BBC Poll,......A THIRD of Footie Fans Illegally Stream Games

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Guller Bull
Been Liked: 785 times
Has Liked: 1011 times

Re: BBC Poll,......A THIRD of Footie Fans Illegally Stream Games

Post by Guller Bull » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:07 pm

cheers Chuckypad - I'll get it sorted inthe next couple of weeks!

Cricfree and the like are grand when they are working but it can be bloody frustrating.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3605 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:08 pm

Chuckypad wrote:Hi Guller Bull - If you go to sportsmaniarocks or just google it, all the info is there. It's really clear and simple to get started. There are different subscription lengths, I usually opt for the 6 month period for £26, just in case it gets closed down. I'm not too clued up on any of this tbh so can't advise on the likelihood of it being pulled but just to say I've had it for over a year and only on a couple of occasions have I had any problems.

It is excellent quality...I've watched every Burnley games and ppv boxing event in HD, and I certainly haven't experienced the problems DC Wat and Rileybobs mention. Like you say, I think subscription is close to capacity so the sister site, sportsnation, is the place to go if you struggle. I've heard this is exactly the same in terms of quality.

You can't complain for £1 a week
Do you use a VPN, chuckypad?

Not something I have yet but might consider, especially with the latest focus on live streams.

I just wondered what your experience of one was, if you use it and which one.
This user liked this post: Chuckypad

Chuckypad
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 274 times

Post by Chuckypad » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:15 pm

DCWat wrote:Do you use a VPN, chuckypad?

Not something I have yet but might consider, especially with the latest focus on live streams.

I just wondered what your experience of one was, if you use it and which one.
I don't know what a VPN is!!! Ha!

I did download something when sportsmania was playing up over Christmas, where I changed my status from Britain to Germany....is this a VPN?

Having said that, sportsmania mentioned the problem was due to over subscription and demand on the servers.

I do have a fibre unlimited so I don't know if this helps but, like I say, I haven't had any problems other than being 'kicked off' every now and again. I just click on the link again and it works fine. People often experience problems at peak times, like for PPV boxing events, but I haven't really noticed this. I was on holiday, in Spain, for the recent Kell Brook fight and watched every second of it, uninterrupted, in HD.

I might just have got lucky with it as some posters on here say it's hit and miss but others, like cutsy for example, think it's ace.
This user liked this post: DCWat

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Anything (within reason) that undermines Murdoch can only be very good news imho.

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:18 pm

The Premier league are so reliant on TV for the mega cash they draw there is no way that people will continue to be allowed to have the freedom to stream live matches. I'm surprised they have not clamped down on it before now, maybe the legalities and practicalities are not straight forward to stop it, but they will.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:52 pm

No they won't.

dushanbe
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by dushanbe » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:00 pm

South West Claret. wrote:No they won't.
Correct, they will embrace it. As has already been said, if you get the right product at the right price and delivered conveniently, people will abandon 'pirate' sources and pay for content.

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:51 pm

I would willingly pay for if the price was Right, however I do not want to be watching Weeds or Manpoo every other game, if I am sat at home in my own living room with a telly that I paid 5 or £600 for I do not want to be paying £40 a month to be watching my team being shown live once every 2 months, if I wanted to travel to an away game and it cost me £70 I would gladly accept that, but I wouldn't pay it to watch any team but Burnley and that includes England.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:04 pm

With most of this digital satellite football business all that football fans have got to do is stop supporting the Murdochs of this world financially, trouble is most of them have more money then sense, are under educated, addicted, lazy or just don't care.

moaninclaret
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by moaninclaret » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:11 pm

if anyone is thinking of subscribing to sportsmania or indeed its sister site which new subscribers will probably be sent to, purchase an amazon fire box, dont bother with the firestick they dont work half as well. the fire box is around £80 from argos, granted its twice as much as the stick but loads better, works a treat with sportsmania and should you miss our games live, there is sports on demand section which allows you to watch the game a couple of hours after its over(just in case your late back from the pub lol) as chuckypad mentioned in the thread above, thanks chuckypad. Just hope sportsmania keeps afloat as its a brilliant site, maybe then the greedy sky and bt people might stop fleecing customers for extortionate fees.

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:20 pm

Effectively, yet indirectly, Sky are to blame for the third of footy fans watching it on illegal streams. Man Utd fans must have doubled since android boxes came out