Claret Incoming Rumours

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
northernpowerhouse
Been Liked: 87 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Re: Claret Incoming Rumours

Post by northernpowerhouse » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:01 pm

I reckon Dyche would play Walters as a defensive winger similar to Boyd or Arfield. I don't think he'd be replacing Vokes or Barnes.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:01 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:If we bought Walters and sold either Barnes or Vokes then WE WOULD be relegated without doubt and it would be a seriously stupid move.
Of course we would, you see, that's exactly how football works.

On the other hand, that's a seriously stupid post.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3803 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:02 pm

northernpowerhouse wrote:I reckon Dyche would play Walters as a defensive winger similar to Boyd or Arfield. I don't think he'd be replacing Vokes or Barnes.
Shudder

Deardeary
Been Liked: 31 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Deardeary » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:05 pm

It always amazes me just how many premier league managers out there read and contribute to threads on this site, I mean on this thread alone there must be at least a dozen!
This user liked this post: BennyD

LaLigaClaret
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by LaLigaClaret » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Which still makes my point a million times more logical than your nonsense. Do you seriously think that posters wouldn't go ballistic if we sold Vokes or Barnes and instead signed Walters as a direct replacement. Dyche would be rightly lambasted even if he is the Burnley manager. It would be absolutely ridiculous and the fact you can't see it makes me wonder if you understand anything about football. I don't give a monkey's doo-dah what you think on this matter just go back to playing Championship Manager the 2001 edition on the Spectrum as that is about your level of knowledge.

Claret&Green
Been Liked: 53 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Claret&Green » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:09 pm

claretblue wrote:Edam!
randomclaret2 wrote:Adam
Mala591 wrote:Blacklaw

This isn't Adeola Friday you guys :lol:
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Stockbrokerbelt
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 137 times

Post by Stockbrokerbelt » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:07 pm

:x Sorry just more stories floated in the press to fill a few pages, we get rid of Boyd at 31 hence the 1 year deal & sign a 33 year old on a 3 year deal :roll: I work with several Stoke season ticket holders & they says it's not true.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:53 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:Which still makes my point a million times more logical than your nonsense. Do you seriously think that posters wouldn't go ballistic if we sold Vokes or Barnes and instead signed Walters as a direct replacement. Dyche would be rightly lambasted even if he is the Burnley manager. It would be absolutely ridiculous and the fact you can't see it makes me wonder if you understand anything about football. I don't give a monkey's doo-dah what you think on this matter just go back to playing Championship Manager the 2001 edition on the Spectrum as that is about your level of knowledge.
Posters may go ballistic, the nodders and dribblers like you obviously would and if that was the scenario that played out I'd say they'd maybe have just cause.

However, that simply hasn't happened and yet again we see a huge over reaction to nothing other than a link. We may sign Walters, we may not, we may keep Gray or sign a star replacement for Gray, who knows?

The thing is, some fans look at everything in isolation. If signing Walters is at the direct expense of signing other players by all means shout and scream about. If however he's one of a number of signings this summer, which is far more likely, then let's look at what we have when the season starts and when the window closes and cast judgement then.
This user liked this post: taio

starting_11
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by starting_11 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:42 pm

BennyD wrote:I don't have to explain why I didn't justify your post. If Walters is good enough for SD then he is good enough for me despite what you say. When you have SDs management record, THEN I'll listen to you. Until then, as far as I'm concerned, your opinion is worth two tenths of the square-root of f*ck all.
It'll still be above yours.

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:20 pm

In your opinion which is, again, worth f*ck all.

LaLigaClaret

Post by LaLigaClaret » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Poor BennyD you are really clueless so I will explain it to you in easy stages.

Walters wants regular starting football having played only 13 times last season. He would only come to us if he thought he would get regular playing time. We have our leading goal scorer from last season Vokes. We have Gray who is in the last year of his contract and wants to leave. We have Barnes who scared Prem defenders to death last season. We don't have a 4th striker ready to step up in regular contention at the standard we need. Walters doesn't fit the 4th Striker model because he wants regular football.

