Millwall and Sheff utd around.

I have never been so confident that we would win as I was that day, my good friend was the same as we shared a bottle of fizz for breakfast in Woolwich whilst everyone got ready.

Not much from the game. Finding my brother in law and niece, picking her up with the club crest painted in her cheek and pointing at the thousands of claret and blue flags being waved in awe...I cried.

Crying and hugging my best friends at the end, all who have watched the clarets since we were kids.

Getting back to Euston really fast and on a train, must have been amongst first back to Manchester. Singing and dancing around the ramp in Piccadilly with people taking pictures.

Getting back to a very flat Burnley town centre. Burnley fans who'd watched the game in town probably gone home, no Clarets back from London - weird atmosphere. Then coach loads of friends arriving throughout the night to the party at XS/Fusion/Vouge

Been some great days since but that is up there at the top.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu May 25, 2017 10:53 pm

FactualFrank wrote:You missed the bloody goal then! ;-)
:lol: :lol:

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 194 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Fri May 26, 2017 12:16 am

Being at Wembley with my best mate, my son, seeing BFC win..................

chipbutty
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 132 times

Post by chipbutty » Fri May 26, 2017 12:51 am

CaptJohn wrote:The journey down the M6/M1 was probably one of my more vivid memories. Loads of Clarets in cars, coaches, taxis and even a stretched limo. The walk down Wembley Way from the tube was also very special and being photobombed by a Utd fan was also special in a strange sort of way. The final whistle though was my most memorable moment. My daughter and I both blubbering in tears with our arms around one another :D
That stretch limo may have been us!
We left Ightenhill @ 08:30, 8 passengers and 92 cans. Not bad considering we had a child who obviously wasn`t drinking and my friends mum who had brought her own wine :o

I also remember Use Somebody by Kings of Leon being played on a loop before the game.

I also remember winning £575 after betting on us to go up at 23/1, a bet that until I received an email from BET365 in march I had forgotten that I placed!

Waving flags out of the limo whilst stuck in Sheffield fans traffic on motorway.

Duff`s Dance, Robbie`s Bad Beat Bob kecks, Elliott pointing to his family after scoring.

Witnessing BFC getting to the Premier League, something a couple of years earlier I told a Preston fan "Probably wouldn`t happen in my lifetime", perhaps being at The Orient game instils things like that in you?

All in all a great day, but did not exceed the atmosphere at Reading in the play off 2nd leg

secessionman
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by secessionman » Fri May 26, 2017 4:48 am

Reading away was a much better experience as we expected nothing after the 0-0 and got everything and more. Best game of my life. Possibly even the best day of my life, even if I did miss the last train home and spent some time hanging around London with homeless guys who I probably bought McDonalds for the following morning before catching the first tube.

Wembley I was much more on edge, 10 pints before the game was the only way I was going to handle this. I'd like to think I'd me more chilled about it these days but I'd still probably still do the 10 pints. McGlynns Kings Cross with the shooting star Sussex Clarets at 10am, s**t bacon butties with pubes and rumours of Jody Latham leaning out of windows begging for tickets. Apparently he was big in those days.

Some time after the game ended up in Covent Garden where I think we lasted until after midnight. No idea how I got home. Who cared?

Best clip of the day was this (I swear I wasn't there).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWUVBffRmDw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BFCmaj
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 2107 times

Post by BFCmaj » Fri May 26, 2017 6:50 am

My eldest daughter had only just been born so I watched the match at home. I had held her for the entire play off semi at Reading and as we had won there I decided that she was my lucky mascot. She managed to stay asleep the whole game even with all my oohs and aahs. She is still my lucky mascot and if we have any kind of dead ball situation, I will pick her up in anticipation of scoring. Baby number four was delivered at Burnley a week ago, let's hope he is as lucky a mascot as the other three have been over the past ten years.
Last edited by BFCmaj on Fri May 26, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

BFCmaj
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 2107 times

Post by BFCmaj » Fri May 26, 2017 6:54 am

secessionman wrote:Reading away was a much better experience as we expected nothing after the 0-0 and got everything and more
Didn't we win the first leg 1-0?

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3595 times
Has Liked: 1028 times

Post by jedi_master » Fri May 26, 2017 7:20 am

The whole day is a blur, without doubt one of the best days of my life and something I will forever treasure.

I can't remember an awful lot of the game (I might watch it this weekend...kept the recording!), but I remember thinking we absolutely deserved to win.

I have a photo the lady next to me took of me and my Dad a couple of minutes after the final whistle and that photo is definitely my favourite ever taken of the pair of us.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Fri May 26, 2017 7:25 am

BFCmaj wrote:Didn't we win the first leg 1-0?
Yep Grezza pen

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 436 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Fri May 26, 2017 7:54 am

jedi_master wrote:The whole day is a blur, without doubt one of the best days of my life and something I will forever
I was sat on a boat last week with my wife and five women, one asked when we got married blah blah "was it the best day if your life" she got my wife's attention because it was noisy "just asked him what the best day of his life was..." My wife "yes I know without hearing it thank you"

secessionman
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by secessionman » Fri May 26, 2017 11:23 am

BleedingClaret wrote:Yep Grezza pen
Can't remember that at all. Hazy Days!
This user liked this post: BFCmaj