Stocks and Shares

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Re: Stocks and Shares

Post by kaptin1 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:13 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Thanks for this tip I have registered. Whats the process and is it a weekly thing? Is it online or in person?
Please, please do not sign up to such ridiculous courses. These companies just want you to trade as much as possible so that they can take commission from you. Forex markets are driven by so many factors that predicting them with any confidence is virtually impossible. You are just throwing money down the drain if you do this.
These 3 users liked this post: South West Claret. cricketfieldclarets JegunClaret

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:15 am

TheOriginalLongsider wrote:That makes no sense. How can the vast majority of funds underperform the market? Think about it! Fees are charged by the funds but usually discounted to zero by the broker. Somebody like HL would charge an annual percentage on the portfolio but this is usually around 1%. At the moment most of my funds go up by that much weekly.
There is substantial research to support my argument and this is currently the subject of a regulatory review. If you don't believe me then just Google it. The fact that your fund is going up by more than that on a daily basis is simply a function of the market rising, not the skill of your fund manager in outperforming the market.
This user liked this post: South West Claret.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:20 am

Good advice kaptin1.

dushanbe
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by dushanbe » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:29 am

Kaptin1 is right in my view. The majority of my funds are passively invested into a diversified range of trackers, covering all major asset classes.

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:20 am

If you are going to invest in actively managed funds then I would look for those that have a high proportion of their fees based on actual outperformance versus benchmark. Otherwise, as suggested by Dushanbe, owning a selection of low cost passive funds is probably the best option.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:33 am

As I say I don't do "managed funds" for reasons already given above.

However I do trade "some" ETF's and ETC's to very good affect.. no stamp duty either which is a saving of 1/2% or 1% on Irish shares.

Those savings might appear small but when trading they give you a better chance of making a profit.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:35 am

kaptin1 wrote:Please, please do not sign up to such ridiculous courses. These companies just want you to trade as much as possible so that they can take commission from you. Forex markets are driven by so many factors that predicting them with any confidence is virtually impossible. You are just throwing money down the drain if you do this.

Most. Not all.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:46 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:It's not easy at all. A lot more to it than that. Knowing when to buy and when to sell takes a lot of practice.
my experience tells me not. Sure you need to decide a lot of things but relatively easy to choose based on masses of info but end of the day a gamble, weather, assignations all play a part but you will never figure out when they will hit will you!! I had both of these but did not panic when they dropped 50%, waited it out and sold for a good profit.

I have only lost money on one buy, waited a long time and eventually sold for a minor loss and that was for warrants, which are really geared to up/down.

However I will also qualify gains, hence why I also put profits in to other areas.

but the adage still stands, I have bought after every crash even when people were still panicking If you take the overall market for UK and USA and look at any given 5 years you would have made a profit if you had just bet on that market. I went in to S&P 500 early 2015, a year later I was down, today (thank you Mr Trump) I am up quite a bit

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:49 pm

[*]
cricketfieldclarets wrote:Thanks for this tip I have registered. Whats the process and is it a weekly thing? Is it online or in person?
It's a webinar at night and live trading in the mornings. Weekly educational webinars every tuesday and fantastic online support through whatsapp. You will be added to the groups where you can ask questions 24/7 if you haven't already.

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Done a bit of digging on Mtakeover and it seems like Matt Travis, who owns 75% of the business, is viewed by others as a scammer. May be worth avoiding...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educati ... am-44.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:28 pm

kaptin1 wrote:Done a bit of digging on Mtakeover and it seems like Matt Travis, who owns 75% of the business, is viewed by others as a scammer. May be worth avoiding...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educati ... am-44.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Douglas is not part of mta anymore. I have met matt train and his team and speak as I find over the last year he has been great. So much so I am off to Vegas with them as a result at the end of the month.