Walters does not score much and certainly wouldn't replace Vokes. So we have Gray and Barnes to consider when seeing how he would fit in. A replacement for Gray ? Ha ! Ha! This doesn't need explanation as it couldn't possibly be justified at any level. A replacement for Barnes ? Hmmm now it starts to get interesting because Barnes was subject to speculation about clubs wanting him and likely to be subject to a bid. Barnes would be valued at a higher value than Walters not only because he offers more as a player but is younger and is not in the last year of his contract.

So there is the possibility that the idea could be Walters in and Barnes out because we would make money on the deal. The question is would you prefer the slowing Walters at age 33 who doesn't play regularly or the physical Barnes who terrorises defenders and done a great job for us. The thing is that would leave us Vokes, Walters and the likely to depart Gray who would then need replacing and we still wouldn't have the 4th striker we need. So I don't see why we are bidding on Walters unless he will be happy to be 4th striker, unlikely in my opinion or to replace Gray, unlikely in my opinion or to replace Barnes. If Barnes is the choice then I don't think fans would be particularly happy and it would be very unfair on him and frankly I don't think Walters would give us anything above what Barnes offers. I still stick by my belief that it would be a very poor outcome for us.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:47 pm

2/10√FuckAll = ?

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:51 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:Posters may go ballistic, the nodders and dribblers like you obviously would and if that was the scenario that played out I'd say they'd maybe have just cause.

However, that simply hasn't happened and yet again we see a huge over reaction to nothing other than a link. We may sign Walters, we may not, we may keep Gray or sign a star replacement for Gray, who knows?

The thing is, some fans look at everything in isolation. If signing Walters is at the direct expense of signing other players by all means shout and scream about. If however he's one of a number of signings this summer, which is far more likely, then let's look at what we have when the season starts and when the window closes and cast judgement then.
This is absolutely spot on, but unfortunately some people don't have the capacity to understand this or they are just trying to find problems before they exist. It's best to save strong views until we have the full picture rather than odd pieces of a jigsaw.

ablueclaret
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by ablueclaret » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Then just don't contribute to threads like this, go and sleep in a corner somewhere until the time is right.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:53 pm

ablueclaret wrote:Then just don't contribute to threads like this, go and sleep in a corner somewhere until the time is right.
I'll contribute to what I choose especially to your inane rubbish. You should have taken your own advice, but I see you went back on that.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Guich wrote:I'd be very keen on a Gray swap with Shane Long. More pace and more control.
And less goals.

ablueclaret
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by ablueclaret » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Touchy taio in need of a holiday

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by Firthy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:28 pm

Rumour: there is more incoming irrelevant shite to be spouted on these threads :)

randomclaret2

Post by randomclaret2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Haha!..let's hope so Firthy !

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Heard Dyche has decided he's only going to target players he knows posters on this messageboard won't rate.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:19 pm

Makes sense.

Its what I'd do, just for shits and giggles

Goobs
Been Liked: 1467 times
Has Liked: 997 times

Post by Goobs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:26 pm

All this with Walters reminds me of the types of posts we were seeing when we were "about to sign" Kevin Davies and Dean Whitehead.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:45 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Makes sense.

Its what I'd do, just for shits and giggles
Yeh you can tell he has no real interest in progressing the club any further just by the types of players the tabloids are linking us with.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:41 pm

I've heard that we are re-signing one of these two (why's that man in the background got a black cotton bud sticking out of his ear?)

Source - Lancaster's twitter thingy

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1156 times
Has Liked: 1068 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:56 pm

Chancel Mbemba Mangulu From Newcastle coming in to replace Keane

randomclaret2

Post by randomclaret2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:16 pm

" Look Juke....just score me a goal, 1 goal, just one goal.......watch what Ingsy does and you do the same....….please ?"

