Robbie Brady.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
fatboy47
Been Liked: 2320 times
Has Liked: 2696 times

Robbie Brady.

Post by fatboy47 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:54 am

Beginning to look the part.

Had he been born this side of the Irish Sea, would he be a contender for the England team?

I think perhaps he would.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Re: Robbie Brady.

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:57 am

No, he'd probably have found a way to qualify for Ireland ;)
These 4 users liked this post: fatboy47 Sidney1st Buxtonclaret boiledclaret

ablueclaret
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by ablueclaret » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:35 am

Pre season is pre season he has to produce it when it counts.

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:45 am

From sitting behind dyche think he was tactically off it last night. Got called out all game the poor lad.
This user liked this post: Claretprinter

ablueclaret

Post by ablueclaret » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:52 am

If anyone can suck the life blood out of an attacking player SD can.

MDWat
Been Liked: 878 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by MDWat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:06 am

CFS wrote:From sitting behind dyche think he was tactically off it last night. Got called out all game the poor lad.
He got called out once by Dyche in the second half because he kept drifting to the wing rather than tucking in. Brady understood the instruction and gave a thumbs up to Dyche. He was the best player on the pitch by absolutely miles.
This user liked this post: CleggHall

ablueclaret

Post by ablueclaret » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:32 am

That sounded like a remarkably repetitive response dead from the waist up.

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:37 am

Well from browsing the forum this morning you have yet again talked about SD sucking the attacking instincts out of a player, you talk about the Chelsea game being a 'must win' and you have yet another argument with Beamish etc etc repeat ad infinitum.
You are clearly an attention seeking wind up merchant who is fishing for a response.

ablueclaret

Post by ablueclaret » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:44 am

SD's system does take the attacking dimension out of players games, haven't you watched, ask Boyd.
Yes the Chelsea game is one we should be trying to win, we need a quick start.
Sadly Lord Beamish is trying to make Coyote's time on here unpleasant by inferring he is me, so it is necessary that I try to right that wrong. Sadly he'd rather live the lie.

claretdom
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by claretdom » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:46 am

ablueclaret wrote:SD's system does take the attacking dimension out of players games, haven't you watched, ask Boyd.
Yes the Chelsea game is one we should be trying to win, we need a quick start.
Sadly Lord Beamish is trying to make Coyote's time on here unpleasant by inferring he is me, so it is necessary that I try to right that wrong. Sadly he'd rather live the lie.

Yet when we won the championship under this restrictive manager nobody in the division scored more than us

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:51 am

Dyche also made a point of applauding him for the goal and no doubt the attacking play leading up to it.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1881 times
Has Liked: 839 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:58 am

Thought he looked really sharp last night. Cracking first goal including the build up play.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1881 times
Has Liked: 839 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:59 am

claretdom wrote:Yet when we won the championship under this restrictive manager nobody in the division scored more than us
Again why are we letting facts get in the way of arguements!?

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:07 am

ablueclaret wrote:If anyone can suck the life blood out of an attacking player SD can.
I find myself, on many an occasion, agreeing with your sentiments regards the Mighty Clarets, ablueclaret,but comments like this do make it seem that you do it simply for effect sometimes and not to continue a discussion/debate. There really is no need for the above comment at this particular juncture, is there?

I believe you are a big Claret fan, and have as valid an opinion as anyone else on here and as stated before, I find myself in agreement with you regards style of play and a few other issues regularly, but posting stuff like this does, I believe, dilute the quality of your other posts and lead to people, when you post valid stuff, not even bothering reading the content and just abusing you or arguing for the very sake of it.

I think you are better than this, ablueclaret. I look forward to the upcoming season and some good, honest disagreements on here.

mkmel
Been Liked: 1270 times
Has Liked: 2247 times

Post by mkmel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:14 am

Ablue always reminds me of TV 's Victor Meldrew in other words a miserable moaning old man

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2596 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:19 am

claretdom wrote:Yet when we won the championship under this restrictive manager nobody in the division scored more than us
That stat really is ablue's kryptonite.

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:22 am

We also scored some excellent goals last season which were the result of incisive attacking play, but they don't suit ablue's agenda.

ablueclaret

Post by ablueclaret » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:25 am

Indeed I am mkmel.
Hiroshima I to am allowed to say things for effect.
I think most will agree that SD demands things from his players other managers don't in particular what passes for wingers who first duty is defence.
I was brought up in an era when wingers only duty was to attack, all their energy was absorbed in heading for goal, I delighted in James, Best, Thomas Morgan etc they were forces of nature. SD would have tamed them into workhorses, Best would have left.
I realise the game has moved on and players have had to become more adaptable but SD and his framework have changed the role of wingers beyond recognition they are now shovelers.
So I make no apology for saying SD is capable of sucking the attacking potential out of players because it is at the heart of his framework agenda, he puts defence before attack, and he has been successful so doing.
The only players he really allowed freedom where Trippier and Ings and it is no coincidence that it was then that his side played the best football.

