Kodi experts out there

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
troubleatmexico
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Kodi experts out there

Post by troubleatmexico » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:07 am

Bought a machine over the weekend - Android Abox with Krypton 17.1 Clueless on all the "build" info to be honest but I've got Sportsdevil and UK Turks but nothing works at all apart from 5 seconds of BBC News. Everything is downloaded but nothing connects, even after applying updates. Bandwith shouldn't be a problem.

Better to watch stuff on the laptop is the way I'm viewing the box/Kodi at the moment.

Any help mucho appreciated.

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1155 times
Has Liked: 1068 times

Re: Kodi experts out there

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:12 am

Krypton 17.3 is the latest version, update to this first.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:15 am

There will be plenty on here that'll be able to give you some technical direction but if you've got 17.1 downloaded, try to download the wookie build (brings with it more options for viewing).

Whether that will sort the connection problem, I'm not sure but might be worth a try.
This user liked this post: troubleatmexico

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 am

Is it connected ok to the broadband router, seems strange if you can get something for 5 seconds, then what happens, wouldn't be an expert but have android box connected, desktop and laptop, can run them all through telly, just make sure you update to 17.3 and see what happens then, mind you if the updates are updating then you must be connected, loads of good info on Youtube that is where I started my journey with Kodi.

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:35 am

Install Kodi 17.3 on Android Box Launch Android TV Box

Go to Applications Select Settings Select Security Scroll down to Unknown Sources and tap on it to activate If you try to enable this setting, you will get a pop-up alert message on the screen. After reading the message, tap on OK button. Make sure, you agree to their terms and conditions. Go back to Android Box home screen and locate your browser. If it is not available on the Android TV home screen, it must be available under Applications Select Browser Once the browser is opened,

click on the address bar and type the URL as http://kodi.tv/download" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and search for it You are now directed to the official Kodi download page. Scroll down the page and select your Operating System (OS) as Android. You can see a Android icon on that page. Click on it Now, a new window appears on the screen where you can download the latest version of Kodi.

There, you can find two source of downloads like Releases and Nightly Under Releases, select ARMv7A(32BIT) Once you tap on the apk file, your download starts automatically where you can see the status of your download in the notification bar If the download does not start automatically, tap on Click here link on the Kodi 17.3 Download page Scroll down your Android Box notification and tap on the downloaded file

Then, select INSTALL button at the bottom right corner of the Kodi 17.3 Krypton installation page Once the installation process completes, select Open to launch the new Kodi 17.3 For the very first time, Kodi 17.3 takes some time to prepare and load. Please wait. Once completed, you will see a Kodi 17.3 Krypton home screen on your Android Box.

troubleatmexico

Post by troubleatmexico » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:40 am

Thanks y'all. I'll work through Agent's instructions and let you know. I've used some of the youtube video so far. There's also a lag with the remote for the box, should have bought a bloody keyboard.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:54 am

Which box did you get? A keyboard or at least a remote with a keyboard on it definitely makes it a bit easier :)

troubleatmexico

Post by troubleatmexico » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:57 am

It's from a company called GooBang doo..cheap one tbh. Amazon Prime Day and all that. You get what you pay for I guess. Remote is pretty basic and I would have definitely have bought the keyboard if i knew the frustrations.

troubleatmexico

Post by troubleatmexico » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:08 am

Downloaded and I had to get out of my vpn to speed things up. I thought that might be the issue but just tried UK Turks and nothing is loading (takes a while also). Things are better though with more channels loading. That's all I'm after tbh.

I'm going to try and find the Wookie build I think. Cheers everyone.
This user liked this post: DCWat

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 am

troubleatmexico wrote:Bought a machine over the weekend - Android Abox with Krypton 17.1 Clueless on all the "build" info to be honest but I've got Sportsdevil and UK Turks but nothing works at all apart from 5 seconds of BBC News. Everything is downloaded but nothing connects, even after applying updates. Bandwith shouldn't be a problem.

Better to watch stuff on the laptop is the way I'm viewing the box/Kodi at the moment.

