Claret Incoming Rumours

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ExistentialWanderer
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Re: Claret Incoming Rumours

Post by ExistentialWanderer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:36 pm

KRBFC wrote:All gone quiet at the minute, we are probably weaker than last year as it stands. We are a striker, centre half and winger away Imo. Quite happy with the signings of Cork and Taylor, Cork makes little sense because he's quite similar to Westwood but he's a good player. Walters signing to play games is a mystery to me, hes taking up a place in the squad outwide and upfront, both positions need further strengthening. Walters will be fourth choice striker and 4th choice winger if we sign another winger and a striker for the first 11. Hes basically left the bench at Stoke to sit on it here unless Walters is seen as one of the striker/winger signings, if so then its totally underwhelming.
If you say things often enough you start to believe it. Thankfully we have several weeks left.

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:04 pm

KRBFC wrote:All gone quiet at the minute, we are probably weaker than last year as it stands. We are a striker, centre half and winger away Imo. Quite happy with the signings of Cork and Taylor, Cork makes little sense because he's quite similar to Westwood but he's a good player. Walters signing to play games is a mystery to me, hes taking up a place in the squad outwide and upfront, both positions need further strengthening. Walters will be fourth choice striker and 4th choice winger if we sign another winger and a striker for the first 11. Hes basically left the bench at Stoke to sit on it here unless Walters is seen as one of the striker/winger signings, if so then its totally underwhelming.
its only worth judging Garlick's signing when the window slams shut!

We all want more but I am happy with the signings so far.Walters as something different at £2m rising to £3m is a good deal.

No-one can argue that the Cork and Taylor signings are very good indeed

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:05 pm

My Palace mate thought that £8m is fair for McArthur who he tells me played a more advanced role towards the end of last season

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1154 times
Has Liked: 1053 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:09 pm

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:10 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:I think the signings make sense IF Dyche wants to be more flexible. The new players will certainly help out in a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-2-1 (I`ll keep pushing it!). The effectiveness though is HUGELY dependent (in my opinion) on Gray and especially Defour being made central to our style of play.

We shall see but a couple more signings (a `3rd` centre half is a must) will see us reet IF Dyche releases the shackles against teams outside of the Top 10 at least.
The 451 worked with Vokes as the Target and the midfield, especially Hendrick & Defour buzzing up around him include JBG and Brady in that with Tarks (Better in the Dier role than Centre Half IMO) sat behind them and I can see it, but Gray is nowhere in that, Walters takes JBGs place if ineffective and Barnes takes over from a tired Vokes

in 4321 maybe Gray as the 1 with 2 from Vokes Walters & Barnes, but then I can't see Defour in your 3 which has Hendrick central and Brady with JBG if performing and or fit, if not maybe Taylor Takes that birth whilst Ward is still a competent LB.

I can only see Defour & Gray fitting into a 442 but does Defour keep out Westwood and Cork and does Gray edge any of Vokes Barnes or Walters?

Good News is we've 16 or 17 players I want on the pitch, good problem to have.

I'm going for the untried 33631
.......................Heaton.....................
..........Long..........Mee ..........Ward.............
Lowton................Tarks ...................Taylor
Brady.. Defour.. Hendrick.. Cork.. Westwood.. JBG
.........Barnes.... Vokes.....Walters .................
.......................Gray..........................

I want Marney in there too...............

Subs:
Keeper - Pope
Full Back TD
CB - Anderson
Midfield - Arfield - O'Neil - Ulvestad
Forwards - Agyei - C Long

We've had worse Squads
This user liked this post: HiroshimaClaret

Jambounchained
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Jambounchained » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:10 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:Image
No they haven't.

claretdom
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by claretdom » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:11 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:I think the signings make sense IF Dyche wants to be more flexible. The new players will certainly help out in a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-2-1 (I`ll keep pushing it!). The effectiveness though is HUGELY dependent (in my opinion) on Gray and especially Defour being made central to our style of play.