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:39 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:Mike Douglas is not part of mta anymore. I have met matt train and his team and speak as I find over the last year he has been great. So much so I am off to Vegas with them as a result at the end of the month.
Well, good luck to you as you are going to need it! Personally think you are very deluded if you think you can sustainably make money trading FX as a retail punter. Fact that Travis is taking you to Vegas says it all to me. You are simply gambling against the odds, not investing. Don't let these websites fool you otherwise.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:05 pm

I don't know why I bother at times tbh. I was in 2 minds whether to put the link up because I just knew I could count on utc to slag it off. Cricketfield is a big boy and I'm sure he can make up his own mind.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:15 am

Another week on the market starts tomorrow..good luck all and good night.
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:08 am

Alanstevensonsgloves wrote:There was once a thread on the old site that tipped certain companies. Think one was called Gulf Keystone and was around 400p or something. I bought and not long after the price rose - happy days! Then the price plummeted and I lost a bit.

As always, do your own research!!
I was burned to the amount of about 5k on gulf keystone. I started trading about 3 years ago and turned an initial investment of 10k into 22k in 11 months, and then lost all the gain and some simply because I didn't pay attention. If you don't have the time to be diligent daily than my learning is don't do it, and instead go for a tracker

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:07 am

NRC wrote:I was burned to the amount of about 5k on gulf keystone. I started trading about 3 years ago and turned an initial investment of 10k into 22k in 11 months, and then lost all the gain and some simply because I didn't pay attention. If you don't have the time to be diligent daily than my learning is don't do it, and instead go for a tracker
All things being equal the more time you can monitor the market and the sector of the Company that your interested in the better in my experience.

Also some early and less experienced people get sucked in with terms like "30 baggers" and such terms, again in my experience avoid! Along with the majority of outfits on the AIM market.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:40 pm

I have money invested in various schemes including a draw down pension with James Hay partnership of which I now take at 57. I have also been playing the markets for over 30 years has a hobby. One of my favourite shares is Vodafone they pay 5% dividend the share price fluctuates between 2.00 and 2.30 buy up to 2.08 and you can't lose.

My favourite at the moment and has been for a few years is Sirrius Minerals I hold a substantial amount of these and sp is on the move. Sirrius are miners and are to mine potash on the north Yorkshire moors

Another one to look out for is sml with mines in the US, Australia and Cornwall. Buy now at 0.0250

Walton
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Post by Walton » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:49 pm

The big dividend payers in the UK are firms like BAT, Lloyds, AstraZeneca, BP, Vodafone, HSBC, Shell, GSK, National Grid, Rio Tinto etc, and they'll be vital for you as you're drawing income.

I've just been reading however that AZ could be forced to cut their dividend by up to half.

Rather than invest in the individual companies, it'd be much safer to do it as part of a tracker. Vanguard have a good FTSE one paying a yield of 4.48 made up of the above stocks.

I've come across Sirius quite a bit and it looks a bumpy ride, but I know people who got in at the right time and have managed to take a good bit of profit out.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Walton wrote:The big dividend payers in the UK are firms like BAT, Lloyds, AstraZeneca, BP, Vodafone, HSBC, Shell, GSK, National Grid, Rio Tinto etc, and they'll be vital for you as you're drawing income.

I've just been reading however that AZ could be forced to cut their dividend by up to half.

Rather than invest in the individual companies, it'd be much safer to do it as part of a tracker. Vanguard have a good FTSE one paying a yield of 4.48 made up of the above stocks.

I've come across Sirius quite a bit and it looks a bumpy ride, but I know people who got in at the right time and have managed to take a good bit of profit out.
If you invest in individual companies it is a gamble. You should only invest in what you can afford to lose.
I find if you invest in the ftse 100 companies like the ones you mentioned then you can't go wrong.
Investing in SML and Sirrius is risky,so be warned but the profits can be huge if they come good and Sirrius is doing just that.

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Top Claret wrote:If you invest in individual companies it is a gamble. You should only invest in what you can afford to lose.
I find if you invest in the ftse 100 companies like the ones you mentioned then you can't go wrong.
Investing in SML and Sirrius is risky,so be warned but the profits can be huge if they come good and Sirrius is doing just that.
I can think of plenty of FTSE 100 companies that would have lost you a lot of money. Only invest in things you can understand and value!

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:58 pm

My motivation for correcting some comments on here is to help CFC and any other person new or interested in online trading, so please don't anyone take it personally.

1. Investing or trading shares on the stock market is not "gambling" but it is "risk taking" it's a common confusion by a lot of people.

