I actually think Labour are going to win this

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Re: I actually think Labour are going to win this

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:28 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:They also said no election. They also said no privatisation of the NHS. They also said no snooper's charter.
If you believe the Tories on this then you're gullible in the extreme.
I understand the need for the election.

NHS - who started the privatisation, Labour or the Tories?
Labour didn't stop working being sent out to private hospitals where NHS Doctors also worked during their last reign in charge.

Snoopers Charter - They've been snooping for years, that much should be obvious.

Dom
Been Liked: 327 times
Has Liked: 218 times

Post by Dom » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:31 am

Sidney1st wrote:I understand the need for the election.

Labour didn't stop working being sent out to private hospitals where NHS Doctors also worked during their last reign in charge.

Snoopers Charter - They've been snooping for years, that much should be obvious.
It's not about who started the privatisation Sidney, it's making sure it doesn't go any further than it already is!
The NHS needs proper funding, I am happy to pay more taxes if it needs it, to make sure that one of the best things about living in the UK is properly provisioned and protected.
Last edited by Dom on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:33 am

Sidney1st wrote:I understand the need for the election.

I understand the need for it too, but it doesn't change the fact she either lied or changed her mind.
It doesn't matter who started it, the Tories said they wouldn't continue with the privatisation. How that going?
And it doesn't matter if they've been snooping for years, in the 2015 elections they said they wouldn't persue the snooper's charter, and then within hours of their majority being confirmed Theresa May was on TV saying she was reviving it.

These people are liars and if you trust them with your rights after leaving the EU then you'll deserve it when the betray that trust too. Because they will.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:39 am

Dom wrote:It's not about who started the privatisation Sidney, it's making sure it doesn't go any further than it already is!
The NHS needs proper funding, I am happy to pay more taxes if it needs it, to make sure that one of the best things about living in the UK is properly provisioned and protected.
Neither party has really tried to stop the privatisation though and it's only ever the Tories who seem to get beaten round the head with it on here.

It actually needs a root and branch reform to deal with it properly, but the 2 main political parties would rather kick it about like a football instead of dealing with it.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:40 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:I understand the need for it too, but it doesn't change the fact she either lied or changed her mind.
It doesn't matter who started it, the Tories said they wouldn't continue with the privatisation. How that going?
And it doesn't matter if they've been snooping for years, in the 2015 elections they said they wouldn't persue the snooper's charter, and then within hours of their majority being confirmed Theresa May was on TV saying she was reviving it.

These people are liars and if you trust them with your rights after leaving the EU then you'll deserve it when the betray that trust too. Because they will.
Oh no, someone changed their mind, shock horror.

Labour did little to stop the privatisation when they were in charge.

What's the issue with reviving it in light of recent attacks?

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:42 am

You're still doing the 'but labour...' thing Sidney
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Dom
Been Liked: 327 times
Has Liked: 218 times

Post by Dom » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:42 am

Sidney1st wrote:Neither party has really tried to stop the privatisation though and it's only ever the Tories who seem to get beaten round the head with it on here.

It actually needs a root and branch reform to deal with it properly, but the 2 main political parties would rather kick it about like a football instead of dealing with it.
Labour have stated in their manifesto that privatisation will be reversed and they'll spend more money on the NHS. That seems to me like that they want to deal with it.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:44 am

UpTheBeehole wrote:You're still doing the 'but labour...' thing Sidney
I know, it's only fair when people just bash the Tories for stuff Labour have also been guilty of doing.

I like to think of a balanced view.