Any help mucho appreciated.
Why do people persist with shite like sportsdevil. Get sportsmania
These 2 users liked this post: bartons baggage Sonic

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 am

Get maverick 10 pounds a month iptv service you get full package including box office all premier league games wether there on sky or not also full sky package movies , sports , music channels
These 2 users liked this post: Bertiebeehead Mansfield-Claret

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:39 am

I thought UK Turks had closed down, I may be wrong though.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:53 am

JohnMac wrote:I thought UK Turks had closed down, I may be wrong though.
UK Turks has stopped working on mine .

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:54 am

I would do a reset to your box and start clean.

You have instructions to do that above.

When you are at the point of starting again. If you want sports then Sportsmania/Ultimatemania or ManiaHD are the places you should be going to - there is a cost for this though around £50-75 a year depending on your package (the highest package gives you most of the Sky channels - movies etc where as the £50 one gives you all the sport you could ever need)

Your box will have come with what is called a 'build' on it. Do not put a build on your box... keep it lean, keep it clean and you will get less problems as the more stuff you have on, the more memory it sucks up etc.

You can get free sports repos (these are the packages you install that allow you to connect up to a stream) but towards the back end of the season, lots of streams were being closed down. Even sportsmania and other mania services were affected but because you pay, you had support and they worked out how to overcome the issues to minimise the impact. If you choose free streams for next season, be mindful you are likely to get what you pay for.

In terms of other content - Covenant is the new exodus which has a good selection of tv shows and movies to view. This is free.

You do not need anything else really unless you have something really specific you want to watch which isnt on these services.

Overall Kodi has come in for a lot of stick in last few months because of these loaded boxes making it so easy for people to get into it. There is a war with the providers of this content so expect from time to time there will be issues. Its really why you should learn how to install and remove things from your box as at some point you will need to do it.

You tube and google are your friends for this.
This user liked this post: Sonic

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 2939 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:58 am

joey13 wrote:UK Turks has stopped working on mine .
It needs reinstalling from a repo but still there and working fine again.

http://bestforkodi.com/install-uk-turk- ... ddon-repo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: joey13

steve_f
Been Liked: 192 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by steve_f » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:07 am

You might need to hardwire to your router if possible, or use powerline adaptors. The boxes run so much better if they are not relying on a wifi connection. I use ares wizard to download the addons as it is simple to use. Google install ares project and follow in structions. A tip also is to change your skin within kodi to confluence, this makes kodi a much simpler syster to use.
This user liked this post: gawthorpe_view

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:06 am

troubleatmexico wrote:Downloaded and I had to get out of my vpn to speed things up. I thought that might be the issue but just tried UK Turks and nothing is loading (takes a while also). Things are better though with more channels loading. That's all I'm after tbh.

I'm going to try and find the Wookie build I think. Cheers everyone.
Wookie Build

Install instructions:

Select from the submenu under SYSTEM, FILE MANAGER
Double click on ADD SOURCE
Enter http://wiz.wookiespmc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and click DONE
Enter the name Wookie and click on OK
Go to HOME and select SYSTEM
Select ADDONS
Select INSTALL FROM ZIP
Select the red icon labeled Wookie
Select xbmc-repos
Select english
Select repository.podgod.-X.X.zip
Wait until KODI refreshes all the repositories and
Select install from repository
Select Click me – succumb to the Wookie.zip
Once the addon has been enabled, go to HOME
Go to PROGRAMS
Select Wookie
Select INSTALL WOOKIE
Select the preferred version
The wizard will download and extract the files and if you are on windows will autoclose KODI, If not, unplug the power cable. Plug it in back again and Open KODI, you will have now installed the WOOKIE build troubleatmexico
This user liked this post: BFCmaj

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:42 am

Anybody who is looking for a good Android tv box, these are good @ £29.95 from ebay and they do free click and collect from argos in 2 days, I have bought about 8 without problems, they run in 4K Ultra HD and also 3D if you have the tv.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-MXG-Quad ... SwPK1ZW76H

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:25 pm

clarethomer wrote:I would do a reset to your box and start clean.

When you are at the point of starting again. If you want sports then Sportsmania/Ultimatemania or ManiaHD are the places you should be going to - there is a cost for this though around £50-75 a year depending on your package (the highest package gives you most of the Sky channels - movies etc where as the £50 one gives you all the sport you could ever need)

Your box will have come with what is called a 'build' on it. Do not put a build on your box... keep it lean, keep it clean and you will get less problems as the more stuff you have on, the more memory it sucks up etc.