2. Investing in some of the bigger companies on the ft100 has some very good advantages as said, less likely to go bust and most pay a very nice dividend usually twice a year. They also have less of a "spread" when buying and selling then the smaller outfits on the Aim market for example. The spread is the difference between the buying price and the selling price and can fluctuate throughout the day.

3. Another common misconception is that the ft100 is a mirror to how well British industry is doing, not true as about 70% of companies are foreign owned, the ft250 is a better market for that..some decent dividends to.

Hope that helps some.

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:36 pm

SWC, I very much agree with your comments with regards to shares. However, FX is a very different animal with no long term expected return on offer. Buying a diverse portfolio of shares should yield a positive return if you are willing to hold them for long enough. However, this is not true for FX. So I would caution CFS getting involved in trading FX.

However, I would also caution too much focus on dividend yield as a measure of value for shares as every time a company pays a dividend it's shares, in theory, are marked down by the same amount. So if a stock is valued at 100p and pays a 10p dividend (10% yield) you should ultimately be left with a stock worth 90p and 10p of cash = 100p. In theory an investor could generate the same outcome by simply selling 10% of their portfolio, although accepting that dealing costs and tax issues also have an influence. Dividend policies are also discretionary and yields can be manipulated in the short term by overpaying, although the market will quickly see through this. Also, what if a company has no yield because it doesn't pay a dividend. This does not mean it is worthless.

Much better to value companies on fundamental metrics such as earnings multiples, free cash flow yields or price to book. Of course, determining the correct valuation requires a view of future growth prospects for the various metrics, which can only be achieved through detailed understanding and modelling of companies. Even then, there is a high probability you will still be wrong. If you aren't able to do this confidently then it is much better to invest in a basket of stocks to diversify the risk.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:32 pm

For some reason I've never been tempted to look at FX trading so I can't comment on it.

In recent years I've used the "day" of the ex- dividend date to very good effect in making money weather its before or after it has gone exdivi.

For example if the market is on the rise then the expected drop in SP the day after sometimes does not happen and the price keeps rising, a good one for that this year was Chesnara.

Another approach is to buy in after the results and take advantage of the rising price to ex-divi day (which usually happens) and then sell on the eve giving a capital gain.

One more ploy is to buy after the share has gone ex-divi and then drops and wait for the price to creep back up again (assuming that it's a solid company).

All good fun when it works :)

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:12 am

Talking to a friend who does trade FX last night and his view is that it's not worth trading at the moment until we know what the outcome is on the Europe question.

aggi
Been Liked: 2117 times

Post by aggi » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:33 pm

I received this from Nutmeg today which some may find interesting:

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:23 pm

South West Claret. wrote:Talking to a friend who does trade FX last night and his view is that it's not worth trading at the moment until we know what the outcome is on the Europe question.
The whole Brexit issue is giving rise to increased FX volatility which is helpful for traders, albeit calling which way it will move next is still a coin toss, which means I still wouldn't bother trying.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:40 am

Just to add that trading online can be a lonely experience but contributing to a bulletin board/forum like this can be beneficial, with a caveat that there can also be a downside in that rampers and derampers can try spoil any serious debate.

Having said that as you get more experienced you do spot the suspects, here are some links to some popular sites.

http://www.iii.co.uk/shares/open-account-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://uk.advfn.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.moneyam.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to contribute you have to register just like on here.
Last edited by South West Claret. on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32410 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:44 am

UpTheBeehole wrote:The Hargreaves of Hargreaves Lansdown is from Clitheroe. Net worth of £2.3bn.

Garlick should be onto him if we want a rich investor.
I think we might have missed out on Lansdown though :D

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:41 am

The 3 links now live.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:51 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:I don't know why I bother at times tbh. I was in 2 minds whether to put the link up because I just knew I could count on utc to slag it off. Cricketfield is a big boy and I'm sure he can make up his own mind.
Hi gff. Someone called me after registring. Talked me through the process and all seemed straightforward and low risk. Asked them what their benefit to this was and they get a comission from the trader which is fair enough. I told them that my aim was to learn the ropes and not get rich over night which they too said was a good approach and they are happy with. They then started telling me all about it and how theyre taking traders to vegas etc and how when (not if) I do well they would want me to work for them. (Not something I have an ambition for, but sounds like its a good way to learn trading).