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:45 am

Up to press, Labour have privatised more of the NHS than the subsequent coalition then Tory governments combined.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:45 am

Dom wrote:Labour have stated in their manifesto that privatisation will be reversed and they'll spend more money on the NHS. That seems to me like that they want to deal with it.
With a bit of luck they will, but it depends if they're going to clear out the deadwood and crap top level management etc.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:50 am

Caballo wrote:Up to press, Labour have privatised more of the NHS than the subsequent coalition then Tory governments combined.
That's probably true, which goes towards showing that New Labour was not left-wing.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:51 am

What deadwood is this Sidney? You make out like you're an expert on NHS management, yet your input always sounds exactly like the editorial stance of the Daily Mail. It's all the same soundbites about NHS waste

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:59 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:That's probably true, which goes towards showing that New Labour was not left-wing.
Very true

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:00 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:That's probably true, which goes towards showing that New Labour was not left-wing.
Blair's New Labour was a Conservative party in disguise. Corby's Labour is a very different beast with most Labour MP's not believing in his policies but prepared to shut up to get elected and stay in a job.
This user liked this post: BleedingClaret

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:05 am

LoveCurryPies wrote:Blair's New Labour was a Conservative party in disguise. Corby's Labour is a very different beast with most Labour MP's not believing in his policies but prepared to shut up to get elected and stay in a job.
I can agree with that. But to have an actual left-wing Labour party it there was always going to be some kicking and screaming. It's about time we had a left-wing party worth voting for again and if these people can't get on board with the party's direction then there's an abundance of right-wing or centrists they can vote for or support.

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:08 am

Sidney1st wrote:The Tories have also said all current EU legislation will be enshrined into UK legislation/law...
That's an interesting one. They have said that, but there is also the option to amend it before it is enshrined into UK legislation. However, it appears that these amendments won't go through Parliament for approval as legislation normally would so it is a bit unclear as to what will actually be enshrined into UK legislation and who will have approved it.

More details here https://publiclawforeveryone.com/2017/0 ... -thoughts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SammyBoy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 434 times

Post by SammyBoy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:13 am

Slightly off topic but was it necessary for Blair to take "New Labour" so far into the centre ground (or to the right dependent on your view) for them to get elected in '97? I was very young but I've read the Tories were in disarray at the time with allegations of corruption and sleaze destroying their public image, and eventually were a minority government. It might not have been the 160+ seat landslide but couldn't Blair have afforded to have been more left wing, and still won?

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:15 am

UpTheBeehole wrote:What deadwood is this Sidney? You make out like you're an expert on NHS management, yet your input always sounds exactly like the editorial stance of the Daily Mail. It's all the same soundbites about NHS waste
There has to be some.

The NHS is given a budget that they sit there and work out, then agree too.
Then all we hear year after year is how they can't run within their budgets, that they agreed too.

If a business can't operate within a budget that it's agreed too then who's fault is it?

Instead of chopping out unneccesary jobs from the NHS the senior managers target frontline staff, it's clearly easier.
They then pay over the odds for agency staff who were probably originally NHS staff in the first place.

It's a shambles in areas and I don't need to quote any particular editorial to get the point across.

The general public also need to take a long hard look at themselves and maybe question some of the reasons they visit A&E.
I've seen idiots in there for very basic reasons that don't need a visit to their GP, nevermind a hospital.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:16 am

Ah but by still having Labour in their party name, it's enough for people to associate them with any Labour party.

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2034 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:18 am

SammyBoy wrote:allegations of corruption and sleaze destroying their public image
Are you talking about 1997 or 2017?
This user liked this post: SammyBoy

SammyBoy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 434 times

Post by SammyBoy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:19 am

Foshiznik wrote:Are you talking about 1997 or 2017?
Well, some things never change :D
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:21 am

Sidney1st wrote:Ah but by still having Labour in their party name, it's enough for people to associate them with any Labour party.
True, but then when you get more information and start to learn the context of things you paint a clearer picture of the situation and can identify the differences between Labour then and Labour now.

If your opinion on something depends on having less information than is available then your opinion isn't much good.
These 3 users liked this post: SammyBoy Sidney1st Foshiznik

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:22 am

Sidney1st wrote:There has to be some.

Then all we hear year after year is how they can't run within their budgets, that they agreed too.

If a business can't operate within a budget that it's agreed too then who's fault is it?

Instead of chopping out unneccesary jobs from the NHS the senior managers target frontline staff, it's clearly easier.
They then pay over the odds for agency staff who were probably originally NHS staff in the first place.

It's a shambles in areas and I don't need to quote any particular editorial to get the point across.

The general public also need to take a long hard look at themselves and maybe question some of the reasons they visit A&E.
I've seen idiots in there for very basic reasons that don't need a visit to their GP, nevermind a hospital.