You can get free sports repos (these are the packages you install that allow you to connect up to a stream) but towards the back end of the season, lots of streams were being closed down. Even sportsmania and other mania services were affected but because you pay, you had support and they worked out how to overcome the issues to minimise the impact. If you choose free streams for next season, be mindful you are likely to get what you pay for.

In terms of other content - Covenant is the new exodus which has a good selection of tv shows and movies to view. This is free.

You do not need anything else really unless you have something really specific you want to watch which isnt on these services.

Overall Kodi has come in for a lot of stick in last few months because of these loaded boxes making it so easy for people to get into it. There is a war with the providers of this content so expect from time to time there will be issues. Its really why you should learn how to install and remove things from your box as at some point you will need to do it.

This is spot on. I'd also do some research into vpns just incase.

troubleatmexico

Post by troubleatmexico » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:14 pm

Thanks again folks. I'm set up with Ipvanish so I'm good there. Confluence is good for the skin although the default one is fine. I'll check out Sportsmania since I know that a lot use it on here. I'll connect the box to the router first though via the ethernet to see if things improve. At present, laptop plus google chromecast can transfer content from the laptop to the screen instantaneously without having to wait forever and a day for kodi to work.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:20 pm

clarethomer wrote:In terms of other content - Covenant is the new exodus which has a good selection of tv shows and movies to view. This is free.

Regarding Exodus, clarethomer... are you now using covenant instead? Exodus is fine for me so just wondering if this is better?

ClaretSam92
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by ClaretSam92 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Just out of curiosity, how did you hear about Covenant taking over from Exodus? My exodus still works fine for now but I have read that it is now unsupported going forward.

firstclaret
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by firstclaret » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Plenty of videos on YouTube. Will be the best thing you've ever bought, when you get it working.

herbatlerbat

Post by herbatlerbat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi guys
I am currently using A1MSN IPTV as a provider on my zgemma h2s can I install maverick as well.

thanks

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:07 pm

I've downloaded covenant but when you open it up there's nothing on the menu headings ??

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Have a look in the add ons, video add ons. Assume it will be added to a buld menu in due course - not sure if there is a way to add it as an icon to existing menus.

burnmark
Been Liked: 602 times
Has Liked: 478 times

Post by burnmark » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:17 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:Anybody who is looking for a good Android tv box, these are good @ £29.95 from ebay and they do free click and collect from argos in 2 days, I have bought about 8 without problems, they run in 4K Ultra HD and also 3D if you have the tv.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-MXG-Quad ... SwPK1ZW76H
Easy enough to get Kodi on Agent? Looking for a box for downstairs tv so that I'm not having to keep moving firestick around the house.

clarethomer

Post by clarethomer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:36 pm

claretandy wrote:I've downloaded covenant but when you open it up there's nothing on the menu headings ??
I am a member of a facebook group for Kodi which is related to sportsmania and picked up on covenant.

For those saying exodus still works, it does but you may notice less streams that work so just because you get a list, they dont always work.

Covenant is where you need to go. You can download it through Ares. Let me know if you need further instructions on this.

When you download covenant and open it.. it will show as empty. You need to exit Kodi. Either through powering off or pulling the power cable out of the box and restarting it. You will find it then works...
Last edited by clarethomer on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:37 pm

DCWat wrote:Have a look in the add ons, video add ons. Assume it will be added to a buld menu in due course - not sure if there is a way to add it as an icon to existing menus.
covenant is there put when i click on it there's no menus inside it i.e videos, tv shows ect.

clarethomer

Post by clarethomer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:40 pm

claretandy wrote:covenant is there put when i click on it there's no menus inside it i.e videos, tv shows ect.
read last para of my last post

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:43 pm

I've just put my first film on through Covenant. It doesn't seem to be as quick to load up etc. as Exodus was but seems to be working.

clarethomer

Post by clarethomer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:47 pm

DCWat wrote:I've just put my first film on through Covenant. It doesn't seem to be as quick to load up etc. as Exodus was but seems to be working.
You mean how long it searches for?

