Krakow hotels

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TopCat
Been Liked: 172 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Krakow hotels

Post by TopCat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Now decided that we are going in February.
Been talking about it for years and will be taking in the tours to Auschwitz, Birkenau etc.
Any recommendations on how to book for approx 4 night stay?
Package holiday or book separately?
Any advice welcome.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Re: Krakow hotels

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:36 pm

its likely to be cold, and potentially icy so if possible dont book on a hill :)
I know some online firms give a discount for hotels if you book it with flights but there aint much margin in flights so its all down to how decent a deal they can get hotel-wise

starting_11
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 836 times

Post by starting_11 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:44 pm

Trivago for the hotels

Google flights for the flights

Can't go wrong

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:54 pm

I've been a few times and usually get an apartment with these guys.

They also will pick you up from the airport and take you to Auschwitz, Salt mines, etc for a minimal charge. Allows you to do it at your own pace, rather than be herded by a organised tour.

http://sodispar.pl/

I usually check skyscanner for my flights.

In terms of eating, you've got to do chlopskie jadio (translates as peasant food). The pork knuckle there is to die for and pierogi some of the best in town.
Last edited by Darthlaw on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dressinggown
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Post by Dressinggown » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:55 pm

I've booked this place for 2 nights in November:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Rev ... oland.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Overlooking the main square with a jacuzzi etc.

£90 a night. Flights £100 for me and the missus.

Commy
Been Liked: 467 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Commy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:53 pm

I use booking.com for accommodation and Easyjet for flights. There are a few companies that do taxis from the airport pretty cheap, either shared or your own.

Claretforshaw
Been Liked: 95 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by Claretforshaw » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:10 am

I have been there twice now, a great place to visit, both times I have stayed at the Novatel Centrum which I would thoroughly recommend. The last time I booked Hotel and flights separately and rather pushed the boat out with the tours to Auschwitz, Schindlers Museum and the Salt Mines with Prime Tours who were quite expensive but excellent. Have a good time you will enjoy and have lasting memories.

ClaretAndBlue94
Been Liked: 62 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by ClaretAndBlue94 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:35 pm

Visited Krakow a few times, one of my favourite cities.

Went with my other half and stayed at Hotel Amber which was excellent. Only very small but had excellent rooms and a decent breakfast. Also had a small gym/steam room that could be used for free. Believe it was around a 5 minute walk from the square.

Would recommend the Salt Mines as a trip, I personally was not expecting much when we booked but is well worth seeing. We found in general booking a trip with a tourism company was better value. With this I would suggest not using the official tourist information centre as they were charging us around 30% more !

Auschwitz is obviously something to visit and if booked with a tourism company they will take you to Birkenau also.

The free walking tours were also very good. Took around 3 hours but got a real insight into the city. The guides are usually students who hope to earn tips and so on. We went on the Jewish Quarter tour which was a great way to spend a morning.

In terms of bars try find the ones down the small alleys or the ones that are underground. Some absolute gems can be found if you are looking for them.

Also this is the hotel : https://www.booking.com/hotel/pl/hotela ... #hotelTmpl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

claretsmart
Been Liked: 2 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by claretsmart » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Ive been about 15 times its like my second home.

Best hotel ive stayed in during that time is Andels. Went 2 weeks before Christmas and it was £40 a night.