The NHS don't agree to a budget, it's dictated to them. They're told how much they have to spend. Do you really think the NHS have been agreeing to cut their own funding all these years?

Foshiznik
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:25 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:The NHS don't agree to a budget, it's dictated to them. They're told how much they have to spend. Do you really think the NHS have been agreeing to cut their own funding all these years?

To add, they also have restrictions on what certain money can be spent on, particularly in terms of wages, and staffing numbers. It's the same with all public sector funding.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:26 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:The NHS don't agree to a budget, it's dictated to them. They're told how much they have to spend. Do you really think the NHS have been agreeing to cut their own funding all these years?
Probably not, but I also think it's probably quite bloated in some areas when it doesn't need to be.

It's apparently been underfunded for years, but it's probably not that efficient in what it does either.

Like I said the public need to take some responsibility for how it is now.

If you knew you were going to end up with the bill if you got so drunk you needed an ambulance would you still get that drunk?
Same if you attend A & E for something that didn't actually need a hospital visit.

The NHS need major work doing to it, not just more money poured into it, because throwing money at it won't resolve all the issues.

You can apply the same to the Army, Local government etc.
Last edited by Sidney1st on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:26 am

Sidney1st wrote:There has to be some.

Foshiznik

Post by Foshiznik » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:33 am

Sidney1st wrote:Probably not, but I also think it's probably quite bloated in some areas when it doesn't need to be.

It's apparently been underfunded for years, but it's probably not that efficient in what it does either.

Like I said the public need to take some responsibility for how it is now.

If you knew you were going to end up with the bill if you got so drunk you needed an ambulance would you still get that drunk?
Same if you attend A & E for something that didn't actually need a hospital visit.

The NHS need major work doing to it, not just more money poured into it, because throwing money at it won't resolve all the issues.

You can apply the same to the Army, Local government etc.
Everyone can agree on that. The amount spent by the governmental departments on agency staff to cover shortages for example would make your eyes water.

The best thing to do with the NHS is massive reform, building a new NHS from the ground up, but politicians are too worried about doing that as it will be political suicide if it fails.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:35 am

Sidney1st wrote:Same if you attend A & E for something that didn't actually need a hospital visit.
If you ring 111 nowadays, they tell you to go to urgent care. For pretty much everything.
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:36 am

Fear has certainly taken hold in some people, but I have to wonder how Corbyn and Labour have engendered this in you. Let's be honest here. The 'Comrade Jezzer' and 'it will be a disaster' isn't something you've come up with yourselves after perusing the Labour manifesto. You are parrotting the attacks by the Tories and their media. You are doing the work of very rich men who don't want things to change.
These 5 users liked this post: Imploding Turtle If it be your will UpTheBeehole Foshiznik Greenmile

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:41 am

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/co ... g-on-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:41 am

UpTheBeehole wrote:If you ring 111 nowadays, they tell you to go to urgent care. For pretty much everything.
Possibly for fear of giving the wrong information out leading to further issues or death.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:42 am

Sidney1st wrote:Possibly for fear of giving the wrong information out leading to further issues or death.

I believe death is also on the list of symptoms for which they refer you to urgent care.
These 3 users liked this post: Foshiznik Sidney1st Rick_Muller

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Darthlaw wrote:I understand what you're saying but the downsides for the EU go far beyond logistics. Unfortunately I have to play the automotive card here but it's probably the most important one. BMW, AUDI, Mercedes, VW, Skoda, Seat, Peugeot, Citroen, Renault, etc, etc all have European workers who would lose jobs should sales fall as a result of a 'no deal' and 10% WTO tariffs. In their place we could see more Cadillac, Buick, Lincoln and all the other US manufacturers which Trump will be desperate to push at lower prices. You have to ask will the EU really hang the UK out to dry at the cost of all the jobs for their own people? If they would, is that really the type of organisation we should be desperate to stay entangled with?

Take Germany specifically - 14% of their cars are sold to the UK. Can their automotive industry sustain a massive impact in sales to the UK? Is Angela really going to nobble her own people just to stick the knife on us?