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:22 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:Chancel Mbemba Mangulu From Newcastle coming in to replace Keane
Foreign and ex-Anderlecht. He'll get subbed after an hour, no matter how well he's playing.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:28 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:Poor BennyD you are really clueless so I will explain it to you in easy stages.

Walters wants regular starting football having played only 13 times last season. He would only come to us if he thought he would get regular playing time. We have our leading goal scorer from last season Vokes. We have Gray who is in the last year of his contract and wants to leave. We have Barnes who scared Prem defenders to death last season. We don't have a 4th striker ready to step up in regular contention at the standard we need. Walters doesn't fit the 4th Striker model because he wants regular football.

Walters does not score much and certainly wouldn't replace Vokes. So we have Gray and Barnes to consider when seeing how he would fit in. A replacement for Gray ? Ha ! Ha! This doesn't need explanation as it couldn't possibly be justified at any level. A replacement for Barnes ? Hmmm now it starts to get interesting because Barnes was subject to speculation about clubs wanting him and likely to be subject to a bid. Barnes would be valued at a higher value than Walters not only because he offers more as a player but is younger and is not in the last year of his contract.

So there is the possibility that the idea could be Walters in and Barnes out because we would make money on the deal. The question is would you prefer the slowing Walters at age 33 who doesn't play regularly or the physical Barnes who terrorises defenders and done a great job for us. The thing is that would leave us Vokes, Walters and the likely to depart Gray who would then need replacing and we still wouldn't have the 4th striker we need. So I don't see why we are bidding on Walters unless he will be happy to be 4th striker, unlikely in my opinion or to replace Gray, unlikely in my opinion or to replace Barnes. If Barnes is the choice then I don't think fans would be particularly happy and it would be very unfair on him and frankly I don't think Walters would give us anything above what Barnes offers. I still stick by my belief that it would be a very poor outcome for us.

hark at this arrogant condescending **** !
This user liked this post: BennyD

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:30 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:2/10√FuckAll = ?
Well if that's a mathematical equation, the answer is "a big number"
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by Firthy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:34 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:Chancel Mbemba Mangulu From Newcastle coming in to replace Keane
You just made that one up :o :shock: :roll:

Zesty
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Zesty » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:36 pm

Mbemba would be a quality signing I can't see Newcastle letting him go though.

LaLigaClaret

Post by LaLigaClaret » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:00 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:hark at this arrogant condescending **** !
So you think I am an arrogant condescending **** well your entitled to an opinion however I would point out that if you actually read my messages on the points I raised I think you will find that I was subjected to just personal abuse but no actual sensible answer in response. I then sought to clarify in very simple terms what my points for debate were.

You then decided to launch into personal abuse as in your quote above. I would be more than happy to consider or debate any counter points you wanted to counter mine with but you obviously lack the mental capacity to do that do that so instead resorted to plain abuse.

Here's the thing you see I don't think that you are an arrogant condescending **** because you have clearly demonstrated quite ably to every poster and reader on this board that that by just using personal abuse in fact you ARE an arrogant condescending ****. So job well done.

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:03 am

Not sure whether it's hidden on thread, so sorry in advance but possible rumour for Pontus Jansonn.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

bartons baggage
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 541 times

Post by bartons baggage » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:48 am

ashtonlongsider wrote:Not sure whether it's hidden on thread, so sorry in advance but possible rumour for Pontus Jansonn.
Ha ha them salty Leeds fans would go into meltdown. :lol:
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

Jeremy_Bentham
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 78 times

Post by Jeremy_Bentham » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:36 am

. heard a rumour that there was a possibility of Burnley looking at Lois Diony from Dijon. The person who told him this has been right and wrong before about rumours but is somewhat connected to the club.