If so, you can alter this somewhere in the settings I believe. Default is 60 secs I think

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Yes and how long it takes to act on a selection. The VPN will presumably impact in part - never quite sure which one to choose!! :)

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 pm

burnmark wrote:Easy enough to get Kodi on Agent? Looking for a box for downstairs tv so that I'm not having to keep moving firestick around the house.
yes on Android tv boxes you can get onto google play and download kodi off the link like it looks like here https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .xbmc.kodi

burnmark
Been Liked: 602 times
Has Liked: 478 times

Post by burnmark » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:19 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:yes on Android tv boxes you can get onto google play and download kodi off the link like it looks like here https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .xbmc.kodi
Cheers. Much easier than firestick then.

troubleatmexico

Post by troubleatmexico » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:00 am

Sorted it with the Wookie build. Thanks Agent.

steve_f

Post by steve_f » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:57 am

To watch the 3.00pm kick offs in hd quality it is best to subscribe to what was sportsmania or sportsnation , now mania hd both run by the same guys, once they have sorted their payment system out. Great addon costs £50/year but you can pay for 1 week to try it for about £5.00. You can also get an android app or watch direct from their website.

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:12 pm

troubleatmexico wrote:Sorted it with the Wookie build. Thanks Agent.
No problem happy to help

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:48 pm

I know next to nothing about my Android box or how Kodi works other than in the last couple of weeks Exodus has stopped working properly. I bought the fully loaded box but I haven't the foggiest idea how it works so now it's going wrong I'm a bit lost.

Edit: I followed some instructions online and downloaded Covenant last night. However it only seemed to have really old or kids programs available??

clarethomer

Post by clarethomer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Falcon wrote:I know next to nothing about my Android box or how Kodi works other than in the last couple of weeks Exodus has stopped working properly. I bought the fully loaded box but I haven't the foggiest idea how it works so now it's going wrong I'm a bit lost.

Edit: I followed some instructions online and downloaded Covenant last night. However it only seemed to have really old or kids programs available??
Something has gone wrong there by the looks of it.

These are the videos to watch if you want covenant.

How to install the Ares wizard..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... q7CEHOj-RY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How to install covenant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynChLoj3n2A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Falcon

steve_f

Post by steve_f » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Check the time and date is set right on your box
This user liked this post: Sonic

steve_f

Post by steve_f » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Also install elysium add on that is really good for movies

karatekid
Been Liked: 1108 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by karatekid » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Is it worth paying for a vpn. If so which one is recommended?

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:57 pm

IP Vanish seemed to be the easiest one for me. Tried Nord VPN but it wouldn't load up on the box.

IP Vanish was already on my box, just needed to pay a subscription and then switch it on before viewing any content.

Don't pay full price though, plenty places offering a fifty percent discount on IP Vanish.

karatekid
Been Liked: 1108 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by karatekid » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Found ipvanish for £45 for a year after conversion from dollars.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:45 am

I can't add anything to kodi or spmc following an enforced clean install last night. I use an Nvidia Shield and Sky Broadband.

Everything works on my Firestick, Laptop and Android Phone so it's an install issue.

At every stage of hitting OK after naming Fusion or Sportsmania I get a banner saying It can't connect to the server.

Unknown Sources is enabled and my Sky Broadband Shield is switched off.

Everything is spelt correctly with no gaps or errors.

HELP , BECAUSE IT IS DRIVING ME MAD!!!!!!!

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:16 am

I am having similar issues...i can get Exodus on Kodi on my tv but cannot now get sportsmania. I can get it on my android phone (Presumably via 4g )but not on .my laptop which works via my router like my kodi box.
I am with virgin media and suspect that they are blocking sportsmedia althogh I do no know this for sure.
Any ideas anyone as i am having to watch sportsmedia on my tv by mirror imaging it through my mobile phone.

Chuckypad
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 274 times

Post by Chuckypad » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:22 am

I can't even access Kodi on the firestick - Do I need to re-install?

Reecey1987

Post by Reecey1987 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:22 am

The Enclosure wrote:I am having similar issues...i can get Exodus on Kodi on my tv but cannot now get sportsmania. I can get it on my android phone (Presumably via 4g )but not on .my laptop which works via my router like my kodi box.
I am with virgin media and suspect that they are blocking sportsmedia althogh I do no know this for sure.
Any ideas anyone as i am having to watch sportsmedia on my tv by mirror imaging it through my mobile phone.
Some isp do block your better using a vpn if you havnt already got one that is

Reecey1987

Post by Reecey1987 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:24 am

Most of the stuff on kodi as stopped working your better off wiping everything off a starting from sctach