In terms of May's stance, it's similar to certain parties of the EU who seek to Punish the EU or say its going to be costly for the UK. It's all posturing and hot air from both sides but unfortunately in such a public negotiation all parties need to be seen as initially having the stronger hand.

Finally, to draw a comparison with your house buying example, It's like you need to sell a house for £1,000,000. One party who needs a house turns up and says they like the house, they do need a house, but they're willing to walk away and look at others if you're silly with your price. The next interested party chip up and explain they need the house and will definitely strike a deal with you. Which would you feel you had the stronger hand against?
The pain in the automotive sector is shared between multiple countries, even though Germany takes the main hit, on one side though whereas in the UK pretty much the whole industry would be gone (the majority of the UK plants are using components/materials from the EU, that wouldn't be feasible on a no deal basis).

There are much more fundamental issues with the no deal though, having no electricity in parts of the country as membership of the IEM ceases meaning that the electricity imported from France and the Netherlands stops.

I guess the house buying analogy depends on your viewpoint. I'd view it more as we've been renting a house and are now looking to buy it. The other houses that may become available aren't in the area or available yet. Rather than negotiating to keep a roof over our head, maybe rent a while longer whilst negotiating we've gone with "If we don't like the price we'll live on the streets and see what happens".

The whole "no deal" thing is as meaningless a soundbite as "brexit means brexit", it will never come to pass and all of the parties involved in the negotiation know that.
This user liked this post: quoonbeatz

hampsteadclaret
Been Liked: 1110 times
Has Liked: 802 times

Post by hampsteadclaret » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Why was my thread and fatboy's thread padlocked earlier?

Were they really the most contentious Politics posts on here in the last five weeks..I don't think so.

I can take or leave the Politics stuff myself, but it passes time while we wait for the new football season.

Just as well the Politics threads were on here in recent weeks, or this forum would have seized up.

Check the number of views/clicks...thousands and thousands of them - someone is interested.

Not a single football thread should have been hindered by anything else that is posted on here - there is room for all sorts of posting, it is one of the strengths of this forum.

There really is a limit to how much discussion we can have on here about Burnley FC transfer speculation, and what SD'S next club might be.
- at this time of year there is inevitably less football chat...so there is room for other stuff.

So why was I padlocked? - read it, it's still there. I have been against censorship all my life, and that includes on here.

Pathetic moderating...I couldn't care less if you ban me.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:22 pm

AndrewJB wrote:Fear has certainly taken hold in some people, but I have to wonder how Corbyn and Labour have engendered this in you. Let's be honest here. The 'Comrade Jezzer' and 'it will be a disaster' isn't something you've come up with yourselves after perusing the Labour manifesto. You are parrotting the attacks by the Tories and their media. You are doing the work of very rich men who don't want things to change.
Best post all week

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:34 pm

AndrewJB wrote:Fear has certainly taken hold in some people, but I have to wonder how Corbyn and Labour have engendered this in you. Let's be honest here. The 'Comrade Jezzer' and 'it will be a disaster' isn't something you've come up with yourselves after perusing the Labour manifesto. You are parrotting the attacks by the Tories and their media. You are doing the work of very rich men who don't want things to change.
That's a fairly wild assumption. I've made my own mind up. Based on the fact the Labour party is so divided with their most incompetent MPs in the most important positions and, therefore, the most talented ones are in the background. And because I don't think there's any realistic possibility of them delivering and/or funding their manifesto proposals without causing serious harm to the economy. I accept that people won't agree with this but nothing other than Labour proving me wrong in government will change my mind. It's quite arrogant to think that Tory supporters are judging Labour based only on what's in the media/Tory attacks, but Labour supporters have made well-informed judgements based solely on the manifestos.
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

Guich
Been Liked: 472 times
Has Liked: 598 times

Post by Guich » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:45 pm

I think that's rather patronizing Andrew. I bet most people have their opinion of JC based on the campaigns he has waged over the past 40 years and his appointment of seriously unsuitable candidates to the top shadow positions, because they agree with him.