He is informed that the player is more of a Barnes type forward than a Gray, but he is apparently quite tricky with the ball at his feet for a man of his size. . can't confirm or deny this as he'd never even heard of him, let alone see him play.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:40 am

Pontus "Yellow Card" Jansonn?

He'd have to calm down a bit (ok, a lot) to play in the prem, but he is a good defender.

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:49 am

. wrote:. heard a rumour that there was a possibility of Burnley looking at Lois Diony from Dijon. The person who told him this has been right and wrong before about rumours but is somewhat connected to the club.

He is informed that the player is more of a Barnes type forward than a Gray, but he is apparently quite tricky with the ball at his feet for a man of his size. . can't confirm or deny this as he'd never even heard of him, let alone see him play.
Dibraidio has no idea if Jeremy Bentham is talking out of his anal sphincter but the 24 year old striker he mentioned from Dijon who scored 11 goals in D1 last season is available for 7 to 8 million euros according to the French press. Birmingham City are reported to be interested and were following flight trackers a few days ago to see which direction he was heading in after flying out of Bordeaux. Bournemouth and Brighton are also rumoured to be interested.

Walt
Been Liked: 113 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Walt » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:24 am

Di ony player from France I've seen us linked with so far
These 2 users liked this post: lucs86 HiroshimaClaret

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:29 am

Walt wrote:Di ony player frgom France I've seen us linked with so far
Immediate ban for that Walt. Shocking pun!
This user liked this post: Walt

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:40 am

LaLigaClaret wrote:Poor BennyD you are really clueless so I will explain it to you in easy stages.

That's all very interesting, but what's the point of it? Nowhere have I said we should, or shouldn't, buy Walters or, if we do, how we use him. All I said was that if SD thinks he will improve our team, I'm fully behind him as we all should be. Until you have a record of managing a Premier League team, not an Internet team, then I will listen to you. Until then, all you've got is an opinion and a condescending attitude which makes you look like a bit of a kn0b.

Jeremy_Bentham
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 78 times

Post by Jeremy_Bentham » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:41 am

dibraidio wrote:Dibraidio has no idea if Jeremy Bentham is talking out of his anal sphincter but the 24 year old striker he mentioned from Dijon who scored 11 goals in D1 last season is available for 7 to 8 million euros according to the French press. Birmingham City are reported to be interested and were following flight trackers a few days ago to see which direction he was heading in after flying out of Bordeaux. Bournemouth and Brighton are also rumoured to be interested.
. may well have been misinformed. He got the information from the same source who told him Dyche was going to be appointed a few days before he was. However this same source has also been wide of the mark on a couple of transfers he's told him about.

Conroy92
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:37 pm

There's a rumour on one of the Burnley Facebook pages about Crystal Palace and Burnley both being in for Van Persie who wants to move back to the prem. It credits the guardian for the rumour. Probably ******** but would push the boat out for him!

bartons baggage
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 541 times

Post by bartons baggage » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:38 pm

ashtonlongsider wrote:Not sure whether it's hidden on thread, so sorry in advance but possible rumour for Pontus Jansonn.
It's 100% bull.
A mate of mine knows the twitter account sportsmole and he asked him to put something out there to wind up the Leeds fans.

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Conroy92 wrote:There's a rumour on one of the Burnley Facebook pages about Crystal Palace and Burnley both being in for Van Persie who wants to move back to the prem. It credits the guardian for the rumour. Probably ******** but would push the boat out for him!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:56 pm

think van persie reference was originally in the Guardian, obvious nonsense, but it wasnt just some mischievous claret just making it up at least.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:57 pm

There's more chance of van morrison signing.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Jota from Brentford. Fingers crossed.

randomclaret2

Post by randomclaret2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:06 pm

We need a bit of a spark up front, so the big Dutch lad, Van dergraafgenerator , might be worth a shout...

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Why do so many people from Burnley like Van der Graff Generator? Abysmal.

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:20 pm

Sorry, that will probably be classified as musical snobbery.