Harry Arter

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Slurpy
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Harry Arter

Post by Slurpy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Very brave of Harry to open up like this, worth a read.
https://theplayerstribune.com/harry-art ... daughters/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 3 users liked this post: The Enclosure Andy J Juan Tanamera

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Re: Harry Arter

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Welling up after having read that. Having two young kids (my wife also had an early miscarriage in between our rugrats) I have an inkling of the suffering but CAN`T comprehend THAT level of loss. It is an horrific part of every day life, of course, but if ever sympathy and empathy are taken away from us (we ARE becoming desensitised through 24-hour VISUAL news cycles), then humanity will enter a very dark phase indeed.

Thoughts and prayers with everyone in the world.
These 2 users liked this post: Slurpy mkmel

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:20 pm

What a very courageous man, just goes to show that footballers are still human beings.

Nice to hear of so many people in the game actually careing for him, and acknowledge what he was going through, even if they didn't know him.

Very complimentry to us, and just goes to show what impact a bit of compassion or respect can do for a persons feelings.
Doubt he will ever forget the reception he got at the Turf, and I'm almost sure he clapped the home fans to acknowledge the respect shown.

mkmel
Been Liked: 1270 times
Has Liked: 2247 times

Post by mkmel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Just like you Hiroshima my ex had a miscarriage inbetween our two kids so have a bit of an idea about the matter.

I agree with all of your comments in your post and would add that things like this put everything into perspective and Family comes a million miles in front of everything in life.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:05 pm

That link does not work.

BurningBeard
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 158 times

Post by BurningBeard » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:13 pm

It does work. Not for you maybe, but it does work.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4097 times
Has Liked: 6573 times

Post by bobinho » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Yep, just read it. You have to reject the first page offer of another story.

Had me in tears that!

Glad we seem to have helped the lad.

burnmark
Been Liked: 602 times
Has Liked: 477 times

Post by burnmark » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Personally can't read it as it will bring back to many memories. It's the worst pain I have ever felt and not a day goes by when I don't think about my little boy who we lost in similar circumstances.

A very brave man is Harry Arter and one I have the upmost respect for.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:20 pm

Harry Arters story is almost identical to mine although my child was a boy coincidentally named Harry.

I was given a call, raced back from work in Manchester expecting to enter the hospital for the happiest time of my life. I was met at the door to the birthing suite by my heartbroken father in law.

I'd also called my mum, I also had to call and break the news.

The next 48 hours were hell on earth and the weeks and months that followed horrific.

Harry Arter had tremendous support from many people as did we and it is that that gets you though.

Your life changes forever that moment and not for the better.

18 months later we had identical twin girls and I often wonder whether the huge outside chance of identical twin girls is all part of the script.

I'd happily speak to anybody who may ever find themselves in a similar position.
This user liked this post: burnmark