Then followed that I had to commit £1,000 by Saturday. This was Tuesday. When I told them I wouldnt be prepared to do that they got a bit pushy and suggested 500. So i reiterated that my ambition was to learn the ropes rather than try and mske lots of money straight away.

He said he would add me to a whatsapp group and send me all the registration details for the 8 hour beginners course on saturday. Never received anything.

Sorry this isnt a slight on you jist letting you know how i got on after registring.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Hi mate. I will message them today and tell them. They are very busy so and sometimes they do miss things and I have to message them personally more than once but once youre in the groups you're fine. I am seeing them Saturday so I will Deffo get it sorted for you that. I only started with 500 and had the same mindset as you and I upped it to 1000 after a few months. Can you remember the name of the person you spoke to? If not no bother. Cheers.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:33 pm

No sorry it was last tuesday and forgot. He said i would be trading with mark travis if that helps. And the lad i spoke to used to be a window fitter if that helps hahaha

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:33 pm

South West Claret. wrote:Just to add that trading online can be a lonely experience but contributing to a bulletin board/forum like this can be beneficial, with a caveat that there can also be a downside in that rampers and derampers can try spoil any serious debate.

Having said that as you get more experienced you do spot the suspects, here are some links to some popular sites.

http://www.iii.co.uk/shares/open-account-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://uk.advfn.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.moneyam.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to contribute you have to register just like on here.
Also if your intelligent enough to realise that you may well be able to manage your own finances successfully then you need not spend very much to achieve being a successful trader...certainly nowhere near 500 or a 1000.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:52 pm

[*]
cricketfieldclarets wrote:No sorry it was last tuesday and forgot. He said i would be trading with mark travis if that helps. And the lad i spoke to used to be a window fitter if that helps hahaha

They said if I pm them your details (mob no) they will ring you today mate. And the minimum is 500 as we only risk 1 per cent of our capital per trade. So to keep risk to reward in our favour. You can trade with smaller amounts but it would not be suitable for this style of trading

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:00 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Anyone on here trade online?

I have invested little bits before without really studying or paying much attention to it and invested bit into a few SAYE schemes which were no brainers. But wanting to get into 'proper' trading a little more.

Anyone a company they would or wouldnt recommend using? I did register with Hargreaves Lansdowne before but havent actually used them yet. So any feedback on these or similar would be appreciated.

Understand (most of) the risks and accept I could lose as well as win. So will just be investing small, affordable amounts initially. Aim is not to get rich overnight but more to hopefully make money over a long term and also as a hobby / interest.

A few companies and industries I would probably focus on initially, not because I have any information specifically other than an interest and knowledge in and of them.

Thanks in advance.
I have a HL free account, where you only pay dealing costs; my approach is to buy shares and leave them there, basically for ever, unless I need the capital for something else or have some other powerful reason to sell.

The problem I have with trading in shares, as opposed to simply holding them, is that I'm up against professionals who are better at it than I am. So to beat the market, I need to be lucky. By buying and holding shares, I will in theory go where the market goes.

I buy major companies (Vodafone, Lloyds, Bovis, Taylor Wimpey, BP, BSkyB, that sort of thing) because they're less volatile.

aggi
Been Liked: 2117 times

Post by aggi » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:22 pm

dsr wrote:I have a HL free account, where you only pay dealing costs; my approach is to buy shares and leave them there, basically for ever, unless I need the capital for something else or have some other powerful reason to sell.

The problem I have with trading in shares, as opposed to simply holding them, is that I'm up against professionals who are better at it than I am. So to beat the market, I need to be lucky. By buying and holding shares, I will in theory go where the market goes.

I buy major companies (Vodafone, Lloyds, Bovis, Taylor Wimpey, BP, BSkyB, that sort of thing) because they're less volatile.
Out of curiosity dsr, why don't you buy trackers if that is your intention?

I agree that, unless you have a lot of free time to keep updated on the market, it is difficult to keep up with those who trade for a living.

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:25 pm

aggi wrote:Out of curiosity dsr, why don't you buy trackers if that is your intention?
Fees, essentially. I like to keep all my dividends. And I like to make my own decisions what to buy. I reckon long term investment purchases are easier to judge than short term.

