Noel Gallagher.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Flat Stanley
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Re: Noel Gallagher.

Post by Flat Stanley » Tue May 30, 2017 1:26 pm

Definitely Maybe is a great album, one of my favorites, but people keep saying there is not one bad track on it. Digsy Dinner is dogger! :lol:

Definitely Maybe and Masterplan (album of B sides from tracks from the first two albums) are their best albums. What's the Story pretty good. Not much else worth bothering with apart from the occasional half decent track.

Music you grew up with is often close to your heart so Oasis will always be considered to be 'Great' for kids growing up in the 90's. They helped reinvigorate guitar based rock music in a big way. They were also the band that got me and lots of others of my age interested in music and we then widened our musical horizons from there so they will always be considered to be a 'Great band' by me even if they were a bit limited in their music.
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1037 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Not many groups entire catalogue of studio album releases reached number 1 in the UK charts

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue May 30, 2017 2:50 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:I'd rather hear the sound of my house burning down than listen to an Oasis song.

Would the chorus go something like this?.......

Oh shee-iite
My house is burning down
Oh shee-iite
Our kid is a 'kin clown
Oh shee-iite
He left the chip pan on
Oh shee-iite
Now my house is 'kin gone
Oh shee-iite
These 2 users liked this post: Lord Beamish Dark Cloud

Walton
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Post by Walton » Tue May 30, 2017 3:00 pm

I still listen to Definitely Maybe often, and I still get a massive buzz off it. It's brilliant. It's ballsy, exciting, rock as f*ck, and the only album that feels more cocaine-fuelled is Sabbath's Vol 4.

Columbia is up there with my favourite ever songs, and is one of those that just has to be played really loudly. It's definitely going on in the car on the way home.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:40 pm

add him to the prick list

he needs to at least make an effort to open his manc eyes

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 836 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Tue May 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Greenmile wrote:The Spice Girls.

Kind of gives lie to your "more sales = better band" argument, doesn't it?
I wouldn't class the Spice Girls as a band though, they were a group of pop singers who performed to backing tracks singing songs written by somebody else,

A band plays and sings their own music. Oasis were a great band and Noel still is a fantastic songwriter.

hampsteadclaret
Been Liked: 1110 times
Has Liked: 802 times

Post by hampsteadclaret » Tue May 30, 2017 4:15 pm

48....for posters who like the sound of houses burning down..this must be played LOUD

- the best version of this fab song anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVv94T5LF0c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue May 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Not really a fan of Oasis. Definitely Maybe is decent but gradually downhill after that.

Definitely got lucky that at the time their Beatles rip offs and Quo riffs were enough to satisfy the coke-fuelled swaggering of the era.

Saw them on their last tour - as I had a freebie- and they were just boring dad-rock.

Saw Noel play a small acoustic show about ten years ago, before they split, and to be fair, it was really good.