The biggest and most credible attacks on Corbyn have come not from the Tories or the media but from his Labour colleagues. Alan Johnson, who I respect very much, called JC 'incompetent, incapable and useless' but I don't take that as indisputable fact.

People aren't as stupid as you think.

taio

Post by taio » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:49 pm

What the IFS has said today sums up my primary concern about Labour's manifesto:

“They can’t raise the £50bn they say they would raise just from the increases that they say, so you can’t raise that amount of money just by taxing companies and a little bit on the rich...It absolutely doesn’t add up.”
He added: “In the short run you might be able to get quite a lot of it – whilst you couldn’t get the £50bn, in the short run you might get £30bn or £40bn and that is quite a lot, but in the long run, again you would probably be reducing investment.”

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:17 pm

taio wrote:What the IFS has said today sums up my primary concern about Labour's manifesto:

“They can’t raise the £50bn they say they would raise just from the increases that they say, so you can’t raise that amount of money just by taxing companies and a little bit on the rich...It absolutely doesn’t add up.”
He added: “In the short run you might be able to get quite a lot of it – whilst you couldn’t get the £50bn, in the short run you might get £30bn or £40bn and that is quite a lot, but in the long run, again you would probably be reducing investment.”
Luckily for Corbyn and the Labour party, most people have had enough of experts now.

Or maybe they've only had enough of them when it suits them...

taio

Post by taio » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:26 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote:Luckily for Corbyn and the Labour party, most people have had enough of experts now.

Or maybe they've only had enough of them when it suits them...
How do you know what most people think? The IFS by the way are very credible and worth listening to.
This user liked this post: JohnMcGreal

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by Firthy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:38 pm

So after reading through everything, most of which went over my head, who's going to win ??

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:43 pm

66% of muslims would NOT inform the police of potential terrorism.

https://www.asian-voice.com/News/UK/66- ... r-tip-offs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VOTE LABOUR

IF YOU WANT A TERRORIST AS A NEIGHBOUR.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:45 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:66% of muslims would NOT inform the police of potential terrorism.

https://www.asian-voice.com/News/UK/66- ... r-tip-offs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VOTE LABOUR

London has a Muslim mayor. Is he a terrorist sympathiser?

taio

Post by taio » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:48 pm

Spijed wrote:London has a Muslim mayor. Is he a terrorist sympathiser?
No.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:50 pm

No I don't think Khan is a sympathiser, he's just unfortunate that he can be linked to one of them due to how he innocently choses to spend his free time doing things he enjoys.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:55 pm

taio wrote:How do you know what most people think? The IFS by the way are very credible and worth listening to.
It was a slightly tongue in cheek comment based on the derision that institutions like the IFS received before the EU referendum last year. They were 'scaremongers' back then, remember?

Totally agree about them being credible and worth listening to.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:58 pm

Spijed wrote:London has a Muslim mayor. Is he a terrorist sympathiser?

Labour has a leader. He is.

Ptangyangkipperbang
Been Liked: 200 times
Has Liked: 274 times

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:05 pm

14/1 for a Labour victory at the moment or maybe a more realistic bet 11/2 for no overall majority

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Post by Greenmile » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:66% of muslims would NOT inform the police of potential terrorism.

VOTE LABOUR

I suspect you preferred the original slogan, which came from the same kind of mindset.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Guich wrote:I think that's rather patronizing Andrew. I bet most people have their opinion of JC based on the campaigns he has waged over the past 40 years and his appointment of seriously unsuitable candidates to the top shadow positions, because they agree with him.

The biggest and most credible attacks on Corbyn have come not from the Tories or the media but from his Labour colleagues. Alan Johnson, who I respect very much, called JC 'incompetent, incapable and useless' but I don't take that as indisputable fact.

People aren't as stupid as you think.
I based what I wrote on what I've seen on here and other social media. It may well be that people have drawn their own conclusions - though his entry into the original leadership race was greeted with a lot of: "Jeremy who?" However I also believe that it is unlikely that on the day most of the tabloids commit significant column inches to attacking not the Labour manifesto or policies but Corbyn himself, it is too much of a coincidence that people venture onto social media repeating the same things.