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:32 am

ablueclaret wrote:Indeed I am mkmel.
I think most will agree that SD demands things from his players other managers don't in particular what passes for wingers who first duty is defence.
I was brought up in an era when wingers only duty was to attack, all their energy was absorbed in heading for goal, I delighted in James, Best, Thomas Morgan etc they were forces of nature. SD would have tamed them into workhorses, Best would have left.
I realise the game has moved on and players have had to become more adaptable but SD and his framework have changed the role of wingers beyond recognition they are now shovelers.
So I make no apology for saying SD is capable of sucking the attacking potential out of players because it is at the heart of his framework agenda, he puts defence before attack, and he has been successful so doing.
The only players he really allowed freedom where Trippier and Ings and it is no coincidence that it was then that his side played the best football.
I hink

Fair enough, sir, but could I suggest a slight tempering of the frequency. I think Dyche had it spot on with the tactics in our first promotion with him (actually thought he put the brakes on Trippier once the finishing line was in sight). ONE narrow winger I think is the norm nowadays so we have to accept that but I also believe that a line-hugger (which Brady certainly has the ability to be) can prove beneficial.

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:45 am

I do agree that Dyche's main concern is the work ethic and not the attacking intent.

However, I also believe this isn't by choice, more out of necessity.
If he goes for attack and it fails and the defence isn't in the habit of working hard, we lose.
If he goes for defence, or 'framework' which seems to be back as a buzzword this pre-season, when the opportunity to attack arrives hopefully they will take it safe in the knowledge if it doesn't come off we are in the habit of trying to stop the opposition attack.

Not having the defence sorted for pre-season after the sale of Keane could well be crucial.
At the moment we are a defensive team without a proper defence.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:00 pm

ablueclaret wrote: I WAS BROUGHT UP IN AN ERA
times have changed.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3078 times
Has Liked: 5042 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:01 pm

Players take time to bed, some more than others.
When people say the team is weaker through the loss of Keane, they fail to factor that Cork and Walters bring a lot more to the squad than previous, Hendrick is coming to terms with playing in the prem and along with Brady will be a lot better this season than last. I also believe JBG will be a star for us this season, such a shame he got injured, but again he goes into this campaign with experience of the last.
We've a lor more positives than negatives, and we'll still add to it before the window closes, even if the season had already started.

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:52 pm

England? How about Gibraltar?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:56 pm

JTClaret wrote:At the moment we are a defensive team without a proper defence.
Based on what?

Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Ward/Taylor looks like that's what's been planned for for sometime.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32397 times
Has Liked: 5272 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:58 pm

JTClaret wrote:At the moment we are a defensive team without a proper defence.
I bow to your better judgement but it is certainly not something I agree with you on any level.
These 2 users liked this post: Spijed Colburn_Claret

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:01 pm

ablueclaret wrote:Indeed I am mkmel.

SD's framework has changed the role of wingers?
You don't half spout some ********.

Framework agenda?
Preferable to your agenda I suppose.

Now Boyd has left I'm expecting him to become the Messi of the championship, such is your belief he's better than Dyche allegedly let him be.
He can doss down their with Wallace.

As for the best football with Trippier and Ings, we got relegated with them in the team.............

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Braindead wrote:Well from browsing the forum this morning you have yet again talked about SD sucking the attacking instincts out of a player, you talk about the Chelsea game being a 'must win' and you have yet another argument with Beamish etc etc repeat ad infinitum.
You are clearly an attention seeking wind up merchant who is fishing for a response.
He's a Trampurn third division pr!ck. Ignore him

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:14 pm

piston broke wrote:times have changed.
He was more likely brought up in a cave. They're all neanderthal that lot. Should following Fleetwood not us.

ablueclaret

Post by ablueclaret » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:10 pm

Perhaps you don't remember the promotion season Sidney, perhaps it passed you by.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4139 times
Has Liked: 3603 times

Post by DCWat » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:01 am

Sidney1st wrote:SD's framework has changed the role of wingers?
You don't half spout some ********.

Framework agenda?
Preferable to your agenda I suppose.

Now Boyd has left I'm expecting him to become the Messi of the championship, such is your belief he's better than Dyche allegedly let him be.
He can doss down their with Wallace.

As for the best football with Trippier and Ings, we got relegated with them in the team.............
The best football under Dyche was in that first promotion season. The relegation from the premier league was nothing to do with Ings and Trippier, it was because we didn't sort the midfield out - the same mistake as made during our first premier league season.

Although our midfield is probably now the strongest it has been in years, whether it will produce the goals and supply remains to be seen.

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:06 pm

I think that our off-season signings show that we're going to take a more aggressive approach this year. Less "circle the wagons" and more control the ball in the midfield. With Keane gone, I don't think that we have a choice.

Saxoman
Been Liked: 575 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:09 pm

MDWat wrote:He got called out once by Dyche in the second half because he kept drifting to the wing rather than tucking in. Brady understood the instruction and gave a thumbs up to Dyche. He was the best player on the pitch by absolutely miles.
Why the constant call for a pacy winger when dyche wants them to 'tuck in'..?