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:06 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Hi gff. Someone called me after registring. Talked me through the process and all seemed straightforward and low risk. Asked them what their benefit to this was and they get a comission from the trader which is fair enough. I told them that my aim was to learn the ropes and not get rich over night which they too said was a good approach and they are happy with. They then started telling me all about it and how theyre taking traders to vegas etc and how when (not if) I do well they would want me to work for them. (Not something I have an ambition for, but sounds like its a good way to learn trading).

Then followed that I had to commit £1,000 by Saturday. This was Tuesday. When I told them I wouldnt be prepared to do that they got a bit pushy and suggested 500. So i reiterated that my ambition was to learn the ropes rather than try and mske lots of money straight away.

He said he would add me to a whatsapp group and send me all the registration details for the 8 hour beginners course on saturday. Never received anything.

Sorry this isnt a slight on you jist letting you know how i got on after registring.
And that is exactly why you should steer clear of this nonsense!!
These 2 users liked this post: South West Claret. levraiclaret

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Spot on KT1.
This user liked this post: levraiclaret

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Yep. Agree. If there was no pressure and they did what they said - followed up with the information they promised, I may have followed it through. But wary (with good reason). Even though they clearly stated that they make their commission from the traders they work with - which is fair enough. Surely if its such a great system then they would let you trial at your own pace etc.

GFF No issue with you by the way.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:57 am

Tyre kicker!!!!

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:21 am

tim_noone wrote:Tyre kicker!!!!
:lol: :lol: wish id not been tyre kicking on that bet tonight. Wouldve had a nice cashout.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:31 am

Last edited by If it be your will on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:38 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Yep. Agree. If there was no pressure and they did what they said - followed up with the information they promised, I may have followed it through. But wary (with good reason). Even though they clearly stated that they make their commission from the traders they work with - which is fair enough. Surely if its such a great system then they would let you trial at your own pace etc.

GFF No issue with you by the way.

That's fair enough. Each to their own. I was skeptical at first, but they are genuine in my opinion. It isn't a system it is an education and tbh had they have not added me to the groups at first like you I'd be thinking the same. They did and I'm glad they did. Good luck with your quest mate.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:56 am

I received an email this morning offering a free Forex training course from the site below.

Has anyone heard of this one at all?

http://www.learntotradethemarket.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When ever I receive or research a W/S the 1st thing I want to know is where is their physical address... with an offer if there isn't one I usually bin them.

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:31 pm

South West Claret. wrote:I received an email this morning offering a free Forex training course from the site below.

Has anyone heard of this one at all?

http://www.learntotradethemarket.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When ever I receive or research a W/S the 1st thing I want to know is where is their physical address... with an offer if there isn't one I usually bin them.
I can confirm that they are located in La La Land!

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Really? the link came from the Guardian... I wonder if they know.

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Browsing through this post, I saw Topclaret mention Sirriuos (sxx mining). Around 3 months ago my daughter in law was going to buy them and suggested I should consider buying them, at the time 15p. Presently they're about 33p and she expects them to go upto 75p, once the deposits start coming out of the ground. Looks like you made a good choice there Topclaret.

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Browsing through this post, I saw Topclaret mention Sirriuos (sxx mining). Around 3 months ago my daughter in law was going to buy them and suggested I should consider buying them, at the time 15p. Presently they're about 33p and she expects them to go upto 75p, once the deposits start coming out of the ground. Looks like you made a good choice there Topclaret.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:38 pm

Bfc wrote:Browsing through this post, I saw Topclaret mention Sirriuos (sxx mining). Around 3 months ago my daughter in law was going to buy them and suggested I should consider buying them, at the time 15p. Presently they're about 33p and she expects them to go upto 75p, once the deposits start coming out of the ground. Looks like you made a good choice there Topclaret.
Met up with an old school friend Saturday who I haven't seen since we left over 15 years ago.

Turns out he is a very succesful stock broker. He always was a smart cookie with numbers. Anyway thought I would just let you know he mentioned Sirrious straight away to me.

He also said he should have but didnt invest in Boohoo when they were at 20p. However he did say he would have cashed out way before they grew as big as they did - he is relatively risk averse he says.

He mentioned one or two others too. Think he made quite a bit off go outdoors .