We shall see but a couple more signings (a `3rd` centre half is a must) will see us reet IF Dyche releases the shackles against teams outside of the Top 10 at least.

Good point IF Dyche releases the shackles as you put it we might stay up........

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:24 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:We shall see but a couple more signings (a `3rd` centre half is a must) will see us reet IF Dyche releases the shackles against teams outside of the Top 10 at least.
How dare you

We are lucky to even have a football team to support, never mind a premier league one.

Why are you wanting us to move forward and evolve?
No one else in the league will, it will be the same easy ride as it was last time.

17th has to be the aim everytime, but for Mr Dyche and our board, we would be playing league 1 football.
This user liked this post: HiroshimaClaret

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7178 times

Post by Quicknick » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Having 17th as 'the aim every time' depends how long we stay at this level. Let's say we've stayed up eight years. Would you still be saying this?

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Quicknick wrote:Having 17th as 'the aim every time' depends how long we stay at this level. Let's say we've stayed up eight years. Would you still be saying this?
I`m hoping and presuming Macca had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7178 times

Post by Quicknick » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Now I've read it again, he probably had.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:45 pm

ExistentialWanderer wrote:If you say things often enough you start to believe it. Thankfully we have several weeks left.
I gave my opinion on the transfer window, I said I was happy so far, we just need a few more and as you say, we have plenty of time left. The Walters signing for me is strange because where is he going to play? Not because he's a bad player. If we brought in a first choice striker like we all want this would be the probable striker list in order....

1. New striker
2. Gray
3.Vokes
4. Walters
5. Barnes
6. Agyei

Would Barnes be happy as 5th choice? With 6 strikers to fill 2 spots and the stubborn Dyche he rarely rotates without reason, how much game time would the bottom 3 get? Agyei was our 4th choice last year, would Walters be happy with the same amount or game time as Agyei? I doubt it.

Newty
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Newty » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:50 pm

BleedingClaret wrote: I'm going for the untried 33631
.......................Heaton.....................
..........Long..........Mee ..........Ward.............
Lowton................Tarks ...................Taylor
Brady.. Defour.. Hendrick.. Cork.. Westwood.. JBG
.........Barnes.... Vokes.....Walters .................
.......................Gray..........................
We'd still lose away to West Brom :cry:
These 2 users liked this post: BleedingClaret addisclaret

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:51 pm

there'll be inevitable injuries, plenty time for new players to lay claim for regular selection if they prove themselves.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Quicknick wrote:Now I've read it again, he probably had.
I Absolutely had.

There seems to be a real problem on here regarding a middle ground.

The doom mongers have us down, theres no way out unless we start all over again, and question 99% of decisions made in a negative manner.

The robots have seem to have a problem with trying to move forward, and believe some sort of God like miracle is happening, with the first sign of change resulting in the world ending.

BleedingClaret

Post by BleedingClaret » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Newty wrote:We'd still lose away to West Brom :cry:
yeah but not by 4
This user liked this post: claretblue

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Walters will be starting. I guarantee it.

burnley007
Been Liked: 640 times
Has Liked: 671 times

Post by burnley007 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:55 pm

It's all been positive so far.
I'm happy with our progress.

Stevebfc40
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Stevebfc40 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Phil Bardsley.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6744 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:22 pm

KRBFC wrote:I gave my opinion on the transfer window, I said I was happy so far, we just need a few more and as you say, we have plenty of time left. The Walters signing for me is strange because where is he going to play? Not because he's a bad player. If we brought in a first choice striker like we all want this would be the probable striker list in order....

1. New striker
2. Gray
3.Vokes
4. Walters
5. Barnes
6. Agyei

Would Barnes be happy as 5th choice? With 6 strikers to fill 2 spots and the stubborn Dyche he rarely rotates without reason, how much game time would the bottom 3 get? Agyei was our 4th choice last year, would Walters be happy with the same amount or game time as Agyei? I doubt it.
I can't see us buying another striker unless we sell one, so an expensive replacement if Gray goes. No change to your order above.
Walters is likely to be on the bench in my opinion, a versatile substitute.
Agyei may still get a loan out, as may Chris Long.
So I can see us starting with what we have now, but hopefully another central defender to come in.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1448 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:44 pm

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:Walters will be starting. I guarantee it.
The big question is where. He has the workrate to play up top, with a 5 man midfield.
He can play alongside or just off a partner.
He can play wide, although if he ended up putting in Boyds shift I'd be disappointed for him.
All our Irish guys are going to be up this season with a chance of a World Cup places dangling for them.

KRBFC list has Vokes above Barnes but when both were available SD regularly went Barnes.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:26 pm

boatshed bill wrote:I can't see us buying another striker unless we sell one, so an expensive replacement if Gray goes. No change to your order above.
Walters is likely to be on the bench in my opinion, a versatile substitute.
Agyei may still get a loan out, as may Chris Long.
So I can see us starting with what we have now, but hopefully another central defender to come in.
Walters main reason for coming here was to play games though. I think we need a link forward and I think the signing of Walters could potentially put an end to us signing one which is why I see the signing a strange one. Hes a decent player, possibly he will play wide but then that could put an end to a pacey man out wide.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2829 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:32 pm

KRBFC wrote:Walters main reason for coming here was to play games though. I think we need a link forward and I think the signing of Walters could potentially put an end to us signing one which is why I see the signing a strange one. Hes a decent player, possibly he will play wide but then that could put an end to a pacey man out wide.
I think it was as much about gaining an extra year's contractual certainty as it was about playing games, but either way it is a long old season and there's plenty of scope for him to play plenty, either out wide or up front, even if we do sign another pacey winger. And all the noises coming out of the club are that another wide player is very much on the agenda.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6744 times

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:49 pm

KRBFC wrote:Walters main reason for coming here was to play games though. I think we need a link forward and I think the signing of Walters could potentially put an end to us signing one which is why I see the signing a strange one. Hes a decent player, possibly he will play wide but then that could put an end to a pacey man out wide.
Slightly different; he chose to leave Stoke (apparently) due to his lack of game time. I doubt he'd have been promised a place in the starting line up, SD isn't like that.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3605 times

Post by DCWat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:54 pm

claretspice wrote:I think it was as much about gaining an extra year's contractual certainty as it was about playing games, but either way it is a long old season and there's plenty of scope for him to play plenty, either out wide or up front, even if we do sign another pacey winger. And all the noises coming out of the club are that another wide player is very much on the agenda.
What noises are these from the club, Spice? I've not heard much about potential wingers, but agree 100% that we need one.

piston broke

Post by piston broke » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:04 pm

claretspice wrote:I think it was as much about gaining an extra year's contractual certainty as it was about playing games.
world cup season and all our irishmen will be up for playing.
even though he was born in liverpool!

Formerbfcmanager
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by Formerbfcmanager » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Subs:
Keeper - Pope
Full Back TD
CB - Anderson

We've had worse Squads[/quote]

I'd be worried if Anderson is our back up CB. I've seen him play 30ish games for Chesterfield and he'll probably do pretty well in L2, or L1 at a push, but no higher.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2829 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:25 pm

DCWat wrote:What noises are these from the club, Spice? I've not heard much about potential wingers, but agree 100% that we need one.
Boden has been stating that his information is a winger and a defender are the priorities. They may not share the precise targets with him, but they're unlikely to completely hang him out to dry. And actually, Nixon has also implied that a winger is at the top of our priority list.
This user liked this post: DCWat

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8707 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:03 am

George Boyd?

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:22 am

We haven't even spent half the Keane money so I'm hoping a pacey winger and CB is the absolute minimum we'll sign before the season starts. TBH I can't see us signing much more, possibly another striker and RB to replace Darikwa.

RoystonVasey
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by RoystonVasey » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Burnley in surprise move for a fullback according to Nixon. No names mentioned. Probably in his paper tomorrow.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:07 pm

Gonzalo Escalante

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8707 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:30 am

Bardsley can now appear on here.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:43 am

Fabian society

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/22/bu ... r-marquee/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Conroy92
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:57 am

Think Delph could be class for us.
Imagine a 4-5-1

Heaton
Lowton New/Tarks Mee Taylor/Ward
Cork Delph
Walters/JBG Hendrick/Defour Brady
Gray/New

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:59 am

I'd be delighted if Delph arrived but I think the competition for his signature would be fierce - a couple of clubs are rumoured to be already sniffing around him who have a proven record in the top flight and could blow us out of the water with the deals they would be willing to offer.

Bardsley I have always thought could well return at some point later in his career ever since his time here seemed to be such a good fit back in the sands of time. Naturally I thought it would be as the player started to drop down the league, as I didn't even dare dream we could offer Premiership football. Though this link could be more a case of our sudden and I'm not entirely convinced not overstated connection to Stoke than anything we're actually trying to get done.
Last edited by elwaclaret on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:59 am

Conroy92 wrote:Think Delph could be class for us.
Imagine a 4-5-1

Heaton
Lowton New/Tarks Mee Taylor/Ward
Cork Delph
Walters/JBG Hendrick/Defour Brady
Gray/New
I thought delph was signing for stoke this week ?

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Quicknick wrote:That Bony article: creative journalism.
Hope this is! :?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40699312" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Claretpants
Been Liked: 75 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Post by Claretpants » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Sky reporting WBA main target is Smalling at Utd which could free up Dawson to us?

Il Duce
Been Liked: 71 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Il Duce » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:33 pm

Every other day WBA are linked with a centre back. Can only hope it makes Dawson available

claretlegend
Been Liked: 108 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by claretlegend » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:56 pm

Isn't Dawson their usual right back?

Il Duce
Been Liked: 71 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Il Duce » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:57 pm

Well yeah but the speculation that Dawson wants to leave came from him saying he wanted to play centre back. If they sign more centre backs then his chances will be even more limited.

EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 499 times

Post by EarbyClaret » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:59 am

Sam Clucas linked with a move to Newcastle for £4m - with the signing of Cork and indications that Defour likely to stay not a priority position but always rated him and assumed he would cost more than that (which he may in the end) - if we've got the financial flexibility to think about long-term squad building in addition to immediate needs then would hope he's on our radar at least.

piston broke

Post by piston broke » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:47 am

Defour, Cork,Hendrick and Westwood are no age in football terms. Marney to comeback later. I think we are sorted for CM.

BleedingClaret

Post by BleedingClaret » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:35 am

Formerbfcmanager wrote:Subs:
Keeper - Pope
Full Back TD
CB - Anderson

We've had worse Squads
I'd be worried if Anderson is our back up CB. I've seen him play 30ish games for Chesterfield and he'll probably do pretty well in L2, or L1 at a push, but no higher.[/quote]

Yes I have to agree, I remember him in a pre season game at Accy Stanley, no pace and no positional sense were a bad combination that day.

Goalposts
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Goalposts » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Boro have bid 4.5m for jota from Brentford

lucs86
Been Liked: 177 times
Has Liked: 631 times

Post by lucs86 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:08 pm

We need to get outbidding then. I want us to get this guy just so Boro don't.

Commy
Been Liked: 464 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Commy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:09 pm

According to Nixon Brentford want 8 mil and he wants Premier. Might have changed his mind on that though with the start they have made.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:26 pm

They won't sell to a championship rival.

IndigoLake
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 833 times

Post by IndigoLake » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:26 pm

8mil for Jota is an absolute bargain. He'd be a brilliant signing.